Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#880348 Mar 26, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you came away with from the movie?
Sure it wasn't just a bad dream?
That wasn't part of the movie. Just did some research on my own.

The movie was just about two young men who were put in one of Mao's "re-education" camps. One of them told stories of the classics to the others and both fell in love with the same girl. It was educational in seeing how these people coped with the iron fist of communism.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880349 Mar 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Dear Leader has improved the economy he inherited.
Perhaps if your dear party had not put us in such a bad way & then helped us recover, the current economy would be better.
Unless you are over 80 year old, you never experienced as severe of a recession.
The economy is hanging by a thread propped up by the Feds printing money that keeps devaluing the dollar and Wall Street only surviving because, as one person put it, "we're the prettiest horse in the glue factory" in light of the global economy and the more serious problems in Europe.

This president doesn't like capitalism, so the more things go south, the closer he is to fundamentally changing the country.

You really don't get it, do you?
carol

Orlando, FL

#880350 Mar 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"This exercise is a bit sensitive, but really drives home the point that even though symbols are arbitrary, they take on very strong and emotional meanings," the exercise states. "Most will hesitate. Ask why they can't step on the paper. Discuss the importance of symbols in culture."
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2013/03/26/School...
i see no problem with it.
but there should also be no problem if a student refuses to participate.
So if a Republican activist told the students to write OBAMA on a sheet of paper and stomp on it, that would be okay too?
carol

Orlando, FL

#880351 Mar 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"This exercise is a bit sensitive, but really drives home the point that even though symbols are arbitrary, they take on very strong and emotional meanings," the exercise states. "Most will hesitate. Ask why they can't step on the paper. Discuss the importance of symbols in culture."
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2013/03/26/School...
i see no problem with it.
but there should also be no problem if a student refuses to participate.
And if it were only an "exercise to point out symbols are arbitrary", why was the student who refused to do it suspended?

Indoctrination and following orders without question is exactly why so many Jews were exterminated.

You really don't see the danger in the liberal indoctrination in our schools?
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880352 Mar 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know; perhaps when they realize that they were being conned out of 10% of their earnings and the pastor had a private jet and owned diamond mines in Africa? Duh!
Sounds like Obama.
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880354 Mar 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
More people die as a result of self inflicted gun shots than murder; most suicides by gun are committed by white males, with a gun that is owned by his family. A white male is 5 times more likely to die of a self inflicted gun shot and a black male is 5 times more likely to die of a murder with a gun. Blacks don't commit suicide as much as white males do.
Little wonder that white males commit suicide given that they are forced to support the rest of society and still take the blame for all the problems of society.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880355 Mar 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know; perhaps when they realize that they were being conned out of 10% of their earnings and the pastor had a private jet and owned diamond mines in Africa? Duh!
Bill Maher:“You know what? Rich people – I’m sure you’d agree with this – actually do pay the freight in this country.”

“I just saw these statistics,” he continued,“I mean, something like 70 percent. And here in California, I just want to say liberals – you could actually lose me. It’s outrageous what we’re paying – over 50 percent. I’m willing to pay my share, but yeah, it’s ridiculous.”

...Elitists think they've evolved to some pie-in-the-sky plane until they realize the government doesn't want to just stop at taking 50% of their money too.

If you don't think the Elitist-in-Chief wouldn't take as much as 75% of people's earnings like France, you're sorely mistaken.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#880356 Mar 26, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a Republican activist told the students to write OBAMA on a sheet of paper and stomp on it, that would be okay too?
uh, i don't think a Republican activist would ever be allowed to teach a college course.

no wait. i might be wrong.....

Propaganda 101 - Goebbels to Limbaugh.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880357 Mar 26, 2013
Florida Atlantic University campus officials shut down and called campus police on four students and an alumnus of FAU to stop an informational meeting about starting a conservative organization on campus.

FAU alum and Florida YAF State Director Daniel P. Diaz was there to discuss future activities of YAF on campus as well as around the state.

Upon hearing Diaz addressing the liberal bias on the FAU campus, David Blank, a university administrator, stopped the meeting again and boorishly ordered the students to vacate the meeting room; shut off the room lights, tore down the group’s promotional posters, and called the campus police.

The police detained and interrogated the group.

Diaz said,“If we were a Marxist, Socialist or Liberal group, they would have let us finish our meeting, but the university officials and police harassed us because we are conservatives.”

Diaz added,“This was the exact liberal bias on campus that I was discussing in the meeting that these future YAFers experienced firsthand. The university is no longer a place of open discussion and freedom of expression, but a breeding ground of intolerance for conservative beliefs.”

...I'm trying to tell you, people, we are treading very dangerous waters.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#880358 Mar 26, 2013
blak lady wrote:
Obama be a white dude. He might look like us, but he got to be more white than any black dude. His mamma is white, his daddy left him flat and his grandma is white. They raised him, but he seems to want too desperately to be identified as black. Ain't there something strange here? Its' too funny that ALL blacks (90%) vote for this fake. What happened to voting for a candidate's principles and experience at bringing stability and economic sense and not racially dividing the country? What a legacy!(hey let's go play some golf)
What sense does any of that bullshit make? The man married a black woman has 2 black kids that look just like him, listens to old school r&b, & plays basketball. How does that equate in your eyes to somebody who is really white? What it is, is you people wanted him to come in & erase 500 years of injustices to the black community. I respect him for coming in, not being biased, & doing the job he was elected to do. He was elected as thee person to stop the recessive climate created by GB, he did that. He ran on universal healthcare, he did that when no president before him could & all tried. He got the stick market to break record numbers, totally changing the skepticism of investors. He reigned in wallstreet giving them the oversight needed to prevent another recession from happening. Made it easier for minorities to apply & receive financial aid/student loans. Ended Americas biggest mistake (Iraq war) when it was unpopular among his colleagues. True the date was set byGB, but the big topic of debate during his 08 campaign was whether our not to extend & send more troops & whether or not to leave a permanent presence in Iraq. That alone save the US over 30 billion a month. Seems to me,your mad cuz he didn't get reparations for past atrocities. That will never happen do get over it. This president has done a great job with what he was giving. Did I mention he achieved all this, the Lilly Ledbetter act &Aall under republican opposition vowing to do all they could to make him a1 year president. Base your opinion on facts not right wetting talking points/media propaganda!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#880359 Mar 26, 2013
carol wrote:
Florida Atlantic University campus officials shut down and called campus police on four students and an alumnus of FAU to stop an informational meeting about starting a conservative organization on campus.
FAU alum and Florida YAF State Director Daniel P. Diaz was there to discuss future activities of YAF on campus as well as around the state.
Upon hearing Diaz addressing the liberal bias on the FAU campus, David Blank, a university administrator, stopped the meeting again and boorishly ordered the students to vacate the meeting room; shut off the room lights, tore down the group’s promotional posters, and called the campus police.
The police detained and interrogated the group.
Diaz said,“If we were a Marxist, Socialist or Liberal group, they would have let us finish our meeting, but the university officials and police harassed us because we are conservatives.”
Diaz added,“This was the exact liberal bias on campus that I was discussing in the meeting that these future YAFers experienced firsthand. The university is no longer a place of open discussion and freedom of expression, but a breeding ground of intolerance for conservative beliefs.”
...I'm trying to tell you, people, we are treading very dangerous waters.
Why don't they go to Liberty University, or Oral Roberts university? Nothing but trouble makers
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#880360 Mar 26, 2013
Albuquerque Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
Little wonder that white males commit suicide given that they are forced to support the rest of society and still take the blame for all the problems of society.
That's funny! They support the rest of the country, but refuse to support the majority demographic of people on welfare, single white woman! Throw out another 1. I could use another good laugh! Lol!
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880361 Mar 26, 2013
carol wrote:
Florida Atlantic University campus officials shut down and called campus police on four students and an alumnus of FAU to stop an informational meeting about starting a conservative organization on campus.
FAU alum and Florida YAF State Director Daniel P. Diaz was there to discuss future activities of YAF on campus as well as around the state.
Upon hearing Diaz addressing the liberal bias on the FAU campus, David Blank, a university administrator, stopped the meeting again and boorishly ordered the students to vacate the meeting room; shut off the room lights, tore down the group’s promotional posters, and called the campus police.
The police detained and interrogated the group.
Diaz said,“If we were a Marxist, Socialist or Liberal group, they would have let us finish our meeting, but the university officials and police harassed us because we are conservatives.”
Diaz added,“This was the exact liberal bias on campus that I was discussing in the meeting that these future YAFers experienced firsthand. The university is no longer a place of open discussion and freedom of expression, but a breeding ground of intolerance for conservative beliefs.”
...I'm trying to tell you, people, we are treading very dangerous waters.
If the police actually forcibly detained and interrogated the group, then they should hire an attorney and sue the piss out of the school.
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880362 Mar 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> What sense does any of that bullshit make? The man married a black woman has 2 black kids that look just like him, listens to old school r&b, & plays basketball.
Not sure what you mean here. Obama's children look nothing like each other. Not sure if either look like Obama, but there are rumors that the Secret Service is investigating Chicago milkmen.
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880363 Mar 26, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't they go to Liberty University, or Oral Roberts university? Nothing but trouble makers
Agree. Academic diversity of opinion is not welcome at Florida Atlantic. Only racial and gender identification diversity.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880364 Mar 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
uh, i don't think a Republican activist would ever be allowed to teach a college course.
no wait. i might be wrong.....
Propaganda 101 - Goebbels to Limbaugh.
The percentage of conservative professors pales in comparison to the percentage of liberal professors on college campuses.

One of the reasons for this is professors have to "publish or perish" and most educational journals lean left. The liberal professors are published. Conservative professors are virtually left out. Students then read these publications and the cycle continues.

All one has to do is look at the Colorado professor who was in the news a few years ago who lost his tenure after much controversy surrounding his radical teaching methods and his comments about 9/11.

He was not the exception but the norm.
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880365 Mar 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Made it easier for minorities to apply & receive financial aid/student loans.
Why just minorities?

The white middle class is getting screwed.
Albuquerque Slim

Scottsdale, AZ

#880368 Mar 26, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> That's funny! They support the rest of the country, but refuse to support the majority demographic of people on welfare, single white woman! Throw out another 1. I could use another good laugh! Lol!
Racial and marital status politics are irrelevant. Each individual is responsible for himself or herself.
carol

Orlando, FL

#880369 Mar 26, 2013
Albuquerque Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
If the police actually forcibly detained and interrogated the group, then they should hire an attorney and sue the piss out of the school.
Apparently, the university has "apologized" after much public scrutiny and public reaction.

I agree with you. Conservatives can no longer play the role of "Mr. Nice Guy" and it's time these universities were held accountable.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#880370 Mar 26, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy is hanging by a thread propped up by the Feds printing money that keeps devaluing the dollar and Wall Street only surviving because, as one person put it, "we're the prettiest horse in the glue factory" in light of the global economy and the more serious problems in Europe.
This president doesn't like capitalism, so the more things go south, the closer he is to fundamentally changing the country.
You really don't get it, do you?
only Reason Wall Street is going strong is because of Government Spending & Bailouts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Edmond Pulpo 181,728
Deat Abby 12-16 11 min RACE 67
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 18 min Sublime1 23
I want to join ILLUMINATI to become rich and fa... 24 min mr fred 1
Amy 12-17 1 hr RACE 6
Amy 12-18 1 hr RACE 4
Abby 12-18 2 hr Mister Tonka 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:21 am PST

NBC Sports 8:21AM
PFT Live: Bears talk with John Mullin, Week 16 picks
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
NFL Playoffs 2014-15: AFC, NFC Postseason Predictions Heading into Week 16
NBC Sports 9:58 AM
Unnamed Bears "confused and uncomfortable" with benching Cutler
ESPN10:10 AM
Vegas reacts to Bears' benching of Cutler
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Is Chicago protecting Cutler's trade value by benching him?