Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#878724 Mar 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>How about teaching abstinence? How about having purity pledges?
Something that goes even further - much to my surprise catching a part of Glee the other night - were the main characters in the show in a dance routine wearing tee-shirts with the words CHOOSE LIFE.

Changing attitudes can start with as something as simple as this.

Most students today don't smoke just because they've been told enough times smoking is bad for you.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#878725 Mar 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The effect of sunspots and the shift in the magnetic poles has become the scientific focus of climate change. Not to mention it's a natural phenomenon.
It is all about fluctuations in radiated and absorbed enery
Now for some levity.
..........Fluctuations "Say it slow"

(I will never hear or see this word again without thinking of this joke.)

I was at my bank today; there was a short line.

There was just one lady in front of me, an Asian lady who was trying to exchange yen for dollars.

It was obvious she was a little irritated ...

She asked the teller, "Why it change?

Yesterday, I get two hunat dollafo yen.

Today I only get hunat eighty? Why it change?"

The teller shrugged his shoulders and said, "Fluctuations."

The Asian lady says, "Fluc you white people too"
NJ raider 1

Elizabeth, NJ

#878726 Mar 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>How about teaching abstinence? How about having purity pledges?
First off, let me say $9 trillion over a 40yr span is a joke. If everyone were serious about putting a dent in poverty it would take immediate action, not something done over time. Inject $9 trillion in thus year & get immediate results. 2nd, welcome to the 2000s. Nobody has to make a pact, it up to each individual to create their own destiny. When both parents are forced to work, children wind up having too much time on their hands. The result is children making childish mistakes. You can't blame Americas short coming on one thing. It's a mixture of things that makes shit so frustrated!
NuculurNutsurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#878727 Mar 23, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>. I swallow Waxturds! ROTFLMAO, again and again because I am fcknutz!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878728 Mar 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not vote for Akin and neither did most conservatives in his district. Don't be stupid.
BS

Akin won a contested primary because he dominated the born-again Christian vote.

Akin then substituted Bible teaching for biological reality and lost an election that any other Republican would have won easily.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#878729 Mar 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
For a certain percentage for which this approach works, why not?
I've seen the numbers__that approach doesn't work at all and makes liars out of young people, particular the girls. There are more 14 year old girls having babies today (by % of pop.) than there were in my day when birth control pills were still being tested and abortions were illegal.

Many factors in play, but raging hormones don't have a conscience.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878730 Mar 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not vote for Akin and neither did most conservatives in his district. Don't be stupid.
Once again, Galt must object to calling religious wackos "Conservatives."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878731 Mar 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>

Unfortunately, his Mormonism certainly didn't help
Why do you say this?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#878732 Mar 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
Remember how the liberals went batsht crazy when Trayvon Martin was killed? Where are they now?
"One of the teens allegedly fired four shots, grazing West's ear and striking her in the leg, before he walked around to the stroller and shot the baby in the face."
the baby was 18 months old.
One has exactly nothing to do with the other__ a beyond stupid comparison.

Zimmerman goes on trial this summer and a jury will decide his fate, his wife also faces charges for perjury. If Zimmerman had shot the unarmed teen in some states he would already be serving time.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#878733 Mar 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Something that goes even further - much to my surprise catching a part of Glee the other night - were the main characters in the show in a dance routine wearing tee-shirts with the words CHOOSE LIFE.
Most students today don't smoke just because they've been told enough times smoking is bad for you.
Dumb carol doesn't make the connection to the attire to do a "Wham" song...now if they were only doing something from Liberace or Lawrence Welk she might have gotten it...or not.(You didn't notice the short shorts either?)
TSM

El Paso, TX

#878734 Mar 23, 2013
The biggest single reason for the breakup of Families is when Government replaced the Father!!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#878735 Mar 23, 2013
Eman wrote:
Remember how the liberals went batsht crazy when Trayvon Martin was killed? Where are they now?
"One of the teens allegedly fired four shots, grazing West's ear and striking her in the leg, before he walked around to the stroller and shot the baby in the face."
the baby was 18 months old.
America desperately needs more George Zimmermans and fewer Trayvon Martins.

And NO Boy Messiahs.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878736 Mar 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
BS
Akin won a contested primary because he dominated the born-again Christian vote.
Akin then substituted Bible teaching for biological reality and lost an election that any other Republican would have won easily.
We'd probably both be surprised at how many on the left share Akin's substituting "Bible teaching" for "biological reality" but the liberal media only cares about demonizing the right.

He made the mistake of using the word "legitimate" when talking about rape. Yes, it was a stupid thing to say. But he corrected it immediately and admitted he was wrong.

When liberals say something stupid or choose the wrong words, it's completely ignored and overlooked. Much less an apology forthcoming.

We all know it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#878737 Mar 23, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That and that cigarettes cost $5.00 per pack and more.

In my day smokes were a quarter a pack and were advertised everywhere, even billed as healthy/recommended by doctors yada-yada. Everyone in the movies smoked and even Mickey Mantle was a tobacco spokes person. Will add that fkrs in the movies and on TV were constantly shooting and/or beating the tar out of one another and in particular those pesky Injuns.

The good old days LMAO.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#878738 Mar 23, 2013
DEMOCRAT Senate Majority leader Harry Reid is an example of how low you can go in politics. Blaming the death of the marines during a training exercise on the sequester is ridiculous.

The is the same moron that called Obama a light skinned negro.

Frikkin DemocRats suck.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878739 Mar 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen the numbers__that approach doesn't work at all and makes liars out of young people, particular the girls. There are more 14 year old girls having babies today (by % of pop.) than there were in my day when birth control pills were still being tested and abortions were illegal.
Many factors in play, but raging hormones don't have a conscience.
Clearly, abstinence does work for some, both male and female.

For others, birth control is too difficult. Taking a pill every day is just too much work.

Perhaps in-school abortion clinics are the answer so that missed class time is minimized. Just substitute for gym class.

"Raging hormones" is a sad commentary indicating breeders rather than thinking people.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#878740 Mar 23, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>. Waxturds! ROTFLMAO, wrong again fcknutz!
Wrong again NucularNotjob. NuculurNutsurpriZed is not me, you lowlife imbecile.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878741 Mar 23, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say this?
Because a lot of people don't get Mormonism. It's out of the mainstream of traditional religions and didn't pop up until 1820, not distinguishing itself until the 1830s and 1840s, compared to traditional religions having been around for several centuries.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#878742 Mar 23, 2013
Turd Obama says spending "is not a problem"

68% of Americans disagree
carol

Orlando, FL

#878743 Mar 23, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That and that cigarettes cost $5.00 per pack and more.
In my day smokes were a quarter a pack and were advertised everywhere, even billed as healthy/recommended by doctors yada-yada. Everyone in the movies smoked and even Mickey Mantle was a tobacco spokes person. Will add that fkrs in the movies and on TV were constantly shooting and/or beating the tar out of one another and in particular those pesky Injuns.
The good old days LMAO.
We've become too accustomed to walking on eggshells. The PC police now tell us what is good and what is bad, what we can and can't say, and we obediently follow orders.

The new no-no is sugary drinks.

Public service advertisements are much more effective in changing attitudes than being punished by the government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 16 min KiMerde 51,255
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min loose cannon 181,840
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 31 min TRD 68,885
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 33 min positronium 49,223
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr scirocco 71,045
2 cops executed in new york 3 hr The Pissed Citizen 1
More on the Eric Garner Saga 3 hr The Patriot 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]