Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878224 Mar 22, 2013
Galt is having second thoughts.

Galt has been convinced for a while that Nucularshit was a sockpuppet for Demos/Tenzing, kind of Mr. Hyde to Dr. Jekyll.

Galt has become convinced that Demos/Tenzing could not possibly be that stupid if he tried.

Galt apologizes to Demos/Tenzing.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878225 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
Ok I've type that post from yesterday three times and it hasn't posted once. I've had it with this place. I will need to re-evaluate whether I want to be on a site that allows the clowns and the harassment of people but won't allow honest debate. If I want juvenile behavior I can go to a bar near any college compass around here.
Can you try it one more time?
carol

Orlando, FL

#878226 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In most stores, ammo disappears almost as soon as it hits the shelf.
Obama's plan to disarm America will not work.
Well, to be axiomatic, America's plan to disarm President Obama probably won't work either. Especially if they're going to buy 3.5 cent a round ammunition. I'm thinking they should fire off a few rounds to make sure the papier mache' doesn't clog the barrel?
carol

Orlando, FL

#878227 Mar 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it was copywrite protected. I highly doubt any college students act like these retards on here, these are adults, likely over 50, uneducated housebound freaks.
Aren't you an adult over 50 and housebound too? Can't comment on the uneducated part. Even though I don't think you're uneducated. Just misinformed.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#878228 Mar 22, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Hubby found boxes of 500 .223 rounds for $17.99 at Academy this morning. At the gun show last weekend, they were $80.00 a box. Go figure.
Why does a Democrat need an AR-15? Joe Biden told you only need to take a shotgun outside at fire a couple rounds off towards the sky!

Also - the very lowest you will find .223 rounds is at 40 cents and you just saud "hubby" found them at $19.00 for 500 rounds. That would be .036 cents a round.

You could actually get good ones at .026 a round before you libtards started ranting for gun control.

Get your math straight, libtard.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#878229 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, it would have only passed by 7 votes in the House had all Democrats voted nay.
It wouldn't have passed in the Senate.
It doesn't matter.

Your crude attempts to shift the blame away from Bush just don't carry water.

----------

""However, when words are used in ways that manipulate public fear, facts and rationality are beside the point. The aim of the corruption of language -- whether conscious or unconscious -- is to confuse rather than clarify, and to cause the listener to believe an illusion rather than the truth.

In his article, "Fallacies and War," Dave Koehler points out misleading public arguments the administration uses to justify war. For example, the Bush team often presents the false dilemma -- claiming there are only two possible options when, in fact, more choices are available.

Kohler refers to the statement Bush issued right after 9/11: "You're either with us or with the terrorists." As Kohler says "Countries can be both against terrorism and not an ally of the U.S ... Many countries are showing they are both against a preemptive war and against the current Iraqi regime." Bush said the U.N. must vote for war or face irrelevance. As Kohler points out, the U.N. can simultaneously survive and disagree with Bush.

The Bush team also repeatedly uses the fallacy of exclusion, meaning they leave out important aspects of any given argument. For example, Colin Powell and George Bush spoke about aluminum tubes being used for uranium enrichment for nuclear weapons use. Kohler notes they failed to take into account the essential fact that U.N. inspectors said the tubes were conventional rocket artillery casings.

Kohler points to another fallacy, argument from ignorance -- the claim that what hasn't been disproved must be true. The Bush administration implies Iraq must have weapons of mass destruction because of Iraq's failure to prove it doesn't. As Kohler says, the burden of proof is on the party making the claim, therefore the U.S. "must prove that Iraq has WMD. It is impossible for Iraq to prove they don't."

In his article, "An Orwellian Pitch," John R. McArthur, publisher of Harper's Magazine, writes about the Bush team's manipulation of public opinion. He says, "Effective propaganda relies on half-truths and the conflation of disparate 'facts'(like Saddam's genuine human rights violations)." McArthur says the Bush team has managed to get away with this deceptive fact twisting because they use a tactic George Orwell described as "slovenliness" in the language.

Congressman Henry Waxman said the Bush administration likely hoodwinked members of Congress. According to a March 25 Mother Jones article, Waxman said he voted to give Bush authority to invade Iraq in large part because he believed the administration's claims about Iraq's effort to purchase nuclear weapons.""

----------

It will go down in history as Bush's Debacle.

You think he didn't get invited to any Republican Conventions for nothing??vThe Repugnant Party has abandoned GW Bush.

Even most Repugnants hate Bush.

You're one of the few that is dumb enough to continue your idiotic support of him.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878230 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> wheat causing the great depression.
I only know this was a significant contributor to the great depression. Just don't know what else to say about it. Except history has a tendency of repeating itself?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#878231 Mar 22, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Hubby found boxes of 500 .223 rounds for $17.99 at Academy this morning. At the gun show last weekend, they were $80.00 a box. Go figure.
Check with hubby - I think he told you $179

Location hidden

#878232 Mar 22, 2013
Paranoia strikes deep..........

You're scared of your own shadow, old fool!!
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is more concerned about being defenseless against the criminals in government than the street criminals.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#878233 Mar 22, 2013
So basically Flack is saying that wheat caused the Great Depression.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878234 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you an adult over 50 and housebound too? Can't comment on the uneducated part. Even though I don't think you're uneducated. Just misinformed.
Owwww... what happened to the nice christian lady who loves God and her fellow man? She on sabbatical to Israel?
carol

Orlando, FL

#878235 Mar 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i think what you're saying is...He will need to VERY convincing with his flip-flops. Unlike the last guy you put up.
but that whole 'I don't want to say if I voted for Clinton' thing will be the thing that the FOXbot faction won't be able to get around. you have yet to comment on it, so.....there ya go.
Romney pretty much paid his dues having been vetted for the second time which gave him an advantage. Unfortunately, his Mormonism was a significant obstacle, and he simply didn't have the much needed urgency in his message. He also let several golden opportunites pass by which could have sealed the deal in playing it too safe. Then, of course, there was the hurricane days before the election when he simply disappeared and Obama got the spotlight.

Unfortunately.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#878236 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart here has almost no ammunition, just a few odd sizes.
Gun shows are the only option, and even there sales are rationed.
Obama is intentionally wasting taxpayer money to dry up the supply and drive up costs.
We are furnishing many nations with ammo__I recently posted that the US had sent 28,000,000 rounds of small arms ammo to Lebanon along with significant other military "stuff".

WalMart is limiting sales of ammo to 3 boxes per person per day. Don't ask me how WalMart keeping track but there is plenty at the WalMart nearest me and I live in a state with boo coo guns of every size and shape. And the firing range at the nearest Gander Mountain is busy day and night.

What would you call a "popular" size?
carol

Orlando, FL

#878237 Mar 22, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Check with hubby - I think he told you $179
I think what he found was a box of Rolex watches for 11.79 and just got confused in the van on the way back to the home?
carol

Orlando, FL

#878238 Mar 22, 2013
FOX NEWS: It was discovered in Florida today that liberal firms from the New England states were flooding the market with apparently inexpensive ammunition that actually was filled with green Jello instead of smokeless powder. An investigation is underway.

Location hidden

#878239 Mar 22, 2013
He's a drug addict who couldn't get a job at a respectable news outlet, so he became a FOXBOT for the money!!

Funny to see you supporting drug addicts, but i forgot you also have a love affair with Rush, another drug addict. And Glenn, another famous Drug Addict!!

FAUX loves hiring drug addicts. They're easy to control.
John Galt wrote:
Anybody who has ever watched Bob Beckel knows that he is a Democrat partisan to the core. His employment at Fox means that he has an audience for the Democrat position, unlike those who appear on MSNBC to a negligible audience.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878240 Mar 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load, no one is shaking in his boots at all and if Dr. Carson allows himself to be used by the Republicans, then he is a damn fool and has no idea what he's signing up for.
You don't want a person of color, or a minority, or a woman candidate, everyone knows it so stop pretending. The man is not a politician, they'll eat him alive. The good old white boy club will not allow it and you are delusional.
Herman Cain had some pretty good traction going if you remember correctly before the liberal lean mean machine decided it was time to bring him down.

How come liberal candidates never seem to have any skeletons in their closets around election time?
carol

Orlando, FL

#878241 Mar 22, 2013
So, um, "carol." Looks like christian women are just are cruel as their atheist or muslim counterparts, huh?
carol

Orlando, FL

#878242 Mar 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>We are furnishing many nations with ammo__I recently posted that the US had sent 28,000,000 rounds of small arms ammo to Lebanon along with significant other military "stuff".
WalMart is limiting sales of ammo to 3 boxes per person per day. Don't ask me how WalMart keeping track but there is plenty at the WalMart nearest me and I live in a state with boo coo guns of every size and shape. And the firing range at the nearest Gander Mountain is busy day and night.
What would you call a "popular" size?
9 inches.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878243 Mar 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i know you're not a racist. sorry if it came across as such.
That was nice of you to say that, sonic. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min J RULES 69,345
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min loose cannon 177,958
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 21 min SMH 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min litesong 46,575
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 36 min what a loser 4,017
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 1,121
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 1 hr joey 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 98,196
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••