Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
808,401 - 808,420 of 1,079,665 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
NJ raider 1

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>. Ok blacks make up 13% of the population, 64% recive welfare, compared to 11% of the white population.
There are a lot of whites on welfare but not even a close comparison if you go by percentage and look at which group is more likely to receive welfare as a whole
If the welfare program was run as it was intended , as a temporary releif program to help one get through hard times and not a cradle to grave income that the government has allowed it to become there would be far fewer of any race on it. As for being able to subside , aid should only cover the basic needs for a short period of time. Makeing poverty comfortable does nothing to solve the problem, allowing poverty to be uncomfortable encourages one to work for a better circumstance.
I figured someone would respond to her post & not mines giving the in depth statistics I presented. Where did you get your info from, a fantasy fiction novel? As I stated yesterday 24.7% of blacks live below the poverty line as to only 8.6% of whites. 24% of 13% is only about 3.2 1/2%. A far cry from your assertion of 64%! Now lets just talk TANF(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), which is the most popular form of welfare, we see the white percentage blossom to 70%. Even if we add in public assistance the percentages are 39.4-black, 38.9%-white. Now you tel me which is more, 39.4% of 13% or 38.9% of whites!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> For some reason 'drinking alcohol' didn't post above.
Looked like a place of severe manic high posting disrorder in here last night.

Even for anyone in an inebriated condition.

(whacko, whacko)
NJ raider 1

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

My bad, 38.9% of 74%!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I figured someone would respond to her post & not mines giving the in depth statistics I presented. Where did you get your info from, a fantasy fiction novel? As I stated yesterday 24.7% of blacks live below the poverty line as to only 8.6% of whites. 24% of 13% is only about 3.2 1/2%. A far cry from your assertion of 64%! Now lets just talk TANF(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), which is the most popular form of welfare, we see the white percentage blossom to 70%. Even if we add in public assistance the percentages are 39.4-black, 38.9%-white. Now you tel me which is more, 39.4% of 13% or 38.9% of whites!
Speaking of stats , what is the ratio of black to white in terms of felony conviction and incarceration , also the number of single parent or no parent involvement in the black comunity ??
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I figured someone would respond to her post & not mines giving the in depth statistics I presented. Where did you get your info from, a fantasy fiction novel? As I stated yesterday 24.7% of blacks live below the poverty line as to only 8.6% of whites. 24% of 13% is only about 3.2 1/2%. A far cry from your assertion of 64%! Now lets just talk TANF(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), which is the most popular form of welfare, we see the white percentage blossom to 70%. Even if we add in public assistance the percentages are 39.4-black, 38.9%-white. Now you tel me which is more, 39.4% of 13% or 38.9% of whites!
They can't see the white faces. Cradle to grave welfare does not exist. It feels good and justified to the white supremacist to imagine welfare is only given to blacks. The poster should perhaps consider changing his name to Proud to be a dummy.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>. Ok blacks make up 13% of the population, 64% recive welfare, compared to 11% of the white population.
There are a lot of whites on welfare but not even a close comparison if you go by percentage and look at which group is more likely to receive welfare as a whole
If the welfare program was run as it was intended , as a temporary releif program to help one get through hard times and not a cradle to grave income that the government has allowed it to become there would be far fewer of any race on it. As for being able to subside , aid should only cover the basic needs for a short period of time. Makeing poverty comfortable does nothing to solve the problem, allowing poverty to be uncomfortable encourages one to work for a better circumstance.
I will repeat: 80% of welfare recipients are single white women with children. There is no such thing as cradle to grave welfare. Poverty is never comfortable, wanting your fellow Americans and children to go hungry is a sickness inherent in the mind of the rightwinger, who is one step away from poverty himself, it's your biggest fear.
A healthy educated population benefits all of society. Without social safety nets crime increases. You're obviously of limited intellect.
We give $10 million a day to Israel, not to mention all the other countries aid as well, Israel has socialized medicine and education, we pay for that, yet, you hate your own fellow Americans because you have some misguided notion that you are special because you are white?
You should be embarrassed at your ignorance
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like bathroom doors in a school (just about any school) and when ya open up 'em up, the cloud of it comes barrelling out?
It were that way even when us ol' timers went ta school..except back then, we didn't blame our parents, oh hella no, it wasn't our parents in there sharing a tobaccer stick before the bell rung lol.
Shame on US!
High school kids. At least they have a decent excuse for acting like high schoolers.:-)
You're insane
NJ raider 1

Asbury Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text> Speaking of stats , what is the ratio of black to white in terms of felony conviction and incarceration , also the number of single parent or no parent involvement in the black comunity ??
When presented with facts, I figured some Asshole would respond with some dumshit! Giving an ultimatum of live in poverty or play the game, I'd choose the game everytime! Your phoney stats only points to the ignorance of you & your kind, but comments like yours shows fear because change is evident & in progress as we speak ie. Black President. White House occupied by black folks, BBQs on the White House lawn. Not only the black president, but elected twice over the status quo! And your kind won't sniff that office again! What hurts you the most ignoramus is it was your kids that got the president elected both times. Chew on that shit!
DrZiggypapersFru ed

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm insane
We see that.
TheCompassionofP opeJ

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

DrZiggypapersFrued wrote:
<quoted text>
We see that.
<quoted text>
I'm insane

and truly feel for the ones that have to deal with you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> When presented with facts, I figured some Asshole would respond with some dumshit! Giving an ultimatum of live in poverty or play the game, I'd choose the game everytime! Your phoney stats only points to the ignorance of you & your kind, but comments like yours shows fear because change is evident & in progress as we speak ie. Black President. White House occupied by black folks, BBQs on the White House lawn. Not only the black president, but elected twice over the status quo! And your kind won't sniff that office again! What hurts you the most ignoramus is it was your kids that got the president elected both times. Chew on that shit!
Government Spends More on Corporate Welfare Subsidies than Social Welfare Programs

http://thinkbynumbers.org/government-spending...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Congratulations, Ed.

You see that Nobraina (pretending to be Galt) is a world class moron!!

The dram laws are on the books to protect human life.

Alcohol is recognized as a dangerous drug, but legal.

Your state has good, sensible laws, in line with most of the nation.

States have wrestled with these laws for decades. Serving minors can lead to loss of liquor license. Nobody can tell anyone's age, the very idea proves Nobraina to be an idiot.

There are young women (under 21) that can easily be made up to appear older. Happens every day, all over America and the world.

That's why showing ID is mandatory.

To prove Nobraina's stupidity, there's this;

Ever since Tenzing explained Libertarianism to Nobraina, he's pretended to be one. He doesn't get it or anything else. He deals in ignorance and hatred.

Alcoholics like Nobraina get upset whenever anyone says they might not be able to get booze on request without ID.

The law in WA;

"Employees

Bouncers, bartenders, servers and cashiers are the first line of defense when it comes to selling alcohol responsibly. They should be vigilant when checking ID, understand that they must refuse to sell someone alcohol if they are apparently intoxicated or under 21, and know how to handle situations that could lead to harm, such as a fight between patrons.
Employees should understand state liquor laws and their company's policies about alcohol sales. They can get a good overview during free “Responsible Alcohol and Tobacco Sales” classes offered regularly by WSLCB enforcement officers. The classes cover topics such as checking ID and identifying the signs of intoxication.
Also, employees that serve or supervise the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption must have a current Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) Permit. More information about MAST permits is available on the Licensing Services page.

Checking ID

Checking identification is an important part of ensuring legal sales. Businesses can choose which forms of acceptable IDs they will allow and many businesses develop policies about which kinds of ID can be accepted.

Acceptable forms of ID:

Driver License, ID Card, or Instruction Permit issued by any U.S. state or Canadian province
Washington Temporary Driver License
U.S. Military ID
Official Passport
Merchant Marine ID
Washington State Tribal Enrollment Card
A valid ID must show:
Date of birth
Signature (except U.S. Military IDs)
Photo
Expiration date (except Tribal Enrollment Cards)

Identifying signs of intoxication

If a customer is showing signs of intoxication, a business should refuse to sell them alcohol. The customer may stay at the business as long as they are not drinking alcohol.

----------

You win, Ed. You made Nobraina look like a fool.

But that's easy.
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
In this state if you are politely asked for ID on a drinking establishment and you politely refuse to offer said ID you will be politely asked to leave. If you refuse you will be ordered to leave. If you refuse the authorities will be called. You will leave, one way or the other. Remember the business has the right to refuse service. You have no right to be on others property if they do not want you there. The owners do not have to surrender their rights.
Peace
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Joining Republicans in opposing the Democratic budget were Democratic senators from conservative-leaning states: Max Baucus of Montana, Mark Begich of Alaska, Kay Hagan of North Carolina and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.
Voting for a budget that raises tax revenues could increase their vulnerability in congressional elections next year and put Democrats' thin majority at risk.
Long time working class people are sick of OVER-paying taxes to support the something for nothing, entitleMENTALly ill slackertic crowds.
Can't wait to watch how they'll try and get the stupidos who think nothing of spending OTHER peoples hard earned tax dollars (no matter the labelduhm label) to finally acknowledge that FACT.
the democrats, the democrats!!

try to pay attention....

Senate Republicans Willfully and Knowingly Lie to Their Constituents

Last night, having noted the list of Republicans in the Senate who voted to fund Obamacare in yesterday’s Morning Briefing, I went through a series of emails from readers.

Readers from Texas, Kentucky, Utah, South Dakota, and Georgia all had the same story. They’d called the offices of Senators Chambliss, Cornyn, Hatch, Thune, McConnell, and Isakson to object to those senators funding Obamacare. They were all told by these Senate offices that these Senators had voted to defund Obamacare or, in the case of Senator Cornyn’s office, that there had been no vote on defunding Obamacare.

These Senators and their staffs are lying. They voted to fund Obamacare. More troubling, they know they did it.

Yesterday, on the floor of the Senate, Mitch McConnell again said,“Obamacare is a colossal mistake for our country.... We need to start all over. This bill needs to be repealed and it needs to be replaced.... And anyone who thinks we’ve given up this fight is dead wrong.”

It’s similar to what he said at CPAC. I am sure he will keep on saying it.

But, Senator McConnell and a sizable portion of the Republican Conference voted to fund Obamacare and now they are lying about doing so.

Here’s how they are doing it.

The continuing resolution they voted for funds Obamacare.

Senator Ted Cruz offered an amendment to defund Obamacare. All of the Republicans in the Senate voted for that amendment, but that amendment failed.

So that gets us back to the continuing resolution, which funds Obamacare. Senator McConnell voted for it. By voting for the continuing resolution he was voting to fund Obamacare. Same with these others. In fact, a majority of the Republican Senate Conference voted against the continuing resolution in part because it funds Obamacare. But the following Senators voted to pass the continuing resolution even though it still funds Obamacare....

....If any one of those senators tells you they did not vote to fund Obamacare or, in fact, voted against funding Obamacare, they are being mendacious. They may have voted for Ted Cruz’s amendment, but after it failed, they still knowingly and willingly voted to fund Obamacare. And now they are lying to their constituents who call them out on it.

Many of these same Senators are also supporting separate legislation to foist a massive tax increase on the American people.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/22/senate-rep...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

In your home of PA, the State runs the liquor stores!!

And you say WA is a police State??

You get more stupid by the day.

The Aricept is not working. You're sinking deeper into dementia.
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that Washington appears to be a police state, we may be splitting hairs. As Galt reads the state regulations, the owner of the establishment may request identification, but is not required to do so.
In the long run, tavern owners who act like a-holes will go bankrupt.
Your bigger problem may be importing liquor. If your cousin in Portland gave you a bottle when you visited over Christmas and you brought it back to Washington, you may be guilty of a serious crime.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

The Topix Gods appear to have it in for you.

You're the only one complaining of having your posts modified or deleted.

They're trying to tell you something. Pay attention. Do us all a favor.

Same with Nobraina. He had some nasty anti-muslim posts yesterday, but they were taken down.
flack wrote:
<quoted text> For some reason 'drinking alcohol' didn't post above.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the depression you cause those around you?
I apologize if my proving you right whiners wrong all the time depresses you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Spoken like the cowardly POS you are, Nobraina.

Afraid to deal with me?? You should be. I point out your ignorance and you hate it!!

You run off like a scalded dog!!

I'm lovin' driving you further 'round the bend!!
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggest a boycott of nucular until he lets Demos/Tenzing out of the closet.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
They can't see the white faces. Cradle to grave welfare does not exist. It feels good and justified to the white supremacist to imagine welfare is only given to blacks. The poster should perhaps consider changing his name to Proud to be a dummy.
teabaggers whine all day long as they have been thrown under the bus by the republicans
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Led by Sen. Mike Enzi, Republicans Will Vote to Raise Taxes & Tax iTunes Downloads

Congressional Republicans led by Senator Mike Enzi of Wyoming and Democratic Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois, are about to raise Americans’ taxes and set in place the foundation for states to be able to tax downloads from the internet, including from places like iTunes. Senators Durbin and Enzi are inserting an internet tax as an amendment to the Senate budget bill.

The tax sounds innocuous enough. The tax is hiding under legislation called the Marketplace Fairness Act. The Act purportedly just harmonizes state laws so internet sales are also taxed. After all, it is not fair that Amazon does not charge all its customers sales taxes. It puts them at a competitive advantage over mom and pop shops. Sounds good until you realize what’s actually going on with this latest scheme to peddle “fairness.”

One day I will have a scorecard for conservatives. And those Republicans who vote for the Marketplace Fairness Act in any form will be blackballed from that scorecard. Until then, I hope groups like Club for Growth and Heritage Action will score against it. It is a damnable piece of legislation whose backers are a who’s who of major corporations.

The staggering irony of the Marketplace Fairness Act is that it is written by states craving more money and massive corporations like Wal-Mart who want to hurt small businesses that have become successfully competitive against big retailers online. And in selling the Marketplace Fairness Act, these big businesses and governments have hired lobbyists to claim the law actually benefits small businesses. But the backers are a whose who of major corporations who have a history of using their connections in government to hurt small businesses that have figured out how to successfully compete against big businesses.

Even more shameful, these big businesses and state governments have been pouring money into conservative outfits and right-of-center lobbying outfits to try to convince conservatives that tapping a massive new revenue stream for states to balance budgets is somehow a conservative milestone.

Some of those supporting the Marketplace Fairness Act are good people with good intentions who believe the law is noble in purpose and buy the spin. But many are bought and paid for by the major corporations who have for too long rigged the system to their advantage by shutting out entrepreneurial competitors through the tax code and other laws.

Republicans who vote for the Marketplace Fairness Act, including Mike Enzi, should be, metaphorically speaking because it’d otherwise be illegal, flogged.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/03/20/led-by-sen...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

The Politics of Austerity and the Influence of the 1%

The deficit and debt have been the dominant issues of the first months of President Obama’s second term. Apart from the gun control debate provoked by horror in Newton, Connecticut, it sometimes seems as if the country’s governing class speaks of nothing else. Although Republicans have recently engaged in self-criticism for excessive interest in budget, the fiscal fixation is bipartisan. The fact that the deficit has actually shrunk under the Obama Administration is a current Democratic talking point.

But who actually cares about federal spending and borrowing? According to the political scientists Benjamin I. Page and Larry Bartels, fiscal matters are the special obsession of the 1%. In a piece for the L.A. Times, Page and Bartels present evidence that the rich have a distinctive austerity agenda centered on deficit and debt reduction, while the broad public care more about jobs and protecting entitlements. They go on to suggest, based on a substantial body of research, that politicians tend to respond to concerns of the economic elite rather than their own constituents.

In addition to its growing scientific basis, this argument is consistent with the idea that extreme inequality of wealth is a threat to democracy. I’m generally sympathetic to that view. But I’m not sure that interest in fiscal issues is a good test case.

To begin with, there are plenty of reasons that politicians might prefer to talk about the deficit and the debt than about unemployment. The most important is that it’s pretty easy to develop a fiscal plan, while no one actually knows how to encourage mass hiring or restore vigorous economic growth. Politicians are generally reluctant to admit that anything beyond their understanding or control. Talking about the deficit, then, is a way of maintaining the illusion that the fate of the economy will be determined in Washington.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-po...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 min Uzi 67,926
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min truth 48,894
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 1 hr joey 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr ritedownthemiddle 45,779
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Milsack 174,600
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 3 hr TW_sugar_daddio 10
Amy 7-24 3 hr loose cannon 19
Abby 7-24 4 hr Pippa 42
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Mister Tonka 97,524
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••