Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
808,361 - 808,380 of 1,099,888 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
PDUPONT

Greenfield, MA

#878560 Mar 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
An astronomer at the University of California Berkley said, after scientists were baffled that the universe was expanding rather than their logical theory of gravitational contraction, "I still recall feeling very excited — excited that it was true and also very anxious … because most things you discover in science are wrong, and they have a half-life of about five minutes."
Did you get that? "Most things you discover in science are wrong and have a half-life of about five minutes"?
But you go on believing Al Gore and his phony-baloney scientific data. Don't forget to light another candle at the altar of Scientific Theories Can Explain Everything.
Yeah Carol , quote one scientist who's talking about astrophysics not climate science.
Climate change is not phony baloney stupid, it's backed up by actual evidence. We've been recording temperatures for over a century and we've been studying carbon dioxide levels for nearly as long and there is a direct correlation between the two. The latest convert to what climatologists have known for a long time is Dr Richard A. Muller whose Berkeley Earth Surface Temperature project was funded by the Koch brothers to disprove global warming and human induced climate change. He stated after studying the data;
“Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.”
He further stated;
“that the average temperature of the earth’s land has risen by 2½ degrees Fahrenheit over the past 250 years, including an increase of 1½ degrees over the most recent 50 years. Moreover, it appears likely that essentially all of this increase results from the human emission of greenhouse gases.”
You constantly claim to be a religious person and yet you shill for the people who despoil Gods creation in order to enrich themselves while caring not a whit for the damage they cause that affects the rest of us. Idiots like you will be the death of this planet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
proud2bwhite

Medina, OH

#878561 Mar 23, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
80% of the people on welfare are single white women with children.
Blacks make up only something like 13% of the population and yet you can't stop obsessing about them in everything you say.
So please spare us your phony concern about the black family.
Did you find out about Bill Clintons welfare reform act? Do you know how much a person receives on welfare? Do some homework and let us know if you could subside on it. It's not the picnic that your party depicts it to be.
. Ok blacks make up 13% of the population, 64% recive welfare, compared to 11% of the white population.
There are a lot of whites on welfare but not even a close comparison if you go by percentage and look at which group is more likely to receive welfare as a whole
If the welfare program was run as it was intended , as a temporary releif program to help one get through hard times and not a cradle to grave income that the government has allowed it to become there would be far fewer of any race on it. As for being able to subside , aid should only cover the basic needs for a short period of time. Makeing poverty comfortable does nothing to solve the problem, allowing poverty to be uncomfortable encourages one to work for a better circumstance.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#878562 Mar 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just politely decline to show identification.
Surrender a few rights and you lose them all.
Large military presence here. Extremely large. This is also moonshine country. Also North Carolina is 20 miles away which leads some bar owner to cross over the line for cheaper booze. If a ABCC officer finds anybody in a restaurant without an ID the restaurant and the individual will be fined. Just a fact of life here in Virginia.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#878563 Mar 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any rational person distrusts the police, who are born liars and bullies. And Obama wants the police (and worse yet, crazy retired cops) to be the only ones with guns.
Yeehaw...Let's all keepuh votin' heller yeah fer some of that ther Egyptian model type uf demonocracy, of anarchy, by anarchists......

"Women violated in the cradle of Egypt's revolution, activists say"

Cairo's Tahrir Square, once the staging ground for the massive uprising that ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, is quickly becoming notorious for something very different: an organized campaign of sexual assaults, activists say.

The past year has seen an increase in attacks against women at demonstrations, but recently they have been particularly rampant – and, according to witnesses and activists, they have been following similar patterns.

On the two-year anniversary of the revolution on Jan. 25, at least 19 women were sexually assaulted in and around Tahrir Square in one night, some with knives, activists said. Dozens more cases have been reported in the two months since.

“The message to women is,‘You should stay at home, you should stop protesting, you should feel stigmatized,’” said Hania Moheeb, an Egyptian journalist who was herself assaulted in the square that night....

(MSNNews.3/23/2013)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#878564 Mar 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is feeling no pain at the moment,the conclusion of a great day where the Obamabots did not intrude on Galt's life.
Geez, how'd you manage that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#878565 Mar 23, 2013
CarMan VII wrote:
I got about 5 of those things and the damnedest thing is they all smell like smoke. I don't allow no smoking inside but the kids all do it anyway. I blame the parents.
Kinda like bathroom doors in a school (just about any school) and when ya open up 'em up, the cloud of it comes barrelling out?

It were that way even when us ol' timers went ta school..except back then, we didn't blame our parents, oh hella no, it wasn't our parents in there sharing a tobaccer stick before the bell rung lol.

Shame on US!

High school kids. At least they have a decent excuse for acting like high schoolers.:-)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#878566 Mar 23, 2013
Recent brutal attacks on the GOP have claimed that minorities often think that “Republicans do not like them or want them in the country.” That younger voters are “rolling their eyes at what the party represents.” That former Republicans view the party as “scary,”“narrow-minded,”“out of touch” and populated by “stuffy old men.”

But these were not Democratic attacks. The quotes come from the Republican National Committee’s “Growth & Opportunity Project” report, which, as far as I can tell, is unique in the history of party-sponsored self-reflection. Losing parties generally look in the mirror and see the need for cosmetics. This report calls for reconstructive surgery. In the aftermath of the 2012 election, it describes a party unpopular with the public, fading in must-win states and progressively marginalized at the national level.

Yet this analysis should be encouraging for Republicans in the same way that a reliable medical diagnosis is encouraging — it provides the basis for aggressive treatment.

The report, inevitably, set off an internal GOP conflict. This is not so much a matter of ideology; a number of politicians with tea party roots, such as Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, have fully internalized these political realities. The emerging argument is between political realists and ideological entrepreneurs.

All conservatives believe in the power of markets, which is explanatory in this case. The RNC is attempting to reach the market of gettable voters in Ohio, Colorado, New Mexico and other electorally strategic places. Other conservatives target the markets of talk-radio listeners or attendees of the Conservative Political Action Conference. The RNC report engages this divergence of purposes in a forthright manner:“We have become expert in how to provide ideological reinforcement to like-minded people, but devastatingly we have lost the ability to be persuasive with, or welcoming to, those who do not agree with us on every issue.” The role of a political party, the report insists, is different from the pursuit of “universal purity.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/michae...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#878567 Mar 23, 2013
Major Republican donors seem perfectly willing to support the presidential races of quixotic candidates. They foot the bill for television attack ads. They seem less interested in funding the revival of ideas and policy that is a prerequisite to reestablishing a GOP majority. It is a strategic failure of the first order.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#878568 Mar 23, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Large military presence here. Extremely large. This is also moonshine country. Also North Carolina is 20 miles away which leads some bar owner to cross over the line for cheaper booze. If a ABCC officer finds anybody in a restaurant without an ID the restaurant and the individual will be fined. Just a fact of life here in Virginia.
For some reason 'drinking alcohol' didn't post above.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#878569 Mar 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Recent brutal attacks on the GOP have claimed that minorities often think that “Republicans do not like them or want them in the country.” That younger voters are “rolling their eyes at what the party represents.” That former Republicans view the party as “scary,”“narrow-minded,”“out of touch” and populated by “stuffy old men.”
But these were not Democratic attacks. The quotes come from the Republican National Committee’s “Growth & Opportunity Project” report, which, as far as I can tell, is unique in the history of party-sponsored self-reflection. Losing parties generally look in the mirror and see the need for cosmetics. This report calls for reconstructive surgery. In the aftermath of the 2012 election, it describes a party unpopular with the public, fading in must-win states and progressively marginalized at the national level.
Yet this analysis should be encouraging for Republicans in the same way that a reliable medical diagnosis is encouraging — it provides the basis for aggressive treatment.
The report, inevitably, set off an internal GOP conflict. This is not so much a matter of ideology; a number of politicians with tea party roots, such as Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, have fully internalized these political realities. The emerging argument is between political realists and ideological entrepreneurs.
All conservatives believe in the power of markets, which is explanatory in this case. The RNC is attempting to reach the market of gettable voters in Ohio, Colorado, New Mexico and other electorally strategic places. Other conservatives target the markets of talk-radio listeners or attendees of the Conservative Political Action Conference. The RNC report engages this divergence of purposes in a forthright manner:“We have become expert in how to provide ideological reinforcement to like-minded people, but devastatingly we have lost the ability to be persuasive with, or welcoming to, those who do not agree with us on every issue.” The role of a political party, the report insists, is different from the pursuit of “universal purity.”
Joining Republicans in opposing the Democratic budget were Democratic senators from conservative-leaning states: Max Baucus of Montana, Mark Begich of Alaska, Kay Hagan of North Carolina and Mark Pryor of Arkansas.

Voting for a budget that raises tax revenues could increase their vulnerability in congressional elections next year and put Democrats' thin majority at risk.

Long time working class people are sick of OVER-paying taxes to support the something for nothing, entitleMENTALly ill slackertic crowds.
Can't wait to watch how they'll try and get the stupidos who think nothing of spending OTHER peoples hard earned tax dollars (no matter the labelduhm label) to finally acknowledge that FACT.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
PDUPONT

Greenfield, MA

#878570 Mar 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you would have loved O'Reilly the other night.
He disagrees with the Iraq War and said we could have taken Saddam out without having lost so much blood and treasure.
He also said we should never be involved in any country going forward unless they pose a direct threat to our own security.
Sounded a lot like you.
Sure Carol, except that in 2003 he was one of the biggest boosters of the invasion.
2/26 03; "This guy we know has anthrax and VX and all this stuff."
Well, it turns out he didn't.
On 1/14/03 he was closer to the truth; "We basically feel that he is a danger to our oil supply there,"
He even tried to tie Sadaam Hussein to 9/11 on 9/14/ 03;
"Saddam Hussein...I believe is involved with this World Trade Center and Pentagon bombing. I believe that you're going to find out that money from Iraq flowed in and helped this happen." Well, no, there's never been any connection made.
Bill O'Reilly makes a lot of money by telling fools like you what they want to hear.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Elizabeth, NJ

#878571 Mar 23, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>. Ok blacks make up 13% of the population, 64% recive welfare, compared to 11% of the white population.
There are a lot of whites on welfare but not even a close comparison if you go by percentage and look at which group is more likely to receive welfare as a whole
If the welfare program was run as it was intended , as a temporary releif program to help one get through hard times and not a cradle to grave income that the government has allowed it to become there would be far fewer of any race on it. As for being able to subside , aid should only cover the basic needs for a short period of time. Makeing poverty comfortable does nothing to solve the problem, allowing poverty to be uncomfortable encourages one to work for a better circumstance.
I figured someone would respond to her post & not mines giving the in depth statistics I presented. Where did you get your info from, a fantasy fiction novel? As I stated yesterday 24.7% of blacks live below the poverty line as to only 8.6% of whites. 24% of 13% is only about 3.2 1/2%. A far cry from your assertion of 64%! Now lets just talk TANF(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), which is the most popular form of welfare, we see the white percentage blossom to 70%. Even if we add in public assistance the percentages are 39.4-black, 38.9%-white. Now you tel me which is more, 39.4% of 13% or 38.9% of whites!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#878572 Mar 23, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> For some reason 'drinking alcohol' didn't post above.
Looked like a place of severe manic high posting disrorder in here last night.

Even for anyone in an inebriated condition.

(whacko, whacko)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Elizabeth, NJ

#878574 Mar 23, 2013
My bad, 38.9% of 74%!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Mechanicsville, VA

#878575 Mar 23, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I figured someone would respond to her post & not mines giving the in depth statistics I presented. Where did you get your info from, a fantasy fiction novel? As I stated yesterday 24.7% of blacks live below the poverty line as to only 8.6% of whites. 24% of 13% is only about 3.2 1/2%. A far cry from your assertion of 64%! Now lets just talk TANF(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), which is the most popular form of welfare, we see the white percentage blossom to 70%. Even if we add in public assistance the percentages are 39.4-black, 38.9%-white. Now you tel me which is more, 39.4% of 13% or 38.9% of whites!
Speaking of stats , what is the ratio of black to white in terms of felony conviction and incarceration , also the number of single parent or no parent involvement in the black comunity ??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#878577 Mar 23, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> I figured someone would respond to her post & not mines giving the in depth statistics I presented. Where did you get your info from, a fantasy fiction novel? As I stated yesterday 24.7% of blacks live below the poverty line as to only 8.6% of whites. 24% of 13% is only about 3.2 1/2%. A far cry from your assertion of 64%! Now lets just talk TANF(Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), which is the most popular form of welfare, we see the white percentage blossom to 70%. Even if we add in public assistance the percentages are 39.4-black, 38.9%-white. Now you tel me which is more, 39.4% of 13% or 38.9% of whites!
They can't see the white faces. Cradle to grave welfare does not exist. It feels good and justified to the white supremacist to imagine welfare is only given to blacks. The poster should perhaps consider changing his name to Proud to be a dummy.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#878578 Mar 23, 2013
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>. Ok blacks make up 13% of the population, 64% recive welfare, compared to 11% of the white population.
I will repeat: 80% of welfare recipients are single white women with children. There is no such thing as cradle to grave welfare. Poverty is never comfortable, wanting your fellow Americans and children to go hungry is a sickness inherent in the mind of the rightwinger, who is one step away from poverty himself, it's your biggest fear.
A healthy educated population benefits all of society. Without social safety nets crime increases. You're obviously of limited intellect.
We give $10 million a day to Israel, not to mention all the other countries aid as well, Israel has socialized medicine and education, we pay for that, yet, you hate your own fellow Americans because you have some misguided notion that you are special because you are white?
You should be embarrassed at your ignorance
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#878579 Mar 23, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda like bathroom doors in a school (just about any school) and when ya open up 'em up, the cloud of it comes barrelling out?
It were that way even when us ol' timers went ta school..except back then, we didn't blame our parents, oh hella no, it wasn't our parents in there sharing a tobaccer stick before the bell rung lol.
Shame on US!
High school kids. At least they have a decent excuse for acting like high schoolers.:-)
You're insane
NJ raider 1

Elizabeth, NJ

#878580 Mar 23, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text> Speaking of stats , what is the ratio of black to white in terms of felony conviction and incarceration , also the number of single parent or no parent involvement in the black comunity ??
When presented with facts, I figured some Asshole would respond with some dumshit! Giving an ultimatum of live in poverty or play the game, I'd choose the game everytime! Your phoney stats only points to the ignorance of you & your kind, but comments like yours shows fear because change is evident & in progress as we speak ie. Black President. White House occupied by black folks, BBQs on the White House lawn. Not only the black president, but elected twice over the status quo! And your kind won't sniff that office again! What hurts you the most ignoramus is it was your kids that got the president elected both times. Chew on that shit!
DrZiggypapersFru ed

London, KY

#878581 Mar 23, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm insane
We see that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min YesWeCan 68,355
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min edogxxx 97,917
Abby 8-29 14 min edogxxx 1
Amy 8-29 18 min edogxxx 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min SpaceBlues 46,295
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Donnie 177,357
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 41 min Aileen Rodriguez 6
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search