Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#880733 Mar 27, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I imagine most people were known in the district where they voted. Towns were not that large.
Now imagine that plenty of people are still known in their small rural districts where their name and address has been on the voting list for decades, your grandfather for instance.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#880734 Mar 27, 2013
What liberals, you nasty little liar??

He was suspended by a Private Company. How do you equate that with liberals??

Are you now saying private companies can't operate based on their own written policies??

You've once again made a complete asshole out of yourself for attempting to blame Gov't on this decision.

It was an employee of a private company hired to provide lifeguards.

Here's the company;

""Welcome to Jeff Ellis Management
The premiere aquatic management program

Approaching ten years of unparalleled standards in aquatic facility management, our program boasts levels of safety and professionalism one would expect from a world-class resort. From the sandy beaches of South Florida, to the world famous beaches in Hawaii, the Jeff Ellis Management teams objective is simple: To provide the absolute highest standards of aquatic safety in a positive and professional manner. Our staff receives ongoing training in areas of accident prevention, emergency procedures, and customer service. This assures that your guests will have an enjoyable experience at a Jeff Ellis Managed facility, and most importantly a protected one.""

https://jeffellismanagement.com/

----------
Quit being a jerk, if possible.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for waving your liberal sign of intolerance once again.
He was most definitely suspended. Only because of public outcry did these liberals tuck their tails between their legs, apologize and reverse the decision.
But you would have fired that lifeguard for saving a person's life because of a liberal politically correct policy and then gone crawling back to offer him his job back after another public outcry and other lifeguards quitting in protest.
Liberals do the right thing only when doing the wrong thing backfires.
Maybe you can explain that to me. I've never quite understood that mentality.
Pretty sure you would know.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#880735 Mar 27, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure they had some idea what the Founding Fathers looked like - which is what Homer was questioning.
I said things probably went a lot smoother because there were only 13 colonies.
But I understand critical thinking isn't most liberals' forte.
I said forefathers not founding fathers, Carol with her typical spin. And you missed the point as usual.

I never made reference to a specific individual but a group of individuals(our forefathers).

I've yet to see any critical thinking from you, you take everything at face value, although you are good at spinning things to suit your needs.

Location hidden

#880736 Mar 27, 2013
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
And the sicko left wing liberals aren't aren't trying to indoctrinate todays youth in schools?
Frankly both the left wing and the right wing need to go jump off a pier and lets those in the middle of political spectrum have the reins. They certainly couldn't do any worse.
The textbooks come out of Texas.....nitwit!!

So it's the sicko liberals of TX who are trying to indoctrinate our nation's youth.

Gawd, you're stupid!!

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2012...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#880739 Mar 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
BTW Jane is Pissing on the Constitution. As for the Pussing part, you'll have to ask her
Pissing on the Constitution. what the Obama administration has made into an art form.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#880740 Mar 27, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, that was then and this is now.
Okay let me hear your theory, why is most of the south Republican today when it used to be Democrat?
Since Malcolm made those comments… Nothing has changed since the 60s Blacks still economically depress and still voting for Democrats!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#880741 Mar 27, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've yet to see any critical thinking from you, you take everything at face value, although you are good at spinning things to suit your needs.
Well, I do when reason dictates it. What's the point in thinking about things that have already been well thought out? Don't be so foolish, Homer!

Location hidden

#880742 Mar 27, 2013
Conservative justices stress federal overreach in gay marriage case

""A majority of Supreme Court justices expressed concern about a federal law that excludes same-sex couples from marriage in the court's second gay marriage case in history on Wednesday. The probing questions from both wings of the court suggest the law could be struck down in a victory for the gay rights movement, just a day after it appeared unlikely the court would decide the Proposition 8 California case in a way that affirmed gay marriage.
At the arguments, the court's conservative leaning justices asked pointed questions about whether the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act intrudes into states' traditional right to regulate marriage, while the more liberal justices seemed amenable to the argument that DOMA discriminates against gay people and was passed with the intention of excluding an unpopular group. The law prohibits the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages even in the nine states and District of Columbia that allow them.
Key swing vote Anthony Kennedy, who has written two landmark opinions upholding gay rights, seemed unconvinced by the argument advanced by attorney Paul Clement that DOMA defines marriage as only between opposite-sex couples to avoid confusion. Clement said that the federal government has an interest in "uniformity," and passed the law to avoid having to treat same-sex couples differently based on whether they live in states that allow gay marriage or not. But Kennedy pointed out that DOMA excludes gay couples from marriage in more than 1,100 federal statutes and laws, which has a substantial impact on the "day to day life" of gay couples and their children. He said the law does not provide uniformity because it affects "only one aspect of marriage."
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg interjected that excluding married couples from sick leave, tax benefits, Social Security survivor benefits, and hundreds of other federal benefits and obligations relegates same-sex couples to a "skim milk marriage," that is substantially worse than what heterosexual couples have access to.
Kennedy joined with conservative colleagues Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito in asking tough questions about whether the federal government was overreaching with the statute. Kennedy said DOMA did not seem to recognize states's "historical" responsibility for marriage and said he thinks the central question of the case is whether the federal government has the authority to regulate marriage.""

----------

You nitwits are on the verge of losing another of your social hatred issues!!~

I'm lovin' it!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#880743 Mar 27, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Pissing on the Constitution. what the Obama administration has made into an art form.
Well, we know good art when we see it and Obama pissing isn't it. My dad could sign his name in the snow, right down to dotting the "i." Oh it all seems so long ago now...
Jane Says

New York, NY

#880744 Mar 27, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Doubling down on carols dumb.
Hey idiot there are approx. 3 million people in Chicago.
I don't know 2,998,000 of them.
next you'll say Carol was socially promoted, like she's an inner city Democrat.

and we're not surprised 2,998,000 people shun you.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880745 Mar 27, 2013
You know, Jane, I was just wondering... do you think George Bush set up an easel in the tub or did he just draw his toes from memory? You don't suppose there are photos somewhere? I imagine it gets lonely spending your entire retirement in Texas?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#880746 Mar 27, 2013
It's going to be fun listening to the howls of anger and disgust the rest of this year as the sheeple start to realize they have been duped!!! LMAO!!!

Location hidden

#880747 Mar 27, 2013
Never occurred to you that most blacks disagree with the radicalism of Malcolm X??

Or is your stupidity that overwhelming??

Macolm X never had the support of black Americans.

Malcolm X was a revolutionary and a Radical Muslim. For you to use him as a prop only shows what a moron you are.

Still seething over Rmoney's loss, I see.

Deal with it, you uneducated fool!!
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Since Malcolm made those comments… Nothing has changed since the 60s Blacks still economically depress and still voting for Democrats!!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#880748 Mar 27, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Conservative justices stress federal overreach in gay marriage case
""A majority of Supreme Court justices expressed concern about a federal law that excludes same-sex couples from marriage in the court's second gay marriage case in history on Wednesday. The probing questions from both wings of the court suggest the law could be struck down in a victory for the gay rights movement, just a day after it appeared unlikely the court would decide the Proposition 8 California case in a way that affirmed gay marriage.
At the arguments, the court's conservative leaning justices asked pointed questions about whether the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act intrudes into states' traditional right to regulate marriage, while the more liberal justices seemed amenable to the argument that DOMA discriminates against gay people and was passed with the intention of excluding an unpopular group. The law prohibits the federal government from recognizing same-sex marriages even in the nine states and District of Columbia that allow them.
Key swing vote Anthony Kennedy, who has written two landmark opinions upholding gay rights, seemed unconvinced by the argument advanced by attorney Paul Clement that DOMA defines marriage as only between opposite-sex couples to avoid confusion. Clement said that the federal government has an interest in "uniformity," and passed the law to avoid having to treat same-sex couples differently based on whether they live in states that allow gay marriage or not. But Kennedy pointed out that DOMA excludes gay couples from marriage in more than 1,100 federal statutes and laws, which has a substantial impact on the "day to day life" of gay couples and their children. He said the law does not provide uniformity because it affects "only one aspect of marriage."
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg interjected that excluding married couples from sick leave, tax benefits, Social Security survivor benefits, and hundreds of other federal benefits and obligations relegates same-sex couples to a "skim milk marriage," that is substantially worse than what heterosexual couples have access to.
Kennedy joined with conservative colleagues Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito in asking tough questions about whether the federal government was overreaching with the statute. Kennedy said DOMA did not seem to recognize states's "historical" responsibility for marriage and said he thinks the central question of the case is whether the federal government has the authority to regulate marriage.""
----------
You nitwits are on the verge of losing another of your social hatred issues!!~
I'm lovin' it!!
yeah, yeah. and gay marriage will be legal and no longer an issue. and then liberals will demand that men be able to marry underage boys, and rightwingers will object because they're "hateful" and "discriminate." and then that will go to court and pass and no longer be an issue. and then liberals will demand that the words "bride" and "groom" discriminate, because what if a man wants to marry his dog or his pet gerbil? does it matter what sex the animal is? rightwingers will always be so stuffy and outdated.

it'll just never end.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#880749 Mar 27, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for waving your liberal sign of intolerance once again.
He was most definitely suspended. Only because of public outcry did these liberals tuck their tails between their legs, apologize and reverse the decision.
But you would have fired that lifeguard for saving a person's life because of a liberal politically correct policy and then gone crawling back to offer him his job back after another public outcry and other lifeguards quitting in protest.
Liberals do the right thing only when doing the wrong thing backfires.
Maybe you can explain that to me. I've never quite understood that mentality.
Pretty sure you would know.
I call bullshyt
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#880750 Mar 27, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you are here to teach the history teacher history.
I just wish someone would get a hold of all her former students. Can you imagine the historical inaccuracies they are out there spreading through the populace? Although judging from the rightwingers posts on here the damage is probably insurmountable.

Class, what happened after Hitler crashed the Santa Maria into Plymouth Rock, what happened to all the tea?
carol

Orlando, FL

#880751 Mar 27, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>next you'll say Carol was socially promoted, like she's an inner city Democrat.
and we're not surprised 2,998,000 people shun you.
Huh? Is he Amish? No one's ever answered my question, are there any black Amish? Latino?(Pimped out buggy?)

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#880752 Mar 27, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats have been the instigators and propagators of all the racial strife in America since it began. What you are essentially saying is, if we'd had no southern democratic slave states, we wouldn't have had a Civil War. I couldn't agree more.
How did you right whiners get so GD dumb?

Republicans from the South all voted no on the Civil Rights Act.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#880753 Mar 27, 2013
carol wrote:
You know, Jane, I was just wondering... do you think George Bush set up an easel in the tub or did he just draw his toes from memory? You don't suppose there are photos somewhere? I imagine it gets lonely spending your entire retirement in Texas?
if you're really curious, see how Lily handles spending her entire life alone in FL posting on topix and then you'll know. the neighbors call her the Howard Hughes of Boca Raton.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#880754 Mar 27, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I said forefathers not founding fathers, Carol with her typical spin. And you missed the point as usual.
I never made reference to a specific individual but a group of individuals(our forefathers).
Critical thinking is not permitted with evangelicals. I'm serious.
It has been banished in Texas public schools. They think it's against the Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min L Morales 71,257
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 182,095
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,325
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 2 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 3 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]