Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
809,421 - 809,440 of 1,078,922 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>What I miss? Until you take Waxman and his puppet brigade to task for their daily insults towards Lily then you are equally as guilty.
How many times does "waxman" talk about lily's genitals. or post "fantasies" as her wishing to be "spread eagle"? or better yet, "stories" of her having sex with her father and uncle?

Like I said...be a MAN homer!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Hard-liners Are Paving the Way for Their Increased Irrelevance

Dan McCarthy observes that “pro-Israel” hard-liners have succeeded in making themselves increasingly irrelevant:

What Adelson and Kristol and their friends in the Senate have done is to make Israel a more partisan issue than it has been hitherto—and what’s worse, the party the ultras have aligned with is the one that looks set to be out of power for some time to come.

One of the stranger aspects of Republican foreign policy arguments for the last four or five years is how eager “pro-Israel” hard-liners in the party have been to narrow the definition of “pro-Israel” so much that almost no one except for them fully qualifies. Thus it has become standard for these hard-liners to assert that Obama’s mostly conventional Israel policy decisions make him the “most hostile” or “worst” president on matters relating to Israel since the latter’s founding, and we have seen Hagel accorded the same treatment in recent months. These are inherently absurd allegations, but the hard-liners and their movement conservative echoes consider them to be obvious, incontrovertible facts. It doesn’t matter whether they “really” believe what they’re saying. They are identifying everyone not committed to maximalist hawkish positions as their bitter enemies, and that means that they are badly outnumbered and getting more so all the time.

The problem for the hard-liners is that their rhetoric depends on constant escalation of what is required to pass the test: today’s acceptable and conventional “pro-Israel” hawk becomes tomorrow’s “anti-Israel” villain, because at some point most conventionally “pro-Israel” people aren’t going to adhere to the hard-liners’ maximalist and dangerous definition of what it is to be “pro-Israel.” Dan writes that the hard-liners have been successful in policing debate inside the GOP, so that there “won’t be any more Hagels in the future,” but the escalating demands that hard-liners make of politicians ensures that there will be. If Hagel’s mostly conventional record on issues relating to Israel can be suddenly erased or ignored because he appealed for an end to conflict in Lebanon and didn’t sign a few pointless letters, then there is almost no one who cannot be subjected to the same treatment when hard-liners choose to attack. Because of this, there are actually fewer incentives for politicians to listen to hard-liners’ demands, which are increasingly so divorced from reality that they become a liability for anyone not in a safe seat. There may eventually be more incentives to adopt more unconventional views on the grounds that the hard-liners will never be satisfied no matter what one does.

Just as Hagel was pilloried for failing to pass ridiculous litmus tests regarding meaningless resolutions and letters, we should expect to see anyone that voted for cloture today attacked in a similarly ridiculous way for their “anti-Israel” vote. Almost three-quarters of the Senate ignored what “pro-Israel” hard-liners wanted today. That is a modestly encouraging sign that hard-liners are gradually losing ground in terms of overall influence even if that influence remains depressingly great inside the GOP.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
hateful? Homer has a blind eye...or 2. Why are you silent? really homer, try being a man for once.
Yes, hateful, it was mean and nasty, is that your true colors shining through?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>we're waiting for you to post about Oprah's Uncles repeatedly raping her when she was a young girl...common in black families, part of the culture. Sandusky's crime was not considered culturally normal.

You have the statistics to back up your claim?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll ask without the sarcasm....please explain.
everyone here needs to take "fake carol" to task. His/her disgusting posts and woman bashing put a foul stench in here, yet the liberals not only ignore it, but some encourage it. the loiberals claim to be for fairness, let's see you guys actually prove that.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
Ok, ok, I'll quit asking you loony left wingers to be decent people. I've been on here long enough to know it will never happen. Carry on.
And as a moderate I stopped asking rightwingers to be decent over 4 years ago, I knew it would never happen.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you figure out what a tweet is, you'll see how wrong you are.
Hah, you're brain damaged__go back before the election, pages 35-36,000 iirc and read through some of that freaky sht__much of it posted by your stupid azz.

Your gaining on worthless pal.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times does "waxman" talk about lily's genitals. or post "fantasies" as her wishing to be "spread eagle"? or better yet, "stories" of her having sex with her father and uncle?
Like I said...be a MAN homer!
He's usually demeaning in other ways. Ways apparently you have no issue with. Homer is a man, but as has been noted this isn't a dating site. Besides I prefer women and am happily married.
NJ raider 1

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>that "story" is dysfunctional and unusual.
this isn't--it's a majority of the black population in America's inner cities:
barefoot because they never have to leave home and go to work, pregnant without a husband AGAIN, and PERMANENT underclass warehoused in multi-generational ghettos where it is "normal" to throw the used Pampers out the window while ducking gang-fire in the hallways?
the only time it is newsworthy is one of the rare times a black is shot by a police officer. then the victim industry wakes up for a political protest and the dysfunctional family gets a makeover for TV. like this career thug:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/funeral-he...
How exactly would you know what is normal in places you are scared to frequent? It must be normal if it's something you & I from 2 different areas recognize. I mean, I'm not an author or anything, I didn't just make this stuff up! Not to mention it's the hot topic in America today. Gun control, because the very thing you call not normal is happening on an alarming rate. Care to reassess your statement? Must've hit home huh! You ready to admit that there's stereo typical actions in all facets & backgrounds or I gotta talk about the suicide rate of Americas caucasian youth, animal mutilation , serial killers, & meth head prescription drug addicted children. Runaways turn prostitutes in those same ghettos throwing shitty diapers out windows with the likes of them!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, you're brain damaged__go back before the election, pages 35-36,000 iirc and read through some of that freaky sht__much of it posted by your stupid azz.
Your gaining on worthless pal.
I think he 'snapped'. I will miss the old Eman.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone here needs to take "fake carol" to task. His/her disgusting posts and woman bashing put a foul stench in here, yet the liberals not only ignore it, but some encourage it. the loiberals claim to be for fairness, let's see you guys actually prove that.
I didn't see any of it. I'm sure it was no worse than the daily attacks against Leosnana and Lily. Freedom of speech, what can you do? Complain to Topix.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
what's a loiberal?
hee hee hee

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, hateful, it was mean and nasty, is that your true colors shining through?
Colors might be the only "true" thing about namE...guess he never read the Shades of Gray trilogy (or even the reviews like Jane does when she wants to pretend she's literate). Maybe if they could be used to condemn Obama or democrats in some way...Ryan Gosling really going to play Gray? Emma Watson is definitely not playing Anastasia...I haven't read them, but I'm sure they're a bunch of crap...I'm suddenly republicanlike...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I think he 'snapped'. I will miss the old Eman.
Yeah, he's turned into another bronach who has has to make everything personal__fk him.

Speaking of personal, fat boy Tony Stewart (a multi-millionaire btw) just hurt Joey Logano ten times worse with words than he ever could have with fists.

And probably pissed of his protege Miss Patrick at the same time.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you do have a point.

so we start trying to take on the sock-puppeters? so we can instantly become one more of the sock-puppets?

seems to me it's a TOS problem with Topix. even registering doesn't help. the sock-puppeters have started doing that.

and it's not like i haven't defended women's rights. just ask Galt. nonetheless, something probably should be said when it gets out of control.

and now watch....here comes my sock-puppet.

[?]
NUT SurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
I would consider stalking women, something I have done on multiple occasions, as bad, if not worse. I love hunting down their personal information, phones numbers, where they live and work and publishing it on topix. I also make a point of stalking anyone who annoys me, male or female and then steal their identity. So far, so good. My constant insults and harassing of others is applauded!!!! I haven't heard one word of condemnation. Lol, everyone loves me and all my sockpuppets here and encourages my behavior, thank God!!! Don't they?
Hugs, Not Surprized!!!!
Don't they?
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Law enforcement authorities have determined that the gun used to kill Colorado Department of Corrections chief Tom Clements last Tuesday was the same one used by Evan Ebel two days later in a shoot-out with Texas sheriff's deputies, KKTV reports.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/t...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Is Colorado Correction Chief’s Death Linked to Muslim Prisoner He Denied Transfer to Saudi Arabia?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/20/is...

no.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Tiger Woods wins second tournament since getting a golf lesson from the President.

See, if only the dumbass Republicans would pay attention & listen to President Obama, we would be must further recovered from the Great Bush Recession of 2008.

But noooooooooooooooooo. They keep playing the same duck hook "repeal the ACA" shot & ending up with their heads up their asses.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you never went to college (never finished high school?) which is why you're all now "freeloading" on "your" SS and Medicare that you want the government to stay out of.
So you never decided to ask me these questions directly and just assumed what you said before hearing my answers.
I see now. Thanks for the heads up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Guy 174,508
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Mothra 45,768
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min TRD 67,894
In a WAR between RUSSIA and GLOBALISTS, I'm "RO... 1 hr SnuffAGlobalist 1
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 1 hr SnuffAGlobalist 7
Black Women 2 hr joey 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr truth 48,865
Amy 7-23 2 hr Julie 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 9:06PM CDT

•••
•••
•••