Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
809,321 - 809,340 of 1,100,230 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#879625 Mar 25, 2013
The bottom line is this: Had the United Nations resolution of 1947 recommending partition and establishment of two separate states for Jews and Palestinians NOT been subverted by force by the Arab world, there would have been no refugee problem in the first place.

The Jewish leaders agreed to this resolution. The Arab nations and Palestinian Authority rejected it.

Look it up. You won't find a source contradicting this anywhere.
carol

Orlando, FL

#879626 Mar 25, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol gets spanked!
That's funny. Didn't feel a thing.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#879627 Mar 25, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. Didn't feel a thing.
Neither does lily (alcohol)

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#879628 Mar 25, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You're really going to open up with this hateful post? Come on, time for a redo, what do ya got?
S/he keeps trying to get a response so "they" can talk about the permanently ignore line, so no problem...it is, really, all they got...even if the rethuglicans get all women back to barefoot, pregnant, and second class, they'd never get one unless she were lacking a chromosome or two. IMHO
carol

Orlando, FL

#879629 Mar 25, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Cypress once had a thriving economy until recently.
So did Cyprus. What's your point? A tree's a tree...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#879630 Mar 25, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Iím praising Perry for using Hard Working Americans Tax Dollars Wisely!!
He used federal money, time to cut off that revenue stream, the federal government has been broke for years. Why didn't he cut services and/or raise taxes? Instead he drove the rest of the country deeper into debt. And you praise him for this? Do you people read what you fcking type?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#879631 Mar 25, 2013
Well... it's all about this college girl who meets this powerful man who employs 40,000 people, and, well, she sort of falls for him - his POWER - you know... and the next thing you know, he's got her spread-eagled across his mahogany desk.. and did I mention he has "lonnnng" index fingers? Anyway, Rebecca, or whatever her name is, is spread-eagled on the desk and he takes the newspaper, rolls it up into a tight knot and... what? It's on the New York Times bestseller list...
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#879632 Mar 25, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Cypress once had a thriving economy until recently.
So did the rest of the world, see: George W. Bush: failed policies, a couple wars, failed leader of the free world.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#879633 Mar 25, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>S/he keeps trying to get a response so "they" can talk about the permanently ignore line, so no problem...it is, really, all they got...even if the rethuglicans get all women back to barefoot, pregnant, and second class, they'd never get one unless she were lacking a chromosome or two. IMHO
What's so strange is, I WANT to permanently ignore you but I can't!
carol

Orlando, FL

#879634 Mar 25, 2013
Last week, Democratic senators broke their tradition of deference to the Obama White House and publicly pushed back against the president of their own party. Specifically, they went public with demands that the president back off his proposals to slash Social Security and Medicare.

Similarly, the day after one Democratic senator (Ron Wyden) stood with Rand Paulís filibuster and just three Democratic senators voted against Brennanís nomination, the Congressional Progressive Caucus released a scathing letter slamming the administration for its civil liberties and drone-war atrocities. This was backed in spirit by a Washington Post op-ed by Obama confidante John Podesta, who almost never dares to criticize the Democratic president.

Anyone else find this interesting?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#879635 Mar 25, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
For all the drama of President Obama's stirring speech Thursday in Jerusalem, the most encouraging thing about it may have been the applause from the audience. "Remarks of President Obama to the People of Israel," the White House called the speech -- and, like President Reagan, Obama went soaring over the heads of officials, elites, and pundits, directly to Israel's citizenry. In that may lie the nub of a second-term approach to Israeli-Palestinian peacemaking that could prove more fruitful than the frustrations of the first.
Obama showed them how it's done, with eloquence, empathy, and persuasion. In a spirit of enduring friendship, he did some truth-telling of a sort that the Israeli public does not always get from its leadership -- and his youthful audience roared its approval at a volume that could be heard loud and clear in Ramallah, Nablus, and Gaza City. Obama was both warm and strong, wise and supportive, reiterating yet again that the United States will take no options off the table on Iran even while he reminded Israelis that they and the Palestinians have no options on the table besides a two-state solution or unending occupation, terrorism, and muted and mounting rage.
The president is right: The status quo is not static
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/03...
an audience of hand picked naive young college students, sound familiar?

and it wasn't the first time someone had been to Jerusalem claiming to be the Messiah.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#879636 Mar 25, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>S/he keeps trying to get a response so "they" can talk about the permanently ignore line, so no problem...it is, really, all they got...even if the rethuglicans get all women back to barefoot, pregnant, and second class, they'd never get one unless she were lacking a chromosome or two. IMHO
as oppposed to barefoot because they never have to leave home and go to work, pregnant without a husband AGAIN, and PERMANENT underclass warehoused in multi-generational ghettos where it is "normal" to throw the used Pampers out the window while ducking gang-fire in the hallways?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#879638 Mar 25, 2013
Anyway, there's this powerful, rich, tall, charming, magnetic, really handsome guy with longggg index fingers, with a HUGEEEE office and about 6 beautiful blonde secretaries, and he hires this completely powerless, sort of shabby and unobtrusive young woman with no skills and less personality and then, through the application of... fatherly discipline, shall we say, he manages to teach the hopelessly inept creature how to walk and talk and act like a lady. It's a timeless story, really.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#879639 Mar 25, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
And those uppity blacks infuriate you, rite?
Dem I did I know your first card played would be the Race Card!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#879640 Mar 25, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
And those uppity blacks infuriate you, rite?
Well they CERTAINLY infuriate me I can tell you! sometimes when I'm standing on the edge of the abyss one will come by and ask me if he can have my wallet since I won't be needing it anymore and I get SOOOOO angry!
dem

United States

#879641 Mar 25, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>as oppposed to barefoot because they never have to leave home and go to work, pregnant without a husband AGAIN, and PERMANENT underclass warehoused in multi-generational ghettos where it is "normal" to throw the used Pampers out the window while ducking gang-fire in the hallways?
Hi Jane.
You miss me?
carol

Orlando, FL

#879642 Mar 25, 2013
Here's a little excerpt...

"Oh, God! Beat me Mr. Gray! I just love it when you wear the lampshade on your head that's printed to look like money... what? What'd I say? a misplaced participle? What's a participle? BEAT ME! Yess... HARDER...." It's the sort of thing that would appeal to any woman, and most men.
carol

Orlando, FL

#879643 Mar 25, 2013
Obama says Palestinians have a right to self-determination and justice that must be recognized. He says it's not fair when violence by Israeli settlers against Palestinians goes unpunished and that it's wrong to restrict Palestinians' ability to move freely or farm on their land.

Yeah, that's an objective and fair analysis implying ONLY Israelis should be punished...

Maybe he needs to meet with the Arab nations and ask them why they rejected the UN's resolution for Palestine to have it's own territory back in 1947.

Or talk to the parents of the children killed in The Ma'alot massacre in 1974 when armed Palestinian terrorists held Netiv Meir Elementary School hostage for two days killing 22 children with grenades and automatic weapons and injuring 68 more.

I'm sure Israelis haven't forgotten even if he has.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#879644 Mar 25, 2013
carol wrote:
Last week, Democratic senators broke their tradition of deference to the Obama White House and publicly pushed back against the president of their own party. Specifically, they went public with demands that the president back off his proposals to slash Social Security and Medicare.
Similarly, the day after one Democratic senator (Ron Wyden) stood with Rand Paulís filibuster and just three Democratic senators voted against Brennanís nomination, the Congressional Progressive Caucus released a scathing letter slamming the administration for its civil liberties and drone-war atrocities. This was backed in spirit by a Washington Post op-ed by Obama confidante John Podesta, who almost never dares to criticize the Democratic president.
Anyone else find this interesting?
oh sure.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/funnypictu...

so i bet that those Dems are going to win their reelection bids.

and that other thing....

Appearing on Foxís Happening Now this morning, former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton took to defending President ObamaĎs program of targeted assassinations of Americans abroad, calling it what it is: an extension of Bush-era policies.

ďIt seems to me that the approach that the Obama administration is following is consistent with and really derived from the Bush administration approach to the War on Terror,Ē Bolton told host Jenna Lee.ďAnd I think it is entirely sensible. Whether it is foreign citizens who are involved with Al Qaeda or American citizens, we are in a war. They have attacked us. We have a congressional authorization to use military force in response. And thatís whatís at stake here.Ē

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/john-bolton-praise...

FOX and Bolton. what more do we need to know?

damn liberals.
carol

Orlando, FL

#879645 Mar 25, 2013
The United Nations resolution of 1947 recommended partition and establishment of two separate states for Jews and Palestinians that was subverted by the Arab world. Had they agreed, there would have been no refugee problem.

Jewish leaders agreed to the resolution. Arab nations and Palestinian Authority rejected it.

Is anyone getting this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min wojar 177,385
Diversity is a codeword for white genocide 26 min 587uioy 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,991
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 46,316
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 2 hr SLY WEST 299
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr edogxxx 97,934
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr SLY WEST 7,749
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info