Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882433 Apr 1, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Somehow such simple concepts fly over your heads like birds flying south for the winter! I said as I chose because I am an individual, meaning I do what I want regardless of the consequences. My parents were great parents, but a beating, grounding, or confiscating my toys couldn't make me do or not do anything. Infact often makes things worse. You all are confusing disappointment & respect with fear. All 3 have their own meanings & like I said,"there is no room for fear in a heart full of love!
Well that explains why you're a liberal who only cares about what you want.

Hope you didn't resort to calling your poor parents names when they tried to instill some common sense into your "it's all about me" mentality too.
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#882434 Apr 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um, you went to England at the time of year it's rainy, wet, and miserable, huh? Can you say, "Budget travel?" Try May or June, that way you can actually go outside at Blenheim instead of just sitting in the hotel or on the bus. Friendly advice.
who said i was on holiday? you democrat morons sure do make a lot of illogical assumptions, but after all, that is why you rely on others so much to survive.
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#882435 Apr 1, 2013
NuculurNutsurpriZed wrote:
<quoted text> Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
lol!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#882436 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
The "doing a good job" part.
Try a dictionary. You can find one online by googling "dictionary."
carol

Orlando, FL

#882437 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
The "doing a good job" part.
Yeah, um, but I'd like you to be more specific now too. what, exactly, and this requires a complete understanding of federal policy, is he not doing to your satisfaction and try and avoid the sort of broad, sweeping language you people prefer. Too many vacations? Too much golf? What, exactly, are you talking about?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#882438 Apr 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Thank you Mr. President for keeping the country safe all these years, unlike Bush who had us attacked witinh his first year and involved in two wars by year 3.
But-but-but keep your fingers crossed Homer because N Korea did have that one rocket which made it the entire 75 miles to outer space.

Speaking of N Korea did you happen to see that little Busby Berkeley routine that the Generals do after young-Un gives them a pep talk?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#882441 Apr 1, 2013
Betsy wrote:
<quoted text>
Only watched a few episodes myself. The reenactment of the Jews being conquered and taken to Babylon as slaves was good and how Daniel ended up being able to return them back to their homeland.
And I know Jesus is often depicted as Caucasian, blue-eyed, mild-mannered and a cool kind of guy.
But that bothers me, so I only saw a few clips of the New Testament part of the series.
It'd be like depicting MLK as Hispanic. There's no reason to do that. Same with not depicting Jesus as a Jew.
In the printed material that the JW's leave in my mail box Jesus looks like the young Barry Gibb.

(there's a punch line waiting for someone)
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882442 Apr 1, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just mad because I stated a FACT you don't like.
FACT: Carter DID earn his Nobel prize..it was NOT just handed to him for existing.
Get over it Homer, that's reality.
And quit your LYING. You feralbrains-ALL of you can claim notoriety for LYING.
PROOF-Ask a feralbrain for road directions. It will LIE and tell you it knows exactly where it's going. Ask a feralbrain for the 411 when it does know precise measurement from point A to B, and it will LIE via ommission, and act like it doesn't.
The nature of feralbrains.
Three second vacouus rule every ten minutes or so...the wind just rustles through and they regurgitate any ol bullchit. See: your LYING arse duhmmy meth parrotbrain squawk and regurgitation feralbrain comment.
Duhmmy.
Flo did her thesis at Yale on feral rains
Waxman

Orlando, FL

#882443 Apr 1, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nucular Not Surprised is the poster boy for retarded DemocRats. Yale is so much better and produces patriots whereas the scum that drips from Harvard belongs in the third world.
Um... the "third world" is where the business is right now, Ron? Or, by "the third world" did you mean, England?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#882444 Apr 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, um, but I'd like you to be more specific now too. what, exactly, and this requires a complete understanding of federal policy, is he not doing to your satisfaction and try and avoid the sort of broad, sweeping language you people prefer. Too many vacations? Too much golf? What, exactly, are you talking about?
She's mad because he's black. That's all there is to know. That's why every breathe the President takes irritates her
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882445 Apr 1, 2013
I can't wake up, hubby! Hoe do you know when a man's dead?
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882446 Apr 1, 2013
How
WaxmanIdiot

United States

#882447 Apr 1, 2013
DCobamafool wrote:
<quoted text> being a democraticSCUM qualifies you as the ANTI-AMERICAN IDIOT YOU ARE, YOU ARE A ZERO TO THE RIGHT WASHING-DUMB. LOL
better off being a zero to the right that will give us millions in numbers, unlike a zero to the left who republicans normally are, you'll always be more than a zero to the left and to the dems. Typical wrong wing idiot.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882448 Apr 1, 2013
Stick your tongue up his ass, it's a dead giveaway.
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882449 Apr 1, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
This is fabulous, notice the expressions on the Democrat's faces.
http://forum.snipershide.com/s-2-intel-2nd-am...
There are no words to adequately describe my reaction to this video.

Whatever inspired this man to make that speech, let's hope it's contagious. In fact, let's get down on our knees and pray it is.

The voice of common sense and reason. What America is starving to hear.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#882450 Apr 1, 2013
LAMBRO: Unemployed and black in Obama’s America
Jobless rate is worse than his predecessor’s
President Obama’s failed job policies are facing bitter criticism from black Americans, whose leaders now say black unemployment has grown worse under his presidency.

After four years of holding their tongues and remaining quiet in the face of sharply rising black unemployment rates, top political leaders from the Congressional Black Caucus to the NAACP have opened fire on the White House.

Mr. Obama won 96 percent of the black vote in 2008 and about the same percentage in 2012, despite years of very high unemployment levels among black workers. At 14 percent for adults and 43.1 percent for 16- to 19-year-olds, blacks still have the highest jobless rate of any minority group in the United States.

Black leaders in Congress largely kept their complaints to themselves throughout Mr. Obama’s first term in office and during his re-election campaign. The nation’s black leadership has become a great deal more vocal lately about fewer employment opportunities and a weak, lackluster economy. They are especially unhappy with the fact that Mr. Obama has placed relatively few black officials in top-level positions in his second-term administration.

It didn’t get that much media attention, but shortly after the president was inaugurated in January, NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous went on nationwide television to condemn Mr. Obama’s weak job-creation record, charging that black Americans “are doing a full point worse” than when Mr. Obama became president.

“The country’s back to pretty much where it was when this president started,” Mr. Jealous said on “Meet the Press” Jan. 27.

OBAMA AND HIS BIGOTTED SUPPORTERS ONLY CARE ABOUT THE GAY AGENDA AND ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Betsy

Orlando, FL

#882451 Apr 1, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In the printed material that the JW's leave in my mail box Jesus looks like the young Barry Gibb.
(there's a punch line waiting for someone)
Too weird for me. I just look at those pictures and say who is that flashback hippie dressed like an ancient Jew?
carol

Orlando, FL

#882452 Apr 1, 2013
If he is dead, there'll be a "death turd" comin' your way, so, hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#882453 Apr 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Thank you Mr. President for keeping the country safe all these years, unlike Bush who had us attacked witinh his first year and involved in two wars by year 3.
There are some folks at fort hood that beg to differ.
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#882454 Apr 1, 2013
Quick question: Who is the latest Democratic senator to come out in support of affirmative action?

OK, another question: Who is the latest Republican senator to come out in support of affirmative action?

How about this one: Do any Republican senators support affirmative action?

Last question: Do you know the answer to any of the above questions?

Chances are you don't. Most of us don't. But I bet you know that Republican Sen. Rob Portman now supports same-sex marriage, spurred by his love and compassion for his openly gay son. I bet you also know that 10 Democratic senators oppose gay marriage.

The reason you know both of these facts is that same-sex marriage has become the mainstream media's civil rights cause célèbre -- even though it ultimately affects just under 4 percent of the population. To be clear, this population deserves rights and protections regardless of how few of them there may be, but not at the expense of other groups.

Though I have sensed a disparity in civil rights coverage for months in print, online and on television, I only recently tried multiple online searches to see if I was being paranoid.

I wasn't.

A search of "Affirmative action before the Supreme Court" produced just over 100 million results.(This number came up whether I tried including the year 2013 or used parentheses.) "Voting rights before the Supreme Court" netted more than 400 million results. But "Gay marriage before the Supreme Court" produced article after article after TV clip after TV clip, with just over 800 million results. "Same sex marriage before the Supreme Court" produced even more: just under 900 million results.

I have been baffled by the fact that while the Supreme Court's upcoming rulings on voting rights and affirmative action were relegated to a couple of days of nonintensive media coverage, coverage of the court's upcoming rulings on same-sex marriage has been treated as the second coming of the Brown v. Board of Education case, which literally changed America for all Americans, as opposed to the second coming of Loving v. Virginia, which the gay-marriage case more closely resembles, and which ultimately changed the lives of some Americans: those pursuing interracial relationships.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ask Amy 4-27-15 9 min Sublime1 3
Dear Abby 4-27-15 12 min Sublime1 3
abby 4-26 27 min RACE 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min PEllen 99,364
bf jealous of cats 1 hr guest 1
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 1 hr Freddy Krueger 89
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,714
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Learn to Read 187,370
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]