Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
811,601 - 811,620 of 1,101,692 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882062 Mar 31, 2013
flack wrote:
"There's an airplane up in the sky"
aeroplane.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#882063 Mar 31, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
The truth about religion is their is no dominate majority in religion, & religion is no more than organized ideology . A source of dependency & the reason for most every war since the beginning of time. Is there a almighty God? Yea! Yes there truly is, but it's not what we learn from those who were taught lies continue to further spread them. Nobody need a preacher the preach what he/she can read for themselves. No they'd rather read it to you so they can twist & conform scripture to fit their ideology & lifestyle meanwhile collecting the congregations money. So in essence, you all are paying someone to lie to you. People go to church looking for something they've had inside themselves since the day they were born. These lies go all the way back to constantine to convert the greeks into christianity. The holidays basically worshipped in America all have pagan roots. Evidenced in almost every pre existing civilization & culture. The decline of organized religion is a result of America has bitten the proverbial apple & their eyes are becoming open. Seeing the deception & unnecessaryness of religion. There is no intermediate between a person & there God. He didn't need an intermediate to speak to Moses, or anyone else. Get off the nipple & seek ye yourself!
You're off-topic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#882064 Mar 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
aeroplane.
It sounds like an ireplane to me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#882065 Mar 31, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> No one religion tops the other! Nobody is right or wrong. How can something that whole purpose is to bring out the good in people be wrong? You may not agree with some of the teachings, but who can honestly with peoples ideology from thousands of years ago. Those people just wrote & recorded the good & bad times in the area in which they lived. People should ask themselves why they feel the need to include someone else in their own personal relationship with their own personal God. And why they feel the need to title their religious ideology. Wake up people! The governing force whom we call God have us everything we needed to survive at birth. You have every element of this planet in our bodies. It's not about the holidays & celebrations or Jesus the person, but the message. Something our society seems to overlook!
So you would have no problem having a worshiper of Ba'al living next door to you? How about having them over for a cookout or playing poker?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#882066 Mar 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You're off-topic.
Okay, let me be frank! There is no Christian values or Muslim values or any other values. The concept alone is racist! To say this country was formed based on one persons values atop anothers is first false & second ignorant. I'm sure you've all seen roots. The slaves on the ships were praying to Allah. But I guess because they were slaves their religious beliefs didn't matter in the shapings of this country! That's the whole purpose of democracy. So the majority doesn't dominate & undermine the minority! On topic enuff for ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
AFF

Point Harbor, NC

#882067 Mar 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws are not just written to be equal to all races but race, creed, sexual orientation & gender.
No one said they were a race.
Your hatred for homosexuals oozes from your posts like pus rom an infected sore.
The system of coercive government that you promote in itself is the real problem.
Democracy is the modern version of "the divine right of kings": a scam designed to keep the elite in power, and rich, by getting the rubes to believe in the legitimacy of their own enslavement. Voting is the sleight-of-hand that provides an illusion of fairness for an inherently unfair system based on force and fraud.
The voting illusion hides an important truth: that using coercion against others is evil regardless of how many people may have voted for it.
Every lynch mob has a majority over its victim; Aryan Nazis outnumbered the Jews in Hitler's Germany ; whites in America outnumbered blacks when slavery was legal. "Majority rule" is a prescription for horror unless every person has the same clear and basic rights as every other, yet the natural tendency is for individual rights to be eroded as special interests push for ever-more encroachment on others.
America's created a republic instead of a pure democracy in order to ensure that most areas of life would be untouchable by the electorate, by the politicians, and by special interests. That was the idea, at least: create specific, limited, clearly-defined areas where government could operate, with everything else forbidden to government. The people themselves insisted on adding a Bill of Rights to strengthen this protection. Even with the government structured as a limited republic and with the Bill of Rights added, things eventually got out of hand, to a horrifying extent.
The basic principle here is that government power gets co-opted by special interests, even though the power in question is supposedly being used to protect all citizensí liberty. Here is an obvious and example: You are a slave. There is unrest among the slaves, and to calm things down, your masters, confident that most slaves have been propagandized into fearing freedom, decide to hold a vote.
Please vote for one of the following, or abstain:
- Keep me enslaved.
- Release me from bondage.
Go ahead vote.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#882068 Mar 31, 2013
Sonic,
You are one of the biggest goons on this forum.
You make yourself look like a fool every day with your cut 'n paste propaganda
carol

Orlando, FL

#882069 Mar 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
by "their creator"
If you are a Muslim, Hindi, Buddhist etc, your creator is not the same as the Christian creator.
Those words were likely chosen to be inclusive of other religions.
Don't think the forefather envisioned Allah or Buddha in the founding documents before America became a melting pot.

Freedom and self-government was a concept thought possible only if people were governed by a higher source.

People were up until then controlled by government.

Happy Easter, RealDave.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882070 Mar 31, 2013
loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
a fool making fools look like fools?

i can live with that.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#882071 Mar 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So you would have no problem having a worshiper of Ba'al living next door to you? How about having them over for a cookout or playing poker?
Does Baal even exist in other religions? Did Baal even exist in the old testament (Torah)? You have good & bad in you. Hence my skin is my sin. I wouldn't give 2 shits what my neighbors religious preference is. I don't have to associate with them in the least bit, but if we were to go off of what you & I know about Baal, he self proclaims to be evil, opposite of the whole purpose of religion so your rebuttal is mute. As I stated," its not the object or messenger we should focus on, but the message!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882072 Mar 31, 2013
JESUS KINGS OF KINGS wrote:
Welcome
Christ Is Risen!
Um, no... nope. No he's not. Sor-ree, false alarm... still dead just like before... maybe a little deader? Turns out Jesus is a Cuban name and I finally figured out what was meant by the res-erection. You cannot KNOCK these people down!(Sing Hallelujah!) Jesus and I have spent all morning in the new rocker exploring the religion of LOVE! Hi kids, miss me?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#882073 Mar 31, 2013
Maybe you need to quit putting your foot in your mouth with stupid insults.

The 'Haw-vard' thing really shows your sense of inferiority.

To attack Obama with the same school Rmoney and Bush attended was just plain stupid.

Bet it never occurred to you when you were doing it.

I enjoy your dumb outbursts.'Specially when they backfire on you.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you need to lighten' up a bit?
O'Reilly went to Harvard too.

Location hidden

#882074 Mar 31, 2013
If yo have nothing to discuss, go change some bedpans, jerk!!
loose cannon wrote:
Sonic,
carol

Orlando, FL

#882075 Mar 31, 2013
"Nailed all my sins to the cross???" The Italians supposedly did this? Have you ever seen those people? Pasta barons, sure. Masons sometimes, but carpentry? I see the dear Lord left you one sin, huh? The sin of ignorance... oh, and greed too, I guess... sloth... war, pestilence, famine, whoredom in carol's case... So, um, which sins did the Guineas allegedly nail up there cause it looks like you've still got the whole contingent?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882076 Mar 31, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think the forefather envisioned Allah or Buddha in the founding documents before America became a melting pot.
Freedom and self-government was a concept thought possible only if people were governed by a higher source.
People were up until then controlled by government.
Happy Easter, RealDave.
The higher source is one and the same.

now try to find something to dispute that that isn't biased.

Location hidden

#882078 Mar 31, 2013
"You're quite sure", based on what??

Your usual wishful thinking and adoration of the Alzheimers patient??

Or did you see part of Terri Schiavo in Reagan?? The brain dead part??
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan actually had a lot of input into his speeches. But his quips and wit were from the hip, I'm quite sure.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#882079 Mar 31, 2013
AFF wrote:
<quoted text>
The system of coercive government that you promote in itself is the real problem.
Democracy is the modern version of "the divine right of kings": a scam designed to keep the elite in power, and rich, by getting the rubes to believe in the legitimacy of their own enslavement. Voting is the sleight-of-hand that provides an illusion of fairness for an inherently unfair system based on force and fraud.
The voting illusion hides an important truth: that using coercion against others is evil regardless of how many people may have voted for it.
Every lynch mob has a majority over its victim; Aryan Nazis outnumbered the Jews in Hitler's Germany ; whites in America outnumbered blacks when slavery was legal. "Majority rule" is a prescription for horror unless every person has the same clear and basic rights as every other, yet the natural tendency is for individual rights to be eroded as special interests push for ever-more encroachment on others.
America's created a republic instead of a pure democracy in order to ensure that most areas of life would be untouchable by the electorate, by the politicians, and by special interests. That was the idea, at least: create specific, limited, clearly-defined areas where government could operate, with everything else forbidden to government. The people themselves insisted on adding a Bill of Rights to strengthen this protection. Even with the government structured as a limited republic and with the Bill of Rights added, things eventually got out of hand, to a horrifying extent.
The basic principle here is that government power gets co-opted by special interests, even though the power in question is supposedly being used to protect all citizensí liberty. Here is an obvious and example: You are a slave. There is unrest among the slaves, and to calm things down, your masters, confident that most slaves have been propagandized into fearing freedom, decide to hold a vote.
Please vote for one of the following, or abstain:
- Keep me enslaved.
- Release me from bondage.
Go ahead vote.
So how is advocating for gay marriage promoting coercive government?

You're the ones telling people they can't marry.

Which party panders to the wealthy? Republicans.

Location hidden

#882080 Mar 31, 2013
Having a little breakdown there, Ed??

Who are you addressing in your post? You seem confused again. Forget your meds??

Give it up, oldtimer. That was a crazy screed, even for you.
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nutsucker"
You are a sicko!!! Sorry "silly". You get your lovin' on Topix? Well at least you are happy? Satisfied? Doubtful.
Peace
KMA

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#882081 Mar 31, 2013
AFF wrote:
<quoted text>
Check you facts Lamo. You may want to read the post if you can.
You're Hitler argument has been debunked over & over.
carol

Orlando, FL

#882082 Mar 31, 2013
Well, there's that thorny (pardon the easter pun) genocide issue again, isn't it. "America's "real" God was called various things by "the Founders," Great Spirit, Buffalo Woman, various foody names, and she wasn't Jewish either. The blind spot christians wrestle with, and they tried hard to deal with it during the Imperial phase by simply marking time itself in the West from the supposed creation of their silly myth, is that they were literally millions of people in all the places they "founded" thousands of years before they arrived and slaughtered them. It seems to me you're on pretty shaky ground when you bring up the supposed theological underpinnings of a few dozen white guys who helped steal the land and the truth from the actual owners.

You remember the beads for Manhattan story, right? It's in alllll the "history" books. It's there as an example of what a good deal looks like, like my new rocking chair, for instance. It's the forula for "success" in a christian nation so it's taught to 1st graders. That's all christianity is, a good deal. You can be a total asshole, killer, ignorant clown right up til the last moment and then, "poof," you're good to go, fool!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Sublime1 97,984
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 11 min JonahI 49,515
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,531
CHICAGO: 5-Dead, 42-Wounded In the 2014 Labor D... 1 hr YOUNG BLACK KILLERS 1
Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs (Jun '09) 2 hr OPERATION BID RIG 109,598
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 46,382
Abby 9-2 3 hr Pippa 11
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info