Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,408)

Showing posts 808,141 - 808,160 of1,073,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade carol silences the opposition out of fear.
You, um, sayin' yur sceert of me, l'il lady? Or you sayin' it's a moot point? I had a dawg like you once... barkin' all the damn time, generally makin' a nuisance of itself. So's I took a big stick an' beat the shit outta that damn dawg over an' over an' over, an' you know what? Turns out that damn dawg was jus' inclined to bitch, wouldn't shut up nohow. I finally shot it but that's immaterial in this case.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take a successful businessman over another blood-sucking double-talking lawyer any day.
Cain was a promoter, not really possessing great business or management skills. A very shallow candidate.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Texas and not California, which is much larger?
Because Texans are easier to convince in large numbers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

The Rev. Jesse Jackson called for a mass, nonviolent protest in Detroit against the new emergency financial manager at a rally this morning at city hall.

The activists alongside Jackson pledged to file a lawsuit next week challenging the constitutionality of Michigan's new emergency manager law, which takes effect Thursday and grants broad powers to the incoming EFM, Kevyn Orr.

Jackson, who was joined by Detroit Councilwoman JoAnn Watson and Congressman John Conyers, also called on the U.S. Department of Justice to intervene to protect Detroiters' right to vote.

"Detroit cannot be reduced to a rummage sale," Jackson said.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an impotent wimp would steal a woman's identity and location to silence them out of fear and intimidation, Comrade.
Well, hon, it don't seem to be workin' if that was the plan, now does it?
Demidiots

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you expect from a draft-dodging scumbag from the Moreno Valley barrio?
Whether he calls himself Ghost, or Debil, or fake Carol, still the same piece of garbage.
More like a deranged democrat.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentalist Christians are a drag on the Republican Party.
Nothing but anti-abortion economic leftwingers.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a stand on something as important as protecting human life especially when it's the most vulnerable who have no voice.

It's only because liberals drag up the issue of abortion every election cycle as a tool to get votes from women who think killing the life they created is their right.

It's also a liberal tactic every election year to put conservatives in the position of having to defend taking a stand on protecting life. They even turned it into some stupid idiotic war against women.

All Republicans need to say is "I'm pro-life" and leave it at that. Enough said.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

The Senate on Thursday voted to repeal a sales tax on medical devices that is part of President Obama’s health-care law, a rare bipartisan attempt to strip away a section of the controversial reforms.

Sens. Orrin Hatch, Utah Republican, and Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota Democrat, led the amendment, which passed on a 79-20 vote during debate over the chamber’s budget plan for the coming fiscal year.

As part of debate over the spending blueprint, the vote does not have the force of law. However, it showed that economic forces in Democrats’ home states hold enough sway for senators to turn against specific provisions within the Affordable Care Act.

“Today’s bipartisan vote to repeal the medical device tax is an important step in the right direction,” said Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican.“Unfortunately, Obamacare remains a job-killer that grows the government and slows the economy, which is why it’s important to repeal the whole thing.”

Ms. Klobuchar said Minnesota contains 400 medical device companies that employ 35,000 people, amounting to “one of the bright spots in America’s economy.” She said the 2.3 percent tax stifles innovation and threatens America’s position as the top exporter of medical devices.

“While I’m proud to be a champion of [the health care law], I believe that the medical device tax is just not the way to pay for it,” said Sen. Al Franken, Minnesota Democrat, during floor debate.

Ms. Klobuchar and Mr. Franken have joined Sens. Bob Casey Jr., Pennsylvania Democrat, and Joe Donnelly, Indiana Democrat, in sponsoring Mr. Hatch’s bill.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

If there’s one lesson Obama should have learn appeasing your Enemies can’t buy you Love!!
new yawk

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a stand on something as important as protecting human life especially when it's the most vulnerable who have no voice.
It's only because liberals drag up the issue of abortion every election cycle as a tool to get votes from women who think killing the life they created is their right.
It's also a liberal tactic every election year to put conservatives in the position of having to defend taking a stand on protecting life. They even turned it into some stupid idiotic war against women.
All Republicans need to say is "I'm pro-life" and leave it at that. Enough said.
Never enough, carol, never enough.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Republican amendments to the Senate's budget proposal would require President Obama and Vice President Biden to get their medical care through the new exchanges created by Obama's signature healthcare law.

Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) both offered amendments to move the president and vice president into the healthcare law's exchanges.

After the Affordable Care Act passed, the White House said Obama would enroll in an exchange once the time came in 2014. Collins and Ayotte's amendments would require the president, the vice president and the Cabinet to put their premiums where their politics are.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does a Democrat need an AR-15? Joe Biden told you only need to take a shotgun outside at fire a couple rounds off towards the sky!
Also - the very lowest you will find .223 rounds is at 40 cents and you just saud "hubby" found them at $19.00 for 500 rounds. That would be .036 cents a round.
You could actually get good ones at .026 a round before you libtards started ranting for gun control.
Get your math straight, libtard.
You're buying at the wrong store.
Or maybe in the wrong state?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cain was a promoter, not really possessing great business or management skills. A very shallow candidate.
He wouldn't have won the ticket, no doubt. But Lily made the comment that Republicans would never vote for a black or a woman.

Which was a ridiculous thing to say in itself.

So I just pointed out the traction Cain was getting among Republicans.

Dr. Condoleeza Rice would be a formidable candidate if she were to ever run. She's covers being black and being a woman.

Which would be the sweetest poetic justice of all.

I don't think Lily and a lot of other liberals even realize how many black Republicans are out there and how many more are going to begin speaking out. An unprecedented 30 black Republicans ran for office in 2010. Pretty sure that number is going to keep growing.
new yawk

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>You're buying at the wrong store.
Or maybe in the wrong state?
Um, no, you're dividing in the wrong state. There aren't any 4 cent bullets, not enough of a profit to be made.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.

It is destructive to chase away voters over a meaningless platform that is completely in the hands of the courts and cannot be affected at the legislative or executive levels.

Saying that one is "pro-life" is taking an extreme position that guarantees a loss.

Can't you get it through your head that people do not like to be told what to do with their own lives, even if they are morally opposed to abortion? That includes lots of Republican women who do not share your extreme religious views.

Just say nothing.
NJ raider 1

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsecrap
The percentages of those on welfare by race as of 2011 are listed below in descending order by percentage.
Black-39.8%
White-38.8%
Hispanic-15.7%
Other-3.3%
Asian-2.4%
For real Wiki, that's your source? Breakdown those living below the poverty line then factor in those percentages. While 24.7% of blacks live below the poverty line only 8.6% of whites do, so now who's scamming the system? Then factor in those on TANF(temporary assistance for needy families) & the percentage of whites blossom to 70%. Mind you TANF is the most used form of welfare. We're not talking about public assistance ($140 month,$200 foodstamps month, & clinic health insurance). Most people on public assistance is on it only for insurance, & by law they have to take the money & foodstamps. Even when you factor in public assistance the results are staggering! How can a group of 8.6% account for nearly 39% of welfare (70% of real welfare)?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you expect from a draft-dodging scumbag from the Moreno Valley barrio?
Whether he calls himself Ghost, or Debil, or fake Carol, still the same piece of garbage.
He can be very trying and exasperating, no question about that.

I actually stopped responding to most of his posts for that reason.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He wouldn't have won the ticket, no doubt. But Lily made the comment that Republicans would never vote for a black or a woman.
Which was a ridiculous thing to say in itself.
So I just pointed out the traction Cain was getting among Republicans.
Dr. Condoleeza Rice would be a formidable candidate if she were to ever run. She's covers being black and being a woman.
Which would be the sweetest poetic justice of all.
I don't think Lily and a lot of other liberals even realize how many black Republicans are out there and how many more are going to begin speaking out. An unprecedented 30 black Republicans ran for office in 2010. Pretty sure that number is going to keep growing.
Cain was never a serious candidate.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Oh, you mean the four years your side has spent demagoguing
Obama??

Clinton won re-election in the middle of the Ken Starr investigation. Remember??

Your side tried to pin sex scandals on Clinton during the election of 1996.

But Americans rejected you and Dole.

So much for 'democrats don't have sex scandals'.

You're really stupid to have brought up that line of reasoning, considering what lengths your party went to to destroy both Clinton and Obama.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question. How come liberal candidates never seem to have any skeletons in their closet around election time?
Did you know Obama won the Senate in Illinois twice because of alleged sex scandals surrounding both of his opponents?
You don't find that a little bit odd?
Sex scandals are a sure fire way to discredit anyone - whether the allegations are true or not.
You underestimate the propagandists if you don't think they would stoop to any level to discredit their favored candidate opponents.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong.
Washington State law requires checking of identification only for "youthful appearing people."
Tell the Liquor Control Gestapo to go suck an egg.
http://ssawashington.com/wp-content/uploads/2...
"John Galt"
You are incorrect. In the State of Washington it is against the law to be in a bar/lounge without an ID card which indicates age. I have been asked for ID and I can only wish there was a question as to my age.
Recently I was in a bar and a young man came in and ordered a beer. He was asked for ID, said he was out training for Bloomsday, he was in sweats, no pockets. He had no ID and was not served.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 808,141 - 808,160 of1,073,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Registered Earth Angel 48,697
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min LRS 173,768
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min SpaceBlues 45,584
Abby July 12 22 min Julie 5
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min voice of peace 67,552
Amy July 12 52 min Julie 7
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 54 min andet1987 409
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE