Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,446)

Showing posts 808,901 - 808,920 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Budget: When President Obama put out his "balanced" plan to avoid the automatic sequester cuts, no one noticed. Which is probably just as well for Obama, given how embarrassingly unbalanced it is.
Last week, New York Times columnist David Brooks wrote about how Obama "hasn't actually come up with a proposal to avert sequestration, let alone one that is politically plausible."
Turns out, Obama did have one, although Brooks can be excused for not knowing it, since the administration hasn't exactly been promoting this so-called plan.
That, too, is understandable, since it isn't a plan at all, just a list of numbers with little to back them up.
There are no details, for example, about the $200 billion in cuts to defense and domestic discretionary programs, other than that Obama wants them split evenly.
And while he offers $400 billion in "health savings," 30% are lumped in a bucket labeled "other."
Worse, Obama's "balanced" plan actually counts hundreds of billions of new revenues from taxes, fees and rebates as "spending reductions." Examples:
• His plan to "strengthen" unemployment insurance is labeled as a cut, but it's really a $50 billion tax hike.
• The $35 billion from the federal worker retirement programs involves boosting worker contributions.
• Most of the $35 billion in Medicare savings comes from charging wealthy seniors more.
• The $140 billion in "reduced payments to drug companies" are in fact rebates Obama wants drugmakers to pay Uncle Sam for selling drugs to poor seniors.
• Then there's the $45 billion in spectrum fees and asset sales that Obama lists as spending reductions.
Viewed correctly, it turns out that more than $300 billion — about a third — of Obama's proposed "spending cuts" are actually revenue increases.
As a result, instead of $1.2 trillion in spending cuts called for by the sequester over the next decade, Obama would add more than $1 trillion in revenues, while cutting outlays only about $600 billion. And much of those aren't real cuts, but tiny reductions in projected spending growth over the next decade.
And in the end, his plan, such as it is, will do nothing to forestall the nation's oncoming debt crisis.
After four years, Obama's unseriousness as a president continues to surprise us.
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0228...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
So he had a plan.

Obama can't do anything until Congress passes something.

Talk top your right whiner Republicans who decided to let the sequester happen.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are such a birdbrain.
Great response Flackbaugh.

So why were those 55 & older exempt?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Always with the cliches, dumb carol? "don't have a leg to stand on"? Would that refer to all of those "casualties" and "collateral damage" from Dick and Dumbya's criminally stupid war? BTW, where's all that oil we would be getting to pay for it--when will be greeted as liberators--where's our chocolates along the flower strewn path?
It's actually an idiom in the English language meaning in an argument or a case, to have no support thinking you're in the right.

Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore and Ted Kennedy along with the majority of democrats in both the House and Senate supported Bush. They knew Saddam had WMDs even before 9/11 and were privy to the same intelligence.

40 countries stood behind Bush.

So when it comes to blaming just Bush, you have no leg to stand on.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are those 55 & older exempt?
To give people time to adjust their retirement plans for the added costs.
The idea that these people are exempt does not change the fact that the Ryan plan is a voucher system that saves money by making retirees pay more.
The vouchers goes toward paying for insurance not health care. The exemption is to give people and the government time to adjust to a change in the way things are done. I doubt there will be any increase in out of pocket expenses than there is now going into the future.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Why would anybody be surprise by Liberals: Dem vote to keep WH closed to Public, Reid blames Marines death on Sequester!! Mr., Reid the blame lies solely at your feet and the Presidents, the president requested it, you push it, and the President Sign It!! If we were playing ‘Tag the Idiot…You’re ‘IT’!!
What's even more ridiculous is the sequester had nothing to do with the accident in Nevada.

You're right. President Obama and Senator Reid could have avoided the sequester. Maybe if both had just come up with a budget themselves if they weren't willing to compromise.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Are you retarded for real? You say I'm making up oppression stories then in the in your next post totally contradict yourself. The living example of an oxymoron! You along with the rest of your butt buddies ought to do yourselves a huge favor. Sit down & compare each others 60yr old notes. Maybe that will fill in the blanks of your incomplete minds. I doubt it! It's obvious the heavy lifting you all refer to is that of modern books, some from other nations. The key is stop chasing knowledge. As long as you're chasing, it'll continue to run!
Nearly 50+ years of this Great Society social engineering has forced the black man to live on a blue magnet government preserve and NJ raider under the control by the elite and the federal government.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Which Repubs are saying we should change Medicare to private insurance?
Are you just a sleazbucket making stuff up or is that factual? I'd love to see some information about your claim. I would find that interesting. I hope you are not just making this up.
194 Repub Congressmen again voted for the Paul Ryan Budget Plan that makes Medicare private pay insurance. That's who.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/12/news/economy/...

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

carols minge wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, b!tch -- how do you tvats manage to come off even stupider than I originally imagined? Eventually I'll "learn to type?" WTF does that even mean -- to you? But, following your "logic," what did learning to type do for you. You hooked up with one useless oaf, cranked out a couple of little oafs, managed to drive the oaf off into the wilderness rather than listen to another day of your running cakehole (completely understandable), went on the dole (f**k you and your fiscal "conservativism), trawled the biker bars for a new victim, found one, read just enough tripe to think yourself clever and incisive, but manage to come off as a jumped up rube who thinks, at 42, she's sex machine enough to hold on to an aging thug. Wow, honey -- I'm really envious. Do you have any scathing sarcasm you can shoot my way to demonstrate your obvious superiority in the realm of Total Twatdom? Any pithy one-liners, followed by "next?" Well, of course you do!
Look cumcakes, you were up all night, feverishly trying to respond to slurs from other anonymous backwoods monkeys who spend their dwindling years on here -- the illustrious group of senior citizens you are soon destined to join. I think the hub is losing interest in you already -- why else would you be on here, rather than doing full splits on his face, or swallowing the hog? After all, I'm pretty sure that at 42, you're still capable of sucking the chrome off a trailer hitch, but likely not as enthusiastically as you were when, hustling little rube that you are, you were trying to "get the job."
The fvcknuggets are your 2 useless burger-eating sons, honeeeee, probably well on their way to knocking up the first little hillbillyslut who tickles their fancy at the local biker bar -- quitcher projection. Oh, and mon petit mouton, you're as funny as a fart in an unventilated trailer.
I see your morning constitutional went well. I hope that refreshing 'empty' feeling continues throughout your day.

Next...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually an idiom in the English language meaning in an argument or a case, to have no support thinking you're in the right.
Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore and Ted Kennedy along with the majority of democrats in both the House and Senate supported Bush. They knew Saddam had WMDs even before 9/11 and were privy to the same intelligence.
no leg to stand on?

tell that to the folks who voted for Obama in 2008.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

The GOP’s Bush Baggage

If Republicans don’t think that their opponents will keep using George W. Bush as a club with which they bludgeon the party in the next few elections, they forget how much they have relied on trying to paint every Democratic nominee as the next Carter. Bush is their Carter, and the longer it takes them to break with what Bush represented the longer their political woes will last.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Most Americans remember the Bush years as a period of expanding government, ruinous war, and economic collapse. They voted for Obama the first time as a repudiation of those developments. Many did so a second time because most Republicans continue to pretend that they never happened.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/an-inc...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who think we went there for oil are idiots like you. First, you bitch and moan that it was a shameful reason to invade, now you cry because we didn't take the oil. You're so fcuking batty you can't see straight.
So, tell us Einstein; why did Bush invade Iraq?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the coalition of the willing, like Toga. How much did he pay them to send 2 soldiers? You're an idiot.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
no leg to stand on?
tell that to the folks who voted for Obama in 2008.
Since I be votin’ for Obama, my taxes have gone up, my employer stopped offering health insurance, the defecit has doubled, obama killing American citizens, Iran has a nuclear bomb, Korea f*ck you obama, can't get into the White House and my guns may be taken away. Damn you George Bush!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I suspected you watched that show. a good one along with Swamp Loggers and Gold Rush.
Oh, this is rich
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell us Einstein; why did Bush invade Iraq?
After Clinton bombed and started his war with Iraq...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt listens to a variety of sources, but missed whatever Rush had to say about the scumbag lyrics by Obama's role model for his daughters.
As long as black America is into that crap, their future is dismal.
So is the future of the white trash that suck up that garbage.
You're a liar. You have never missed a minute of Limbaugh. All of a sudden you are saying the exact same thing as he did about Beyonce?
What a coinkydink.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Most Americans remember the Bush years as a period of expanding government, ruinous war, and economic collapse. They voted for Obama the first time as a repudiation of those developments. Many did so a second time because most Republicans continue to pretend that they never happened.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/an-inc...
Troll: A deranged liberal who continually posts deliberately provocative cut-n-paste delusional spam shit to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption, a mind without matter, causing a delusional argument, sonicfiller running on complete empty.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the coalition of the willing, like Toga. How much did he pay them to send 2 soldiers? You're an idiot.
December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq and starts war with Iraq.

"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with NUCLEAR ARMS, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said.

Our mission is to attack Iraq's NUCLEAR, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Galt is too f*cking stupid to know the purpose of sending cuts is to reduce the deficit & that revenue increases have the same effect on the deficit as spending cuts.
Obama never proposed military spending cuts.
The sequester was supposed to force Congress to do something. Unfortunately the Republicans decided not to do anything & therefore forced the military spending cuts.
'Once again, Galt blames Obama for the actions of his own party. How typical.
Have you turned in your work on the impacts of volcanoes in relation to the Earth as we know it yet duhmmy?

WTH is Odoofus doing over there in Israel, stirring the anarchial soup of unable to even govern themselves even after already having been given lithospheric area after lithospheric area to live on, yet STILL biotching and complaining, just because they can't pull their collective barbaric anarchial heads out of their collective barbaric anarchial butts?

Maybe a divergent chasm will open up and swallow his odoofus stirring stick whole...and the world could see some peace then.

Geez. Talk about doofy things to be doing....here's hoping the doofus doesn't set of a barrage of yet MORE daily missiles of barbaric anarchy.

Duhmmy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 808,901 - 808,920 of1,034,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min wojar 167,697
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 26 min Jack 3,785
Happy Easter Chicago 9 dead 39 min joey 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 65,215
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 43,043
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr DoDaDoDaDay 47,081
Great Chicago Fire Was Japan's Conspiracy (Jun '11) 2 hr yasuo 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Catfish Hunter 96,157
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••