Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
810,181 - 810,200 of 1,100,625 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#880539 Mar 27, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack lives in El Hierro now? Hey, it was 40 degrees in Florida this morning; can you keep your coldness to yourselves?
Yeah, sorry it's been colder than normal up here too, there is a persistent dip in the jet stream bringing cold air down from Canada, until it flattens out some we expect more of the same.

Just weather patterns folks, they do not equate to global warming or global cooling.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#880540 Mar 27, 2013
A case of road rage escalated into gunplay after shots were fired near Newport, N.C., on Sunday.
Carteret County deputies searched for two suspects -- a man and a woman -- and released cell phone video of the incident. WITN reported that both suspects turned themselves in at Lenoir County Courthouse on Monday.
Update: 3/26, 10:15 a.m.-- WITN reports that the suspects, Christy and Bradley Turner, have been charged. Bradley Turner is charged with discharging a weapon into property, two counts of assault by pointing a gun, going armed to the terror of the people, injury to personal property, and assault. His wife, Christy Turner is charged with two counts of assault by pointing a gun. The couple posted $38,500 bond.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/newp...
Bah, I already posted this link, quit copying Homer. Southern whites are crazy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#880541 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
An Upstate lawmaker is changing a bill he introduced in the state House of Representatives that would ban doctors from discussing gun safety with their patients.
Rep. Joshua Putnam, R-Piedmont, said backlash from doctors around the state has forced him to reconsider the original intent of House Bill 3416.
“Some doctors, they don’t like the way it’s worded right now,” Putnam said.“I’ve been working with the Medical Association. I have an amendment that will make them happy.”
Putnam’s original bill, which 56 other Republican lawmakers have signed on to support, would make it illegal for a doctor to ask a patient if he or she owns a gun. The bill lays out three exceptions — doctors could ask a patient about gun ownership if he was being treated for a gunshot wound, was mentally ill or was being abused.
The amended bill would essentially shore up the status quo, Putnam said. Discussing gun safety with patients would be left up to individual doctors — they can choose to talk about it or not.
Rep. Mike Sottile, R-Isle of Palms, said he supported the original bill, but needs to take “another good, hard look” at it.
“Honestly when it was first presented to me, I thought it made sense,” Sottile said.
When he decided to support the legislation, Sottile said he had not considered how it may be important for pediatricians to talk to young children about gun safety.
“I don’t mind telling you when my daughter came along, I had a handgun and I got rid of it. I didn’t feel comfortable having it in the house,” Sottile said.“I think gun safety is paramount. Whatever you can do to help people own guns and be responsible with them, I don’t have a problem with.”
South Carolina ranks 13th in the country for firearm deaths, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, which tracks a variety of health benchmarks in the U.S.
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2013031...
Why would anyone ban a doctor from speaking to his patients? Who would enforce that? If a person seems suicidal to the doctor, should he not ask the patient if he feels he may hurt himself or if he has a weapon? What the hell is wrong with these rightwingers?
Suicides outnumber murders; no one wants to talk about it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#880543 Mar 27, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave here’s a simple question...Who’s party stood at the door at the University of Alabama in an attempt to block black students access to the university, wire tape Martin Luther King’s office, used fire hoses and k-9 dogs to attack Civil Rights Marches?
Oh fer krisssakes! Are all of you alumni of the U of Dumbville?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#880544 Mar 27, 2013
GOPIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn Beck is no expert.
Wasn't Glenn Beck moran! Somebody who works the floor.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#880545 Mar 27, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave here’s a simple question...Who’s party stood at the door at the University of Alabama in an attempt to block black students access to the university, wire tape Martin Luther King’s office, used fire hoses and k-9 dogs to attack Civil Rights Marches?
Will you pick up a history book, they were southern Democrats, today those same people and their descendants are Republicans. The South used to be all Democrats, do you think they
A. all moved north/west coast or B. became Republicans?
carol

Orlando, FL

#880546 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i read the whole thing. evidently you didn't.
When queried by reporters concerning his views on the assassination of John F. Kennedy in November 1963, Malcolm X famously – and quite charitably, all things considered – replied that it was merely a case of "chickens coming home to roost."
On the morning of September 11, 2001, a few more chickens – along with some half-million dead Iraqi children – came home to roost in a very big way at the twin towers of New York's World Trade Center. Well, actually, a few of them seem to have nestled in at the Pentagon as well.
The Iraqi youngsters, all of them under 12, died as a predictable – in fact, widely predicted – result of the 1991 US "surgical" bombing of their country's water purification and sewage facilities, as well as other "infrastructural" targets upon which Iraq's civilian population depends for its very survival.
If the nature of the bombing were not already bad enough – and it should be noted that this sort of "aerial warfare" constitutes a Class I Crime Against humanity, entailing myriad gross violations of international law, as well as every conceivable standard of "civilized" behavior – the death toll has been steadily ratcheted up by US-imposed sanctions for a full decade now. Enforced all the while by a massive military presence and periodic bombing raids, the embargo has greatly impaired the victims' ability to import the nutrients, medicines and other materials necessary to saving the lives of even their toddlers.
All told, Iraq has a population of about 18 million. The 500,000 kids lost to date thus represent something on the order of 25 percent of their age group. Indisputably, the rest have suffered – are still suffering – a combination of physical debilitation and psychological trauma severe enough to prevent their ever fully recovering. In effect, an entire generation has been obliterated.
The reason for this holocaust was/is rather simple, and stated quite straightforwardly by President George Bush, the 41st "freedom-loving" father of the freedom-lover currently filling the Oval Office, George the 43rd: "The world must learn that what we say, goes," intoned George the Elder to the enthusiastic applause of freedom-loving Americans everywhere.
http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/s11/churc...
Ward Churchill and you need to look at the source. Placing blame on anyone or anything but the source of those mass graves, mass genocide and chemical weapons used on women and children is both narrow-mindedly simplistic and disturbingly complacent.

The atrocities committed against women and children in Islamic countries should be enough for you bleeding heart liberals to sit up and take notice. But ideology is more important than human rights when it comes to preserving your anti-American propaganda.

Democrats and the UN knew Saddam had WMDs. Post 9/11, he became an imminent threat.

Maybe if Saddam had been left alone to unleash his biological and chemical weapons on us and the rest of the world, Mr. Churchill would have something else to write about.

Frankly, his kind of "intelligent short-sightedness" is more like just plain biased ignorance.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#880547 Mar 27, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
MLK: Another indication that progress is being made was found in the recent presidential election in the United States. The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#880548 Mar 27, 2013
A case of road rage escalated into gunplay after shots were fired near Newport, N.C., on Sunday.
Carteret County deputies searched for two suspects -- a man and a woman -- and released cell phone video of the incident. WITN reported that both suspects turned themselves in at Lenoir County Courthouse on Monday.
Update: 3/26, 10:15 a.m.-- WITN reports that the suspects, Christy and Bradley Turner, have been charged. Bradley Turner is charged with discharging a weapon into property, two counts of assault by pointing a gun, going armed to the terror of the people, injury to personal property, and assault. His wife, Christy Turner is charged with two counts of assault by pointing a gun. The couple posted $38,500 bond.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25/newp...
You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones. One will never disarm a deranged liberal.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#880549 Mar 27, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> El Hierro is in the Canary Islands where another island has cracked half and threatens to slide into the sea. If it does a tsunami between 50 and 100 feet or higher will hit the east coast of the United States some 8 hours later. It will make the ones in the recent past look like a wave in a kiddie pool. A wave that big will go all the way across Florida into the gulf.
So, we might just get swept away completely? Oh well, I want to be buried at sea anyway.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#880550 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Bob McDonnell, Virginia Governor, Introduces Abortion Coverage Ban
With this amendment, Governor McDonnell has launched yet another effort to intrude in women’s health care decisions and block Virginians access to comprehensive reproductive health care," said Caroline O’Shea, deputy director of NARAL Pro-Choice Virginia, in a statement. "Coverage for safe, legal abortion care -- a procedure one in three women will access in their lifetimes - is a basic benefit that most insurance plans currently include. By banning women from using their own funds to purchase plans that include this common benefit, Gov. McDonnell is restricting Virginians’ personal economic decisions as well as their access to comprehensive care."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/26/bob-...
He also signed a voter ID law yesterday too. The abortion bill I care less about. You want kill your baby be my guest. Just don't ask me to pay for it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#880551 Mar 27, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, I already posted this link, quit copying Homer. Southern whites are crazy.
Sorry, didn't see it! They're in heap big trouble now! People are so stupid that it's incredible. The two young guys gave him a beat down after he went to them and punched the driver. Without a gun, it would have been over. At least no one was killed.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#880552 Mar 27, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sorry it's been colder than normal up here too, there is a persistent dip in the jet stream bringing cold air down from Canada, until it flattens out some we expect more of the same.
Just weather patterns folks, they do not equate to global warming or global cooling.
When you blame weather for the things that go wrong in your life, remember this Homer..... Things will continue to go wrong in Al Gore's life.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#880554 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
An Upstate lawmaker is changing a bill he introduced in the state House of Representatives that would ban doctors from discussing gun safety with their patients.
Rep. Joshua Putnam, R-Piedmont, said backlash from doctors around the state has forced him to reconsider the original intent of House Bill 3416.
“Some doctors, they don’t like the way it’s worded right now,” Putnam said.“I’ve been working with the Medical Association. I have an amendment that will make them happy.”
Putnam’s original bill, which 56 other Republican lawmakers have signed on to support, would make it illegal for a doctor to ask a patient if he or she owns a gun. The bill lays out three exceptions — doctors could ask a patient about gun ownership if he was being treated for a gunshot wound, was mentally ill or was being abused.
The amended bill would essentially shore up the status quo, Putnam said. Discussing gun safety with patients would be left up to individual doctors — they can choose to talk about it or not.
Rep. Mike Sottile, R-Isle of Palms, said he supported the original bill, but needs to take “another good, hard look” at it.
“Honestly when it was first presented to me, I thought it made sense,” Sottile said.
When he decided to support the legislation, Sottile said he had not considered how it may be important for pediatricians to talk to young children about gun safety.
“I don’t mind telling you when my daughter came along, I had a handgun and I got rid of it. I didn’t feel comfortable having it in the house,” Sottile said.“I think gun safety is paramount. Whatever you can do to help people own guns and be responsible with them, I don’t have a problem with.”
South Carolina ranks 13th in the country for firearm deaths, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation, which tracks a variety of health benchmarks in the U.S.
http://www.postandcourier.com/article/2013031...
What the hell? Why in the world would a doctor talk about gun safety with a patient unless they are friends who hunt or shoot together. You people are going NUTS!!!
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#880555 Mar 27, 2013
The Progressive homosexual agenda

We will be judged by our silence

The fight for the recognition of homosexual marriage rights is not about equal rights, but the promotion of special rights.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...

----

I agree with this authour regarding "The Full Cup Principle"

http://www.wake-up.org/daystar/ds2000/JUNA.ht...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#880556 Mar 27, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sorry it's been colder than normal up here too, there is a persistent dip in the jet stream bringing cold air down from Canada, until it flattens out some we expect more of the same.
Homer finally gets a clue. Doubt it will last.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#880557 Mar 27, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ward Churchill and you need to look at the source. Placing blame on anyone or anything but the source of those mass graves, mass genocide and chemical weapons used on women and children is both narrow-mindedly simplistic and disturbingly complacent.
The atrocities committed against women and children in Islamic countries should be enough for you bleeding heart liberals to sit up and take notice. But ideology is more important than human rights when it comes to preserving your anti-American propaganda.
Democrats and the UN knew Saddam had WMDs. Post 9/11, he became an imminent threat.
Maybe if Saddam had been left alone to unleash his biological and chemical weapons on us and the rest of the world, Mr. Churchill would have something else to write about.
Frankly, his kind of "intelligent short-sightedness" is more like just plain biased ignorance.
oh god lord.

so where are the WMDs?

and before you start in on me about a man who has written much about how Indians were slaughtered in this country, you should know that i'm half Miami Indian, and that i have read this....

A Little Matter of Genocide: Holocaust And Denial In The Americas 1492 To The Present (1997) is a book written by Ward Churchill. A Little Matter of Genocide surveys ethnic cleansing from 1492 to the present. Churchill compares the treatment of North American Indians to historical instances of genocide by communists in Cambodia, Turks against Armenians, and Europeans against the Gypsies, as well as Nazis against the Poles and Jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Little_Matter_...

and i agree with every word.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#880558 Mar 27, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
MLK: Another indication that progress is being made was found in the recent presidential election in the United States. The American people revealed great maturity by overwhelmingly rejecting a presidential candidate who had become identified with extremism, racism, and retrogression. The voters of our nation rendered a telling blow to the radical right. They defeated those elements in our society which seek to pit white against Negro and lead the nation down a dangerous Fascist path.
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/...
An exploding population of wild horses and ghetto ignorance... And the government still wants to control their ghetto numbers. Your eyes are useless when your mind is blind sonicfiller.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#880559 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
Why would anyone ban a doctor from speaking to his patients? Who would enforce that? If a person seems suicidal to the doctor, should he not ask the patient if he feels he may hurt himself or if he has a weapon? What the hell is wrong with these rightwingers?
Suicides outnumber murders; no one wants to talk about it.
Can't you read? It said there were three exceptions. Libtards and their inability to comprehend what they read is starting to concern me.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#880560 Mar 27, 2013
Patriot wrote:
The Progressive homosexual agenda
We will be judged by our silence
The fight for the recognition of homosexual marriage rights is not about equal rights, but the promotion of special rights.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
----
I agree with this authour regarding "The Full Cup Principle"
http://www.wake-up.org/daystar/ds2000/JUNA.ht...
Homosexuals are just another special interest group...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min 40ish 4,675
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 177,414
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 69,000
Are ISIS and Obama in Cahoots??? 1 hr joey 4
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 1 hr ABSOLUTELYjigsWON 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr danetoo 68,381
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr D-U-H 49,539
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr edogxxx 97,938
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE