Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,574)

Showing posts 811,461 - 811,480 of1,078,416
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
World Champion

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Suh? Snorglats ronisants kiebertz?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Well,that identifies the nut, now... about the pee..
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

So, um, you vote against yourself? That's your answer, clown? Hahahahahahahhahah, do they know what you do? You useless immigrant bitch.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

chinee, huh?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

I used to kill Asians. My government paid me to do it. They'd dance out there at 1000 yards thinking they were invincible... but not so. I like to think I was just thinning the herd. At least I get benefits.. so far... maybe I shot your brother?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

I used to shoot the slants in the bslls. The VC called me El Cahones. Don't you miss the old days? Slut.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

You remember me don't you? I used a Weatherby 457. When I shot your brother. His balls literally exploded. And that was an unjackeded round. I used to practice killing Asians by shooting slabs of cement against the levees in Illinois next to the Mississippi so when I shot your brother I kinda knew what was gonna happen. Welcome to America. Slut.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Your turn
For Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Who said all libs are uneducated you MORON?
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the LIV;s, the uneducated, the typical dem voters will get left even farther behind

[QUOTEwho="leadville Lou"]<quoted text> The vast majority of those who succeed on their own turn into republicans.
and into hypocrite perverts.
For Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:

You'd be a propagandist, but you're not smart enough.
You're just an idiot.

<quoted text>
he didn't have to go to school to be one either.
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>you can't say Easter in a public place or have a nativity scene at the mall--that is offensive and church and state must be kept separate--unless it is publicly funded Muslim footbaths (for gasp...religious reasons).
HEY STUPID! You can say Easter anyplace you want. Malls are privately owned properties and if a mall owner decided to put up a Nativity scene they could but why would they? Mall owner are into making money on their space not promoting a particular religion. They do however set up booths for photos with Santa and the Easter Bunny. That's right nitwit, there's a big sign promoting the Easter Bunny. There's also many stores like Hallmark that sell Nativity scenes.
How many public schools are open on Christmas moron? My wife works for a public school and got Good Friday off along with everyone else there. It would seem that Christians get far more accommodation than any other religion.
You're an idiot and an ignorant bigot Jane!
PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ward Churchill and you need to look at the source. Placing blame on anyone or anything but the source of those mass graves, mass genocide and chemical weapons used on women and children is both narrow-mindedly simplistic and disturbingly complacent.
The atrocities committed against women and children in Islamic countries should be enough for you bleeding heart liberals to sit up and take notice. But ideology is more important than human rights when it comes to preserving your anti-American propaganda.
Democrats and the UN knew Saddam had WMDs. Post 9/11, he became an imminent threat.
Maybe if Saddam had been left alone to unleash his biological and chemical weapons on us and the rest of the world, Mr. Churchill would have something else to write about.
Frankly, his kind of "intelligent short-sightedness" is more like just plain biased ignorance.
You keep harping on this Carol conveniently forgetting that Saddam's use of gas against the Kurds took place under the Reagan administration and was largely ignored because he was out ally. He didn't have any WMD liar, the Iraq Survey Group came to that conclusion in 2004.
news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_eas t/3718150.stm
Our invasion of that country unleashed sectarian violence including that against Christians and allowed Al Qaeda to operate freely in a place where they previously had no presence. Just how many suicide bombings were there in Iraq before we invaded stupid?
Ten years later there are increasing reports of birth defects in Iraq due to our use of depleted Uranium munitions.
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Birth-defects-Falluja... ...
There's also the fact that Iran now has access to Iraqi airspace to supply the Assad regime init's war against its own people.
You're an idiot Carol.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID! You can say Easter anyplace you want. Malls are privately owned properties and if a mall owner decided to put up a Nativity scene they could but why would they? Mall owner are into making money on their space not promoting a particular religion. They do however set up booths for photos with Santa and the Easter Bunny. That's right nitwit, there's a big sign promoting the Easter Bunny. There's also many stores like Hallmark that sell Nativity scenes.
How many public schools are open on Christmas moron? My wife works for a public school and got Good Friday off along with everyone else there. It would seem that Christians get far more accommodation than any other religion.
My mother use to tell me,"talking to you is like talking to a wall." With these entitlement mentality folks, Inow realize what she was talking about. All they know is Muslim this, Muslim that when for centuries they've been trying to force their religion on Americas populace. Under the guise of what religion the"forefathers "were & what religion this country was"founded "on. I state this all the time. It's makes me laugh at all so called well off people, at least that's what they say, but they're the ones doing all the crying on this thread. Whether Obama wears boxers or briefs, his daughters vacation spots, birth certificate, blah blah blah! These people whine more than a vineyard!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well__what about receiving a little head in the great state-err-Commonwealth of Virginia?
Thirty years ago lesbians were out or coming out the closet, there were lesbo clubs, no one gave a flying fk. It was gay men that changed the dynamics. You live in a Navy town fer krisakes, you should understand the subject so to speak__inside and out.
You see they just cannot comprehend what they read. It has to be a genetic trait. It can't be coincidence.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It is a Class 3 misdemeanor in Virginia to perform oral sex on anyone by anyone including your wife. Yeah well 30 years ago would you have thought gay marriage would be a major issue of a presidential election? I doubt it.
Here's your original jibberish err post Flacko, I was just joshing__when was the last person convicted of that antique Commonwealth law?

Who gives a sht?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Here's your original jibberish err post Flacko, I was just joshing__when was the last person convicted of that antique Commonwealth law?
Who gives a sht?
Obviously you do.2825

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

PDUPONT

Holyoke, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> What the hell? Why in the world would a doctor talk about gun safety with a patient unless they are friends who hunt or shoot together. You people are going NUTS!!!
For one thing moron, if that patient is a woman who's in an abusive relationship the presence of a gun in the home would be important information.
You're an idiot!
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
It may appear that we accommodate Christians in this country, probley because we are a Christian country.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

Yes, Mitch McConnell is destroying the Senate

I recommend a solid New York Times editorial today about the unprecedented, outrageous obstruction by Republican senators against President Obamaís nominees, especially his executive branch nominees.

Itís critically important to give this story as much attention as it deserves ó which is quite a lot. Just the names alone: Hagel, Brennan, McCarthy, Perez, Cordray ... and thatís only the ones from this term whom the Times mentions. Remember, however, that every single nomination is being subjected to a 60-vote requirement. Thatís a filibuster, and it means that every single nominee is being filibustered. The only question is how many Republicans will support the filibuster, not whether there is one. And as the Times points out, there are additional forms of obstruction, too, whether itís Sen. Rand Paulís day-long speech, or asking the nominees to answering never-ending extraneous questions.

Iíve been harsh to Obama and Senate Democrats for not fighting back hard enough, but the main problem here is the Republicans in general, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell specifically.

Remember, a lot of this is simply grandstanding. Oh, yes, some of it is intended to really change policy ó the nullification involved in the Cordray filibuster, for example ó but most of it is just showing the flag. Never mind that it harms the nation by making it harder for government departments and agencies to function well. Or, for some Senate Republicans, maybe a poorly functioning government is a bonus.

The worst part is that it will ultimately make it impossible for the Senate to use the nomination process for legitimate attempts to influence policy, either through raising issues (as Rand Paul did) or bargaining over a state interest (as Sen. Roy Blunt is doing on the McCarthy nomination). Thereís just no way to know which of these obstructions are real and which are simply excuses for obstruction-for-the-sake-of-ob struction, and so the majority has to shut them all down by cloture whenever possible. In other words, endless filibusters and other obstruction arenít just bad for the government, but theyíre bad for the Senate.

The bottom line: Democrats would be fully justified in moving to majority-imposed rules reform on executive-branch nominations. The best solution would be simple majority cloture ó preserving the right of individual senators to slow things down a bit, but making it easy for the majority to act when it wants. But one way or another, it has to end.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 811,461 - 811,480 of1,078,416
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Amy 7-23 18 min Toj 5
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min voice of peace 67,871
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min PEllen 97,513
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min loose cannon 174,462
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min gottondas 68,361
Abby 7-23 2 hr RACE 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Terry rigsby 48,837
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 3:16AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE