Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
809,881 - 809,900 of 1,079,415 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

practically zero media coverage on this...why?

The Unmourned

'murder at Kermit Gosnell’s abortion “clinic”:

From the Office of the District Attorney in Philadelphia:

Viable babies were born*. Gosnell killed them by plunging scissors into their spinal cords. He taught his staff to do the same.

This is a remarkable moment in American life: A man is killing actual living, gurgling, bouncing babies on an industrial scale – and it barely makes the papers. Had he plunged his scissors into the spinal cord of a Democrat politician in Arizona, then The New York Times, ABC, CBS, NBC and everyone else would be linking it to Sarah Palin’s uncivil call for dramatic cuts in government spending. But “Doctor” Kermit Gosnell’s mound of corpses is apparently entirely unconnected to the broader culture.

And so it goes two years on, at “Doctor” Gosnell’s trial:

Medical assistant Adrienne Moton admitted Tuesday that she had cut the necks of at least 10 babies after they were delivered, as Gosnell had instructed her. Gosnell and another employee regularly “snipped” the spines “to ensure fetal demise,” she said.

Moton sobbed as she recalled taking a cellphone photograph of one baby because he was bigger than any she had seen aborted before. She measured the fetus at nearly 30 weeks, and thought he could have survived, given his size and pinkish color. Gosnell later joked that the baby was so big he could have walked to the bus stop, she said.

Funny!

Notwithstanding Dr. Gosnell’s jest, and the fact that newborns delivered alive are generally regarded as “babies,” the New York Times’ only story on the case is punctilious enough to refer to Gosnell’s victims as “viable fetuses,” and its early paragraphs emphasize the defense’s wearily predictable line that this is a “racist prosecution.”

Instead of my Arizona comparison, what about Sandy Hook? ONE SOLITARY ACT OF MASS INFANTICIDE BY A mentally-ill loner calls into question the constitutional right to guns, but a sustained conveyor belt of infanticide by an entire cadre of cold-blooded killers apparently has no implications for the constitutional right to abortion. As one commentator wondered two years ago:

Does 30 years of calling babies “blobs of tissue” have no effect on the culture?
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

The 'new'new face of carols Republican Party.
Adam Carolla!
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>But, you know, I don't think everyone has a "right" to be stupid, It's something you must earn. You have a right to get old and eat dog food and you have a "right" to work 10-12 hour days, driving an hour in traffic back and forth to the office in order that when you get old you won't have to work 10-12 hour days or go anywhere until you die. But stupid, stupid is something you can only achieve by fully subscribing to the theory of competitive capitalism mixed with great lashings of religious piety. You'll never understand...
That's not dog food.
It's pâté.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made the case I've been trying to make all morning.
Sadly, you belong on the same side of history as those who followed past tyrants who disposed of their versions of riff-raff and who were "drains" on a self-imposing government.
You are a disappointment to the American freedoms so many died for.
Yesss... I drive by the little white headstones perched row on row like thousands of albino sparrows and I often reflect on how disappointed they must be with me too. In fact, I think I'll drive over there right now and just express how sorry I am I let them down again.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen to this moron that spent thirty years hitting his thumb with a hammer talking about economics.
It may equate to a flat thumb for you, but it led to a fat retirement for me. You will never retire wealthy, it's best not to clutter your limited capacity with concepts you have no need of.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>That's not dog food.
It's pâté.
How dare this phone post like I'm Eman.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatta girl.
Run your tongue around the tip.
You dummy dem never fail..
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

We can see Obama is a strong supporter of Anti-Work ‘More than a Vacation a Month for Obamas in 2013’ still No Budget!!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Concentration camps, err, I mean re-education resorts.
Just watched a movie the other night about those "re-educating camps" under Mao Tse-Tung's China in the early 1970s.

Children of parents who were independent thinkers and writers were also put in these camps. The two young men in the movie were also children of their parents' "reactionary" writings. They hoarded and hid books that would have gotten them killed had they been discovered.

The best thing about Netflix are the foreign movies - educational and entertaining at the same time.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Ideals are all well and good when you're 12, but most people don't really believe in them, much less act out of them past that point. If you do it means you're stupid. It's pretty clear the only ideal conservatives have is the precious right to do whatever they want to make money regardless of the effects on others. That's pretty much it, isn't it? What other "ideals" did all those poor dead chumps take a dirt nap for? Freedom? Liberty? Justice for All? Don't make us laugh, they died so a few greedy people could make money, or alternately nowadays, because Israel told them to.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:

The Unmourned

Viable babies were born*. Gosnell killed them by plunging scissors into their spinal cords. He taught his staff to do the same.

This is a remarkable moment in American life: A man is killing actual living, gurgling, bouncing babies on an industrial scale – and it barely makes the papers. Had he plunged his scissors into the spinal cord of a Democrat politician in Arizona, then The New York Times, ABC, CBS, NBC and everyone else would be linking it to Sarah Palin’s uncivil call for dramatic cuts in government spending. But “Doctor” Kermit Gosnell’s mound of corpses is apparently entirely unconnected to the broader culture.

Medical assistant Adrienne Moton admitted Tuesday that she had cut the necks of at least 10 babies after they were delivered, as Gosnell had instructed her. Gosnell and another employee regularly “snipped” the spines “to ensure fetal demise,” she said.

Moton sobbed as she recalled taking a cellphone photograph of one baby because he was bigger than any she had seen aborted before. She measured the fetus at nearly 30 weeks, and thought he could have survived, given his size and pinkish color. Gosnell later joked that the baby was so big he could have walked to the bus stop, she said.

Funny!

Notwithstanding Dr. Gosnell’s jest, and the fact that newborns delivered alive are generally regarded as “babies,” the New York Times’ only story on the case is punctilious enough to refer to Gosnell’s victims as “viable fetuses,” and its early paragraphs emphasize the defense’s wearily predictable line that this is a “racist prosecution.”

Instead of my Arizona comparison, what about Sandy Hook? ONE SOLITARY ACT OF MASS INFANTICIDE BY A mentally-ill loner calls into question the constitutional right to guns, but a sustained conveyor belt of infanticide by an entire cadre of cold-blooded killers apparently has no implications for the constitutional right to abortion. As one commentator wondered two years ago:

Does 30 years of calling babies “blobs of tissue” have no effect on the culture?
Kermit the frog?
Have you ever seen a fetus on the end of a clothes hanger?
Wiggling around like a beheaded carp.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
The 'new'new face of carols Republican Party.
Adam Carolla!
dem, the fkface of democrats and party on this tread..
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatta girl.
Run your tongue around the tip.
Careful man, she's Asian. Probably got a razor blade in her cheek pouch...
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Janes first child was hooked by a hanger.
She did it in the comfort of a gas station restroom... between johns.
So to speak.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare this phone post like I'm Eman.
dem's obama minutes are running out on his fascist phone. Spies they are you idiot...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
It may equate to a flat thumb for you, but it led to a fat retirement for me. You will never retire wealthy, it's best not to clutter your limited capacity with concepts you have no need of.
Heheheheh, so, um, you're tellin' him he's gonna die poor?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What a racist bigot you are! A lazy moron slob who thinks the Dixie Chicks are good.
West Virginia came in 9th out of "Obama's 57 states" according to the 17th edition of Education Week's Quality Counts.
I hope you have nothing to do with the education system as you are clearly an ignoramus.
http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2013/01/10/...
Hey, ya' trollish buffoon, "The Whites of West Virginia" is a documentary about a family named White who had 22 children, all but one winding up on welfare--flack's seen it. As to you ninth ranking, it's not based on the educational performance of the students, "...New analyses from the EPE Research Center for the Chance-for-Success Index and school finance categories, respectively, capture critical aspects of the broader educational environment and the level and equitability of school funding. In the other updated category, the center examines policies related to transitions and alignment across stages of education. Results for the three other areas in the State-of-the-States rubric..." Crawl back under your bridge.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
The Unmourned
Funny!
I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, just thump them on the soft spot with an old chair leg or something? It's not brain surgery.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>It may equate to a flat thumb for you, but it led to a fat retirement for me. You will never retire wealthy, it's best not to clutter your limited capacity with concepts you have no need of.
Of course you are a wealthy tea bag retiree.
Topix is over loaded with lying azzholes like you.
I'm sure after paying your own health care all those years, and hiring scabs, you are living large on Alpo.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not dog food.
It's pâté.
What? Is that Greek? I don't get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 1 min Julie 352
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 min truth 48,879
Abby 7-24 5 min Sublime1 23
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 min honeymylove 1,296
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 19 min edogxxx 97,521
Amy 7-24 25 min Kuuipo 18
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min wojar 174,522
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info