Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
809,621 - 809,640 of 1,083,254 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

likely to be the most popular phrase in America in 2014:
"whodidyavotefor?"

The IRS and the Department of Health and Human Services are now rolling out thousands of new regulations to implement ObamaCare — and employers are franticly trying to learn what “affordable” coverage and “full time” worker mean and what compliance will cost. The latest surprise, from HHS, is a$65-a-year fee employers must pay for each employee or dependent they insure.

Seniors needing hospital care will be shocked at cutbacks. Section 3000A of the law awards bonus points to the hospitals that spend the least per senior. Hospitals are even whacked for what Medicare patients consume in the 30 days after discharge, including physical therapy.

Hospital patients of all ages will wait longer for a nurse. Cuts to Medicare pay for over half the law, and this will mean $247 billion less for hospitals over the next decade; the layoffs are already starting.

Other chaos will abound. Consumers trying to get their insurance from a state exchange will have to hand their Social Security Number and 15 pages of financial and family information to exchange “assisters”— temps often hired from community groups. In California, civil-rights activists are fighting to prevent background checks for would-be “assisters” because it would disqualify too many minority men with prior convictions.

Since only Democrats voted to impose ObamaCare on America, there’s no question who voters will blame for this colossal mess. The chances for a new Pelosi speakership are minuscule; we’re more likely to see Republicans win control of the Senate.

The GOP only needs to pick up six Senate seats to do that — and three seats the Republicans will target are in Iowa, Virginia, and Arkansas — the states set to be hit with the highest premium increases in the individual market.

Of course, all that may not be enough to repeal ObamaCare — it may take a few more elections before the will of the people prevails. But the system the Obama health law sets up is so dysfunctional, there’s an excellent chance voters will persevere until they get their way.

It’s not over til it’s over.

Read more: Disaster for Dems - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>while FDR rounded up Japanese Americans and put them in camps. definitely liberal.
So what is God going to do with us?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
union wages and increased taxes?
prove it. without a conservative think tank that's supported by big business.
Are you two realy that clueless? I don't need a stupid think tank to tell me that. That's you're program. Most union wages ate tied to the minimum wage by contract. You increase the wage the taxes withheld go up including the (laugh) employers share.
WaxmanIdiot

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>yep, like ObamaCare. i personally can't wait :) to hear the obots complain. at least the ones who aren't handed everything for FREE.
'Democrats hope to retake the House of Representatives in next year’s elections. They won’t — and they’ll have themselves to blame, because 2014 is when ObamaCare kicks in.
With a vengeance.
The authors of the Obama health law postponed the pain until AFTER the 2012 election. Some popular provisions went into effect immediately, such as allowing children to stay on their parent’s plan until age 26. And the White House granted 1,472 WAIVERS to various companies and unions, exempting them from insurance reforms so they wouldn’t drop coverage for employees and members BEFORE the presidential contest.
Yet a majority of voters on Election Day still opposed the health law (though, obviously, it wasn’t the deciding issue in the presidential race). And opinion will only sour more as the law takes full force starting in January.
People in their 20s and 30s will be clobbered — their health-insurance premiums will double (or more), insurers report. Nineteen percent of the president’s 2012 voters came from this age group. The biggest problem: The Obama law forces insurers to charge young, healthy people more to cover the cost of insuring the middle-aged and those with pre-existing conditions.
Read more: Disaster for Dems - NYPOST.com http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolu...
i don't waste my time reading links posted by fox, jane says she lost the election because of her stupidity.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Oh by the way if you smoke you better plan on a second job to pay your health care costs. Seems if you smoke you don't get the 'tax credit'. You people really are clueless.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Are you two realy that clueless? I don't need a stupid think tank to tell me that. That's you're program. Most union wages ate tied to the minimum wage by contract. You increase the wage the taxes withheld go up including the (laugh) employers share.
that's your program?

you're a lost cause.

the right wing media has sold you clueless folks a bill of goods that you can't back up. and you call liberals stupid.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry you are so incompetent. I ran my businesses. I even ran businesses while running other people's businesses. I retired at fifty with not a care in the world. Sorry about your luck.
Milk just flew out of my nose.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

another example of how far gone they are...

TN lawmakers confuse mop sink for Muslim foot-washing sink

Republican Sen. Bill Ketron, R-Murfreesboro, confirmed that he had spoken to Humphrey about whether there were religious reasons for the new sink after the issue was raised by Rep. Judd Matheny, R-Tullahoma.

http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20130325/NE...
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> i don't waste my time reading links posted by fox, jane says she lost the election because of her stupidity.
of course you don't :)

however, that doesn't change that what i posted is accurate.

higher costs
long waits
more uninsured than before
reduced employment

...unintended consequences... so typical of damaging policies inflicted by democrats

but hey, sandra fluke will get FREE birth control and that's all that matters
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Oh by the way if you smoke you better plan on a second job to pay your health care costs. Seems if you smoke you don't get the 'tax credit'. You people really are clueless.
if you make more than $50K a year you don't get the 'tax credit'.

the wealthy will pay the annual fine and use concierge style doctors. the rest of us will be waiting longer for fewer available doctors.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Many employers believe that one of the best ways to raise their profit margin is to cut labor costs. But companies like QuikTrip, the grocery-store chain Trader Joe's, and Costco Wholesale are proving that the decision to offer low wages is a choice, not an economic necessity. All three are low-cost retailers, a sector that is traditionally known for relying on part-time, low-paid employees. Yet these companies have all found that the act of valuing workers can pay off in the form of increased sales and productivity.
"Retailers start with this philosophy of seeing employees as a cost to be minimized," says Zeynep Ton of MIT's Sloan School of Management. That can lead businesses into a vicious cycle. Underinvestment in workers can result in operational problems in stores, which decrease sales. And low sales often lead companies to slash labor costs even further. Middle-income jobs have declined recently as a share of total employment, as many employers have turned full-time jobs into part-time positions with no benefits and unpredictable schedules.
QuikTrip, Trader Joe's, and Costco operate on a different model, Ton says. "They start with the mentality of seeing employees as assets to be maximized," she says. As a result, their stores boast better operational efficiency and customer service, and those result in better sales. QuikTrip sales per labor hour are two-thirds higher than the average convenience-store chain, Ton found, and sales per square foot are over 50 percent higher.
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2...
Brilliant, agree!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

WaxmanIdiot wrote:
<quoted text> certainly not the rightwhiners.
Idiot is not what you do. It's who you are.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
what they voted for...more cope and cringe.
the law’s mandatory benefits package and its billions in new taxes on insurers will drive up costs enough that overall premiums for a family of five will start at $20,000 (before subsidies, if any). Oh — and that doesn’t count the penalty for each smoker, roughly $3,000 a head.
(Subsidies may help some people cover sky-high premiums, though not the smoking penalty — but the letter of the law makes those subsidies unavailable in many states. The federal courts will eventually decide the issue.)
Many workers in industries such as retail, hospitality and home care will lose on-the-job health coverage, forecasts the ADP Research Institute — and many will also be demoted to part-time status because of ObamaCare.
Why? The president’s health law mandates that all employers with 50 or more full-time workers provide its “essential benefit package” if they offer insurance — and that package costs about twice what these industries now offer.
Many employers will drop coverage, and pay the (smaller) fine; others will try to avoid that 50-employee limit by using more people part-time.
Even the government’s actuaries admit fewer people will get coverage at work after the employer mandate goes into effect than if the law had not passed.
The real screaming and yelling will start mid-summer leading to mind numbing screeching by Christmas early 2014.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>if you make more than $50K a year you don't get the 'tax credit'.
the wealthy will pay the annual fine and use concierge style doctors. the rest of us will be waiting longer for fewer available doctors.
Actually it stops at $92,000 something, family of 4. It was in the article I posted early this morning.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Supervalu cuts 1100 jobs.
For Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>of course you don't :)
however, that doesn't change that what i posted is accurate.
what any dimwitt posts is nothing but crap jane, carol is another example of desperation talk in full force.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Milk just flew out of my nose.
he retired at 50 because when he had to increase wages for 3 employees he tossed one and he made more money while making 2 work even harder.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Study: Elizabeth Warren's Minimum Wage Argument 'Makes Zero Economic Sense'
In fact unlike Warren's $22 hour minimum wage the study says raising the minimum wage to $10.10 an hour will cost poor people 400,000 to 450,000 jobs and 1000's of small businesses to close. Libtards are SO ftiggin' stupid!!!!
If this post got 13 positive judgeits, then Elizabeth Warren is right.
For Real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is God going to do with us?
keep you chained up as the minorities you wrongwingers are.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Look it's really simple math and I really don't care to argue with you about it. If I have a labor cost of $35 an hour for my 3 employees and the minimum wage goes up $2.85 1 person is getting laid off. No way around it. Simple math.
Raising the minimum wage is about two things. Union wages and increased taxes.
You just proved why I know you never ever ran a successful business with employees.

Was that $35 total for 3 employees. Wow you are a cheap ass.

Or was it $35 per employee and an increase of 8% forces you to cut production/customer service by 33%. If you didn't need that third person, you shouldn't have hired them.

You do know how Republicans handled the need to people to make more money? Earned income tax credits. They subsidized businesses that pay minimum wage through YOUR tax dollars.

Just like you want to continue to subsidize these companies by allowing them to pay less & less & have the government chip in with their various programs because their employees still qualify for government benefits.

The buying power of the minimum wage has fallen below inflation & far below production value.

This is made p through government programs & through higher insurance premiums when these people with no insurance get treatment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

93 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Shesignorant 48,998
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Dale 175,088
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min litesong 45,875
Amy 7-30 1 hr RACE 8
Abby 7-30 1 hr Mister Tonka 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 68,436
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr newpoly 1,867
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr edogxxx 97,574
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs