Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#881393 Mar 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
"Serious" Conservative Media And The Recidivist Temptation
President Obama's reelection has prompted more than a few conservative pundits and journalists to look inward and contemplate the weaknesses of the right-wing media model that obsesses over partisan minutia, eagerly chases phantom scandals, nosedives down ideological rabbit holes, and excludes dissenting voices. It's an interesting discussion, but it's hampered by the fact that the same people calling for change are themselves backsliding into the behaviors they want to correct.
Commentary editor and columnist John Podhoretz offers a pure distillation of this recidivist phenomenon. "Time To Get Serious," writes Podhoretz for the April issue of Commentary, arguing that after 6 years of treating Obama as alternately a "lightweight" political incompetent and a power-mad would-be dictator, and with nothing but two electoral drubbings to show for it, conservatives have to "come to grips" with Obama's political skill:
It's not just the comforting delusion that he's a golf-mad dilettante, but also the reverse-negative image of that delusion--that Obama is a not-so-secret Marxist Kenyan with dictatorial ambitions and a nearly limitless appetite for power. That caricature makes it far too easy for Obama to laugh off the legitimate criticisms of the kind of political leader he really is: a conventional post-1960s left-liberal with limited interest in the private sector and the gut sense that government must and should do more, whatever "more" might mean at any given moment.
Podhoretz's very next paragraph, however, shows that he's not quite ready to take his own advice, as he casts the Obama presidency as a vehicle for "disaster" at home and "nihilistic chaos" globally -- precisely the sort of extremist caricature he says isn't helpful for conservatives:
The notion that Obama is a dangerous extremist helps him, because it makes him seem reasonable and his critics foolish. It also helps those who peddle it, because it makes them notorious and helps them sell their wares. But it has done perhaps irreparable harm to the central conservative cause of the present moment -- making the case that Obama's social-democratic statism is setting the United States on a course for disaster and that his anti-exceptionalist foreign policy is setting the world on a course for nihilistic chaos. Those are serious arguments, befitting a serious antagonist. They may not sell gold coins as quickly and as well as excessive alarmism, but they have the inestimable advantage of being true.
Daniel Larison of the American Conservative observes:
Of course, warning about global "nihilistic chaos" being unleashed by an "anti-exceptionalist foreign policy" is just another example of excessive alarmism that produces the same effects as the attacks Podhoretz wants conservatives to reject. No one outside the bubble of movement conservatives and hard-liners believes that Obama's foreign policy is "anti-exceptionalist " in any sense, much less in the tendentious way that it is being applied here.
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/03/28/serio...
Hah, John Podhoretz son of Norman__founder of Commentary and some say the American neocon movement. Oh, and poster fred's hero in life.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#881394 Mar 28, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Your original statement was:
"you mean those things most of us paid in advance for? "
I pointed out you haven't paid even a tiny portion of it, you get upset and revert to your base ignorance.
Some things never change.
BTW, you have it backwards.(No surprise!)
It's medical technology that drives up the costs.
Without such technology, we wouldn't be living any longer. Without modern diabetes drugs, folks like Carol would have been dead a decade ago.
Actually this is what you said "You don't pay in advance for any of it." Which is a flat out lie.

<that's as far as I read into your post>

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#881395 Mar 28, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks nuc but I already knew you were a dickhead.
a dickhead who enjoys diving into poopchuting.
carol

Orlando, FL

#881396 Mar 28, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This reminds me that I wanted to tell others who are fooled by your cowardice not to feel bad because sometimes you can even fool me too. I just know it isn't me.
Happy to help. If I miss one just tie a string around your finger so you'll remember anyways. Yes, carol, it's easy being you, all you have to do is imagine Sister Theresa with a heroin habit and whatever you write just sounds like you. You notice how I even use your most common misspellings and syntax errors? And no, carol, a syntax is not another tax on prostitutes.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#881397 Mar 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Balanced Budget.
Hummmmmmmm.
Who took us off that path?
Hint: It was not the Democrats.
Hint: It was someone who ran on "giving it back"
"real dumb"
The person who currently taking us off the path is president nobama. His mantra tax the shit out of the doers and give to the lazy, those with their hands out.
Peace
KMA
PS: Just a question for you. How much has the deficit increased under president nobama? 6, 7, 8 trillion? Stay tuned foks, "real dumb's" answer is sure amazin!!!!!!
STILL HOPE- FOR CHANGE

Bronx, NY

#881398 Mar 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Racism does not belong o any party.
However as Chris Rock said: "Not all Republicans are racist but if you're racist, you're most likely a Republican."
You mean chris rock the actor/comic who wanted to be some kind of native american until his bubble was burst and showed he was more WHITE than native american lololololhahaha chris rock

Spokane, WA

#881399 Mar 28, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, that'll never happen.
"Eman"
"homo" has no sense of humor. He has a sense of ridiculous.
Peace
carol

Orlando, FL

#881401 Mar 28, 2013
flack wrote:
There are 34.5 people per square mile on Terra. Hardly crowded.
You want 'em so much, you pay for them, clown. Me, I neither need them or want them.

Spokane, WA

#881402 Mar 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
See, Flack isn't all bad.
"flack"
You are in trouble. "real dumb" says you are not all bad. He has yet to post a valid statement.
Peace
NUT SurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#881403 Mar 28, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I am still circling the bowl.
I desperately crave, am in love with, but have been consistently rejected by all of the following:
Demidiots, 0h-Rea11y,_lily waxman raton fl, Big Bubba BLackCock, TSM, Forum, Old Crazy Goober, Proud2bewhite, No Surprise, Jimma Carter, Impeach Obama, Anyone from Temacula, Arguingwithidiots, loulee rat mouth fl, Barney Frank , fake Dem, Lt Dan, LOL, lily's children, LOL, Floriduh, fukutu, Ignoramus, Liberals Eat Feces, DEM idiots, Billy Carter,, Warturds, CAE, Fetch N Stepinit, Rectal Liberal, Commie DemocRATs, Wartime, Billy C, Subversive Barry, Groucho, FUBO, King George, Patrick, Democrats are Fascists, Gay Ghost, VAGITARIAN, Jimmy, Bronach, Pete, King George, PTBW Forever, The Real Truth, WorthlessWhore, Louise, Cheryl
I also wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how rediculous you are.
<quoted text>
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron:
<quoted text>
What is it like being dead Ghost?
What is it like? Do you feel dead?
<quoted text>
He lives here just like the Ghost does.
Tell me. What is it like being dead?
<quoted text>
Hiya Woofie. Ya got me confused with someone else
<quoted text>
Oh sure You also have a Unicorn in the back yard,right? Toodles, ape man.
<quoted text>
Do you ride your Unicorn often, liberal?
577856 Democrats are Fascists wrote: Have a nice day Richard Cranium. <quoted text> <quoted text> What a perfect description of the typical liberal. Good job, Richard Cranium.
:#395210 Jul 17, 2011 <quoted text>
Look Richard Cranium. I already told you, NOT INTERESTED in you. It's obvious to me you were born from the anal canal (spelling police - what a moron - like I'm going to spell check posting to a loser).
395208 Jul 17, 2011
No. Liberals who cannot adapt to society like you are homo-schooled Richard Cranium. Let me guess about you... You are an Obama voter?
..and we thought you couldn't see past your bulbous nose. I guess that's not a problem when your eyes are on the side of your head. Oh, what a long tounge you have!
|#441048 Bored. You say a lot, but it means nothing. One can only deal with a moron like you in limited doses. I'm sure you've encoutered this before, like when you approach people at a party. Did you ever wonder why they scatter? Zzzzz.
#395266 Jul 17, 2011
I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too? Mar 7, 2011
When you walk up to a group at a party, does everyone walk away from you? July 17, 2011
I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too? Is it sad liberal moron?<quoted text>
By the way, do like it Greek? I'll be gentle with you. I know you Democrats like to avoid talking about Greece! Can I call you my little Greeker?
<quoted text>If you've got any balls, then spit them out because they're definitely not yours.
<quoted text>How's it going, Spork? Still have a mouthful of Barry?
Time for some chocolate cake and ice cream!
<quoted text>
You can stand in line with the rest of the libtards and await your ass-pounding from the mods.
I like big sweaty co ock in my azz whole!
I also wrote:
<quoted text>butt-crack
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Spokane, WA

#881404 Mar 28, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Self reliance. Smaller government.
"Eman"
When speaking to "flack" you are speaking to the choir, less government, less spending fewer regulations. Now if you were speaking to "silly", "realdumb", "nutsucker", etal you would of their hopes; more rules, more taxes on those who work, more handouts for the lazy, more government decisions on what you must purchase, health care, restrictions on the freedom of speech if the speech is anti their beliefs, no restrictions on drug use or sales.
Peace
Waxman

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#881405 Mar 28, 2013
You moron. Bubba is not me you dfl.
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
"WAXTURD" Still circling the bowl.
Nostrilis Waxman/Floriduh/No Surprise aka known as the stalker "WAXBALLS topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one:
Demidiots, 0h-Rea11y,_lily waxman raton fl, Big Bubba BLackCock, TSM, Forum, Old Crazy Goober, Proud2bewhite, No Surprise, Jimma Carter, Impeach Obama, Anyone from Temacula, Arguingwithidiots, loulee rat mouth fl, Barney Frank , fake Dem, Lt Dan, LOL, lily's children, LOL, Floriduh, fukutu, Ignoramus, Liberals Eat Feces, DEM idiots, Billy Carter,, Warturds, CAE, Fetch N Stepinit, Rectal Liberal, Commie DemocRATs, Wartime, Billy C, Subversive Barry, Groucho, FUBO, King George, Patrick, Democrats are Fascists, Gay Ghost, VAGITARIAN, Jimmy, Bronach, Pete, King George, PTBW Forever, The Real Truth, WorthlessWhore, Louise, Cheryl
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's how rediculous you are.
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.
nostrilis waxman wrote:
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron:
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it like being dead Ghost?
What is it like? Do you feel dead?
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
He lives here just like the Ghost does.
Tell me. What is it like being dead?
Groucho wrote:
Lehighton, PA
<quoted text>
Hiya Woofie. Ya got me confused with someone else.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure You also have a Unicorn in the back yard,right? Toodles, ape man.
Democrats are Fascists wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ride your Unicorn often, liberal?
577856 Democrats are Fascists wrote: Have a nice day Richard Cranium. <quoted text>
Grey Moron wrote: <quoted text> What a perfect description of the typical liberal. Good job, Richard Cranium.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:#395210 Jul 17, 2011 <quoted text>
Look Richard Cranium. I already told you, NOT INTERESTED in you. It's obvious to me you were born from the anal canal (spelling police - what a moron - like I'm going to spell check posting to a loser).
Nostrilis Waxman 395208 Jul 17, 2011
No. Liberals who cannot adapt to society like you are homo-schooled Richard Cranium. Let me guess about you... You are an Obama voter?
Grey Moron Fairview, NJ
..and we thought you couldn't see past your bulbous nose. I guess that's not a problem when your eyes are on the side of your head. Oh, what a long tounge you have!
Grey Moron Fairview, NJ |#441048 Bored. You say a lot, but it means nothing. One can only deal with a moron like you in limited doses. I'm sure you've encoutered this before, like when you approach people at a party. Did you ever wonder why they scatter? Zzzzz.
Nostrilis Waxman Windsor, Ct #395266 Jul 17, 2011
I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too?
Nostrilis Waxman #93787 Mar 7, 2011
When you walk up to a group at a party, does everyone walk away from you? July 17, 2011
Nostrilis Waxman #395266
I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too? Is it sad liberal moron?
Nwaxman wrote: <quoted text>
By the way, do like it Greek? I'll be gentle with you. I know you Democrats like to avoid talking about Greece! Can I call you my little Greeker?
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>If you've got any balls, then spit them out because they're definitely not yours.
Dman wrote:
<quoted text>How's it going, Spork? Still have a mouthful of Barry?
Time for some chocolate cake and ice cream!
VAGITARIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stand in line with the rest of the libtards and await your ass-pounding from the mods.
[nwaxman]I like big sweaty co ock in my azz whole!
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>butt-crack

Spokane, WA

#881407 Mar 28, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If you want to call this improved. The fact is it probably would be better than this if Obama had done nothing.
"flack"
It is unbelievable that some think the economy has improved. We have a record number of American's on food stamps, we have millions fewer American's paying Federal Income tax. One would think if things were improving fewer American's would qualify for food stamps and more American's would be paying Federal Income tax.
The fact is president nobama has done nothing, nothing of value.
Peace
carol

Orlando, FL

#881408 Mar 28, 2013
The next logical question is, What're you growing for? Is there some point to it? To packing as many people into each square mile as possible? What's the point, clown? What do you get when you win? C'mon you clowns are always pokin' fun at China's one child policy but at least they recognize that people are a problem and created a policy, however flawed. Sounds to me like them little yellow bastards are smarter than you.
carol

Orlando, FL

#881409 Mar 28, 2013
I have to say, clown, those were pretty good posts I just wrote so I saved them, corrected the errors, edited them for clarity, just in case I need to roll 'em out again some day. Just ask.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#881410 Mar 28, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
It is unbelievable that some think the economy has improved. We have a record number of American's on food stamps, we have millions fewer American's paying Federal Income tax. One would think if things were improving fewer American's would qualify for food stamps and more American's would be paying Federal Income tax.
Peace
Yes Obama has done something. He has weakened America to the point it may collapse. Then decay in to a third world country.
carol

Orlando, FL

#881411 Mar 28, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
Peace
It's guys like you that make me not want to leave any republicans alive. So let's go through it again for the exceptionally slow ones: 90% of the wealth in this country is controlled by (generously) 20% of its people. 1% of the people control 35% of the wealth. The bottom 40% control 1% of the nation's wealth. These figures have skewed toward top-end loading DRAMATICALLY over the last 25 years. IS it some kind of revelation to you clowns that when the lowest half of the population in terms of income actually LOSES real income to the highest half that they gradually fall into poverty and need? Do you have some kind of brain condition? You TOOK their money and now you want to blame them for giving it to you? It's like you're terminally retarded. You want to believe your own ridiculous calculus soooo badly that you can't even see what you've done? It's fucking unbelievable!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#881412 Mar 28, 2013
Why does this guy remind me of homer?

http://www.937jackfm.com/pages/eddie.html...
carol

Orlando, FL

#881413 Mar 28, 2013
Horatio Alger was obviously a Downs Syndrome baby. Old capitalist axiom: "In order to MAKE money, you have to TAKE it from someone." Part of the axiom that was left off: "It is BAD form to then turn around and BLAME them for giving it to you."
carol

Orlando, FL

#881416 Mar 28, 2013
Hey... did I ever mention that I moderate this thread?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min The_Box 180,584
comparison 25 min WW2FromNOW 3
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 32 min SmokedMyCock 13
nazi fascist star folks knashing their teeth 40 min MotherMayI 9
Barack Obama, our next President??? 1 hr no one cares 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr STEFANO COLONNA 70,571
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr author author 98,673
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:50 pm PST

NBC Sports 7:50PM
Week 12 skill-position injury report — Thursday
Bleacher Report10:19 PM
What Are Experts Saying About Indianapolis?
NBC Sports 1:18 AM
Colts desperate to crank up rushing game - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)