Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
810,381 - 810,400 of 1,078,894 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't hold your breathe, they haven't figured it out yet-and would rather blame the potus of the time, or the even more lunaTic ones-call it all an "inside plotted conspiracy".
Nutcases.
One more time, Methmouth, what's the difference between breath and breathe? "inside plotted conspiracy"??? Now that's floDUH's kind of stupid...got teeth?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not even embarrassed you didn't know there were 13 colonies in the first presidential election?
So which Liberal Progressive Secularist Elementary School did you attend - which is more to the point since you've already embarrassed yourself.
'Colonies' suggests they were still part of Great Britain, colonies don't vote for president. We are after all the United States of America, not the United Colonies of America.

And technically -

Only ten states out of the original thirteen cast electoral votes in this election. North Carolina and Rhode Island were ineligible to participate as they had not yet ratified the United States Constitution. New York failed to appoint its allotment of eight electors because of a deadlock in the state legislature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_pr...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

GOPigs controlled the House, Senate and WHite House in 2003. Right through to 2007.

So all you've proven is that Bush's own Party ignored him, at best.

But even that is a lie, as Bush was out front in promoting home ownership and pushing for loans for all.

You've been proven to be a liar on this issue before.

So you wait awhile and roll out the same lies again.

Not working, Carol. The collapse of the economy is on Bush, as indicated in the history books.

You're a liar and a fool.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush and Bernacke tried to warn Congress of the impending housing market crisis numerous times beginning in 2003. It was your precious Democrats who resisted any oversight because most of them were on F&F's payroll.
You can thank Bush for fixing the mess Clinton made with a communication breakdown between the FBI and CIA to cover his own ass and the controversy of donations by the Chinese.
You can thank Bush for putting into place effective measures to keep your ass safe after disrupting numerous terrorist plots and more attacks - one being the LAX airport.
You can thank Bush for making Obama's job a helluva lot easier not having to worry about Saddam in the Middle East while pursuing his own wars which is creating a whole new kind of animosity towards the U.S. because of his accleration of drones.
What has Obama done to make us any safer?
The answer is nothing. Why? Because he is following exactly in Bush's policies and anti-terrorist strategic footsteps.
You can thank Bush for that too.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>'Easily recognized'??? There were roughly 2.8 million people in the 13 original states around that time, you're not suggesting they all knew each other. Are you?
I imagine most people were known in the district where they voted. Towns were not that large.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The "kid" (probably an O'Keefe in waiting) was not suspended. He's a professional Mormon, part-time publicity seeker, who went to the dean (and the news media) to launch a complaint. He was told he could forego attendance while the incident was being investigated.
Isn't your Chicken Little routine getting rather stale at this stage in your life?
Thank you for waving your liberal sign of intolerance once again.

He was most definitely suspended. Only because of public outcry did these liberals tuck their tails between their legs, apologize and reverse the decision.

But you would have fired that lifeguard for saving a person's life because of a liberal politically correct policy and then gone crawling back to offer him his job back after another public outcry and other lifeguards quitting in protest.

Liberals do the right thing only when doing the wrong thing backfires.

Maybe you can explain that to me. I've never quite understood that mentality.

Pretty sure you would know.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

BTW Jane is Pissing on the Constitution. As for the Pussing part, you'll have to ask her
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Says dumb carol that implied everyone knew each other.
Pretty sure they had some idea what the Founding Fathers looked like - which is what Homer was questioning.

I said things probably went a lot smoother because there were only 13 colonies.

But I understand critical thinking isn't most liberals' forte.
dem N ted

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your Brooklyn ip, pusscccee?
ghettobottomfeedingObamaworshi pperpusscceefckfaceforsure say what?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

And you ran with it and made up nonsensical crap about the original 13 Colonies, as if they were all members of the same family or at least kissin' cousins. As usual, pure bullshit!!

No wonder. FL only became a State in 1845. Figures you'd be clueless about the Founding Fathers and the original 13 Colonies.

I live in one of the original colonies, CT dates back to 1635.

FL was a Spanish colony when our Constitution was written.

You newcomers know little about the founding of our nation. Your ancestors were bowing to the Spanish Crown while mine were forming the USA.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You only mentioned the Founding Fathers, Homer, remember?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I imagine most people were known in the district where they voted. Towns were not that large.
Now imagine that plenty of people are still known in their small rural districts where their name and address has been on the voting list for decades, your grandfather for instance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

What liberals, you nasty little liar??

He was suspended by a Private Company. How do you equate that with liberals??

Are you now saying private companies can't operate based on their own written policies??

You've once again made a complete asshole out of yourself for attempting to blame Gov't on this decision.

It was an employee of a private company hired to provide lifeguards.

Here's the company;

""Welcome to Jeff Ellis Management
The premiere aquatic management program

Approaching ten years of unparalleled standards in aquatic facility management, our program boasts levels of safety and professionalism one would expect from a world-class resort. From the sandy beaches of South Florida, to the world famous beaches in Hawaii, the Jeff Ellis Management teams objective is simple: To provide the absolute highest standards of aquatic safety in a positive and professional manner. Our staff receives ongoing training in areas of accident prevention, emergency procedures, and customer service. This assures that your guests will have an enjoyable experience at a Jeff Ellis Managed facility, and most importantly a protected one.""

https://jeffellismanagement.com/

----------
Quit being a jerk, if possible.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for waving your liberal sign of intolerance once again.
He was most definitely suspended. Only because of public outcry did these liberals tuck their tails between their legs, apologize and reverse the decision.
But you would have fired that lifeguard for saving a person's life because of a liberal politically correct policy and then gone crawling back to offer him his job back after another public outcry and other lifeguards quitting in protest.
Liberals do the right thing only when doing the wrong thing backfires.
Maybe you can explain that to me. I've never quite understood that mentality.
Pretty sure you would know.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure they had some idea what the Founding Fathers looked like - which is what Homer was questioning.
I said things probably went a lot smoother because there were only 13 colonies.
But I understand critical thinking isn't most liberals' forte.
I said forefathers not founding fathers, Carol with her typical spin. And you missed the point as usual.

I never made reference to a specific individual but a group of individuals(our forefathers).

I've yet to see any critical thinking from you, you take everything at face value, although you are good at spinning things to suit your needs.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
And the sicko left wing liberals aren't aren't trying to indoctrinate todays youth in schools?
Frankly both the left wing and the right wing need to go jump off a pier and lets those in the middle of political spectrum have the reins. They certainly couldn't do any worse.
The textbooks come out of Texas.....nitwit!!

So it's the sicko liberals of TX who are trying to indoctrinate our nation's youth.

Gawd, you're stupid!!

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2012...
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
BTW Jane is Pissing on the Constitution. As for the Pussing part, you'll have to ask her
Pissing on the Constitution. what the Obama administration has made into an art form.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that was then and this is now.
Okay let me hear your theory, why is most of the south Republican today when it used to be Democrat?
Since Malcolm made those comments… Nothing has changed since the 60s Blacks still economically depress and still voting for Democrats!!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've yet to see any critical thinking from you, you take everything at face value, although you are good at spinning things to suit your needs.
Well, I do when reason dictates it. What's the point in thinking about things that have already been well thought out? Don't be so foolish, Homer!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Conservative justices stress federal overreach in gay marriage case

""A majority of Supreme Court justices expressed concern about a federal law that excludes same-sex couples from marriage in the court's second gay marriage case in history on Wednesday. The probing questions from both wings of the court suggest the law could be struck down in a victory for the gay rights movement, just a day after it appeared unlikely the court would decide the Proposition 8 California case in a way that affirmed gay marriage.
At the arguments, the court's conservative leaning justices asked pointed questions about whether the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act intrudes into states' traditional right to regulate marriage, while the more liberal justices seemed amenable to the argument that DOMA discriminates against gay people and was passed with the intention of excluding an unpopular group. The law prohibits the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages even in the nine states and District of Columbia that allow them.
Key swing vote Anthony Kennedy, who has written two landmark opinions upholding gay rights, seemed unconvinced by the argument advanced by attorney Paul Clement that DOMA defines marriage as only between opposite-sex couples to avoid confusion. Clement said that the federal government has an interest in "uniformity," and passed the law to avoid having to treat same-sex couples differently based on whether they live in states that allow gay marriage or not. But Kennedy pointed out that DOMA excludes gay couples from marriage in more than 1,100 federal statutes and laws, which has a substantial impact on the "day to day life" of gay couples and their children. He said the law does not provide uniformity because it affects "only one aspect of marriage."
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg interjected that excluding married couples from sick leave, tax benefits, Social Security survivor benefits, and hundreds of other federal benefits and obligations relegates same-sex couples to a "skim milk marriage," that is substantially worse than what heterosexual couples have access to.
Kennedy joined with conservative colleagues Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito in asking tough questions about whether the federal government was overreaching with the statute. Kennedy said DOMA did not seem to recognize states's "historical" responsibility for marriage and said he thinks the central question of the case is whether the federal government has the authority to regulate marriage.""

----------

You nitwits are on the verge of losing another of your social hatred issues!!~

I'm lovin' it!!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Pissing on the Constitution. what the Obama administration has made into an art form.
Well, we know good art when we see it and Obama pissing isn't it. My dad could sign his name in the snow, right down to dotting the "i." Oh it all seems so long ago now...
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Doubling down on carols dumb.
Hey idiot there are approx. 3 million people in Chicago.
I don't know 2,998,000 of them.
next you'll say Carol was socially promoted, like she's an inner city Democrat.

and we're not surprised 2,998,000 people shun you.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

You know, Jane, I was just wondering... do you think George Bush set up an easel in the tub or did he just draw his toes from memory? You don't suppose there are photos somewhere? I imagine it gets lonely spending your entire retirement in Texas?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,501
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 18 min truth 48,862
Amy 7-23 21 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min TRD 67,891
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 56 min Hatti_Hollerand 458
Amy 7-22 1 hr Julie 14
Abby 7-23 5 hr PEllen 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••