Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#880993 Mar 27, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Carol, the lieberals will heap scorn on him as an 'Uncle Tom' and her as a 'turncoat'. Never underestimate the lieberal media. They can be vicious with someone they considered an ally, and now doesn't 'tow the mark'. Just watch.....
Sorry you were duped because I enjoy reading your posts. But you responded to my cowardly namesake.

Still agree with what you said anyway.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#880994 Mar 27, 2013
Limbaugh: Bill O'Reilly And Megyn Kelly "Marginalized" Fox Viewers Who Oppose Marriage Equality As "Bible Thumpers"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/03/27/limb...
carol

Orlando, FL

#880995 Mar 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>GOP Strategist Frank Luntz:‘Conservatives Should Not Be Defending Capitalism’
Frank Luntz own words and he is right Capitalism is a Marxist Idea.
"Conservatives should not be defending capitalism. They should be defending economic freedom. And there is a difference. The word capitalism was created by Karl Marx to demonize those people who make a profit. We’ve always talked about the free enterprise system or economic freedom. Suddenly, they’re trying to defend something that has only 18 percent support."
http://peoplesworld.org/it-s-official-capital...
If Marx was demonizing making a profit, does it really matter what he chose to call it if making a profit is what he was really demonizing?

But still an excellent point. Economic freedom. I like that much better.

Does Obama demonize making a profit? Or just demonize capitalism?

This president can be so confusing sometimes.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880996 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Reagan administration enacted 'redistribution' of wealth
Gergen also noted that the Reagan administration was responsible for enacting the Earned Income Tax Credit, an extremely successful redistribution program which returns money to the working poor.
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Gergen_Reagan_s...
raised taxes, huge deficit, blah blah blah Marxist.
The key word is "earned".

The credit was provided to offset the burden of social security taxes and also to promote an incentive to work.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#880997 Mar 27, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading your racist tripe long enough gives me a clear understanding of why black males comprise the largest segment of prison populations. Fix yourself.
Only black racist scumbags would shoot a baby and kill it.
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#880998 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Limbaugh: Bill O'Reilly And Megyn Kelly "Marginalized" Fox Viewers Who Oppose Marriage Equality As "Bible Thumpers"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2013/03/27/limb...
r u still kissing O'Reilly's ass?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#880999 Mar 27, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word is "earned".
The credit was provided to offset the burden of social security taxes and also to promote an incentive to work.
Reagan the Redistributor: Check Out the Earned Income Tax Credit

The Obama tax program involves increasing by a whopping 4% the tax rate for those whose adjusted gross income is over $250,000, and reducing taxes on everyone else.

Republicans have rightly pointed out that 40% of American households do not pay income tax -- although they more often wrongly just stop at saying that they do not pay taxes, period. From the second, wrong, statement, they assert that giving money to those who do not pay taxes is welfare, socialism and, now, communism.

Actually, these lower income people do pay taxes -- payroll taxes and medicare taxes that are quite significant. Lest anyone become apoplectic that revenues from those taxes are not part of the budget, think again: the social security trust fund has been making up the deficits in the US budget for decades. If it were not for appropriating the surplus in the social security trust fund, even the Republican Congress would have found it difficult to enact its tax cuts.

But even if that were not true, and that the social security trust fund were indeed in a 'lock-box', the Republicans have a bigger problem: the earned income tax credit ("EITC") that was enacted by Gerald Ford and then re-enacted and expanded in 1986 by... could it be, don't tell me, say it ain't so!... Ronald Reagan.

The EITC uses tax revenues (derived from our progressive tax system) to provide additional income to people below certain income levels under a formula so that it gradually phases out as incomes increases. Qualifying families receive a monthly check from the government.

So, Ronald Reagan was a redistributor. That must mean he was a socialist, even a communist.

That's what happens when you pal around with Mikhail Gorbachev.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-abrams/rea...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881000 Mar 27, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
r u still kissing O'Reilly's ass?
nope. but i suspect that carol won't be anymore.

Fox News Channel host Bill O’Reilly argued Tuesday that opponents of same-sex marriage have not “been able to do anything but thump the Bible.”

“The compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals,” O’Reilly said.“That’s where the compelling argument is. We’re Americans. We just want to be treated like everybody else. That is a compelling argument and to deny that, you’ve got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn’t been able to do anything but thump the Bible.”

...Conservative talker Rush Limbaugh reacted to O’Reilly remarks Wednesday by accusing him of marginalizing so-called “Bible-thumpers,” which Limbaugh said made up a portion of the Fox News Channel audience.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/27/limbaugh-hi...
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#881001 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan the Redistributor: Check Out the Earned Income Tax Credit
The Obama tax program involves increasing by a whopping 4% the tax rate for those whose adjusted gross income is over $250,000, and reducing taxes on everyone else.
Republicans have rightly pointed out that 40% of American households do not pay income tax -- although they more often wrongly just stop at saying that they do not pay taxes, period. From the second, wrong, statement, they assert that giving money to those who do not pay taxes is welfare, socialism and, now, communism.
Actually, these lower income people do pay taxes -- payroll taxes and medicare taxes that are quite significant. Lest anyone become apoplectic that revenues from those taxes are not part of the budget, think again: the social security trust fund has been making up the deficits in the US budget for decades. If it were not for appropriating the surplus in the social security trust fund, even the Republican Congress would have found it difficult to enact its tax cuts.
But even if that were not true, and that the social security trust fund were indeed in a 'lock-box', the Republicans have a bigger problem: the earned income tax credit ("EITC") that was enacted by Gerald Ford and then re-enacted and expanded in 1986 by... could it be, don't tell me, say it ain't so!... Ronald Reagan.
The EITC uses tax revenues (derived from our progressive tax system) to provide additional income to people below certain income levels under a formula so that it gradually phases out as incomes increases. Qualifying families receive a monthly check from the government.
So, Ronald Reagan was a redistributor. That must mean he was a socialist, even a communist.
That's what happens when you pal around with Mikhail Gorbachev.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-abrams/rea...
What's Reagan have to do with the lying failure Obama?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#881002 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. but i suspect that carol won't be anymore.
Fox News Channel host Bill O’Reilly argued Tuesday that opponents of same-sex marriage have not “been able to do anything but thump the Bible.”
“The compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals,” O’Reilly said.“That’s where the compelling argument is. We’re Americans. We just want to be treated like everybody else. That is a compelling argument and to deny that, you’ve got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn’t been able to do anything but thump the Bible.”
...Conservative talker Rush Limbaugh reacted to O’Reilly remarks Wednesday by accusing him of marginalizing so-called “Bible-thumpers,” which Limbaugh said made up a portion of the Fox News Channel audience.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/27/limbaugh-hi...
I couldn't tell you one frikking thing Madcow or Tingles Mathews said today, why are you such an expert on O'Reilly and Limbaugh?
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#881003 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. but i suspect that carol won't be anymore.
Fox News Channel host Bill O’Reilly argued Tuesday that opponents of same-sex marriage have not “been able to do anything but thump the Bible.”
“The compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals,” O’Reilly said.“That’s where the compelling argument is. We’re Americans. We just want to be treated like everybody else. That is a compelling argument and to deny that, you’ve got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn’t been able to do anything but thump the Bible.”
...Conservative talker Rush Limbaugh reacted to O’Reilly remarks Wednesday by accusing him of marginalizing so-called “Bible-thumpers,” which Limbaugh said made up a portion of the Fox News Channel audience.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/27/limbaugh-hi...
If you hadn't noticed, Barry Oblamer is our national "bibler thumper".
Leadville Lou

Denver, CO

#881004 Mar 27, 2013
"Bible" not "bibler, that's what Sonic does.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881005 Mar 27, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Reagan have to do with the lying failure Obama?
Reaganphones.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881006 Mar 27, 2013
Leadville Lou wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't tell you one frikking thing Madcow or Tingles Mathews said today, why are you such an expert on O'Reilly and Limbaugh?
by responding you just answered your own question.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#881007 Mar 27, 2013
Reagan: The Great American Socialist

http://archive.truthout.org/032009r

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#881008 Mar 27, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If Marx was demonizing making a profit, does it really matter what he chose to call it if making a profit is what he was really demonizing?
But still an excellent point. Economic freedom. I like that much better.
Does Obama demonize making a profit? Or just demonize capitalism?
This president can be so confusing sometimes.
I know but when they say they want Economic Freedom they are still advocating some form Of Socialism because they still are advocating and wanting the Federal Government to still be the Moderator in Economical Activity which is the problem as we can see today where the Federal Government is involved and was involved and partly responsible for the 2008 Financial Crisis too and proved that it can be detrimental too as we have seen in the past from previous acts passed by Congress like the Humphrey–Hawkins Full Employment Act, Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act and by previous Administrations by the use of executive orders.

Humphrey–Hawkins Full Employment Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Employment_...

Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%E2%80%93Le...
carol

Orlando, FL

#881009 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. but i suspect that carol won't be anymore.
Fox News Channel host Bill O’Reilly argued Tuesday that opponents of same-sex marriage have not “been able to do anything but thump the Bible.”
“The compelling argument is on the side of homosexuals,” O’Reilly said.“That’s where the compelling argument is. We’re Americans. We just want to be treated like everybody else. That is a compelling argument and to deny that, you’ve got to have a very strong argument on the other side. And the other side hasn’t been able to do anything but thump the Bible.”
...Conservative talker Rush Limbaugh reacted to O’Reilly remarks Wednesday by accusing him of marginalizing so-called “Bible-thumpers,” which Limbaugh said made up a portion of the Fox News Channel audience.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/27/limbaugh-hi...
He's right. Most people just know it's wrong. On both sides of the fence. Even in France.

The only argument necessary is that it will open up a Pandora's Box once marriage is redefined. It won't be long before polygamists will be demanding their right to marry multiple partners.

And who would we be to say no to them after saying yes to gay couples? Wouldn't polygamists have the right to the kind of lifestyle they choose too?

Or incestuous relationships, say, between cousins or other distant or even close relatives?

There are some things you just don't mess around with.
carol

Orlando, FL

#881010 Mar 27, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I know but when they say they want Economic Freedom they are still advocating some form Of Socialism because they still are advocating and wanting the Federal Government to still be the Moderator in Economical Activity which is the problem as we can see today where the Federal Government is involved and was involved and partly responsible for the 2008 Financial Crisis too and proved that it can be detrimental too as we have seen in the past from previous acts passed by Congress like the Humphrey–Hawkins Full Employment Act, Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act and by previous Administrations by the use of executive orders.
Humphrey–Hawkins Full Employment Act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Employment_...
Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm%E2%80%93Le...
Who are "they"?

Minimal government oversight to protect consumers is all that's needed. The free market will regulate itself.
carol

Orlando, FL

#881011 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Reagan: The Great American Socialist
http://archive.truthout.org/032009r
While Reagan signed off on tax increases proposed by Congress, he rarey proposed tax increases himself.

Reagan publicly advocated closing tax "loopholes" and spoke often of tax fairness.

In Reagan's memoir, "An American Life" he wrote: "I made a deal with the congressional Democrats in 1982, agreeing to support a limited loophole-closing tax increase to raise more than $98.3 billion over three years in return for their agreement to cut spending by $280 billion during the same period; later the Democrats reneged on their pledge, and we never got those cuts."

Nothing's changed. We're still waiting for Obama and Democrats to follow through with their balanced approach of cutting spending after Republicans agreed to raise taxes.

Getting late. Night.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#881012 Mar 27, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are "they"?
Minimal government oversight to protect consumers is all that's needed. The free market will regulate itself.
They I am referring to as the majority members of Society and Alan Greenspan said too in Congressional hearings "free markets can police themselves" and look at what happened in 2008 if left unregulated which proved Marxs right that the whole economical system will destroy itself if left to regulate itself.

Greenspan: There is NO Free Market

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min loose cannon 184,774
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr GayleWood 51,325
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 51,334
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,698
Dear Abby 2-26-15 7 hr PEllen 1
Amy 2-26-15 7 hr PEllen 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 11 hr Red_Forman 502
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:10 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:10PM
Bears Latest Free Agency News
Bleacher Report12:01 AM
Colts' DL Needs Drastic Growth with Jean Francois Release
NFL 4:47 PM
Indianapolis Colts sign Matt Hasselbeck to extension
Bleacher Report 5:03 PM
Matt Hasselbeck and Colts Agree on New Contract: Latest Details, Reaction
ESPN 5:56 PM
Hasselbeck inks 1-year extension with Colts