Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,579)

Showing posts 811,561 - 811,580 of1,071,138
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881968
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

10

10

10

carol wrote:
Okay, I've waited 30 minutes for Realtime and nuc to share their impressions of that film.
They must be in the process of posting an exceptionally long and interesting understanding of what their impressions were. Or they forgot.
But it can be found here if anyone wants to know.
http://movieagent.org.hostlogr.com/
(Jerusalem: Center of the World)
I've waited for thirty minutes for you to explain which Israeli's and who they were ahead of.

BTW it was a good documentary as are most of Goldberg's, fairly accurate, somewhat embellished and edited for time, nothing earth shattering.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881969
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

10

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love Reagan. Just because he said things like that.
No you gotta love him because he gave us 25 yrs. of Prosperity not 5 yrs. of H*LL!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881970
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

11

If you pick on Jim Carrey, you can expect a stern mocking. That's what Fox News -- or as Carrey says, "Fux News" -- is finding out.

On Friday (March 29), Carrey issued a statement in response to the conservative news network's coverage of his Funny or Die video. The anti-NRA stance of "Cold Dead Hand" and Carrey himself have both been ridiculed throughout the week.

Now, Jim Carrey is ready to fire back.

On Monday (March 25), Carrey (singing with a back-up band called the Clutterbusters, apparently made up of Gandhi, John Lennon and Abraham Lincoln) released the "Cold Dead Hand" video. The song made fun of anti-gun control stances in general and Charlton Heston (a former president of the NRA and the source of the quote used in the song's title) in particular. Obviously, a lot of people were going to get mad.

As the most prominent source of the anger, so Carrey's response is directed at Fox News. You can read the full statement below:

Since I released my "Cold Dead Hand" video on Funny or Die this week, I have watched Fux News rant, rave, bare its fangs and viciously slander me because of my stand against large magazines and assault rifles. I would take them to task legally if I felt they were worth my time or that anyone with a brain in their head could actually fall for such irresponsible buffoonery. That would gain them far too much attention which is all they really care about.

I'll just say this: in my opinion Fux News is a last resort for kinda-sorta-almost-journalists whose options have been severely limited by their extreme and intolerant views; a media colostomy bag that has begun to burst at the seams and should be emptied before it becomes a public health issue.

I sincerely believe that in time, good people will lose patience with the petty and poisonous behavior of these bullies and Fux News will be remembered as nothing more than a giant culture fart that no amount of Garlique could cure.

I wish them all the luck that accompanies such malevolence.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/03/jim-car...

the video is hilarious. go watch.

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/your-c...
Stoneman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881971
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

10

It's been four years since the unemployment rate was below 7.5%. Remember when 6.3% was "the worst economy since the Great Depression"? Nobody seems concerned, 7.9% unemployment is the New Normal.

It's been four years since the price of a gallon of gasoline was below $3.00. Remember Princess Pelosi screeching about how Bush was profiteering over the few months it was high during his administration? Nobody seems concerned,$3.75/gallon is the New Normal.

It's been four years since the economic growth rate was above 2%. Remember 8% during the Reagan administration? Nobody seems concerned, 0.4% economic growth is the New Normal.

France has had unemployment in double digits for decades. Many of the socialist countries in Western Europe are accustomed to growth that barely registers in the black. Greece, Spain, Portugal, all of them are collapsing under the weight of a parasitic welfare society.

And what are we doing? Reelecting a guy that promises to do exactly the same stuff that got Western Europe into their condition.

And because our major media loves a cool black guy who can play basketball and chicks dig, we just get used to the New Normal.
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881972
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

10

10

10

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Right about my swallowing Waxturds!! I had a flight to Heathrow 5747 and I have a $8 / month vpn service, because I'm a huge Waxtard. I'm in the UK right now!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881973
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

11

10

10

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol… I think Ronald Reagan was spot on when he said “It’s not that liberals aren’t smart, it’s just that so much of what they know isn’t so.”
I'd say that sums up more of a right wing ideology than a liberal. A liberal accepts science, a right wing purest only accepts the science of where the next oil well might be and if it is going to rain today. A liberal cares for their fellow man, a right wing purest only cares for what can reward them now or later. A liberal believes in the wealth of a national park is in its natural beauty to be reserved for all generations. A right wing purest believes in mining those parks to gain wealth. I could go on and on but regardless of whether one is Harvad educated or not who would really be considered the wiser of the two?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881974
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

11

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta love Reagan. Just because he said things like that.
Gotta love Peggy Noonan and Peter Robinson among others for writing all those things Reagan said eh?
Waxman

Leamington Spa, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881975
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

10

NuculurNutsurpriZed wrote:
<quoted text> Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
nuculoon is defenitely nut surprized. i had someone just like nut surprized shine my shoes in London today.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881976
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

10

10

10

carol wrote:
Watched another great documentary last night. If anyone is truly interested in learning the entire history of the Muslim/Jewish/Christian conflict in Israel, search and watch, "Jeruselem: The Center of the World". PBS channel.
For any of you truth seekers out there, I mean.
Leaves no question in anyone's mind about the present day conflict.
Also makes our own history look like a cameo part on the stage of world history.
PBS airs some good stuff!!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881977
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

11

11

11

Stoneman wrote:
It's been four years since the unemployment rate was below 7.5%. Remember when 6.3% was "the worst economy since the Great Depression"? Nobody seems concerned, 7.9% unemployment is the New Normal.
It's been four years since the price of a gallon of gasoline was below $3.00. Remember Princess Pelosi screeching about how Bush was profiteering over the few months it was high during his administration? Nobody seems concerned,$3.75/gallon is the New Normal.
It's been four years since the economic growth rate was above 2%. Remember 8% during the Reagan administration? Nobody seems concerned, 0.4% economic growth is the New Normal.
France has had unemployment in double digits for decades. Many of the socialist countries in Western Europe are accustomed to growth that barely registers in the black. Greece, Spain, Portugal, all of them are collapsing under the weight of a parasitic welfare society.
And what are we doing? Reelecting a guy that promises to do exactly the same stuff that got Western Europe into their condition.
And because our major media loves a cool black guy who can play basketball and chicks dig, we just get used to the New Normal.
4 years ago, we were still sliding downhill into the abyss from the Bush administration.

The Stimulus bill was starting to reduce the mothy job losses. Our eonomy was moving from negative growth & heading toward positive growth.

Funny how the right clings to low gasoline prices the end of 2008 as some sort of prize totally ignoring the fact that they got there from over $4/gal by destroying the economy so bad to reduce demand,driving own prices.

Funny how Stoneman left out the Bush recession part.

I guess Stoneman longs for the good old days of doubling the debt, running wars off budget, passing legislation without paying for it, passing out unfunded tax cuts, deregulation of all street leading to the near financial collapse.

Stoneman wants to turn on the TV to see the President say that we need 750 billion within two weeks to give to Wall Street or our financial system will collapse,.

Wow, you mis those days, Stoneman?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881978
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
No you gotta love him because he gave us 25 yrs. of Prosperity not 5 yrs. of H*LL!!
The economy WAS robust. Springs on feet required--for those who had NO problemo WORKING and earning it anyway!!!

Little more tightened up on the belts of the grubbermint givvermint programs then too.

How DID the masses ever manage w/out alll the (UNearned) givverment handout stuff we see these days?
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881979
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
nuculoon is defenitely nut surprized. i had someone just like nut surprized shine my shoes in London today.
Probably by tongue
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881980
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

10

10

9

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
4 years ago, we were still sliding downhill into the abyss from the Bush administration.
The Stimulus bill was starting to reduce the mothy job losses. Our eonomy was moving from negative growth & heading toward positive growth.
Funny how the right clings to low gasoline prices the end of 2008 as some sort of prize totally ignoring the fact that they got there from over $4/gal by destroying the economy so bad to reduce demand,driving own prices.
Funny how Stoneman left out the Bush recession part.
I guess Stoneman longs for the good old days of doubling the debt, running wars off budget, passing legislation without paying for it, passing out unfunded tax cuts, deregulation of all street leading to the near financial collapse.
Stoneman wants to turn on the TV to see the President say that we need 750 billion within two weeks to give to Wall Street or our financial system will collapse,.
Wow, you mis those days, Stoneman?
Do you ever NOT wahwahwahwhine about Bush, for just ONE day?

Just ONE day, whiney "Buh-ush did it, it all Buh-ushes fault" Duh A Vey.

Duhmmy-head-stuck-in-whineduhm treehumper.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881981
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
nuculoon is defenitely nut surprized. i had someone just like nut surprized shine my shoes in London today.
You better check yer pockets for brittle, dried up cockroaches then too lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881982
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol you just lit a Fire just waiting for some Liberal to post a ‘ Haw-vard ‘study, you know Left verse Right!!
How many raindrops fall up the noses per minute in a herd pack of "Haw-vard" Massholio type politico partisan jackboots standing out in it, sans umbrellas?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881983
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

Go YALE lol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881984
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but Haw-vard elitists think there's only left and the only thing that's right are themselves believing that.
Sounds a little uppity and self-absorbed to me. You?
lol
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881985
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What part of Two Cats Productions did you not get Carol?
What makes you think I didn't see it?
Did you?

They have some good docs on a couple weeks of life in hanging out with the Taliban too...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881986
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

9

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
4 years ago, we were still sliding downhill into the abyss from the Bush administration.
The Stimulus bill was starting to reduce the mothy job losses. Our eonomy was moving from negative growth & heading toward positive growth.
Funny how the right clings to low gasoline prices the end of 2008 as some sort of prize totally ignoring the fact that they got there from over $4/gal by destroying the economy so bad to reduce demand,driving own prices.
Funny how Stoneman left out the Bush recession part.
I guess Stoneman longs for the good old days of doubling the debt, running wars off budget, passing legislation without paying for it, passing out unfunded tax cuts, deregulation of all street leading to the near financial collapse.
Stoneman wants to turn on the TV to see the President say that we need 750 billion within two weeks to give to Wall Street or our financial system will collapse,.
Wow, you mis those days, Stoneman?
Nah, he just hates black folk and 1/2 black folks. And brown folk, yellow folk, red folk, furriners and anyone who talks funny.
WhatFeralsdweamu f

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#881987
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

dreamwords: Who wants a fwee kegger?

Reality:

Git it YOU selves!

Happy Easter!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 811,561 - 811,580 of1,071,138
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-9 42 min NWmoon 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min LRS 173,496
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 1 hr Lynn 13
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 245
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,572
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,487
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,086
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 97,408
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••