Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881139 Mar 28, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>We understand some people live in their own little world sonicfiller. Don't assume my posts are about you. But if you're affected by your support of NAMBLA then that must mean you're guilty of something.
own little world....

Christians in America have gotten soft. We’ve turned the nation into an idol to be worshiped. We’ve become so convinced by the “shining city on a hill” rhetoric we think “It can’t happen here,” regarding persecution of Christians.

We’ve turned the American ideal of liberty into an idol we worship. The religious liberty in the first amendment is meant to protect the religious as they seek to draw people to them. But the world demands instead that the first amendment be used to draw the religious to the world and silence those who refuse to go along for the ride. In making an idol of our democratic freedom, the irony is that many evangelicals in America are abdicating the use of it.

What Christians in the United States of America, who’ve had it pretty easy for a long time in the USA, have forgotten or never learned is that the world is deeply hostile to the things, and people, of God. Remember, one thousand nine hundred eighty years ago tomorrow, the world chose to spare a criminal and crucify God himself.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/28/christians...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#881140 Mar 28, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>And yet you cling to the bullshit that is rightwing philosophy. Homer is amused by this.
And what rightwing philosophy would that be?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881141 Mar 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
high school science teacher in Idaho is under investigation by the state’s professional standards commission because he reportedly used the word “vagina” during a biology lesson.
Tim McDaniel, who teaches 10th grade science at Dietrich School, told the Twin Falls Times-News that four parents were upset when they learned that his lesson included the word “vagina” and information about the biology behind female orgasm.
McDaniel said that he had never before received a complaint in the 18 years that he had taught science class at Dietrich School
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/27/idaho-t...
(Mormons don't have vaginas and orgasms?)
about orgasm i don't know, but some of them have multiple vaginas.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#881142 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Two Jehovahs Witnesses knocked on my door this morning; I told them to go away. Why do they think they have the right to impose themselves on others? You never hear of a Jewish person knocking on doors and trying to convert people. Next time, I'm calling the police. Fix their wagon, maybe they're casing the neighborhood for future robberies, see if someone comes to the door.
Can't you just shoot em? Don't you have that stand your ground law in Florida?

In PA you better be packing and prepare to fire if you come on to my property unannounced, I'll make up some bullshit story later after they find the bodies.
Nuculur option

Seminole, FL

#881143 Mar 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
own little world....
Christians in America have gotten soft. We’ve turned the nation into an idol to be worshiped. We’ve become so convinced by the “shining city on a hill” rhetoric we think “It can’t happen here,” regarding persecution of Christians.
We’ve turned the American ideal of liberty into an idol we worship. The religious liberty in the first amendment is meant to protect the religious as they seek to draw people to them. But the world demands instead that the first amendment be used to draw the religious to the world and silence those who refuse to go along for the ride. In making an idol of our democratic freedom, the irony is that many evangelicals in America are abdicating the use of it.
What Christians in the United States of America, who’ve had it pretty easy for a long time in the USA, have forgotten or never learned is that the world is deeply hostile to the things, and people, of God. Remember, one thousand nine hundred eighty years ago tomorrow, the world chose to spare a criminal and crucify God himself.
http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/28/christians...
sonicfiller has a 150gb of loops of cut-n-paste deranged samples of insanity and support for NAMBLA...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#881144 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Two Jehovahs Witnesses knocked on my door this morning; I told them to go away. Why do they think they have the right to impose themselves on others? You never hear of a Jewish person knocking on doors and trying to convert people. Next time, I'm calling the police. Fix their wagon, maybe they're casing the neighborhood for future robberies, see if someone comes to the door.
I have these two little ole black ladies come by about every other week. They knock and ting the bell even though there is no solicitors sticker on the door. I just answer the door, smile, and listen to their little speech. They invite me to their church and hand me a paper. I say goodbye. Takes about five minutes and they leave happy that someone listened to them. Five minutes to a couple people happy is worth it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881145 Mar 28, 2013
Oh? Where Would Evangelicals Go?

Mike Huckabee warns that if the GOP caves on same-sex marriage, Evangelicals will walk. I don’t believe it. This is an empty threat. Huckabee and I are on the same side of the SSM question, so for “Evangelicals” you might as well substitute “social conservatives.” I think very few of us will abandon the Republican Party over this issue. Why would we, given the alternative would be a Democratic Party that’s more hostile to our values and concerns?

If he’s talking about Evangelicals and other social conservatives walking away from political engagement within the GOP, and on behalf of GOP candidates, he may have a point. If they decide that the party has surrendered on the issues that are most important to them, that can’t help but reduce enthusiasm and engagement. It’s not quite the same thing, but in the wake of the Iraq War and the economic crash, and the subsequent inability of the Republican Party to do anything but double down on its ideology, I quit identifying as a Republican, changed my registration to Independent, and now consider myself simply a conservative. I am more likely to vote Republican than Democrat, given my convictions, but I’m not nearly the automatic Republican vote that I used to be, while also not becoming enthusiastic in the least about Democrats.

Point is, the GOP alienated me from politics in general. The only reason I retain a likelihood to vote Republican for national office is over social issues, especially same-sex marriage and abortion and, relatedly, religious liberty. If the GOP gives these up, there will be no strong reason at all for me — or the group Thomas Kidd calls “paleo-Evangelicals”— to privilege voting Republican over Democratic.

But that’s me. Most Evangelicals, and I would guess most social conservatives, hold Republican views on foreign policy, national security, and economics; Huckabee certainly does. That being the case, why should they walk away from the GOP in a snit over SSM? It doesn’t make sense. That’s why this is an empty threat from Huckabee.

[Note: Please keep your comments confined to the political dynamics of this issue. I don't want to hear the tiresome old "bigot, bigot, bigot, bigot, bigot" claptrap, or generalized complaining about SSM, and won't publish those comments.-- RD]

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...
Nuculur option

Seminole, FL

#881146 Mar 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
about orgasm i don't know, but some of them have multiple vaginas.
LOL... Your deranged creativity is your lack of intelligent thinking having fun sonicfiller...

Since: Jun 12

Hanoi, Vietnam

#881147 Mar 28, 2013
This is what I am looking for now, it’s lucky that I found it here, do you often share your experience with other people? It’s really great.I think it’s very meaningful website and I hope will often share this website so that everyone can communicate to have more knowledge. Thank you.
----------
[url=http://www.doragamess.com /]dora games[/url]
[url=http://www.freegamesonlin e247.com/]free games online[/url]
[url=http://www.cubefieldflash .com/]cubefied[/url]
[url=http://www.friv2345.com/] friv 2[/url]
[url=http://www.bubbleshooterg ames.biz/]bubble shooter[/url]

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#881148 Mar 28, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>'Obama grew up hating it.' Where do you idiots come up with this stuff? Common sense which you all appear to be lacking in would suggest if someone hated a place you wouldn't seek out to become it's leader.
Inflated narcissistic conceit told him he was just the man to do it. Of course, once the old America is sufficiently castigated, the new America will necessarily reflect his personal brand of democracy... or so he fantasizes.

Am I free to insult YOU now?

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#881149 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
funny how that works out. If they were 2 men dressed as girls collecting money for free abortions for underage girls you would have welcomed them into your home and shared you bottle of mad dog with them.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#881150 Mar 28, 2013
NEW HAVEN, Conn.— An arsenal of weapons including guns, hundreds of rounds of ammunition, a bayonet and several swords was found in the home and car of the gunman who carried out the Newtown school shooting, according to search warrants released Thursday.
Adam Lanza killed 26 people inside Sandy Hook Elementary School and took his own life within five minutes of shooting his way into the building, State's Attorney Stephen J. Sedensky III said in a statement accompanying the release of the warrants in the Dec. 14 massacre. Lanza was found dead in the school wearing military-style
clothing
Investigators found articles on other shootings and a holiday card containing a check made out to Adam Lanza for the purchase of a firearm, authored by his mother, Nancy Lanza.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/newt...
Nancy Lanza, registered republican; Adam Lanza, not registered to vote (for the benefit of the lying loser who keeps saying all the mass murderers in the last fifty years voted democratic.) Don't you think Nancy did a great job of defending her second amendment rights--cold, dead hands and all that.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#881151 Mar 28, 2013
Think I'll go have have a baked potato and steak with steamed shrimp for lunch.

TTFN
carol

Orlando, FL

#881152 Mar 28, 2013
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> funny how that works out. If they were 2 men dressed as girls collecting money for free abortions for underage girls you would have welcomed them into your home and shared you bottle of mad dog with them.
Boy, you certainly have some interesting visitors in your neighborhood, all I ever get are Jehovah's witnesses.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#881153 Mar 28, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Inflated narcissistic conceit told him he was just the man to do it. Of course, once the old America is sufficiently castigated, the new America will necessarily reflect his personal brand of democracy... or so he fantasizes.
More mad eup bs. Sure, you don't need my permission, it's a free country.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#881155 Mar 28, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Mighty Dumb Builder,

Your comments are insult enough to anyone with a brain.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#881156 Mar 28, 2013
The president integrity is on the line!! Obama drew a Redline and warn Assad if he used Chemical Weapons against his people that would be in his words’ crossing the Line’ by all reports Assad has cross that Line!! Will Obama’s response to Assad be a strong one or will he use a balance approach and say Nothing!!

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#881157 Mar 28, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I have these two little ole black ladies come by about every other week. They knock and ting the bell even though there is no solicitors sticker on the door. I just answer the door, smile, and listen to their little speech. They invite me to their church and hand me a paper. I say goodbye. Takes about five minutes and they leave happy that someone listened to them. Five minutes to a couple people happy is worth it.
See, Flack isn't all bad.
carol

Orlando, FL

#881158 Mar 28, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Nancy Lanza, registered republican; Adam Lanza, not registered to vote (for the benefit of the lying loser who keeps saying all the mass murderers in the last fifty years voted democratic.) Don't you think Nancy did a great job of defending her second amendment rights--cold, dead hands and all that.
She certainly did. She did the best she could to be both mom and dad to the boy but in a liberal hellhole like Connecticut how could she possibly hope to do it? A child, particularly a child having paranoid homicidal delusions, needs two parents at home to monitor him carefully and see that he has all the guns and ammunition he needs should the rage ever build up to the point where he might feel the need to express it.

When I was a girl in Illinois my mother and father worked hard to make sure that one of them would always be around, or, at least Uncle Bill when all else failed. In this way I was able to grow to young womanhood secure in the knowledge that I was loved and cared for properly.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#881159 Mar 28, 2013
"Sonia Sotomayor Question On Gay Marriage Leaves Lawyer Stumped"

"Outside of the marriage context, can you think of any other rational basis, reason, for a state using sexual orientation as a factor in denying homosexuals benefits? Or imposing burdens on them? Is there any other decision-making that the government could make -- denying them a job, not granting them benefits of some sort, any other decision?"

(Here's the funny part!)
----------

"Charles Cooper, the attorney arguing against gay marriage for the state of California, struggled to find a response.

“Your Honor, I cannot,” Cooper said.“I, I do not have, uh, uh, any, uh, anything to offer you in that regard.”

“If they’re a class that makes any other discrimination improper, irrational, then why aren’t we treating them as a class for this one benefit?” Sotomayor then asked.

Cooper answered that marriage needed to be protected because of “responsible procreation” is a “vital” interest to the state and society and because “same-sex couples and opposite-sex couples are simply not similarly situated.”

----------

Modern technology has proven Cooper's answer to be a lie. Even conservatives use artificial insemination!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL 71,197
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Learn to Read 182,040
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 53 min PEllen 98,873
Dear Abby 12-25 1 hr PEllen 1
amy 12-25 1 hr PEllen 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Homo Erectus 49,309
Incredible Shots Of Chicago From The Internatio... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:09 pm PST