Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,440)

Showing posts 808,781 - 808,800 of1,033,372
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It has nothing to do with state law. It's store policy dictated by the insurers.
If it was a state law the mom and pops stores wouldn't be exempted.
Seems like we went through this once with video cams in stores that sell lotto tickets.
Customer tracking has been going on for years normally through store credit cards, Lowes. Home Depot, even grocery chains track customers for customized advertising and offers.
The world changed a long time ago thanks to Equifax, Trans Union etc. You weren't paying attention it seems.
Don't use credit cards nor store cards. Pay cash.
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You were bred that way. No one wanted skinny slaves. Thank the whites you hate so much.
Maybe, but you were inbred that way. Years & years of inbreeding dumbed down the already dumb! The end result is you a piece of shit! You really should read up on General Monk Monk ( noble Drew Ali) then tell me who bred who. Your acknowledgment of our dominance is correct, but your assertion as to how we got that way is all wrong. We were created the dominate chosen ones. You were grafted. I can't deny slavery happened, but the truth is they paid quadruple for black slaves vs white slaves because we were physically dominate from the beginning! This is why they did not want blacks participating in sports! We all see the end result. Plenty of stories of how life on earth was created & none of them involve the whiteman until historic religions started talking about the devil. Ironic to say the least!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever go through a checkout at a big-box store and have the clerk ask for your ZIP code, even if paying cash?
And why do you have such an arrogant, condescending attitude? Come with the turf after ripping folks off on used cars for a living?
Hah, you're a trip. Lowes asks for a phone number as part of their return policy__but they won't argue if the customer fusses about privacy.

I spend a fair amount of money at Lowes and Ace and always use my cards because both occasionally send worthwhile discount cards. Home Depot does as well there are none convenient to me.

Flack believes that McDonalds has coded keys on it's cash registers because it's employees can't count___case closed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

carols minge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you're enjoying your few remaining years in Galt's Gulch:
http://www.aqmd.gov/complain/saltonseaodor.ht...
Likely stinks much worse than I do ...
Nowhere near here.

Prevailing winds in other direction, anyway.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Only liberals have the delusion of "payback", ala mafia style.
Debating the issues would be a nice change. Disagreeing on the issues would be a nice change. Pointing out the flaws in the oppositions's policies would be a nice change.
This isn't "payback" as obviously this is what you are accusing republicans of having done.
But liberals can't do any of those things. They would risk revealing their dismal policies, their true identity and agenda and lose votes.
you castigate Obama at every turn with very little in the way of a realistic view of his actions.

so how did you like the Daily Caller interview of Carson? because the things he said that you faux conservatives won't like are the very things that would get him into the WH. and in the process, he did a very good job of pointing out others' flaws, and not just Obama's.

he'll never get near the WH because of it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose the difficulty involved in the 'resolution' of 'not-so-real-rape' thus obviates the necessity to ignore it, and only prosecute if the victim is covered in contusions, and semen is present for DNA testing.
PLEASE don't pretend this isn't what you advocate, or that you've ever had a sexual encounter you didn't specifically encourage. I'm betting you wouldn't even know rape if you were the perpetrator, and that's the biggest part of the problem.
Any man who says he never had some form of sexual encounter with a woman who had a few too many is lying.

Why do you think bars and nightclubs exist?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Not bars, stores. Yes. My dad was paying for the food last year and because I had a twelve pack in there he had to show his ID. He is 91. There are no exceptions. Before you all start he wanted to buy and you don't argue with my dad.
Silly law.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

carols minge wrote:
Contrary to common belief, motorcycle gang members are notoriously hyper-conservative, in spite of their rather catholic sexual habits -- or perhaps BECAUSE of them ...
More likely because they are individualists and don't like anybody, particularly the government, telling them how to lead their lives.

Nobody likes the Obama/Bloomerberg nanny state, but many are hooked on the welfare, like crack addicts.
NJ raider 1

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All professional and college sports need affirmative action programs to level the playing field to give whites equal opportunity.
Now that's one thing we agree on. That's crazy, you just compared the physical dominance of blacks to oppression! Real, but not so much!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, you're a trip. Lowes asks for a phone number as part of their return policy__but they won't argue if the customer fusses about privacy.
I spend a fair amount of money at Lowes and Ace and always use my cards because both occasionally send worthwhile discount cards. Home Depot does as well there are none convenient to me.
Flack believes that McDonalds has coded keys on it's cash registers because it's employees can't count___case closed.
Ever see them try to give change when the register is down? They can't count. Nor add or subtract. Forget about multiply and divide. Take the calculator away and most are a bunch of idiots.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Stopping rape is a men's problem

Women have talked among themselves and with their daughters about preventing rape for a very, very long time. They've gone to self-defense classes, held seminars and published safety tips on how to avoid rape. But self-defense and safety tips cannot alone protect women. Because rape is the inevitable outcome in a society that objectifies and dehumanizes women in a plethora of ways.

Men should join women in becoming vocal about the reasons for rape and what can be done to prevent it.

To start with, men should stop contributing, as so many do now, to an atmosphere that condones rape through silent complicity with, or voiced approval, of rape jokes, various forms of victim-blaming and attitudes that treat women as objects to be had if the opportunity presents itself. Men should speak unhesitatingly in the company of other men to break this cycle.

That means fathers speaking to sons as well. Straightforwardly making their sons clear about what truly constitutes consent requires being clear in their own heads what it means. Consent is not given because a woman has previously given consent, or because her outfit seems to be giving consent. And she obviously is not consenting if she is too inebriated or drugged to stay conscious. A campaign in Vancouver, British Columbia, included a wall poster depicting a woman sprawled on a couch next to some empty wine bottles stated: "Just because she isn’t saying no doesn’t mean she is saying yes.”

Fathers should set an example so that their sons also will not remain silent when such behavior arises among their friends or acquaintances, whether at school or some party where the liquor flows. They should impress upon them that there are no "provocations" or circumstances—none—in which rape can be excused. They should repeat these values until they feel as certain as possible that their sons will not be one of those someday accused of rape or having stood by, much less cheered, while their friends or acquaintances raped.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/03/19/1195...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Ever see them try to give change when the register is down? They can't count. Nor add or subtract. Forget about multiply and divide. Take the calculator away and most are a bunch of idiots.
That is why minimum wage jobs exist, for those with no experience, no education, and no skills.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe, but you were inbred that way. Years & years of inbreeding dumbed down the already dumb! The end result is you a piece of shit! You really should read up on General Monk Monk ( noble Drew Ali) then tell me who bred who. Your acknowledgment of our dominance is correct, but your assertion as to how we got that way is all wrong. We were created the dominate chosen ones. You were grafted. I can't deny slavery happened, but the truth is they paid quadruple for black slaves vs white slaves because we were physically dominate from the beginning! This is why they did not want blacks participating in sports! We all see the end result. Plenty of stories of how life on earth was created & none of them involve the whiteman until historic religions started talking about the devil. Ironic to say the least!
Very few black quarterbacks. Slaves weren't bred to be smart.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
that 'who knows' is the premise of most conservative assertions about the 'liberal menace'.
Good comeback. But wrong.

Accusing an opponent of falsely killing someone's wife is not an assertion. Accusing opponents of wanting to throw old people off cliffs and wanting children to starve to death are not assertions.

So you really don't have a leg to stand on.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All professional and college sports need affirmative action programs to level the playing field to give whites equal opportunity.
Galt proves he has no concept of why Affirmative action was put in place.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed landmark new gun laws on Wednesday expanding background checks on gun purchases and limiting the size of ammunition magazines, placing the traditionally firearm-friendly state among the handful to pass new restrictions in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Conn.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/20/17...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You were bred that way. No one wanted skinny slaves. Thank the whites you hate so much.
No surprise that Enam will quote his g hero Rush Limbaugh.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you castigate Obama at every turn with very little in the way of a realistic view of his actions.
so how did you like the Daily Caller interview of Carson? because the things he said that you faux conservatives won't like are the very things that would get him into the WH. and in the process, he did a very good job of pointing out others' flaws, and not just Obama's.
he'll never get near the WH because of it.
It's really the media's job to hold Obama's feet to the fire. That's supposed to be the only reason they exit - to hold those in power accountable on behalf of the folks.

But the media is as corrupt as the Chicago politicians in power.

That's why you're either completely in the dark or in the abyss of denial.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly practice when the person if obviously of legal age.
Do they ask 80-year olds to show proof in a bar?
What if a person has no ID, like all those Obama voters?
I was in Chico last year and was not allowed into a bar because i did not have ID. The bouncer told me local law required all bar patrons to carry a valid form of ID while inside. They were checking everyone, some for possession and others for age. we were able to find a bar that didn't care that i didn't have ID with me.
carols minge

Atmore, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any man who says he never had some form of sexual encounter with a woman who had a few too many is lying.
Why do you think bars and nightclubs exist?
Plus, it's the only way you ever would have gotten laid ... so many years ago ...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 808,781 - 808,800 of1,033,372
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

123 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min CDC 46,985
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min former res 64,921
Men charged with selling sewer covers, grates f... (Aug '12) 7 min Huh 4
Abby 4-16 7 min Mister Tonka 25
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Sublime1 95,988
Abby 4-14 14 min Mister Tonka 48
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Professor Emeritus Fellow 42,921
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]