Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
NJ raider 1

Paterson, NJ

#882359 Apr 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7
"Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love." 1 John 4:18
Children with loving parents are still punished if they misbehave. The fear of making them angry and displeasing them is often what keeps them from acting out bad behavior.
It's not an unhealthy fear. It's fear of displeasing someone you love. Same with fearing the Lord.
What sense does it make to fear the very object of your love. I didn't fear my parents, I respected their wishes as I chose. As I said that's not free will. Using punishment as a bargaining chip is not free will, its extortion. I don't know what world y'all live in. Y'all still thinking like first century peasants fear the king. There is no room for fear in the heart full of love !
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882360 Apr 1, 2013
Another interesting headline:

Bassem Youssef, "Egypt's Jon Stewart," says after interrogation, he's "going to take it through the roof".

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57577232/...

He was released after 5 hours of "fair" interrogation but continuing to make fun of the Muslim Brotherhood is probably a bad idea.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882361 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
All hands on the left shot up.
Free housing = more votes from those dependent on government
Automatic citizenship = more votes from those dependent on government
You're a liar Carol, I don't know how you call yourself a Christian with all the hate and lies that you spew

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882362 Apr 1, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What sense does it make to fear the very object of your love. I didn't fear my parents, I respected their wishes as I chose. As I said that's not free will. Using punishment as a bargaining chip is not free will, its extortion. I don't know what world y'all live in. Y'all still thinking like first century peasants fear the king. There is no room for fear in the heart full of love !
Instilling fear is control. Perhaps Carols parents beat her, that's why she's a control freak.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882363 Apr 1, 2013
Well, hubby turns out to be the useless, spineless, piece of shit mama always told me he was. I'm so depressed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#882364 Apr 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane, Carol et all didn't get that memo
what is social justice besides the new catchall phrase for redistribution.

there are lot of memos that you wouldn't get, even if they hit you right between the eyes, kind of like what the ambulance chaser has to do to get you out of your typical drunken stupors.

'In its modern form, SOCIAL JUSTICE represents a conglomeration of environmental extremism, coupled with the Marxist concept of a government empowered to confiscate the property of one citizen for the purpose of purchasing the loyalty of another.

Meanwhile, the elites who have squandered a disproportionate share of those resources, traveling on their private jets to "environmental conferences," will continue to do so while the common citizen must endure greater and greater hardship in order to merely stay warm and get to work.'

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/adamo/080...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882365 Apr 1, 2013
Big Queen to Bishop 4...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#882366 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
The Daily Beast is highly credible and Hillary Clinton will likely be the first female President of these United States.
Speaking of dripping baggage, look in the mirror.
Yes, I see you there.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882367 Apr 1, 2013
In 2010, Adelanto sold its prison to Geo Group for lump payment of $28 million. As part of the deal, Adelanto helped the new buyer secure a contract with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), for which the city negotiated an additional payout of $50,000 a year from Geo Group.

Geo quickly expanded the facility to hold 1,300 inmates, making it the largest private deportation center in the state California. It projected an annual revenue stream of $42 million (at a rock bottom rate of $99 per detained immigrant per day). And according to its cushy contract with ICE, Geo was guaranteed a 75-percent minimum occupancy rate, meaning that the feds agreed to pay the private prison company $36 million a year to run its Adelanto facility, whether it contained immigrant detainees or not. All this, of course, is being funded by hardworking American taxpayers.

http://www.alternet.org/immigration/obama-dep...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#882368 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
All hands on the left shot up.
Free housing = more votes from those dependent on government
Automatic citizenship = more votes from those dependent on government
Looney Lily would call that social justice

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#882369 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a liar Carol, I don't know how you call yourself a Christian with all the hate and lies that you spew
That would be you, vile racist beast lily boca raton fl.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#882370 Apr 1, 2013
This is fabulous, notice the expressions on the Democrat's faces.

http://forum.snipershide.com/s-2-intel-2nd-am...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882371 Apr 1, 2013
Y’see, Geo Group isn’t just any private prison operator. It started life as a subsidiary of the Wackenhut Corporation, the shady quasi-government security company founded in the 1950s by former FBI agent and fervent McCarthyite George R. Wackenhut.

Wackenhut packed his company with rightwing generals, John Birch Society leaders and future leaders of the military-security establishment, including William Casey and Frank Carlucci. He fashioned Wackenhut Corp into a modern version of the Pinkerton Agency, providing various security and espionage services to both the government and private clients.

With Wackenhut’s history as a violent rightwing paramilitary organization, it’s track record in prison management quickly became littered with corpses, broken bodies and rape victims. It racked up such a bad rep that the company was forced to change its name from Wackenhut to Geo Group.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#882372 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Instilling fear is control. Perhaps Carols parents beat her, that's why she's a control freak.
Your parents obviously beat you, which is why you continuously make fun of the way people look, dress, think, etc., in the most mean and vile ways.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882373 Apr 1, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What sense does it make to fear the very object of your love. I didn't fear my parents, I respected their wishes as I chose. As I said that's not free will. Using punishment as a bargaining chip is not free will, its extortion. I don't know what world y'all live in. Y'all still thinking like first century peasants fear the king. There is no room for fear in the heart full of love !
You loved your parents and respected their wishes as you chose. But if you chose to go against their wishes, you wouldn't have respected them enough to have a healthy fear of the consequences of having displeased them?

Discipline is done out of love if there is an abundance of love to begin with.

Not saying your parents provided no boundaries and were permissive parents, but parents who don't correct and discipline their children actually don't love them as much as you think they do.
nobamaredux

United States

#882374 Apr 1, 2013
Obama Youth Mob Riots; Police Largely Ignore Attacks on Whites

More than two dozen teens were arrested Saturday night after dozens of groups began randomly attacking pedestrians on Chicago's Magnificent Mile.

Police responded to reports of disturbances around 6:30 p.m. Saturday near Michigan and Chicago avenues. They said a number of teens took to the streets and started fighting.

Police said 28 teens were arrested during the incident and charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and battery and later released, according to Police News Affairs. Eleven other teens were charged with misdemeanor charges after they allegedly attacked a group of women on the CTA Red Line, police said.

“You have over three to four hundred teenagers with mob action, jumping on individuals that are downtown,” community activist Andrew Holmes said.“Multiple people have been arrested and I caution those parents that get this call about your child being arrested--maybe you need to check your child.”

Officers began breaking up the attacks by ushering teens to the Red Line. Chaos continued underground but many attackers reportedly left the area.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Hundreds...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882375 Apr 1, 2013
What? You thought "Eden" was created out of nothing? Nah! When I said Adam and Leo were the first man and woman you didn't imagine that I didn't have to take the land from the Abo's first did ya? The original draft said, "And God chased the Abo's out of the parcel of land now defined by I-95 and I-9 and created the first "white" man out of a wad of mud."

Happy Apres-Easter everybody.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882376 Apr 1, 2013
My sense is, "Betsy," that all this will be very confusing for those reading back over the Internet in generations to come.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#882377 Apr 1, 2013
In 2010, Adelanto sold its prison to Geo Group for lump payment of $28 million. As part of the deal, Adelanto helped the new buyer secure a contract with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), for which the city negotiated an additional payout of $50,000 a year from Geo Group.
Geo quickly expanded the facility to hold 1,300 inmates, making it the largest private deportation center in the state California. It projected an annual revenue stream of $42 million (at a rock bottom rate of $99 per detained immigrant per day). And according to its cushy contract with ICE, Geo was guaranteed a 75-percent minimum occupancy rate, meaning that the feds agreed to pay the private prison company $36 million a year to run its Adelanto facility, whether it contained immigrant detainees or not. All this, of course, is being funded by hardworking American taxpayers.
Easy to throw around revenue numbers without mentioning either the net profit or the alternative cost (probably much higher) for the federal government to run the institution.

When the government tries to save money, all you people do is bitch.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882378 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, Lily, you know democrats wanting more votes at any cost is just as true as I do.

You have to look no further than the top 3 "evolvers" on your side of the fence. Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton all "evolved" over the issue of gay marriage within just months of each other.

If one of Obama's daughters or Chelsea Clinton had come out of the closet, it would be more understandable as was the case in that one republican.

But the motives behind the top 3 democrats suddenly doing a complete about face on gay marriage at the same time should be clear to you any everyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 4 min andet1987 1,473
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 17 min andet1987 1,280
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min dont drink the ko... 46,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 55 min HughBe 69,396
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 1 hr Daily Schadenfreude 35
Amy 9-18 1 hr edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 178,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago