Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
811,061 - 811,080 of 1,079,668 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you're an idiot or drunk.
No, I'm not an idiot or drunk.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
Human Tissue Found in Meats - but eating it is "no threat"
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/human-tis...
The horse meat fiasco in Europe has prodded scientists to look a bit deeper into what else we might be consuming. A team of South African scientists have just found traces of human tissue in meat from 9 provinces meant for public consumption.
The issue was revealed to parliament, almost as a side note, during meat inspection briefings on Tuesday...
http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/human-tis...
Soylent Green?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not an idiot or drunk.
Then what was with your silly post? And the uncalled for insult? Are you sonic the hedgehog?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not a problem....
Limbaugh Says Some Republicans Want To "Put Gays Behind Us," Adds, "Is That Really Where You Want Them?"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/03/28/limb...
i'd be watching my back if i were you.
My female wife does that for me.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Dorothy wrote:
<quoted text>
The steak was good...the kids didn't pepper the pop and that mean ol' evil witch got hers she did, she did lol.
You ate Toto? lol
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and company profits just keep growing while the people of this country are stuck on the outside looking in.
Thx Obama,
signed Wall Street

How many hundreds of thousands of shares do you have?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Thank goodness wall street is thriving, too bad about the slobs out of work.

"More than 12 million Americans are jobless and 40% of these individuals have been out of work for more than six months. Overall the U.S. economy may be improving but many Americans still cannot find a job. This trend will only continue in the foreseeable future says James Altucher, managing director of Formula Capital, an asset management firm. The author and venture capitalist tells The Daily Ticker’s Aaron Task that the U.S. is moving toward an “employee-less society.”

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what was with your silly post? And the uncalled for insult? Are you sonic the hedgehog?
I misinterpreted one of your post's intent. It occasionally comes from exposure to and arguing with childish Liberals. I apologize.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I misinterpreted one of your post's intent. It occasionally comes from exposure to and arguing with childish Liberals. I apologize.
No hay problema, I usually agree with you. And i'm not a bitter , disgruntled, grudge holding liberal.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Good! You boys playing nice? Now kiss the head of his meatsicle so he knows you mean it...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
Thank goodness wall street is thriving, too bad about the slobs out of work.
"More than 12 million Americans are jobless and 40% of these individuals have been out of work for more than six months. Overall the U.S. economy may be improving but many Americans still cannot find a job. This trend will only continue in the foreseeable future says James Altucher, managing director of Formula Capital, an asset management firm. The author and venture capitalist tells The Daily Ticker’s Aaron Task that the U.S. is moving toward an “employee-less society.”
Heheheheheheh,'too bad about the slobs out of work,' huh? Really?'An employee-less society???' Oh my GAWD my sides hurt! So, um, what'll you be doin' in the brave new world? The thinnin' no doubt? Yes, it's true, intellectual gifts like yours are simply wasted in a place like Leadville... Colorado in general, really. Here too, why I feel guilty just writing this knowing it's consuming precious seconds of your valuable time. You need to be in... New York... NO! LA. Yup, in LA you would be valued for who and what you are. Ok, that's settled then, when can you leave?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
No hay problema, I usually agree with you. And i'm not a bitter , disgruntled, grudge holding liberal.
Nope. You're a dumbfuck from bumfuck whose worldview is gleaned from pouring over the important thoughts of finance-centric internet bloggers. That's much better. Hey! I think I hear them calling your flight?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Economic Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Continue to Drive Large Deficits

Economic Recovery Measures, Financial Rescues Have Only Temporary Impact

Federal deficits and debt have been sharply higher under President Obama, but the evidence continues to show that the Great Recession, President Bush’s tax cuts, and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq explain most of the deficits that have occurred on Obama’s watch — based on the latest Congressional Budget Office projections as well as legislation enacted since we last issued this analysis of what lies behind current deficits and debt.

Though some lawmakers and pundits continue to blame record deficits on the President’s policies in general — and his actions to boost the economy and stabilize the financial system in particular — these policies increase budget deficits only briefly; they will have no significant impact on the long-term problem of large deficits and rising debt.

The deficit for fiscal year 2009 — which began almost four months before President Obama took office — was $1.4 trillion and, at 10 percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), marked the largest deficit relative to the economy since the end of World War II. Annual deficits in 2010 through 2012, while slightly lower, each topped $1 trillion. If current policies remain in place, deficits are expected to range between $600 billion and $900 billion for the rest of this decade, reaching a low around 2015 before climbing again.

Although longer-term pressures on spending stem chiefly from an aging population and rising health-care costs, those pressures are not new. Policymakers knew about them when they enacted the Bush-era tax cuts and assented to fighting two wars on borrowed money.(These pressures also were taken into account in the Congressional Budget Office projections issued at the start of 2001, which showed budget surpluses for the next several decades.)

The goal of reining in long-term deficits and debt would be much easier to achieve if it were not for the policies set in motion during the Bush years. That era’s tax cuts — most of which policymakers extended in this year’s American Taxpayer Relief Act, with President Obama’s support — and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will account for almost half of the debt that we will owe, under current policies, by 2019. By contrast, the economic recovery measures and financial rescues will account for just over 10 percent of the debt at that time.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...

just the facts. that someone will try to explain away with nothing more an opinion gleaned from god knows where.

go ahead...i dare ya...cite 'god knows where'. or maybe 'everybody knows'. i've been waiting on that citation since 2009, and have yet to see it.
Dorothy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
You ate Toto? lol
Oh geez I hope not lol
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

I think I know how Hamlet felt hanging around with the less than perfect memory of the long dead and the prescience to realize he would soon be among them. Your time is o'er, future prospects well drawn. The world will not long remember your innovative thinking and selfless dedication to... well, yourself, really.. tis clearly nobler to suffer the scorn of your fellows for the warmth which comes from climbing up the pyramid of broken bodkins towards the summit. That place where you alone are heralded for all you've accomplished by your own sweat and toil and sacrifice, and where the very corpses you've tread upwards on turn up their eyes to you and yell as one, "We who have succumbed that you might rise to the top of the heap, salute you." O' great industrialist, maker of pizzas and importer of cheap chinee crap, show us the light!
Albuquerque Slim

College Grove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

sonicfilter wrote:
As attorney Paul Clement took to the Supreme Court to defend the Defense of Marriage Act on behalf of House Republicans, the lawmakers who hired him to do so stood silently by. It was the right thing to do, many Republican strategists say, to avoid distracting from the GOP’s core economic message.
But some members of the House Republican Conference thought their leaders should have done more to publicly stand behind an effort that is important to social conservatives.
“The silence was absolutely deafening and very disappointing to the millions of value voters that are in the party,” Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Kan., told National Journal Daily.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/house...
IF SCOTUS allows you to marry your boyfriend without restrictions, what will you bitch about next?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Tax Cuts, War Costs Do Lasting Harm to Budget Outlook

Some commentators blame major legislation adopted since 2008 — the stimulus bill and other recovery measures and the financial rescues — for today’s record deficits. Yet those costs pale next to other policies enacted since 2001 that have swollen the deficit and that have lasting effects.

Just two policies dating from the Bush Administration — tax cuts and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — accounted for over $500 billion of the deficit in 2009 and will account for nearly $6 trillion in deficits in 2009 through 2019 (including associated debt-service costs of $1.4 trillion). By 2019, we estimate that these two policies will account for almost half — over $8 trillion — of the $17 trillion in debt that will be owed under current policies. These impacts easily dwarf the stimulus and financial rescues, which will account for less than $2 trillion (just over 10 percent) of the debt at that time. Furthermore, unlike those temporary costs, these inherited policies do not fade away as the economy recovers.

Without the economic downturn and the fiscal policies of the previous Administration, the budget would be roughly in balance in this decade. Even if we regard the economic downturn as unavoidable, we would have entered it with a much smaller debt — allowing us to absorb the recession’s damage to the budget and the cost of economic recovery measures, while keeping debt comfortably below 50 percent of GDP, as Figure 2 suggests. That would have put the nation on a much sounder footing to address the demographic challenges and the cost pressures in health care that darken the long-run fiscal outlook.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...
Hamlet

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

I would know this,
Why when two men or women meet,
Must there always be a THIRD man hanging around
Waiting to chime in about what a nice car he's got, or,
how cool it is to be him
when everybody can see
he's posting anonymously to complete strangers in
an internet chatroom?

What is it about men who wouldst
meet thou in thine own privvy
simply to reveal that about himself
that he perceives to be
in some measure
Greater than what he perceives his neighbor
has?
Hamlet

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

thee
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Bet You Can’t Tell The Difference Between These Actual Anti-Interracial And Anti-Gay Marriage Quotes

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bet-you-cant-t...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Brian_G 45,781
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,930
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 3 hr joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 5 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 6 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 7 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs