Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
811,721 - 811,740 of 1,100,432 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#882192 Mar 31, 2013
This band of sisters?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882194 Mar 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really
need it."
-- Swedish Proverb
You always least deserve it, debil. Go talk to JC.
How sweet! Nothing I like better than to be condescended to by a cripple. Don't bother bein' sweet to me, honey, I can see into your heart.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882195 Mar 31, 2013
DEATH wrote:
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! I just sent a church van full of baptists off a mountain in west virginia. They'd just gotten through eating at a Grand Buffet easter sunday special. Gives new meaning to the term "last supper."
Don't worry, the rednecks at the bottom of the hill will skin and eat 'em.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#882196 Mar 31, 2013
QUIT deleting my posts!
WHY are you "censoring" ME?

``````````
I "found" this on another website. It fits in pretty much "perfectly" with what I have been trying to say. Changing the name to protect the poster.

Anon. wrote:

Dear topix.com ,
At times, I totally enjoy your website, there is nothing more enjoyable and relaxing then a good clean, lighthearted, conversation with like minded, mature commenters. Other times, I want to rip out a trolls eyes and spit in Chris Tolle’s face, for making my life a living hell.[mine is NOT or I wouldn't be HERE-AL]

I’ll gladly take some of the blame for my times of discontent on topix, after all, no one forces me to visit topix.com . But let me tell you a short, non-fiction story about topix hell in small town U.S.A....

Most people don’t have to, and shouldn't post their real names on topix, but that doesn't stop someone else from putting you in the limelight. And once you are there, it’s hard to get out of it. In a small town, where ¾ of the population is family and lifelong friends, being in the limelight on topix can be very devastating and damaging.

In my case, my personal troll(s) have taken it to extremes. And I totally agree with Miss Virginia Hoge, NEVER give in to bullies. By giving in, you are empowering them and therefore, IMO, contributing to the bullying.

I wont go into detail about what is being said daily about me on topix, it is the epitome of defamation, and is in no way, protected free speech. It’s bad enough that I have to read this about myself on a public forum, viewable worldwide, but how about the community’s children that reads this overly explicit garbage?

How can it be justified that children are being corrupted and their minds poisoned against their family, friends and neighbors when there are no knowledgeable adults attempting to deter it, or protect them from it?

There aren't that many parents even aware of topix.com . Oft times, they (the children) are introduced to the website by a friend or a classmate, and by the time their parents are aware of their child’s topix activity, the damage is already done.

I can go on, and on about this but let me just cut to the chase. I can think of many ways of protecting many, many innocent victims of topix defamation by making minor changes to it’s policies and/or TOS, that probably wouldn't effect “hits” or the popularity of said website. My question is, why isn't topix.com making any effort at all, in cleaning up it’s act?

I sure wouldn't want to see this spiral any further out of control and risk losing the privilege of enjoying the enjoyable aspects of topix, when the government has no choice but to shut it down.

Please topix.com save yourself :)
==========
AL adds to IT:
THIS is what WE are subject to DAILY on this AND ALL forums!

WHY?

Because of BLATANT disrespect of some dwIdioTs and their ILK!

MORAL decay of our citizenry!
From homo's ... on!

No respect for the Good LORD up above!
Therefore NO respect for ANYONE on Earth!

It's THAT simple
BUT also
THAT degrading!

The "powers" of good vs evil ...

If the homo's etc... EXPECT us to turn the other cheek ... They BEST think again ...

I WILL when HELL freezes over!
NOT until!

YES! I will DIE trying!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882197 Mar 31, 2013
I would go talk with him, Pops, IF HE WEREN'T DEAD!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882198 Mar 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
QUIT deleting my posts!
WHY are you "censoring" ME?
``````````
I "found" this on another website. It fits in pretty much "perfectly" with what I have been trying to say. Changing the name to protect the poster.
Anon. wrote:
Dear topix.com ,n Chris Tolle’s face, for making my life a living hell.[mine is NOT or I wouldn't be HERE-AL]
I’ll gladly take some of the blame for my times of discontent on topix, after all, no one forces me to visit topix.com . But let me tell you a short, non-fiction story about topix hell in small town U.S.A....nges to it’s policies and/or TOS, that probably wouldn't effect “hits” or the popularity of said website. My question is, why isn't topix.com making any effort at all, in cleaning up it’s act?
I sure wouldn't want to see this spiral any further out of control and risk losing the privilege of enjoying the enjoyable aspects of topix, when the government has no choice but to shut it down.
Please topix.com save yourself :)
==========
AL adds to IT:
THIS is what WE are subject to DAILY on this AND ALL forums!
WHY?
Because of BLATANT disrespect of some dwIdioTs and their ILK!
MORAL decay of our citizenry!
From homo's ... on!
No respect for the Good LORD up above!
Therefore NO respect for ANYONE on Earth!
It's THAT simple
BUT also
THAT degrading!
The "powers" of good vs evil ...
If the homo's etc... EXPECT us to turn the other cheek ... They BEST think again ...
I WILL when HELL freezes over!
NOT until!
YES! I will DIE trying!
Well, I can't speak for anyone else but I just do it because you're a southerner. C'mon, no hard feelings, Bubba, you guys lost the war but act like you won it. You got to learn your place - at the bottom. Also: to the best of my knowledge there are no children on Topix and not a large number of people under 40 so fear not. Kids don't read this crap day in and day out they're out there texting each other pictures of the dog licking their genitals. the problem with southerners is that they think if THEY don't understand then how could anybody else? Same thing with indoor plumbing. Lastly, you make everything into a drama. Swamp People? Really? Gator Wars? you're stoopid folks, no two ways about it. You visit Topix VOLUNTARILY!!!! If you don't like it, LEAVE!!!!! It's like you are serially unable to link the actions of your left hand with that third one protruding out of your back.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882199 Mar 31, 2013
HEY! Exxon just created more jobs than the Keystone fiasco ever could by coming up with the clever ploy of just dumping the oil into the rivers in Arkansas! Brilliant! They said they're sorry though :(

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882200 Mar 31, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So how's this whole christian thing workin' out for you, honey? I guess this is sort of, your day, isn't it? He died for your sins so now... well, you know... what goes around comes around... karma... that's not a christian concept actually, you guys built in the instant escape hatch so you can be a whore takin' a big hot load in the face when suddenly you feel your heart stop and if you can just spit it all out... oh well, a little levity to pass the time until JC gets back with the beer, huh? We can't both be right, you're still in there with a chance...
He died because the leaders of the day felt threatened by him and wanted to silence the opposition.

Seriously though, He became a sacrifice to take our place. We deserved to be on that cross for rebelling against God and turning our backs on Him. I know I did. But God's amazing grace provided a savior so that we can know Him personally.

As the preacher said this morning, you first have to become empty instead of full of yourself.

In other words, we have enough gas to get ourselves only so far, so to speak, until the only way we can keep going is by the hand of God. I added that part.

But I don't think God is too happy with us as a nation right now.

Think that's what's making you so angry. My pointing it out.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882201 Mar 31, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, sort of like you guys are trying to do to Obama, huh? Ah well, I appear sloppily sentimental even to me when I play the pedant. Back to the old grindstone... Is this like the German soldiers and the British soldiers getting out of the trenches in the Ardonne and playing football together? Are we bonding?
No torturing and crucifying. Just don't want a president who represents only half the country that doesn't include the other half and taking us further down a dark and omenous path.

He could have played golf and taken all the vacations he wanted otherwise.

He's simply not good for this country. Much too radical and controlling.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882202 Mar 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> to you.
Well, to all of us human beings and the universe itself.

Too much logic behind life on this earth to have happened by chance.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882203 Mar 31, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He died because the leaders of the day felt threatened by him and wanted to silence the opposition.
Seriously though, He became a sacrifice to take our place. We deserved to be on that cross for rebelling against God and turning our backs on Him. I know I did. But God's amazing grace provided a savior so that we can know Him personally.
As the preacher said this morning, you first have to become empty instead of full of yourself.
In other words, we have enough gas to get ourselves only so far, so to speak, until the only way we can keep going is by the hand of God. I added that part.
But I don't think God is too happy with us as a nation right now.
Think that's what's making you so angry. My pointing it out.
Carol, carol, carol, you and your anger issues. I'm the sweetest guy in the world. Women and small children follow me out of stores smiling laughing and not just cause I buy them beer and cigarettes. You just ASSUME I'm angry. Sometimes I am, actually, a mean drunk, but, for the most part all I do is laugh.

I know the JC story backwards and forwards, honey. From what little I can glean he was a stand-up Joe and I have no doubt he would've liked me and me him. We we're both good with our hands and incredibly casual dressers. But he's dead, so I guess I'll just have to make do with the friends I have. I find the notion of another man allowing himself to be physically dismembered for my sake to be offensive, odious. If I did it, then I'll deal with the consequences I need no savior, no one to take my whuppin'. The fact that you do means you're weak. I'm not judging you, carol. I'm not saying it's wrong to be weak, I'm saying I choose not to be.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882204 Mar 31, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I've never even seen it.(I could make a God joke right here but I'm reining it in for you honey...) It's on your phone, right?
No actually, it comes with our Roku. But we bought an updated version. Only 4.99.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882205 Mar 31, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you like to play Angry Birds too? Gotten pretty good at it myself. Still a few levels that seem impossible though. Not even birds or the right birds for the level of difficulty.
Meant to say not "enough" birds...
carol

Orlando, FL

#882206 Mar 31, 2013
The mythical Jesus "died" because the money said he had to. He was fuckin' with the money and the money doesn't like to be fucked with. You called them "the leaders" but what they were was the moneylenders in league with the priests.

Think of "The Temple" not as a religious place, but a place where payday lenders could hang out and prey on the faithful. A captive audience so to speak. In order to get God's blessing your average Jew needed a "sacrifice" to be burned on one of the altars. Sacrifices cost money and these were superstitious people so the Priests would gin up the sinners and they'd run out on the porch and loan away their earthy possession well into the future in hopes god would bring them some manna, unaware that all their manna was being delivered in the form of debt to the greasy scum on the front porch.

Jesus saw this and recognized its inherent corruption and got reeeee-ly pissed. He threw the greedy fuckers off the porch and they arranged with the priests to have him killed, no more no less. there some part of this story you'd like to argue with me? There some part of this story that's different than now? You people are the payday lenders of your day. You need a good thrashing, personally, I'd like to see you all killed but that's probably why I'm not God. You're never going to learn. You hide behind the skirts of a man who despised you. You conflate commerce and piety. You are the enemy of everything Jesus was.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#882207 Mar 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> And what rightwing philosophy would that be?
Working, supporting yourself, obeying our laws, I think that sums it up.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882208 Mar 31, 2013
Hey, um, what do you suppose explains Jesus' anger? Jock-itch? When the boy got pissed you'd better be on the road, there's a reason for that.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#882209 Mar 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I have these two little ole black ladies come by about every other week. They knock and ting the bell even though there is no solicitors sticker on the door. I just answer the door, smile, and listen to their little speech. They invite me to their church and hand me a paper. I say goodbye. Takes about five minutes and they leave happy that someone listened to them. Five minutes to a couple people happy is worth it.
Lily and the rest of the hebes she's surrounded with want no outsiders in Boca Rats.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#882210 Mar 31, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
How sweet! Nothing I like better than to be condescended to by a cripple. Don't bother bein' sweet to me, honey, I can see into your heart.
Condescending to you ain't hard, bro'. Like peeing in the bushes.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882211 Mar 31, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, carol, carol, you and your anger issues. I'm the sweetest guy in the world. Women and small children follow me out of stores smiling laughing and not just cause I buy them beer and cigarettes. You just ASSUME I'm angry. Sometimes I am, actually, a mean drunk, but, for the most part all I do is laugh.
I know the JC story backwards and forwards, honey. From what little I can glean he was a stand-up Joe and I have no doubt he would've liked me and me him. We we're both good with our hands and incredibly casual dressers. But he's dead, so I guess I'll just have to make do with the friends I have. I find the notion of another man allowing himself to be physically dismembered for my sake to be offensive, odious. If I did it, then I'll deal with the consequences I need no savior, no one to take my whuppin'. The fact that you do means you're weak. I'm not judging you, carol. I'm not saying it's wrong to be weak, I'm saying I choose not to be.
Why wouldn't you honor someone who was willing to die in your place? Most people think of that as the greatest expression of love and self-sacrifice.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Jesus is the best example.

But it happens every day.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882212 Mar 31, 2013
Let's Count the Ways Keystone Approval Helps Us: Memo From Houston

So, why do we want President Barack Obama and Secretary John Kerry to approve construction of the Keystone pipeline from Alberta to the Gulf of Mexico?

• Because it will allow Canada to double and then triple production of tar sands and send it to thirsty Asian consumers.

• Because it will encourage Wall Street to increase investment in tar sands mining; they're worried now that increased amounts of tar sands can't get out of Canada without more pipeline capacity. All the other new pipeline routes are currently being blocked by citizen campaigns in Canada and the U.S.

• Because, if we wait too much longer, Americans will realize this has nothing to do with U.S. energy security. In reality, only a small portion will be used in the United States. Oil companies can get a higher price for these fuels in Asia.

• Because once it is unstoppable, people will stop worrying about runoff into the North Canadian Athabascan watershed, or the increase in cancers in indigenous peoples living downstream; these are a small price to pay for billions in tar sands revenues.

• Because the economic benefits will overwhelm the costs of inevitable pipeline spills of nearly impossible-to-clean-up tar sands bitumen across more than 1,000 miles of American territory.

• Because it will create social license for deforesting an area the size of Florida and turning it into the globe's largest open pit strip mine.

• Because it will provide 3,900 temporary jobs for oil pipeline construction while undercutting electric vehicle and alternative fuels markets being developed south of the border; god forbid those industries take off before we can get the tar sands deposits out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-northro...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,375
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 14 min tsheridan 3
Obama's Truth?? 19 min tsheridan 1
Some Christ Universal Temple members oppose Rev... (May '09) 33 min Johnnie Coleman M... 2,865
Lawsuit Running Rampant At Middle School 38 min BOE Watcher 1
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 55 min MPPD OFFCR 1,907
Michelle Obama, f/k/a MICHAEL LAVAUGHN ROBINSON 59 min Amen 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 177,401
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr trying to keep up 97,936
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••