Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#882370 Apr 1, 2013
This is fabulous, notice the expressions on the Democrat's faces.

http://forum.snipershide.com/s-2-intel-2nd-am...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882371 Apr 1, 2013
Y’see, Geo Group isn’t just any private prison operator. It started life as a subsidiary of the Wackenhut Corporation, the shady quasi-government security company founded in the 1950s by former FBI agent and fervent McCarthyite George R. Wackenhut.

Wackenhut packed his company with rightwing generals, John Birch Society leaders and future leaders of the military-security establishment, including William Casey and Frank Carlucci. He fashioned Wackenhut Corp into a modern version of the Pinkerton Agency, providing various security and espionage services to both the government and private clients.

With Wackenhut’s history as a violent rightwing paramilitary organization, it’s track record in prison management quickly became littered with corpses, broken bodies and rape victims. It racked up such a bad rep that the company was forced to change its name from Wackenhut to Geo Group.

http://www.alternet.org/immigration/obama-dep...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#882372 Apr 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Instilling fear is control. Perhaps Carols parents beat her, that's why she's a control freak.
Your parents obviously beat you, which is why you continuously make fun of the way people look, dress, think, etc., in the most mean and vile ways.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882373 Apr 1, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What sense does it make to fear the very object of your love. I didn't fear my parents, I respected their wishes as I chose. As I said that's not free will. Using punishment as a bargaining chip is not free will, its extortion. I don't know what world y'all live in. Y'all still thinking like first century peasants fear the king. There is no room for fear in the heart full of love !
You loved your parents and respected their wishes as you chose. But if you chose to go against their wishes, you wouldn't have respected them enough to have a healthy fear of the consequences of having displeased them?

Discipline is done out of love if there is an abundance of love to begin with.

Not saying your parents provided no boundaries and were permissive parents, but parents who don't correct and discipline their children actually don't love them as much as you think they do.
nobamaredux

United States

#882374 Apr 1, 2013
Obama Youth Mob Riots; Police Largely Ignore Attacks on Whites

More than two dozen teens were arrested Saturday night after dozens of groups began randomly attacking pedestrians on Chicago's Magnificent Mile.

Police responded to reports of disturbances around 6:30 p.m. Saturday near Michigan and Chicago avenues. They said a number of teens took to the streets and started fighting.

Police said 28 teens were arrested during the incident and charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and battery and later released, according to Police News Affairs. Eleven other teens were charged with misdemeanor charges after they allegedly attacked a group of women on the CTA Red Line, police said.

“You have over three to four hundred teenagers with mob action, jumping on individuals that are downtown,” community activist Andrew Holmes said.“Multiple people have been arrested and I caution those parents that get this call about your child being arrested--maybe you need to check your child.”

Officers began breaking up the attacks by ushering teens to the Red Line. Chaos continued underground but many attackers reportedly left the area.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Hundreds...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882375 Apr 1, 2013
What? You thought "Eden" was created out of nothing? Nah! When I said Adam and Leo were the first man and woman you didn't imagine that I didn't have to take the land from the Abo's first did ya? The original draft said, "And God chased the Abo's out of the parcel of land now defined by I-95 and I-9 and created the first "white" man out of a wad of mud."

Happy Apres-Easter everybody.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882376 Apr 1, 2013
My sense is, "Betsy," that all this will be very confusing for those reading back over the Internet in generations to come.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#882377 Apr 1, 2013
In 2010, Adelanto sold its prison to Geo Group for lump payment of $28 million. As part of the deal, Adelanto helped the new buyer secure a contract with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), for which the city negotiated an additional payout of $50,000 a year from Geo Group.
Geo quickly expanded the facility to hold 1,300 inmates, making it the largest private deportation center in the state California. It projected an annual revenue stream of $42 million (at a rock bottom rate of $99 per detained immigrant per day). And according to its cushy contract with ICE, Geo was guaranteed a 75-percent minimum occupancy rate, meaning that the feds agreed to pay the private prison company $36 million a year to run its Adelanto facility, whether it contained immigrant detainees or not. All this, of course, is being funded by hardworking American taxpayers.
http://www.alternet.org/immigration/obama-dep...
Easy to throw around revenue numbers without mentioning either the net profit or the alternative cost (probably much higher) for the federal government to run the institution.

When the government tries to save money, all you people do is bitch.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882378 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a liar Carol, I don't know how you call yourself a Christian with all the hate and lies that you spew
Oh, Lily, you know democrats wanting more votes at any cost is just as true as I do.

You have to look no further than the top 3 "evolvers" on your side of the fence. Barack Obama, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton all "evolved" over the issue of gay marriage within just months of each other.

If one of Obama's daughters or Chelsea Clinton had come out of the closet, it would be more understandable as was the case in that one republican.

But the motives behind the top 3 democrats suddenly doing a complete about face on gay marriage at the same time should be clear to you any everyone else.
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882379 Apr 1, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Looney Lily would call that social justice
Free anything is a gimmick. There's always a catch.

Liberals are too gullible. Scammers see them coming a mile away.
nobamaredux

United States

#882380 Apr 1, 2013
Being president of the U.S., the most powerful man in the world, is often most about perception. The man (or, one day, woman) in the job takes actions large and small every day, but it is the perception of the man that seeps into the everyday lives of working Americans.

That’s why presidential candidates always hit Philadelphia for a cheesesteak during campaigns (Democrats to Pat’s, Republicans to Geno’s). Sure, they’re running billion-dollar operations trying to win the White House, but one picture of them wolfing down a Cheez Whiz-covered glob of meat on a Philly street hits home with millions of voters:“Hey, that guy’s just like me! He loves him a Pat’s [or Geno’s] cheesesteak, too!”(Unless you’re John F. Kerry and order Swiss cheese — then everyone hates you.)

Sometimes, that perception cuts to the core. Like when President George W. Bush stopped playing golf in 2003, at the height of the Iraq War.

“I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal,” he said years later.“I don’t want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them.”

That’s also why Mr. Bush did two other things, without fanfare or praise. First, he never headed home to his Texas ranch until after Christmas, instead going to Camp David for a few days. That way, the hundreds of people revolving around him at all times — White House staff, Secret Service agents, reporters, photographers, all the others — could spend the holiday with their families in and around Washington, D.C. No one ever reported that.

Second, he rarely attended sporting events, although he once owned a baseball team and was a self-confessed stats junkie. His thinking there was the same: If he went to a baseball game (right down the street from the White House), his mere presence would mean hours and hours of extra security for fans. He once stopped off at the Daytona 500 and the metal detectors through which every fan had to pass left thousands outside in line when the green flag fell; he didn’t attend many sporting events after that.

But something remarkable has happened with these occupants of the White House: Neither President Obama nor first lady Michelle appear to give a damn about perception. They won the White House and, by God, they’re going to enjoy their time there, no matter the cost. And who cares what you think, anyway?

How else to explain the nonstop vacations the pair keep taking during what Mr. Obama calls the “worst financial crisis since the Great Depression”? In 2013, the First Family has already enjoyed three vacations — that’s one a month.(Sorry, Joe America, you might have to forget your week at the beach again this year, but make sure you get those taxes in on time!)

The Obamas ended 2012 and kicked off 2013 in an $8 million, 6,000-square-foot house in Hawaii (they left well before Dec. 25, by the way). There, the president played five rounds of golf (breaking the 100-rounds-as-president threshold). Scarcely a month into Term 2, Mrs. Obama headed off for Aspen, taking along the couple’s daughters. Vice President Joseph R. Biden also hit the Colorado slopes. While the girls (and Joe) were gone, Mr. Obama nipped down to Florida for a four-day boys weekend of golf, teeing it up with his buddies — and Tiger Woods. He hit the links again this weekend, then dropped in for an NCAA tournament game in Washington.

Then, last week, reports emerged that the Obama girls were kicking it in the Bahamas for spring break. Days later, a Colorado news station, KMTV, reported that the girls were now skiing in Sun Valley, Idaho. The White House flacks didn’t like that one bit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882381 Apr 1, 2013
What Benghazi Tells Us About the GOP Brand

....The GOP is now in the position that Carter’s party was in, and in contrast Obama has acquired something like Reagan’s “teflon” coating—as the Benghazi episode illustrates. Benghazi was a national humiliation, caught the administration in a tangle of its own words, and should have raised serious questions about why we were in Libya in the first place. Americans, including an ambassador, had died, and Obama’s signature foreign-policy intervention was the strategic backdrop. It happened shortly before an election, yet Obama took no damage from it. Instead, Republicans who insisted that this was a great scandal came off looking like unpatriotic kooks to non-Republicans. Why?

It’s a simple matter of trust: the nation now trusts Democrats more than Republicans on foreign policy, and Iraq is largely the reason for that. This gives Obama and his party a margin for error: his Benghazi screw-up is seen as an aberration, much as Reagan’s Lebanon humiliation was. It doesn’t fit the brand’s reputation for leadership, and that reputation is stronger in the public mind than the impression made by an incident even as gruesome as the Beirut barracks attack or the murder of an ambassador.

Coca-Cola knows how this works. If a customer gets one flat bottle of pop, he won’t flee from Coke to Pepsi or RC. He may be unhappy with this particular experience, but the brand is strong enough that it shapes a storyline even for the dissatisfied customer: this was a one-off mistake; you trust the brand, and that counts for more than what you see with your eyes or taste with your tongue. Trust trumps experience, up to a point.

The point beyond which trust doesn’t trump experience? A failed war, for one thing.

The larger argument of my “GOP’s Vietnam” article is that failed wars don’t just affect a party’s reputation in foreign policy but have spillover effects elsewhere. If I’m right about that, the GOP has today depleted its margin not only in foreign policy but across the board. And the next Republican president, like Carter, may not get much benefit of the doubt from the public.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/mccart...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882382 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
And, who are the "scammers", Bets?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882383 Apr 1, 2013
Check...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882384 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Instilling fear is control. Perhaps Carols parents beat her, that's why she's a control freak.
Weren't you ever disciplined by your parents?

Why is it liberals equate discipline with a beating? Were you beaten as a child? I sure hope not. If so, at least that would explain your own personal view.

If not, were you ever disciplined? And did you never do anything wrong as a child? Because the perfect child doesn't exist.

Most children whose parents cared enough to teach them right from wrong when they were growing up love them even more after becoming adults themselves.

True for me anyway.
nobamaredux

United States

#882385 Apr 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
What Benghazi Tells Us About the GOP Brand
....The GOP is now in the position that Carter’s party was in, and in contrast Obama has acquired something like Reagan’s “teflon” coating—as the Benghazi episode illustrates. Benghazi was a national humiliation, caught the administration in a tangle of its own words, and should have raised serious questions about why we were in Libya in the first place. Americans, including an ambassador, had died, and Obama’s signature foreign-policy intervention was the strategic backdrop. It happened shortly before an election, yet Obama took no damage from it. Instead, Republicans who insisted that this was a great scandal came off looking like unpatriotic kooks to non-Republicans. Why?
It’s a simple matter of trust: the nation now trusts Democrats more than Republicans on foreign policy, and Iraq is largely the reason for that. This gives Obama and his party a margin for error: his Benghazi screw-up is seen as an aberration, much as Reagan’s Lebanon humiliation was. It doesn’t fit the brand’s reputation for leadership, and that reputation is stronger in the public mind than the impression made by an incident even as gruesome as the Beirut barracks attack or the murder of an ambassador.
A more logical explanation is a biased media that distorts the truth to serve Obama, including a fat pig named Candy Crowley in the debate.

Obama campaign ads are now claiming that his anti-gun legislation is actually pro-gun.

The world is upside down.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882386 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Scammers meaning democrats and liberal media who easily fool the easily fooled.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#882387 Apr 1, 2013
The Emperor after Three Lavish Vacations you would think he’ll sit down and do the Peoples business like a (Budget) Nah, another Fundraiser, what’s the hurry, when I said sacrifice I meant you Peasants!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#882389 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is, the liberals are the scammers and they're not gullible, they're greedy to the point of self debasement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
nobamaredux

United States

#882390 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Weren't you ever disciplined by your parents?
Why is it liberals equate discipline with a beating? Were you beaten as a child? I sure hope not. If so, at least that would explain your own personal view.
If not, were you ever disciplined? And did you never do anything wrong as a child? Because the perfect child doesn't exist.
Most children whose parents cared enough to teach them right from wrong when they were growing up love them even more after becoming adults themselves.
True for me anyway.
The mass murderers at Columbine and Newtown were probably never disciplined by their parents.

Like the parents who take their urchins on an airline flight and let them kick the back of the seat in front of them for hours without saying a word, then get offended if you complain.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min KiMerde 51,265
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min Brian_G 49,239
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,119
Disgraceful treatment at O'Hare 1 hr far away 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,872
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 3 hr joey 2
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 6 hr Mover 88
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News