Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,553)

Showing posts 811,041 - 811,060 of1,033,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A condition of employment is not a bribe.
Sure it is. It's just a legal one.

It's legal to offer it, take it, and bitch about it.

'Murica!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Mayor Bloomerberg Takes His Guns to Gun-free Bermuda

Do as Hizzoner says, Not as He Does

HAMILTON, Bermuda — At Greg’s Steakhouse, the power lunch spot on this sun-soaked island, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is such a regular that he has his own booth, with a view of the Parliament building. The waiters have memorized his order: coffee-rubbed New York strip steak.

The cabdrivers in Bermuda know Mr. Bloomberg by sight and jockey for a chance to drive him around town.(The billionaire mayor, they say, tips well.)

Members of the Mid Ocean golf club, where he plays up to two rounds a day, can rattle off the strengths and weaknesses of his game.

“He’s a bit slow, to be honest,” said one of them, who found himself stuck behind the mayor’s foursome recently.

Mr. Bloomberg, who owns a waterfront estate here, has walled off his life in Bermuda from voters in New York, arguing it is none of their business. He steadfastly refuses to say when he is on the island, and to blindfold prying eyes, he has blocked aviation Web sites from making public the movements of his private planes.

The mayor also takes along a police detail when he travels, flying two officers on his private plane and paying as much as $400 a night to put them up at a hotel near his house; the city pays their wages while they are there, as it does whether Mr. Bloomberg is New York or not. Guns are largely forbidden in Bermuda — even most police officers do not use them — but the mayor’s guards have special permission to carry weapons. A spokesman for the Police Department declined to comment.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

As VP, Biden Has Been Flying To Delaware on the Weekends

by Keith Koffler on March 23, 2013, 11:38 am

Vice President Biden has been flying home to Wilmington, Delaware most weekends at enormous expense to taxpayers, even though he has an exclusive government-provided residence in Washington.

Biden himself acknowledged the flights during recent remarks to the National Association of Attorneys General, noting that the sequester would force him to temporarily alter his expensive habit and use the train instead.

According to reports, Biden generally uses Air Force Two to get to Wilmington.

The cost of flying Air Force Two, a military version of the Boeing 757-200, amounts to about $8,800 per hour, according to the most recent federal data.

The distance between Washington and Wilmington is only about a hundred miles, but it’s safe to assume that between flying time and the time spent on the takeoff and landing, the total flight takes at least 45 minutes. That would amount to a roundtrip cost to taxpayers of about $13,200.

This price still is conservative, though, because it doesn’t include the cost of transporting Biden to and from the plane, both in Washington and Delaware.

Biden, who rode Amtrak trains back and forth to Wilmington on weekends for years as a senator, said he was forced by the Secret Service to use air transport instead of the train when he became vice president. But it’s not at all clear why, given that he no longer represents Delaware, he must return there so frequently.

Biden has family in Delaware and reportedly also likes to golf at an exclusive club there. But in an era of soaring debt, he had been making a choice to spend thousands of taxpayers dollars to accomodate a personal predilection.

Millions of American work in cities that they don’t call home, but few can afford the expense of returning to their ancestral grounds regularly.

And none can rest their heads on pillows at the beautiful vice president’s mansion at the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I've always thought Maher was funny, and often insightful....but I have to say, I lost any respect I had for the man with this glaring hypocrisy. Probably will now remove him from my DVR.
Bummer.
Yeah, well, you can use the money you save to buy hubby some .223 rounds for his manly pursuits, you dumb slut.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I've always thought Maher was funny, and often insightful....but I have to say, I lost any respect I had for the man with this glaring hypocrisy. Probably will now remove him from my DVR.
Bummer.
Even liberals have a limit on how much they are willing to pay in taxes.

More of this will happen as Obamacare explodes the tax rates.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Mayor Bloomerberg Takes His Guns to Gun-free Bermuda
Do as Hizzoner says, Not as He Does
HAMILTON, Bermuda — At Greg’s Steakhouse, the power lunch spot on this sun-soaked island, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is such a regular that he has his own booth, with a view of the Parliament building. The waiters have memorized his order: coffee-rubbed New York strip steak.
The cabdrivers in Bermuda know Mr. Bloomberg by sight and jockey for a chance to drive him around town.(The billionaire mayor, they say, tips well.)
Members of the Mid Ocean golf club, where he plays up to two rounds a day, can rattle off the strengths and weaknesses of his game.
“He’s a bit slow, to be honest,” said one of them, who found himself stuck behind the mayor’s foursome recently.
Mr. Bloomberg, who owns a waterfront estate here, has walled off his life in Bermuda from voters in New York, arguing it is none of their business. He steadfastly refuses to say when he is on the island, and to blindfold prying eyes, he has blocked aviation Web sites from making public the movements of his private planes.
The mayor also takes along a police detail when he travels, flying two officers on his private plane and paying as much as $400 a night to put them up at a hotel near his house; the city pays their wages while they are there, as it does whether Mr. Bloomberg is New York or not. Guns are largely forbidden in Bermuda — even most police officers do not use them — but the mayor’s guards have special permission to carry weapons. A spokesman for the Police Department declined to comment.
But does he also drink 64oz sodas while in Bermuda?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
Bummer.
I used to watch his show, Politically Incorrect, all the time which was mainly satire with four guests from all backgrounds talking about the issues of the day - which in comparison to today's headlines seemed rather tame.

But then he went over the deep end and lost me too.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, well, you can use the money you save to buy hubby some .223 rounds for his manly pursuits, you dumb slut.
Climb back into the bottle with lily and cork it, Dood.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's grand initiative is based on the naive assumption that the Palestinian leadership wants peace....about as much as the Democratic leadership wanted peace during the civil rights movement of the 60's. They have a real knack for being on the wrong side of history.
Indeed...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If we aren't still reeling over the tax increases and less take home pay in our checks since January...we ain't seen nothin' yet.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

That little boy is dead. And he's got granddad to thank for it. It's amazing how karma works out, cracker.

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The DVR is courtesy of DirecTV - it's a perk of my son's job, and we aren't charged for it.

But they've never tried to commandeer his vote, and he doesn't belong to a union...so that's ok.

Right?

Sheesh.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Indeed. Reported.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

An insecure man will pretend to be an insecure woman in a anonymous location.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Well, I feel like I've been in a middle eastern history class this evening with all the research and reading.

Basically, my brain is pooped. But I learned a lot too.

Night all.

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever, clown. You fucked up. You need to be held accountable. You WILL be held accountable. Did you imagine you were going to get a pass, moron? I'm gonna kill you old man, did you think it would be otherwise? The way I'm gonna do it, is to eliminate the ones you love. Enjoy.
You gonna talk em to death? Tell me where you live and I'll save you a trip.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

carol, sweetie, get me a beer, would you? Do it now you dumb bitch. It's like high school, honey, just do what you're told...

“searching myself”

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they shouldn't be touting the programs which explode them, or deriding others for not wanting to pay them.

And hey: the fines are cheaper than supporting the program...so the ones who aren't offering insurance anymore are just doing
'good bidness' and saving that money...at least in the short term.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You gonna talk em to death? Tell me where you live and I'll save you a trip.
Don't bother, old man. I'll come to you. Let's get this over with, Cletus.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Then they shouldn't be touting the programs which explode them, or deriding others for not wanting to pay them.
And hey: the fines are cheaper than supporting the program...so the ones who aren't offering insurance anymore are just doing
'good bidness' and saving that money...at least in the short term.
Shut up, you dumb bitch. Don't you you ever figure out that men afford you no respect? Didn't you marry one? duh

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 811,041 - 811,060 of1,033,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,971
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 50 min ritedownthemiddle 42,936
snapchat gay names 1 hr nolovecity74 5
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 167,402
Who Dodged the SHOE Better? 2 hr ThomasA 15
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr prognosticator 96,013
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,022
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••