Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,585)

Showing posts 811,681 - 811,700 of1,071,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again my friends!!! Good Morning and a Happy Easter to all!!! We have just completed an Easter Egg hunt here at the institution and I won!!(cheating, as usual) But I WON none the less!!!
I may not have much time today to judge everyone's posts as we have many holiday festivities here on the psych ward!
Anyhow, as you all can see I have been up all night maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using my sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I will be on board part of today (due to Easter festivities) making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole pupose being to harass the legitimate posters who use this forum.
I will also be juding your posts all day.
I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets ( No Surprize, my favorite, is with me now) so get ready for an all out Easter judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, double up on the depends!!!!
I try and eat foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret is cheese and double strength depends,(hardboiled eggs today as well!!!) try it!!!
Most sincerely, Waxman!!
And boys, phone numbers please!!
Call me! ;)
A quick reminder!!!!!!!!
I run scripts when judging as they allow me a huge advantage when it comes to judging the posts! I realize it's cheating but it makes me feel so much better about our team losing the election!! The judgits to me are like a consolation prize when I think about how badly our Teabagging friends are doing right now. I delude myself with them and try to convince myself we are winning!!! Join me!!
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!! PLEASE join me!
Hugs, Waxman!
Two words; bean pie.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur What a cheap shot!! But Reagan did produce 25 yrs. of Economic growth using only a Third of his Brain Power while Obama at Full Throttle has produce Historic Debt/Deficit!! So how many Liberals does it take to screw in a Light Bulb?
"One to hold the bulb, and two to turn the ladder"..
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Since Haw-vard leans Hard Left there was a study done to find out what is the definition of’ gross ignorance,’ the finding and the answer was not surprising … 144 Democrats!!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Great American Patriots wrote:
As sheriffs across the nation signal opposition to enforcing additional federal gun regulations, the Utah Sheriffs' Association sent a letter to President Obama assuring him that its members similarly will not comply.
The letters insists that the rights of Utah citizens trump any new gun control measure that Congress might pass, and sheriffs in Utah are prepared to trade their lives in defense of their constituents' right to keep and bear arms.
The letter, signed by 28 of Utah's 29 sheriffs, sternly rejects the citation of recent tragedies as Congress's rationale for expanded gun regulations:
With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect from all kinds of illegality.[original emphasis]
...as the duly elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend on our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights--in particularly Amendment II--has given them. We, like you [Mr. President], swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.
Rich County Sheriff Dale Stacey was among the 28 signatories on the letter, and on March 27 he spoke to Breitbart News:
The Sandy Hook shooting was terrible and we, in law enforcement, work to stop those kinds of things from happening. But taking guns from honest people isn't going to fix anything. The criminals will keep their guns, and regardless of what the law says criminals will always have guns.
I've owned a gun for 40 years and I've never committed a crime with it. What good can be done by taking it away from me?
We believe that if we do not uphold the oaths we have taken as Sheriffs we will gradually lose all our rights.
In recent legislative talks, a ban on so-called "assault weapons" from Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) did not make it out of committee. It is expected to receive a separate vote as an amendment to as-yet-unseen gun control legislation from Senate Democrats.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Blah Blah Blah No one s taking guns away from anyone in any of the proposed legislation.
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The Carthaginian followers of Ba'al sacrificed their children by throwing them into fire.(2 Kings 10:27-28)
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal" ;
But I suspect the smell of flesh burnt at an altar wouldn't bother you any more than the stench coming from an abortion clinic's incinerator.
YOUR "message" is nothing more than gibberish.
May sound like gibberish to someone speaking a language from over 2,000 years ago. Now who sounds like they're delusional, you or me? You people seem to have a problem looking to the past to solve the problems of today, when looking to the past only leaves you there when looking for that reason. The pussy its no more than a reminder of what not to do. People of those days thought shooting stars were God, & that eclipse were times of judgment so they sacrificed people in the name of God. These are the people you look to for guidance? Somehow you peoples minds skip right over the teachings of the Bible to gnostic babble to conform the teachings to fit your ideology. The world has gotten more sophisticated, yet your minds remain primitive. Baal worshipers throwing babies into fire pits. Are you serious?

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Davey Boie, when you start blaming Barney(My Boie Lollipop)Frank, for the S & L debacle which was the major cause of the recession, I'll quit calling you on it...
Look,yet another right whiner bigot.

No surprise there.

So, how did Barnet Frank do all f this from minority position in the House?

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right. That must be the reason Obama broke the record of being the quickest POTUS ever to provide corporate welfare after his election to office. I've never seen a president so quick to break so many campaign promises.

What corporate welfare was that?

You obviously were blind your entire life until Jan of 2009. Blind to Bush's lies. Blind to Republican spending, blind to Republican doubling the debt, etc etc
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No, it isn't racist. You can't change your race and nobody is "born" a Christian or Muslim.
I'm a minority now and I won't hold my breath waiting for the new majority to show me the same compassion that my peers have shown them.
I agree, you shouldn't, but you also shouldn't go thru life viewing things thru negative lenses. Everybody's intentions aren't bad & to do so only robs you of the basis in which this country was suppose to be founded on, FREEDOM!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws are not just written to be equal to all races but race, creed, sexual orientation & gender.
No one said they were a race.
Your hatred for homosexuals oozes from your posts like pus rom an infected sore.
davey boy you're wrong again.I don't hate these people , I hate the disease and those who wish to force the actions of the mentaly ill as a normal lifestyle onto society.. we Americans used to teach our children right from wrong reguardless of how offensive the truth was,I still do. Now if that offends you ,I don't honestly care.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

"This year as every year, foes of abortion publicly mourn the loss of babies who could have been. But they — we — remain silent on the loss of babies who actually were, who died because we could not get our act together, because ours is a nation that does not simply enable private gun ownership, but that worships and fetishizes it to the point where sensible restriction — even sensible conversation — seems impossible."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/30/3313904...

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> May sound like gibberish to someone speaking a language from over 2,000 years ago. Now who sounds like they're delusional, you or me? You people seem to have a problem looking to the past to solve the problems of today, when looking to the past only leaves you there when looking for that reason. The pussy its no more than a reminder of what not to do. People of those days thought shooting stars were God, & that eclipse were times of judgment so they sacrificed people in the name of God. These are the people you look to for guidance? Somehow you peoples minds skip right over the teachings of the Bible to gnostic babble to conform the teachings to fit your ideology. The world has gotten more sophisticated, yet your minds remain primitive. Baal worshipers throwing babies into fire pits. Are you serious?
And your type don't bother with excusing their blood lust, you insist on it being legal so you won't be punished for it.
nobamaredux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

New Obamacare Cost Savings?

For the first time since 1981, when it dubbed sex-change operations "experimental," Medicare has opened the door to covering transexual operations, adding to the growing list of operations that would be allowed under Obamacare.

Acting on a new request, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services said it is starting a new analysis that could lift the spending ban for sex-change operations with a goal of making a decision two days after Christmas and on the eve of Obamacare kicking in Jan. 1.

A 30-day public comment period just opened on the proposed "National Coverage Determination."

"Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder, formerly referred to as transsexual surgery in 140.3, is currently noncovered under the Medicare Part A and Part B programs. The existing policy, which became effective in 1981, states that transsexual surgery is considered experimental," said the notice just posted on the CMS.gov site.

"Please note that we are making an administrative change to the NCD title under this reconsideration to reflect current medical terminology. The new title for Section 140.3 will be Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder," it adds.

The National Center for Transgender Equality is among those pushing for the changes.

In supporting letters to CMS, one of the proponents claims that the experimental status of sex-change operations has long passed and that studies confirm it works. "These medical procedures and treatment protocols are not experimental: decades of both clinical experience and medical research show they are essential to achieving well-being for the transsexual patient," said the letter.

A second letter called the federal policy discriminatory, and added that failure to get the operation by those who needed can cause death. "The net effect is a failure to treat a treatable disorder which in many cases leads to death. The discrimination (is) clearly un-American," added the letter.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What corporate welfare was that?
You obviously were blind your entire life until Jan of 2009. Blind to Bush's lies. Blind to Republican spending, blind to Republican doubling the debt, etc etc
Denial will get you nowhere as long as there are people alive who remember the bailouts that POS liar handed out. One to a company that had already received a taxpayer funded bailout decades ago. It should have been allowed to die a natural death the first time it came begging for money.

You go ahead and live Orwell's novel, the rest of us see the real world well enough FOR you.
nobamaredux

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Google Insults Christians

On Easter Sunday, Google is honoring the birthday of the late labor organizer Cesar Chavez by placing a Chavez portrait within the middle “o” of the Google logo that appears on the homepage of the popular search engine.

While Google frequently decorates its logo to celebrate various holidays and special events, it is unclear why the company chose specifically to honor Chavez’s birthday, instead of Easter Sunday.

Chavez co-founded the organization now known as the United Farm Workers union (UFW). He became an iconic figure in the labor movement, with his stature only increasing since his death in 1993.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

nobamaredux wrote:
New Obamacare Cost Savings?
For the first time since 1981, when it dubbed sex-change operations "experimental," Medicare has opened the door to covering transexual operations, adding to the growing list of operations that would be allowed under Obamacare.
Acting on a new request, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services said it is starting a new analysis that could lift the spending ban for sex-change operations with a goal of making a decision two days after Christmas and on the eve of Obamacare kicking in Jan. 1.
A 30-day public comment period just opened on the proposed "National Coverage Determination."
"Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder, formerly referred to as transsexual surgery in 140.3, is currently noncovered under the Medicare Part A and Part B programs. The existing policy, which became effective in 1981, states that transsexual surgery is considered experimental," said the notice just posted on the CMS.gov site.
"Please note that we are making an administrative change to the NCD title under this reconsideration to reflect current medical terminology. The new title for Section 140.3 will be Surgical Treatment for Gender Identity Disorder," it adds.
The National Center for Transgender Equality is among those pushing for the changes.
In supporting letters to CMS, one of the proponents claims that the experimental status of sex-change operations has long passed and that studies confirm it works. "These medical procedures and treatment protocols are not experimental: decades of both clinical experience and medical research show they are essential to achieving well-being for the transsexual patient," said the letter.
A second letter called the federal policy discriminatory, and added that failure to get the operation by those who needed can cause death. "The net effect is a failure to treat a treatable disorder which in many cases leads to death. The discrimination (is) clearly un-American," added the letter.
That's fkg insane and inexcusable.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

White men have much to discuss about mass shootings

Imagine if African American men and boys were committing mass shootings month after month, year after year. Articles and interviews would flood the media, and we’d have political debates demanding that African Americans be “held accountable.” Then, if an atrocity such as the Newtown, Conn., shootings took place and African American male leaders held a news conference to offer solutions, their credibility would be questionable. The public would tell these leaders that they need to focus on problems in their own culture and communities.

But when the criminals and leaders are white men, race and gender become the elephant in the room.

Nearly all of the mass shootings in this country in recent years — not just Newtown, Aurora, Fort Hood, Tucson and Columbine — have been committed by white men and boys. Yet when the National Rifle Association (NRA), led by white men, held a news conference after the Newtown massacre to advise Americans on how to reduce gun violence, its leaders’ opinions were widely discussed.

Unlike other groups, white men are not used to being singled out. So we expect that many of them will protest it is unfair if we talk about them. But our nation must correctly define their contribution to our problem of gun violence if it is to be solved.

When white men try to divert attention from gun control by talking about mental health issues, many people buy into the idea that the United States has a national mental health problem, or flawed systems with which to address those problems, and they think that is what produces mass shootings.

But women and girls with mental health issues are not picking up semiautomatic weapons and shooting schoolchildren. Immigrants with mental health issues are not committing mass shootings in malls and movie theaters. Latinos with mental health issues are not continually killing groups of strangers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/white-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Each of us is programmed from childhood to believe that the top group of our hierarchies — and in the U.S. culture, that’s white men — represents everyone, so it can feel awkward, even ridiculous, when we try to call attention to those people as a distinct group and hold them accountable.

For example, our schools teach American history as the history of everyone in this nation. But the stories we learn are predominantly about white men. To study the history of other groups, people have to take separate classes, such as African American history, women’s history or Native American history. And if we take “Hispanic American History,” we don’t expect to learn “Asian American History,” because a class about anyone but white men is assumed not to be inclusive of anyone else.

This societal and cultural programming makes it easy for conservative, white-male-led groups to convince the nation that an organization led by white men, such as the NRA or the tea party movement, can represent the interests of the entire nation when, in fact, they predominately represent only their own experiences and perspectives.

If life were equitable, white male gun-rights advocates would face some serious questions to assess their degree of credibility and objectivity. We would expect them to explain:

What facets of white male culture create so many mass shootings?

Why are so many white men and boys producing and entertaining themselves with violent video games and other media?

Why do white men buy, sell and manufacture guns for profit; attend gun shows; and demonstrate for unrestricted gun access disproportionately more than people of other ethnicities or races?

Why are white male congressmen leading the fight against gun control?

If Americans ask the right questions on gun issues, we will get the right answers. These answers will encourage white men to examine their role in their own culture and to help other white men and boys become healthier and less violent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/white-...
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again my friends!!! Good Morning and a Happy Easter to all!!! We have just completed an Easter Egg hunt here at the institution and I won!!(cheating, as usual) But I WON none the less!!!
I may not have much time today to judge evere's posts as we have many holiday festivities here on the psych ward!
Anyhow, as you all can see I have been up all night maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using my sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I will be on board part of today (due to Easter festivities) making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole pupose being to harass the legitimate posters who use this forum.
I will also be juding your posts all day.
I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets ( Realtime, my favorite, is with me now) so get ready for an all out Easter judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, double up on the depends!!!!
I try and eat foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret is cheese and double strength depends,(hardboiled eggs today as well!!!) try it!!!
Most sincerely, Not Surprized!!
And boys, phone numbers please!!
Call me! ;)
A quick reminder!!!!!!!!
I run scripts when judging as they allow me a huge advantage when it comes to judging the posts! I realize it's cheating but it makes me feel so much better about our team losing the election!! The judgits to me are like a consolation prize when I think about how badly our Teabagging friends are doing right now. I delude myself with them and try to convince myself we are winning!!! Join me!!
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!! PLEASE join me!
Hugs, Not Surprized!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>"One to hold the bulb, and two to turn the ladder"..
it can't be that easy.. 1st they would have to start a commity then do a epa study , fund a foreign company to build a ladder and deseign the light bulb , spend 92 billion dollars to figure out how to power the bulb and hire 3 illegals to do the job.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think the forefather envisioned Allah or Buddha in the founding documents before America became a melting pot.
Freedom and self-government was a concept thought possible only if people were governed by a higher source.
People were up until then controlled by government.
Happy Easter, RealDave.
Buddha? Have you lost you frikken mind? Allah?

The furthest from the US any of the FF's ever made it was Franklin and Adams traveling to Paris. They knew of non-European cultures and religions only in the abstract. By the way, Buddhism, even today, is a relatively small group worldwide. France didn't settle in SE Asia until around 1890.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 811,681 - 811,700 of1,071,178
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••