Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,558)

Showing posts 811,141 - 811,160 of1,071,196
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's guys like you that make me not want to leave any republicans alive. So let's go through it again for the exceptionally slow ones: 90% of the wealth in this country is controlled by (generously) 20% of its people. 1% of the people control 35% of the wealth. The bottom 40% control 1% of the nation's wealth. These figures have skewed toward top-end loading DRAMATICALLY over the last 25 years. IS it some kind of revelation to you clowns that when the lowest half of the population in terms of income actually LOSES real income to the highest half that they gradually fall into poverty and need? Do you have some kind of brain condition? You TOOK their money and now you want to blame them for giving it to you? It's like you're terminally retarded. You want to believe your own ridiculous calculus soooo badly that you can't even see what you've done? It's fucking unbelievable!
What is wrong with you? Seriously.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Steven Gallin wrote the piece based on an oral history that had been provided by AF Brig Gen NcHugh, Kennedy's aide, which was sealed for decades. Reviews are mixed and Gallin is widely known for elaborate half truths.
McHugh lied about several important facts__it was a very unusual and stressful time for him and all others involved__plenty of folks in CMA mode.
The 24 hrs piece is one in a History Channel series.
Everyone felt for the family of the fallen president. The Kennedys, John and Robert, were hands off as far as I was concerned because of the tremendous losses that family had suffered. John F. Kennedy would have actually been considered a conservative democrat with his economic policies in today's world. He had a lot of guts to go toe-to-toe with the Russians in the Cuban Missile Crisis.

But I knew virtually nothing about the intense hatred between Robert Kennedy and Lyndon Johnson. Unless the events told in that documentary about his arrogance and treatment toward Johnson and the power struggle he created were nothing but exaggerations and falsehoods, it couldn't help but leave a bad taste in people's mouth.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
You been sponging off poor Hubby #2 for years now, don't lie.
You even speak of retiring from a non job!!
Your lies have been busted so often, it's not funny.
Including the lies about your having been a teacher or nurse.
You're a brain addled diabetic who makes up shit as you go.
<quoted text>
Non-job? I've been working for the same company for 14 years, have to work every day to earn a paycheck and produce the expected amount of work or I will get fired.

That, my silly friend, is a real job.

Having worked full-time my entire adult life and even after my daughter was born - which technically means I had two jobs for 18 years - I was able to go part-time four or five years ago.

Don't like it? Tough.

By the way, what kind of non-job do you have?

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! You boys playing nice? Now kiss the head of his meatsicle so he knows you mean it...
Bottom's up,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

... lil' Minion.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

THIS was post #530 ...
WHY was it DELETED ...???

American Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Good Night ...
and
God ... PLEASE Bless America <3

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
all good things came to a screeching halt when bush gave tax cuts to wealthy and then proceeded to launch 2 wasteful wars without the funding.
ha...the employment sector nose-dived when ppl. stop feeding the inflationary spiral....which meant things got too damn expensive fo afford anymore. pure greed got us in trouble. nothing virtuous about the bush years.
According to Obama's own numbers $1.6 trillion went to people making under $250,000 each year. while people making over $250,000 got $600 billion. Want to make another dumbass statement?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
like it wasn't that way 9 years ago?
Tax Returns: A Comprehensive Assessment of the Bush Administration's Record on Cutting Taxes
The very well-off have been big winners on two fronts. They secured enormous gains in income in the 1980s and 1990s. They now are receiving extremely large tax cuts as a result of the 2001 and 2003 tax-cut measures. The Congressional Budget Office provides the most comprehensive data available on recent changes in incomes and taxes for different income groups; these CBO data cover years from 1979 until 2001. Just-released CBO data show:
The average after-tax income of the top one percent of the population more than doubled over this period, rising from $294,300 in 1979 to $703,100 in 2001, an increase of $408,800.(CBO adjusted these figures for inflation and expressed them in 2001 dollars.) This represents an increase of 139 percent.
By contrast, the average after-tax income of the households that make up the middle fifth of the U.S. population rose $6,300, or 17 percent, during this period. And the average after-tax income of the poorest fifth of households rose $1,100, or only eight percent.
In combination with data on before-tax income from a study issued by the National Bureau of Economic Research, these CBO data indicate that before-tax income was more concentrated at the top of the income scale in 2001 than at any time in the previous 65 years (i.e., back to 1936), except for the years from 1997-2000.
The pattern continues in 2004. The President’s budget proposes to make permanent every tax-cut provision enacted in 2001 and 2003 that predominately benefits people with high incomes. But the budget fails to extend — and thus would let die after 2006 — the provision of the 2001 tax-cut law that encourages greater retirement saving by working families with incomes under $50,000.
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
again, someone attacks Obama despite the facts.
i'm about to the point of just starting to call everyone of you on that BS. all i get are suppositions and non-facts when i present facts. why is that Eman? you're one of the smart folks around here. enlighten my dumb 'liberal' ass please.
i'm more of a conservative than any one of you. real conservatives don't deal in BS. they see the truth, and then tell it like it is. go on over to The American Conservative to see how it really should be. become one of the enlightened ones'.
I have a question. Do you even read the crap you post? Because if you did (oh I forgot you're a libtard so you can comprehend what you read) you would see that, mostly, it refutes what you are trying to say.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Albuquerque Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason that people in Cyprus lost money is because their government stole the money.
You will never be able to explain that to these clowns.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO
hey Rush. what's up?
do any of you 'people' ever have an original thought?
though 'thought' is probably an overstatement.
Oh that's rich coming from the king of copy and paste!!!

“God Bless our Republic”

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Priorities? Defend This –$877,000 for Snail Sex Study – But we can’t keep the White House Tours...

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/03/2...

How damned "ignorant" can ya get?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

"The Muslim Brotherhood was founded in Egypt in 1928 by a 22 hear old Muslim named Hassan al-Banna, who admired Adolf Hitler's hatred of the Jews and persistently wrote to Hitler to his admiration for Hitler and desire for collaboration with Hitler's Nazi Party."

"When Hitler rose to power his Nazis supported al-Banna, who was a school teacher, to grow the Muslim Brotherhood into its ally in the Middle East; by 1938 membership of the Muslim Brotherhood had topped 200,000."

"During World War II, members of the Muslim Brotherhood spied for Hitler's Nazi's in the Middle East and fought as Hitler's Nazi troops in two specially formed Muslim Waffen-SS Handshar Divisions (handshar is the German for scimitar, the curved saber used by the Muslim troops of the Ottoman Empire.

And you thought I was crazy for comparing now to 1938 huh?

Who just gave what to the Muslim Brotherhood????

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

History of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_M...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh that's rich coming from the king of copy and paste!!!
a right wing opinion built on falsehoods will be sure to impress....no one. well, beyond the other right wing nuts who've bought into the right wing media propaganda.

and we know how that worked out in the last election. and how it will continue to play out in future elections unless.....

A Republican Left Turn?

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/...

it's no longer a center right country. anyone that thinks it is isn't pay attention. hard line views on social issues won't win elections, and no point in even discussing hard right economic views....absolutely no one will pay attention to that that's been proven not to work. that that got us into the economic mess we will continue to stay in until the GOP admits that their constant attacks of Obama are nothing more than cover for their past mistakes and they start to look at ideas that will actually work.

i have plenty of opinions to express, though none that you care to hear anymore than i care to hear yours. opinions are like azzholes; though nowadays merely caricatures of that adage: seems everybody has one though they rarely get it right. i care not to be one of those whose views are shaped by nothing more than talk from the RWM that holds no water. i'll leave that to the carols of the world.

so please, continue your derision based on the fact that i won't play ball with the lies that you nutjobs try to use to make yourselves believe that you actually own a viewpoint that translates into an opinion.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
The nations bible thumper, Obama.
Obama gay marriage quotes - POLITICO.com
www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76109_Page...
May 9, 2012 – POLITICO; Evolve: Obama gay marriage quotes ...“I have been to this point unwilling to sign on to same-sex marriage primarily because of my ...
Craig Shirley, a conservative activist and the author of two books about the Reagan revolution, is convinced that self-proclaimed conservatives have undermined their own cause by attempting to use the federal government to address social issues.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, he said, should never have pushed for enactment of the Defense of Marriage Act:“it was wrong, it was the federalization of social policy.”

The Republican Party has begun to move to the left on social and cultural issues, as well as on immigration. Despite the warnings of mass defections of white evangelical and born-again Christians, these shifts will not be as costly as some people, both inside and outside the party, claim.

The fact is that on pretty much every noncultural issue – government spending, taxes, the regulatory state and national defense – the Christian right holds orthodox Republican views virtually identical to those of mainstream Republicans. Its members are unlikely to bolt the party.

Take a look at this Pew Center chart, Figure 1.

The constituency most convinced that “government regulation of business usually does more harm than good,” a core tenet of the modern Republican Party, is white evangelical Christians:

Or, take Figure 2. The Christian right tops everyone in its conviction that “the best way to ensure peace is through military strength.”

Finally, just about everyone (see Figure 3) says they are patriotic, but who tops the list?

In other words, the Republican Party can afford to marginalize Tony Perkins and other Christian right leaders because evangelical social conservatives, who make up more than a third of the Republican electorate, are not going to vote Democratic. Nor are they going to join an exodus to a third party. Rush Limbaugh to the contrary, they won’t stay home either.

Minimal losses among these voters could be made up for by slight gains among other constituencies like young voters, minorities and single white women.

Withdrawing full-throated support for the religious right (for example, by altering the anti-abortion plank of the 2012 Republican Party platform, which called for a constitutional amendment banning abortion without exception for victims of rape or incest or to save the life of the mother) may be a gamble – and may cost the party donors — but at the moment the Republican Party holds a losing hand.

which actually supports the suppostion that Bill O'Reilly is not stupid.
Nuculur option

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a right wing opinion,, spareed the fiction and spam
An exploding population of wild horses and ghetto ignorance... And the government still wants to control YOUR ghetto numbers. The eyes are useless when your mind is blind sonicfiller.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
a right wing opinion built on falsehoods will be sure to impress....no one. well, beyond the other right wing nuts who've bought into the right wing media propaganda.
and we know how that worked out in the last election. and how it will continue to play out in future elections unless.....
A Republican Left Turn?
it's no longer a center right country. anyone that thinks it is isn't pay attention. hard line views on social issues won't win elections, and no point in even discussing hard right economic views....absolutely no one will pay attention to that that's been proven not to work. that that got us into the economic mess we will continue to stay in until the GOP admits that their constant attacks of Obama are nothing more than cover for their past mistakes and they start to look at ideas that will actually work.
i have plenty of opinions to express, though none that you care to hear anymore than i care to hear yours. opinions are like azzholes; though nowadays merely caricatures of that adage: seems everybody has one though they rarely get it right. i care not to be one of those whose views are shaped by nothing more than talk from the RWM that holds no water. i'll leave that to the carols of the world.
so please, continue your derision based on the fact that i won't play ball with the lies that you nutjobs try to use to make yourselves believe that you actually own a viewpoint that translates into an opinion.
A batshit crazy libtard blowing his flute for a bunch of other barshit crazy libtards. Half the people in this country didn't vote at all. They are the ones you should be worried about. When they get tired of the bullshit from both sides heads are going to roll! Big time!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Oppressed Christians and Second-Class Citizenship

Having people tell you you're wrong may not be fun, but it doesn't make you oppressed.

With all this talk of gay people marrying one another, some people on the right are starting to bleat about how they're being oppressed for their Christian beliefs—so oppressed, in fact, that they're starting to feel like "second-class citizens." Here's CBN's David Brody lamenting the sorrows of Kirk Cameron and Tim Tebow. Here's Red State's Erik Erikson predicting the coming pogrom ("Within a year or two we will see Christian schools attacked for refusing to admit students whose parents are gay. We will see churches suffer the loss of their tax exempt status for refusing to hold gay weddings. We will see private businesses shut down because they refuse to treat as legitimate that which perverts God’s own established plan."). Here's Fox News commentator Todd Starnes on the oppression that has already begun ("it’s as if we’re second-class citizens now because we support the traditional, Biblical definition of marriage"). And how is this second-class citizenship being thrust upon them back in the real world? Well, people are ... strongly disagreeing with their position on an issue of public concern! It's awful, I tell ya.

The impulse to jam that crown of thorns down on your head is a powerful one in politics. It means you've achieved the moral superiority of the victim, and the other side must be the victimizer. The problem is that these folks don't seem to have much of a grasp on what second-class citizenship actually looks like. Last time I checked, nobody was forbidden to vote because they're a Christian, or not allowed to eat in their choice of restaurants, or forced to use separate water fountains, or even be forbidden by the state to marry the person of their choice. That's what second-class citizenship is. Having somebody on television call your views retrograde may not be fun, but it doesn't make you a second-class citizen.

Of course, they say, "Just you wait." But these fantasies of oppression are just that, fantasies. One of their favorite scare stories is that before you know it, Christian ministers are going to be hauled off to jail or have their churches lose their tax-exempt status if they refuse to marry gay people. Right, just like at the moment a Jewish synagogue will lose its tax-exempt status if the rabbi won't preside over a Pentecostal wedding. And as for the florist who refuses to sell flowers to a gay couple, what he's asking for is not a right but a privilege, the privilege to discriminate based on sexual orientation. It's no different than if he refused to sell flowers to an interracial couple. But somehow, if he finds justification for that discriminatory practice in his faith, that's supposed to make it a fundamental right.

I'm more than happy to admit that in certain circles, it's more acceptable to be gay than to be an evangelical Christian. That's what Chief Justice Roberts was getting at when he noted during the oral arguments about DOMA that "political figures are falling all over themselves" to endorse gay marriage, and thus gay people don't qualify as a disfavored minority. But what we're talking about here isn't attendance at fashionable Upper West Side parties, it's discrimination under the law. That's what makes you a second-class citizen. It's what gay people live with now, and it's something that is never, ever going to happen to Christians, no matter how bad some of them may feel when people tell them they're wrong.

http://prospect.org/article/oppressed-christi...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> A batshit crazy libtard blowing his flute for a bunch of other barshit crazy libtards. Half the people in this country didn't vote at all. They are the ones you should be worried about. When they get tired of the bullshit from both sides heads are going to roll! Big time!!!
So you say. And based on what?

need i say more?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Albuquerque Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason that people in Cyprus lost money is because their government stole the money.
Now that type of stuff is a bunch of rot!

They ought to burn the THIEVES of unaccountable OUT!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm all in with Billo.
bible thumpers. need to fix that. damn special interest groups with their tax breaks. do you have any idea how much revenue we could be getting from political hacks who pose as leaders of the Bible Thumpers cult? it's crime that they get away with not paying taxes. damn 47%ers.
Aint that a truth!

Damn robbinhoodieTic thieves and slackerTics, are everywhere these days!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 811,141 - 811,160 of1,071,196
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info