Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263625 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

leadville lou

Denver, CO

#882561 Apr 1, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Obama’s nominee for Energy Secretary has recently disclosed his connections to corrupt oil corporations like BP and General Electric, including other interests in Saudi Arabia...
http://intellihub.com/2013/04/01/obama-energy...
Who is surprised?
Leosanus

Pompano Beach, FL

#882562 Apr 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know, luv, if you go from this romp to those thug fillers that follow, I think it's clear that we ain't in Surrey any more...let's go to Paris and be Frank and Ernest, or Zelda and Scott, or Ernest and Gertrude...what-ev...
babymama fake teacher be poppin out illegitimate thoughts along with illegitimate obamababies rest a country be payin for

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
leadville lou

Denver, CO

#882563 Apr 1, 2013
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE wrote:
Whites will never give up white privilege nor white supremacy as a whole? Why? Because blacks would never give up black privilge nor black supremacy as a whole if we had it. This is a sickness of the soul that permeates humanity. We will have to hit rock bottom through more intense suffering before anything worthy of God can emerge. It is useful to make people aware of the lies and injustice but there is nothing we can do to stop it at this point. The damage has been done and the karmic debts must be repaid. This is God's law.
Idiotic, ignorant white libs suffer under the delusion they would be treated equally in a black/mexican dominated society, we on the right are smart enough to know it would never happen.
white libs are sooooooo stupid
leadville lou

Denver, CO

#882564 Apr 1, 2013
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE wrote:
WAS OBAMA the US and NATO's Libyan intervention a humanitarian campaign to protect Libyans against Muammar Gaddafi’s threats of mass violence and genocide, or was it a cynically “rehearsed military expedition” to force regime change and wield Western authority in the region? Far from being an action to save lives, NATO’s “indiscriminate” bombing of civilian targets and cities such as Sirte (Gaddafi’s birthplace) resulted in genocide, ethnic cleansing, crimes against humanity, and civil war..
It was a mistake, it merely opened up another staging area for the islamofascists who hate us and wish to keep women under their cruel boot heels. At least Gadaffi had them under control.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#882565 Apr 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um, the consensus on the right appears to be: the liberals can't see the liberals coming? Care to revise that? Last chance... check...
What's a liberal's sex life got to do with it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
leadville lou

Denver, CO

#882566 Apr 1, 2013
Obama is truly scum:

Fort Hood Survivor Outraged Over DOD's Purple Heart Decision:'It's ...
nation.foxnews.com/purple-hearts/.../fort-hoo... ...
7 hours ago – On Friday, the Department of Defense revealed that no Purple Hearts would be given to victims – living or deceased – of the Fort Hood ...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#882567 Apr 1, 2013
carol wrote:
You got the dead guy and Easter eggs and I got Leo and her incredible body. A fair trade I reckon...
....maybe a fare trade, under extreme circumstances.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#882568 Apr 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya think? Maybe... who knows? But... maybe they were in love with me? Maybe... they loved being loved by a man with the gifts to do so? I've looked at women from all the angles they couldn't possibly have seen themselves from, and... they seem to like my attention? I don't understand it myself.... heheheheh, yeah, I do. I was just fuckin' with you. Want to know the meaning of life? I could tell you if you want.... it's sex, honey. Women just want men to want them and, fortunately, I do. It's not brain surgery. I have a gift, sweetie. You can do your damnedest to deny it, but, the truth is, I love women. I'm really good at it and they sense it. Fecit. Eatit.
So why do keep carrying on about smoking sausages?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#882569 Apr 1, 2013
"you"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#882570 Apr 1, 2013
Obama’s basketball skills are about as impressive as his economic skills Miss, Miss, Miss George stop moving the Hoop!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
CAROL

Orlando, FL

#882571 Apr 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know, luv, if you go from this romp to those thug fillers that follow, I think it's clear that we ain't in Surrey any more...let's go to Paris and be Frank and Ernest, or Zelda and Scott, or Ernest and Gertrude...what-ev...
You know, honey, there's only the one reason why I haven't yet...
Can I still do carol, or does that feel too androgynous for you?
I've been thinking about it and can't see how Paris fits into this dump. Any ideas?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#882572 Apr 1, 2013
If only more democrats would have shown some spine we would never have went into Iraq, unfortunetely they were more worried about their next re election campaigns.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882574 Apr 1, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
If only more democrats would have shown some spine we would never have went into Iraq, unfortunetely they were more worried about their next re election campaigns.
The GOP’s Vietnam

How Republican foreign policy lost the culture war—and a generation

America doesn’t really have a two-party system. It has a one-and-a-half-party system, where one party at a time tends to dominate the national agenda while the other becomes a half-party—one that might hold onto the House of Representatives and some state governments, but that isn’t trusted by voters to run the country.

The Republicans are America’s half-party today. This is a reversal from a generation ago, when the GOP typically held the White House—for all but four years from 1969 to 1993—and occasionally the Senate, while Democrats, despite a 40-year majority in the House of Representatives, were the party Americans deemed incompetent to govern at the national level.

The root of the GOP’s problem now is the same as that of the Democrats in 1969: the party’s reputation has been ruined by a botched, unnecessary war—Vietnam in the case of the Democrats, Iraq for the GOP.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

On 10th Anniversary, 53% in U.S. See Iraq War as Mistake
Republicans most likely to say conflict was not a mistake

Not surprisingly, given that the war was begun in the administration of a Republican, former President George W. Bush, 66% of respondents who identify as or lean Republican say the U.S. did not make a mistake in sending troops to fight in Iraq, while 30% express the contrary view. In contrast, 73% of Democratic leaners or identifiers see the military campaign as a mistake. Twenty-two percent in that group say it was not a mistake.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/161399/10th-annive...

the War belongs to the GOP.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882575 Apr 1, 2013
Reflecting on the Iraq War by Ignoring the Iraq War

Jonah Goldberg grudgingly admits that the Iraq war was a political disaster for Republicans, but then follows it up by ignoring the source of the problem:

The more interesting question is:“What do you do about it?” One answer is for the GOP to do what it’s been doing. Fight, squabble, debate and, ultimately, grope its way out of the ditch. The Republican National Committee’s recent “autopsy” had many flaws, but the impulse for introspection was not one of them.

Some didn’t need a report. Whatever the merits of his positions, one has to admire the swiftness and alacrity of Sen. Rand Paul’s positioning as a different kind of Republican.

That is as close as Goldberg can bring himself to saying that Sen. Paul’s preference for a less aggressive foreign policy might be a sensible response to the Iraq debacle, except that he doesn’t make any connection between the two. Indeed, he doesn’t consider the merits of Paul’s positions, and instead just praises him for his speed in adopting them, which doesn’t make much sense. If Paul’s positions are wrong or politically radioactive in some way, it isn’t all that admirable to be quick to adopt them. If those positions are worth adopting because they are sound and/or popular, they might deserve more than a throwaway line. Sen. Paul is one of the very few elected Republicans at the national level willing to argue that foreign policy is a liability for the party now because Republicans have embraced policies abroad that are misguided, too costly, too aggressive, and not in the national interest. His “different kind of Republican” is one that understands that the Iraq war was a blunder in principle from the start and not just something that was flawed in its execution. That’s the one thing that most Republican pundits and politicians want to avoid discussing or debating, unless it is to praise Bush for the genius of the “surge” or congratulate themselves for their steadfastness in supporting an unnecessary war.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#882576 Apr 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
How about if you just visit your shrink as leo? Keep it honest and simple, psychopath.

See. You are feeling better already!

Good night.

Pucker up!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#882577 Apr 1, 2013
leadville lou wrote:
Obama is truly scum:
Fort Hood Survivor Outraged Over DOD's Purple Heart Decision:'It's ...
nation.foxnews.com/purple-hearts/.../fort-hoo... ...
7 hours ago – On Friday, the Department of Defense revealed that no Purple Hearts would be given to victims – living or deceased – of the Fort Hood ...
DemocRATS hate patriots.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882578 Apr 1, 2013
Fox Nation attacked President Obama for attending an Easter service at a church where dozens of presidents have worshipped, claiming he had a "pastor problem" because the Easter sermon given by the church's reverend touched on politics.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/01/obama...

Fox's Beckel Admits Fox Is Only Covering Pastor's Easter Comments To Attack Obama

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/04/01/foxs...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#882579 Apr 1, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
...we would never have GONE into Iraq, UNFORTUNATELY...come on, Harmy, this shit you spread just gets looking deeper with your illiteracy...and, if memory serves, you Dumbya swallowers were accusing any thing American of being a treasonous traitor if they didn't tow the Darth Cheney line at that time. However, do me the honor of never voting for me again if you get the chance, Holmes...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#882580 Apr 1, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>...we would never have GONE into Iraq, UNFORTUNATELY...come on, Harmy, this shit you spread just gets looking deeper with your illiteracy...and, if memory serves, you Dumbya swallowers were accusing any thing American of being a treasonous traitor if they didn't tow the Darth Cheney line at that time. However, do me the honor of never voting for me again if you get the chance, Holmes...
Leo come on Iraq’s War is Clinton’s War…Right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882581 Apr 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Leo come on Iraq’s War is Clinton’s War…Right?
Can GOP Reverse the Damage Done by Iraq?

http://townhall.com/columnists/jonahgoldberg/...

it's yours. own it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Rahm Emanuel as Mayor? (Sep '12) 44 min Concern Citizen 8
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Enter 194,565
Sex For Money (Sep '12) 1 hr carlos 6
Concerned Chicago Citizen 1 hr Concern Citizen 1
Amy 7-30-15 1 hr boundary painter 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr boundary painter 6,258
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr boundary painter 8,111
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 100,268
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages