Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#880371 Mar 26, 2013
Albuquerque Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what you mean here. Obama's children look nothing like each other. Not sure if either look like Obama, but there are rumors that the Secret Service is investigating Chicago milkmen.
Oh my bad, he also listens to rap! That ought to do it for you! I asked for a funny & you surely delivered. How can his kids not look like him in your eyes when you think all black people look alike? Lol! You should try stand up comedy, your on a roll, DUDE!
carol

Orlando, FL

#880372 Mar 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What sense does any of that bullshit make? The man married a black woman has 2 black kids that look just like him, listens to old school r&b, & plays basketball. How does that equate in your eyes to somebody who is really white? What it is, is you people wanted him to come in & erase 500 years of injustices to the black community. I respect him for coming in, not being biased, & doing the job he was elected to do. He was elected as thee person to stop the recessive climate created by GB, he did that. He ran on universal healthcare, he did that when no president before him could & all tried. He got the stick market to break record numbers, totally changing the skepticism of investors. He reigned in wallstreet giving them the oversight needed to prevent another recession from happening. Made it easier for minorities to apply & receive financial aid/student loans. Ended Americas biggest mistake (Iraq war) when it was unpopular among his colleagues. True the date was set byGB, but the big topic of debate during his 08 campaign was whether our not to extend & send more troops & whether or not to leave a permanent presence in Iraq. That alone save the US over 30 billion a month. Seems to me,your mad cuz he didn't get reparations for past atrocities. That will never happen do get over it. This president has done a great job with what he was giving. Did I mention he achieved all this, the Lilly Ledbetter act &Aall under republican opposition vowing to do all they could to make him a1 year president. Base your opinion on facts not right wetting talking points/media propaganda!
Give it a rest, son. Those two beautiful girls drive right by my house every day surrounded by men in full tactical gear with more machine guns than even God could envision. No white folks will ever harm those girls and that's the way it should be. They're beautiful. What would be helpful is if they'd repave Quebec Street which is a MESS!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#880373 Mar 26, 2013
Albuquerque Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
Why just minorities?
The white middle class is getting screwed.
Sure they are. That's why white kid coming out of high school is more likely to continue schooling than black kids by a 5/1 margin.
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880374 Mar 26, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, the university has "apologized" after much public scrutiny and public reaction.
I agree with you. Conservatives can no longer play the role of "Mr. Nice Guy" and it's time these universities were held accountable.
An apology is insufficient if they were forcibly detained and interrogated. Sue for punitive damages. Demand the dismissal of the racially insensitive university official.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880375 Mar 26, 2013
Don't play to the white folks, they're angry and scared. Just sit back and let them yell themselves out. It's not too long from now. They're almost gone. Trust me.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880376 Mar 26, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't they go to Liberty University, or Oral Roberts university? Nothing but trouble makers
Public universities were meant to be the breeding ground of free thought, free speech and open ideas.

When an attempt is made to subvert, manipulate or bully students into silence or submission, we have a big problem.

It happens a lot more than you think in many liberal state universities.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#880377 Mar 26, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't they go to Liberty University, or Oral Roberts university? Nothing but trouble makers
"silly"
Freedom of speech and assembly mean nothing to you? Was the group breaking any laws or was it the fact they were offering a message you do not agree with? If was a left leaning group that had their meeting disrupted you would be screaming bloody murder.
You are a hypocrite.
Peace
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880378 Mar 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh my bad, he also listens to rap! That ought to do it for you! I asked for a funny & you surely delivered. How can his kids not look like him in your eyes when you think all black people look alike? Lol! You should try stand up comedy, your on a roll, DUDE!
Obama's children do not resemble each other in any way. Will leave it to your judgment which, if either, more resembles Obama. But Obama clearly favors one over the other.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880379 Mar 26, 2013
C'mon honeys, tell me about how angry you are with the O'bama's. G'head... do it now... see what happens... Do it...
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#880380 Mar 26, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it a rest, son. Those two beautiful girls drive right by my house every day surrounded by men in full tactical gear with more machine guns than even God could envision. No white folks will ever harm those girls and that's the way it should be. They're beautiful. What would be helpful is if they'd repave Quebec Street which is a MESS!
Did you even read my post or are you just blurting out unconscious thoughts like someone who suffers from Tourette syndrome?
carol

Orlando, FL

#880381 Mar 26, 2013
Albuquerque Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
An apology is insufficient if they were forcibly detained and interrogated. Sue for punitive damages. Demand the dismissal of the racially insensitive university official.
Shut up, clown. You know nothing you southern scum.
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880382 Mar 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Sure they are. That's why white kid coming out of high school is more likely to continue schooling than black kids by a 5/1 margin.
The old adage says "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear", meaning that you cannot make a good quality product using bad quality materials.
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880383 Mar 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Did you even read my post or are you just blurting out unconscious thoughts like someone who suffers from Tourette syndrome?
Friendly fire between lovers?
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880385 Mar 26, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, clown. You know nothing you southern scum.
South Florida is New York, not "the South"
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#880387 Mar 26, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The percentage of conservative professors pales in comparison to the percentage of liberal professors on college campuses.
One of the reasons for this is professors have to "publish or perish" and most educational journals lean left. The liberal professors are published. Conservative professors are virtually left out. Students then read these publications and the cycle continues.
All one has to do is look at the Colorado professor who was in the news a few years ago who lost his tenure after much controversy surrounding his radical teaching methods and his comments about 9/11.
He was not the exception but the norm.
i just read his essay. very thought provoking.....

"Patriotism," a wise man once observed, "is the last refuge of scoundrels."

And the braided, he might of added.

Braided Scoundrel-in-Chief, George Junior, lacking even the sense to be careful what he wished for, has teamed up with a gaggle of fundamentalist Christian clerics like Billy Graham to proclaim a "New Crusade" called "Infinite Justice" aimed at "ridding the world of evil."

One could easily make light of such rhetoric, remarking upon how unseemly it is for a son to threaten his father in such fashion or a president to so publicly contemplate the murder/suicide of himself and his cabinet but the matter is deadly serious.

They are preparing once again to sally forth for the purpose of roasting brown-skinned children by the scores of thousands. Already, the B-1 bombers and the aircraft carriers and the missile frigates are en route, the airborne divisions are gearing up to go.

To where? Afghanistan?

The Sudan?

Iraq, again (or still)?

How about Grenada (that was fun)?

Any of them or all. It doesn't matter.

The desire to pummel the helpless runs rabid as ever.

Only, this time it's different.

This time the helpless aren't, or at least are not so helpless as they were.

This time, somewhere, perhaps in an Afghani mountain cave, possibly in a Brooklyn basement, maybe another local altogether but somewhere, all the same there's a grim-visaged (wo)man wearing a Clint Eastwood smile.

"Go ahead, punks," s/he's saying, "Make my day."

And when they do, when they launch these airstrikes abroad or may a little later; it will be at a time conforming to the "terrorists"' own schedule, and at a place of their choosing the next more intensive dose of medicine administered here "at home."

Of what will it consist this time? Anthrax? Mustard gas? Sarin? A tactical nuclear device?

That, too, is their choice to make.

Looking back, it will seem to future generations inexplicable why Americans were unable on their own, and in time to save themselves, to accept a rule of nature so basic that it could be mouthed by an actor, Lawrence Fishburn, in a movie, The Cotton Club.

"You've got to learn, " the line went, "that when you push people around, some people push back."

As they should.

As they must.

And as they undoubtedly will.

There is justice in such symmetry.

http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/s11/churc...
carol

Orlando, FL

#880388 Mar 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The problem with Fox News is that its commentary is too often factually inaccurate and intellectually dishonest. There are notable exceptions: Just as there are a few people doing great work on MSNBC, Fox News has Erick Erickson's frequently smart commentary to make up for its months of inane Sarah Palin blathering, and Kirsten Powers to inject a semblance of fact-based sanity into Bill O'Reilly's cavalcade of gruff rants.
There are some other folks doing good work too, but they're overshadowed by inanity that overflows from the archives of The Daily Show, which has won multiple Emmys showing a generation that Fox News is rife with bullshit and that trying to defend it by saying it's no worse than CNN and MSNBC is like defending Parliaments by saying they're no more unhealthy than Marlboros.
"What Ailes and his backer Rupert Murdoch did was to find an underserved niche of the news market," Tobin concludes. "Only in this case that niche is made up of approximately half of the American people." Sounds like Fox News math to me. As I figure it, the United States has about 313 million people, and Fox News averages about 3 million viewers in prime time, so evidently the niche is somewhat smaller than half of the American people.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
The Pew Research Center's Project for Excellence in Journalism in its State of the News Media: An Annual Report on American Journalism, Pew details, among other interesting tidbits, the percentages of news reporting and opinion on the three biggest cable news channels. According to the study, the breakdown of MSNBC shows that a whopping 85 percent of its airtime is taken up with opinion, compared to 55 percent of the time on Fox and 45 percent of CNN's air.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

All cable channels can be criticized for injecting some degree of bias depending on the issues. Fox is the only one singled out when, in fact, Fox and CNN aren't that far apart when it comes to opinion versus reporting.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880389 Mar 26, 2013
Albuquerque Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
The old adage says "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear", meaning that you cannot make a good quality product using bad quality materials.
A southerner would know about that, wouldn't he? It's really embarrassing that you people are part of the country at all. Maybe we should kill you? Want that? Clowns. I've always contended that Gen'l Sherman didn't finish the job... You need your guns, honey. The fact is that sooner or later we're going to have to kill you. You're too stupid to leave alive.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#880390 Mar 26, 2013
ADDENDUM

The preceding was a "first take" reading, more a stream-of-consciousness interpretive reaction to the September 11 counterattack than a finished piece on the topic. Hence, I'll readily admit that I've been far less than thorough, and quite likely wrong about a number of things.

For instance, it may not have been (only) the ghosts of Iraqi children who made their appearance that day. It could as easily have been some or all of their butchered Palestinian cousins.

Or maybe it was some or all of the at least 3.2 million Indochinese who perished as a result of America's sustained and genocidal assault on Southeast Asia (1959-1975), not to mention the millions more who've died because of the sanctions imposed thereafter.

Perhaps there were a few of the Korean civilians massacred by US troops at places like No Gun Ri during the early 50s, or the hundreds of thousands of Japanese civilians ruthlessly incinerated in the ghastly fire raids of World War II (only at Dresden did America bomb Germany in a similar manner).

And, of course, it could have been those vaporized in the militarily pointless nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

There are others, as well, a vast and silent queue of faceless victims, stretching from the million-odd Filipinos slaughtered during America's "Indian War" in their islands at the beginning of the twentieth century, through the real Indians, America's own, massacred wholesale at places like Horseshoe Bend and the Bad Axe, Sand Creek and Wounded Knee, the Washita, Bear River, and the Marias.

Was it those who expired along the Cherokee Trial of Tears of the Long Walk of the Navajo?

Those murdered by smallpox at Fort Clark in 1836?

Starved to death in the concentration camp at Bosque Redondo during the 1860s?

Maybe those native people claimed for scalp bounty in all 48 of the continental US states? Or the Raritans whose severed heads were kicked for sport along the streets of what was then called New Amsterdam, at the very site where the WTC once stood?

One hears, too, the whispers of those lost on the Middle Passage, and of those whose very flesh was sold in the slave market outside the human kennel from whence Wall Street takes its name. And of coolie laborers, imported by the gross-dozen to lay the tracks of empire across scorching desert sands, none of them allotted "a Chinaman's chance" of surviving.

The list is too long, too awful to go on.

No matter what its eventual fate, America will have gotten off very, very cheap.

The full measure of its guilt can never be fully balanced or atoned for.

carol

Orlando, FL

#880391 Mar 26, 2013
You know what? Killing a southerner isn't really a problem, it's just past due. I like to kill their kids. I like to hear them scream. AAAAAAAAAAAaaa---....... it's sooo enjoyable... c'mon, honeys... play with me....
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880393 Mar 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
ADDENDUM
The preceding was a "first take" reading, more a stream-of-consciousness interpretive reaction to the September 11 counterattack than a finished piece on the topic. Hence, I'll readily admit that I've been far less than thorough, and quite likely wrong about a number of things.
For instance, it may not have been (only) the ghosts of Iraqi children who made their appearance that day. It could as easily have been some or all of their butchered Palestinian cousins.
Or maybe it was some or all of the at least 3.2 million Indochinese who perished as a result of America's sustained and genocidal assault on Southeast Asia (1959-1975), not to mention the millions more who've died because of the sanctions imposed thereafter.
Perhaps there were a few of the Korean civilians massacred by US troops at places like No Gun Ri during the early 50s, or the hundreds of thousands of Japanese civilians ruthlessly incinerated in the ghastly fire raids of World War II (only at Dresden did America bomb Germany in a similar manner).
And, of course, it could have been those vaporized in the militarily pointless nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
There are others, as well, a vast and silent queue of faceless victims, stretching from the million-odd Filipinos slaughtered during America's "Indian War" in their islands at the beginning of the twentieth century, through the real Indians, America's own, massacred wholesale at places like Horseshoe Bend and the Bad Axe, Sand Creek and Wounded Knee, the Washita, Bear River, and the Marias.
Was it those who expired along the Cherokee Trial of Tears of the Long Walk of the Navajo?
Those murdered by smallpox at Fort Clark in 1836?
Starved to death in the concentration camp at Bosque Redondo during the 1860s?
Maybe those native people claimed for scalp bounty in all 48 of the continental US states? Or the Raritans whose severed heads were kicked for sport along the streets of what was then called New Amsterdam, at the very site where the WTC once stood?
One hears, too, the whispers of those lost on the Middle Passage, and of those whose very flesh was sold in the slave market outside the human kennel from whence Wall Street takes its name. And of coolie laborers, imported by the gross-dozen to lay the tracks of empire across scorching desert sands, none of them allotted "a Chinaman's chance" of surviving.
The list is too long, too awful to go on.
No matter what its eventual fate, America will have gotten off very, very cheap.
The full measure of its guilt can never be fully balanced or atoned for.
Sounds like the Democrat party platform.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min Sunshine 181,798
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,183
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr cheluzal 98,851
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 5 hr barefoot2626 16
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Cracker Jack 40
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago