Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#882085 Mar 31, 2013
In the same way that "America" is not a "christian" country, neither is this thread a "christian" thread. IT IS A POLITICAL THREAD, SEE THE TITLE? So let's change the tone a little, shall we? Welcome to, "Thank god the guineas killed that goddam jew, imagine what a pain in the ass he would've been if left alive." And then act accordingly.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#882086 Mar 31, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The higher source is one and the same.
now try to find something to dispute that that isn't biased.
When pigs fly, maybe?

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#882087 Mar 31, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
But was America founded on Christian principles? Just read the first words of the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
From the beginning, America's founders accepted the reality that basic rights were inseparable from human beings and they recognized that those inalienable rights were not given by government nor acquired by force, but that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are the gifts of the Creator.
In 1844, the Court said, "Christianity is part of our common law."
In 1892, the Supreme Court said this: "No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national because this is a religious people. This is historically true."
In 1930, the U.S. Supreme Court said this: "We are a Christian people, according to our motto."
In 1952, the U.S. Supreme Court said, "We are a religious people whose institutions presuppose a Supreme Being.
The question isn't - Was America founded on Christian principles? The question is - what world view has given birth to and sustained America? The answer to that question is simple: Christianity.
http://www.aproundtable.org/issues.cfm...
Treaty of Tripoli

Article 11 reads:

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Muslim] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripol...
carol

Orlando, FL

#882088 Mar 31, 2013
"Hey, Jesus, here's fifteen dollars, go get us some mango muffins and double espressos would you? No, "I'm not the boss of you" but my boss is.... What? NO! I don't work for Castro, don't be silly!... No, really, I'll shoot you if you don't go get coffee..."

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#882089 Mar 31, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, let me be frank! There is no Christian values or Muslim values or any other values. The concept alone is racist! To say this country was formed based on one persons values atop anothers is first false & second ignorant. I'm sure you've all seen roots. The slaves on the ships were praying to Allah. But I guess because they were slaves their religious beliefs didn't matter in the shapings of this country! That's the whole purpose of democracy. So the majority doesn't dominate & undermine the minority! On topic enuff for ?
No, it isn't racist. You can't change your race and nobody is "born" a Christian or Muslim.

I'm a minority now and I won't hold my breath waiting for the new majority to show me the same compassion that my peers have shown them.
Great American Patriots

Chester, VA

#882091 Mar 31, 2013
As sheriffs across the nation signal opposition to enforcing additional federal gun regulations, the Utah Sheriffs' Association sent a letter to President Obama assuring him that its members similarly will not comply.

The letters insists that the rights of Utah citizens trump any new gun control measure that Congress might pass, and sheriffs in Utah are prepared to trade their lives in defense of their constituents' right to keep and bear arms.

The letter, signed by 28 of Utah's 29 sheriffs, sternly rejects the citation of recent tragedies as Congress's rationale for expanded gun regulations:

With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect from all kinds of illegality.[original emphasis]

...as the duly elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend on our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights--in particularly Amendment II--has given them. We, like you [Mr. President], swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.

Rich County Sheriff Dale Stacey was among the 28 signatories on the letter, and on March 27 he spoke to Breitbart News:

The Sandy Hook shooting was terrible and we, in law enforcement, work to stop those kinds of things from happening. But taking guns from honest people isn't going to fix anything. The criminals will keep their guns, and regardless of what the law says criminals will always have guns.

I've owned a gun for 40 years and I've never committed a crime with it. What good can be done by taking it away from me?

We believe that if we do not uphold the oaths we have taken as Sheriffs we will gradually lose all our rights.

In recent legislative talks, a ban on so-called "assault weapons" from Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) did not make it out of committee. It is expected to receive a separate vote as an amendment to as-yet-unseen gun control legislation from Senate Democrats.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#882092 Mar 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So how is advocating for gay marriage promoting coercive government?
You're the ones telling people they can't marry.
Which party panders to the wealthy? Republicans.
Yeah, right. That must be the reason Obama broke the record of being the quickest POTUS ever to provide corporate welfare after his election to office. I've never seen a president so quick to break so many campaign promises.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#882093 Mar 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Do ya right whiners EVER quit blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
Whenever you freaking bozos quit doing that, I'll quit reminding you.
Davey Boie, when you start blaming Barney(My Boie Lollipop)Frank, for the S & L debacle which was the major cause of the recession, I'll quit calling you on it...

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#882094 Mar 31, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Does Baal even exist in other religions? Did Baal even exist in the old testament (Torah)? You have good & bad in you. Hence my skin is my sin. I wouldn't give 2 shits what my neighbors religious preference is. I don't have to associate with them in the least bit, but if we were to go off of what you & I know about Baal, he self proclaims to be evil, opposite of the whole purpose of religion so your rebuttal is mute. As I stated," its not the object or messenger we should focus on, but the message!
The Carthaginian followers of Ba'al sacrificed their children by throwing them into fire.(2 Kings 10:27-28)

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal" ;

But I suspect the smell of flesh burnt at an altar wouldn't bother you any more than the stench coming from an abortion clinic's incinerator.

YOUR "message" is nothing more than gibberish.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#882095 Mar 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
"You're quite sure", based on what??
Your usual wishful thinking and adoration of the Alzheimers patient??
Or did you see part of Terri Schiavo in Reagan?? The brain dead part??
<quoted text>
Nuculur What a cheap shot!! But Reagan did produce 25 yrs. of Economic growth using only a Third of his Brain Power while Obama at Full Throttle has produce Historic Debt/Deficit!! So how many Liberals does it take to screw in a Light Bulb?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#882096 Mar 31, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Hello again my friends!!! Good Morning and a Happy Easter to all!!! We have just completed an Easter Egg hunt here at the institution and I won!!(cheating, as usual) But I WON none the less!!!
I may not have much time today to judge everyone's posts as we have many holiday festivities here on the psych ward!
Anyhow, as you all can see I have been up all night maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using my sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!!
I will be on board part of today (due to Easter festivities) making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole pupose being to harass the legitimate posters who use this forum.
I will also be juding your posts all day.
I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets ( No Surprize, my favorite, is with me now) so get ready for an all out Easter judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. Just remember, double up on the depends!!!!
I try and eat foods that are constipating to give me that extra edge I need for marathon judging competitions.(my secret is cheese and double strength depends,(hardboiled eggs today as well!!!) try it!!!
Most sincerely, Waxman!!
And boys, phone numbers please!!
Call me! ;)
A quick reminder!!!!!!!!
I run scripts when judging as they allow me a huge advantage when it comes to judging the posts! I realize it's cheating but it makes me feel so much better about our team losing the election!! The judgits to me are like a consolation prize when I think about how badly our Teabagging friends are doing right now. I delude myself with them and try to convince myself we are winning!!! Join me!!
I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!! PLEASE join me!
Hugs, Waxman!
Two words; bean pie.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#882097 Mar 31, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur What a cheap shot!! But Reagan did produce 25 yrs. of Economic growth using only a Third of his Brain Power while Obama at Full Throttle has produce Historic Debt/Deficit!! So how many Liberals does it take to screw in a Light Bulb?
"One to hold the bulb, and two to turn the ladder"..
TSM

El Paso, TX

#882098 Mar 31, 2013
Since Haw-vard leans Hard Left there was a study done to find out what is the definition of’ gross ignorance,’ the finding and the answer was not surprising … 144 Democrats!!

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#882099 Mar 31, 2013
Great American Patriots wrote:
As sheriffs across the nation signal opposition to enforcing additional federal gun regulations, the Utah Sheriffs' Association sent a letter to President Obama assuring him that its members similarly will not comply.
The letters insists that the rights of Utah citizens trump any new gun control measure that Congress might pass, and sheriffs in Utah are prepared to trade their lives in defense of their constituents' right to keep and bear arms.
The letter, signed by 28 of Utah's 29 sheriffs, sternly rejects the citation of recent tragedies as Congress's rationale for expanded gun regulations:
With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect from all kinds of illegality.[original emphasis]
...as the duly elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend on our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights--in particularly Amendment II--has given them. We, like you [Mr. President], swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.
Rich County Sheriff Dale Stacey was among the 28 signatories on the letter, and on March 27 he spoke to Breitbart News:
The Sandy Hook shooting was terrible and we, in law enforcement, work to stop those kinds of things from happening. But taking guns from honest people isn't going to fix anything. The criminals will keep their guns, and regardless of what the law says criminals will always have guns.
I've owned a gun for 40 years and I've never committed a crime with it. What good can be done by taking it away from me?
We believe that if we do not uphold the oaths we have taken as Sheriffs we will gradually lose all our rights.
In recent legislative talks, a ban on so-called "assault weapons" from Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) did not make it out of committee. It is expected to receive a separate vote as an amendment to as-yet-unseen gun control legislation from Senate Democrats.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Blah Blah Blah No one s taking guns away from anyone in any of the proposed legislation.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#882100 Mar 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The Carthaginian followers of Ba'al sacrificed their children by throwing them into fire.(2 Kings 10:27-28)
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal" ;
But I suspect the smell of flesh burnt at an altar wouldn't bother you any more than the stench coming from an abortion clinic's incinerator.
YOUR "message" is nothing more than gibberish.
May sound like gibberish to someone speaking a language from over 2,000 years ago. Now who sounds like they're delusional, you or me? You people seem to have a problem looking to the past to solve the problems of today, when looking to the past only leaves you there when looking for that reason. The pussy its no more than a reminder of what not to do. People of those days thought shooting stars were God, & that eclipse were times of judgment so they sacrificed people in the name of God. These are the people you look to for guidance? Somehow you peoples minds skip right over the teachings of the Bible to gnostic babble to conform the teachings to fit your ideology. The world has gotten more sophisticated, yet your minds remain primitive. Baal worshipers throwing babies into fire pits. Are you serious?

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#882101 Mar 31, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Davey Boie, when you start blaming Barney(My Boie Lollipop)Frank, for the S & L debacle which was the major cause of the recession, I'll quit calling you on it...
Look,yet another right whiner bigot.

No surprise there.

So, how did Barnet Frank do all f this from minority position in the House?

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#882102 Mar 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, right. That must be the reason Obama broke the record of being the quickest POTUS ever to provide corporate welfare after his election to office. I've never seen a president so quick to break so many campaign promises.


What corporate welfare was that?

You obviously were blind your entire life until Jan of 2009. Blind to Bush's lies. Blind to Republican spending, blind to Republican doubling the debt, etc etc
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#882103 Mar 31, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No, it isn't racist. You can't change your race and nobody is "born" a Christian or Muslim.
I'm a minority now and I won't hold my breath waiting for the new majority to show me the same compassion that my peers have shown them.
I agree, you shouldn't, but you also shouldn't go thru life viewing things thru negative lenses. Everybody's intentions aren't bad & to do so only robs you of the basis in which this country was suppose to be founded on, FREEDOM!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#882104 Mar 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Our laws are not just written to be equal to all races but race, creed, sexual orientation & gender.
No one said they were a race.
Your hatred for homosexuals oozes from your posts like pus rom an infected sore.
davey boy you're wrong again.I don't hate these people , I hate the disease and those who wish to force the actions of the mentaly ill as a normal lifestyle onto society.. we Americans used to teach our children right from wrong reguardless of how offensive the truth was,I still do. Now if that offends you ,I don't honestly care.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#882105 Mar 31, 2013
"This year as every year, foes of abortion publicly mourn the loss of babies who could have been. But they — we — remain silent on the loss of babies who actually were, who died because we could not get our act together, because ours is a nation that does not simply enable private gun ownership, but that worships and fetishizes it to the point where sensible restriction — even sensible conversation — seems impossible."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/30/3313904...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jim 183,730
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 51,359
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 50,275
one million dollars 1 hr John Randle 1
easter house adoptions (Jan '11) 2 hr Victim of FOC84 19
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,958
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,354
abby 1-26 5 hr Mister Tonka 28
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) Sun Irving 74
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots