Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
807,981 - 808,000 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#878155 Mar 22, 2013
I'm just curious, if the entire world just exists so greedy assholes have someplace to wreck, why in hell did God even have to waste time making so many attractive women? He could've just made them all dumpy looking Russian women with their flabby breasts hanging down over their stomachs like watermelons, and saved everybody a LOT of time and effort! St. Barts is now full of the fat, doughy Russians too. Where once there were hoards of semi-nude tall thin Nordic beauties now you're just as likely to round a corner and see a herd of walrus lying there naked, thereby burning out your eyeballs.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878156 Mar 22, 2013
Obama Ammunition Purchases Strip Police Departments and Jeopardize Safety of Unarmed Citizens

The nationwide shortage of ammunition has left many police departments scrambling to get their hands on the necessary rounds - with some even bartering among each other.

Meanwhile, Rep. Timothy Huelskamp (R-Kansas) says the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has failed to respond to multiple members of Congress asking why DHS bought more than 1.6 billion rounds in the past year.

Police Chief Cameron Arthur of Jenks, Oklahoma says, "Ammunition and assault weapons in general have skyrocketed...In addition to the fact, not only is it a lot more expensive, but the time to get it could be six months to a year, or in some cases even longer."

Arthur says he is waiting on an order placed last October and that many departments have begun to trade and barter with each other because of the high demand.

"Most police departments are having a very difficult time even getting the necessary ammunition for handguns, shotguns and especially rifles," Arthur said.

"With the delay in ammunition, some departments are limiting the number of rounds they carry in their handgun because of the shortage of ammunition. We get to the point where it is difficult to have enough ammo to train and also equip the officers."

Chief Pryor of Rollingwood, Texas says of the shortage:

"We started making phone calls and realized there is a waiting list up to a year. We have to limit the amount of times we go and train because we want to keep an adequate stock."

"Nobody can get us ammunition at this point," says Sgt. Jason LaCross of the Bozeman, Montana police department.

LaCross says that manufacturers are so far behind that they won't even give him a quote for an order.

"We have no estimated time on when it will even be available," LaCross says.

He worries that when ammunition is finally available the high price will squeeze the department's budget.

"The other options are to reduce the amount of training and things like that," he said.

The Hamilton County Sheriff's Department has also cut down on firearm training due to the high cost and low supply of ammunition.

"The concern over firearms availability and ammunition availability and potentials of gun control certainly has impacted the availability of ammunition purchased locally," Sgt. Jody Mays says.

He says the department has cut a third of their normal in service firearm training:

"It's forced us...to use ammunition more economically."

Police Chief John Mabry in Marinette, Wisconsin says, "Ammo is expensive and lot tougher to get. People don't have it in stock and it's back-ordered."

His colleague, Menominee Chief, Brett Botbyl agrees: "We're looking at a four to nine-month wait."

Some departments have even applied for grants to pay for the high-priced ammunition.

"The Florence Police Department is looking for some help filling its clips," reports Cincinnati.com

Chief Tom Szurlinski says the grant would go a long way given the price and limited supply of ammunition.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878158 Mar 22, 2013
Joe Biden and his posse racked up a hotel bill of $585,000 for a one-night stay in Paris.

Nothing too good for good old Joe from Scranton.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#878159 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
Good harvests had built up a mass of 250,000,000 bushels of wheat to be 'carried over' when 1929 opened. By May there was also a winter-wheat crop of 560,000,000 bushels ready for harvest in the Mississippi Valley. This oversupply caused a drop in wheat prices so heavy that the net incomes of the farming population from wheat were threatened with extinction. Stock markets are always sensitive to the future state of commodity markets and the slump in Wall-street predicted for May by Sir George Paish, arrived on time. In June 1929 the position was saved by a severe drought in the Dakotas and the Canadian West, plus unfavorable seed times in Argentina and Eastern Australia. The oversupply would now be wanted to fill the big gaps in the 1929 world wheat production. From 97c per bushel in May wheat rose to $1.49 in July. When it was seen that at this figure the American farmers would get rather more for their smaller crop than that of 1928, up went stock again and from far and wide orders came to buy shares for the profits to come.
Flack, if you type in__great depression wheat facts__you'll find dozens of accurate explanations regarding the role that wheat prices, the dust bowl and even livestock played in the depression.

Wheat prices definitely did not cause the depression but did add to the misery.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878160 Mar 22, 2013
Anyways, I'm pretty sure the one-child rule was a matter of desperation because, THEY WAITED TOO LONG TO STERILIZE THESE GODDAM IDIOTS WHO RELY ON GROWTH DESPITE THE OBVIOUS CONSEQUENCES!!! They are managing to export a healthy crop of female babies to the U.S. and everywhere else, nonetheless, so maybe there's a buck to be made selling them back to those horny guys back home?

How you gonna keep 'em down in Guailong, after they've seen Mar-ie!
Demidiots

Seminole, FL

#878161 Mar 22, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you mean pink a in a white person blushing, because last I've checked suburban white folks in welfare red states were the dominate contributing factor to the welfare crisis in America? The fact still remains, there are more white people on welfare than any other race! Add in corporate welfare & the numbers go up by a 2/1 margin. Your rebuttal!
democrats invented welfare and obama invented corporate welfare. What part of welfare do you not understand NJ raider?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#878163 Mar 22, 2013
Then in August the wheat price fell when France and Italy were bragging of a magnificent harvest and the situation in Australia improved. This sent a shiver Wall Street and stock prices quickly dropped, but word of cheap stocks brought a fresh rash of 'stags' amateur speculators and investors. Congress had also voted on a 100 million dollar relief package for farmers, hoping to stabilize wheat prices. By October though, the price had fallen to $1.31 per bushel. The falling commodity markets in other countries told upon even American self-confidence, and the stock market began to falter.
On October 24, 1929, with the Dow just past its September 3 peak of 381.17, the market finally turned down and panic selling started.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878162 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Joe Biden and his posse racked up a hotel bill of $585,000 for a one-night stay in Paris.
Nothing too good for good old Joe from Scranton.
Probably made the mistake of ordering a drink at the airport Marriott? Goddam mormons will rob you blind!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878164 Mar 22, 2013
Julius Genachowski, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission and friend of the president, announced his resignation Friday.

He will be leaving the FCC after a mixed tenure that has disappointed some of the consumer groups that were his earliest supporters, but that also sketched a plan to bring Americans more access to broadband Internet for years ahead.

Genachowski is the ex-husband of media propagandist and Obama debate stooge Martha Raddatz.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878165 Mar 22, 2013
Demidiots wrote:
<quoted text>democrats invented welfare and obama invented corporate welfare. What part of welfare do you not understand NJ raider?
I don't understand the part where you cash your Social Security check and then complain about how measly it is?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878166 Mar 22, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Really the Democrats like Dianne Feinstein have contempt for law abiding citizens individual rights but Dianne Feinstein really wants to empower the Criminals in Society who will benefit from her gun control laws since the criminals have no intentions of obeying the law to begin with which to me Democrats like Dianne Feinstein are nothing more than an accessory of the Criminals of Society by legislating gun law that really benefits the Criminals of Society.
Galt is more concerned about being defenseless against the criminals in government than the street criminals.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#878167 Mar 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
from your original post?
Half of it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#878168 Mar 22, 2013
Demidiots wrote:
<quoted text>democrats invented welfare and obama invented corporate welfare. What part of welfare do you not understand NJ raider?
another Reagan hater.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878169 Mar 22, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> You idiots will believe anything--that's what you are: "4. The claim that Adama Lanza is a registered Democrat has been suggested based not on any evidence that he was registered as one, but on the rather dubious claim that because Connecticut has almost 2 to 1 Democratic registration over Republicans, he was probably a Democrat.(Claim: "Adam Lanza, NewtownConn murderer. Registered Democrats outnumber Republicans by about a 2-1 ratio in Connecticut. The odds are therefore that the Lanza family are (sic) Democrats.") This of course is a bogus argument to begin with, but even if we were to make the claim that a mass shooter’s political affiliation must be the same as the majority of the people in his area, we can debunk this foolish idea by taking this shoddy analysis down to the local level. Yes, Connecticut voted for Barack Obama, BUT the city of Newtown voted for Mitt Romney. If we look at the results we find that Mitt Romney defeated Barack Obama in Newtown by 7451-6784 votes or 51.7 percent to 47 percent. Republican Senate candidate and Tea Party favorite Linda McMahon carried the city over Democrat Chris Murphy by an even larger margin. Add in the other information we have that Lanza’s mother was a “doomsday prepper” and a home schooler in a Republican-leaning city and we can pretty well dispense with the erroneous assumption that Lanza must have been a Democrat (UPDATE: According to at least one media source, Nancy Lanza was a registered Republican. The source does not provide a link, but t"he author of this article is seeking further confirmation). We can therefore claim that with no evidence to support the claim, the assertion that Lanza was a Democrat is not demonstrated and that in the absence of any evidence it is likely FALSE." GFY
Lanza was a sick freak video game addict, a festering boil on society.

His politics are irrelevant.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#878170 Mar 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting.
so, carefully it seems, what was the subject of the post?
OBAMA=EPIC FAILURE.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#878172 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lanza was a sick freak video game addict, a festering boil on society.
His politics are irrelevant.
they should be for you considering he got his guns from a republican.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878173 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
Then in August the wheat price fell when France and Italy were bragging of a magnificent harvest and the situation in Australia improved. This sent a shiver Wall Street and stock prices quickly dropped, but word of cheap stocks brought a fresh rash of 'stags' amateur speculators and investors. Congress had also voted on a 100 million dollar relief package for farmers, hoping to stabilize wheat prices. By October though, the price had fallen to $1.31 per bushel. The falling commodity markets in other countries told upon even American self-confidence, and the stock market began to falter.
On October 24, 1929, with the Dow just past its September 3 peak of 381.17, the market finally turned down and panic selling started.
(Could you clowns read a little faster?) Anyways, you do realize that a giant asteroid killed off all the dinosaurs 150 million years ago and that you are in danger of having the same thing happen to you again?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#878174 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> wheat causing the great depression.
It certainly contributed to it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#878175 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
Ok I've type that post from yesterday three times and it hasn't posted once. I've had it with this place. I will need to re-evaluate whether I want to be on a site that allows the clowns and the harassment of people but won't allow honest debate. If I want juvenile behavior I can go to a bar near any college compass around here.
Did it ever occur to you that the Topix Gods are helping you??

They saw you were again making a complete fool of yourself, and took pity on you by deleting your silly messages.

To say wheat caused the depression is akin to saying the Moon causes nighttime. LOL

In spite of your 'Chicken Little' wishes, the stock market is rockin' and rollin' again today!!

DOW Up 84 points as this message is posted.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#878176 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Obama Ammunition Purchases Strip Police Departments and Jeopardize Safety of Unarmed Citizens
The nationwide shortage of ammunition has left many police departments scrambling to get their hands on the necessary rounds - with some even bartering among each other.
Meanwhile, Rep. Timothy Huelskamp (R-Kansas) says the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has failed to respond to multiple members of Congress asking why DHS bought more than 1.6 billion rounds in the past year.
Police Chief Cameron Arthur of Jenks, Oklahoma says, "Ammunition and assault weapons in general have skyrocketed...In addition to the fact, not only is it a lot more expensive, but the time to get it could be six months to a year, or in some cases even longer."
Arthur says he is waiting on an order placed last October and that many departments have begun to trade and barter with each other because of the high demand.
"Most police departments are having a very difficult time even getting the necessary ammunition for handguns, shotguns and especially rifles," Arthur said.
"With the delay in ammunition, some departments are limiting the number of rounds they carry in their handgun because of the shortage of ammunition. We get to the point where it is difficult to have enough ammo to train and also equip the officers."
Chief Pryor of Rollingwood, Texas says of the shortage:
"We started making phone calls and realized there is a waiting list up to a year. We have to limit the amount of times we go and train because we want to keep an adequate stock."
"Nobody can get us ammunition at this point," says Sgt. Jason LaCross of the Bozeman, Montana police department.
LaCross says that manufacturers are so far behind that they won't even give him a quote for an order.
"We have no estimated time on when it will even be available," LaCross says.
He worries that when ammunition is finally available the high price will squeeze the department's budget.
"The other options are to reduce the amount of training and things like that," he said.
The Hamilton County Sheriff's Department has also cut down on firearm training due to the high cost and low supply of ammunition.
"The concern over firearms availability and ammunition availability and potentials of gun control certainly has impacted the availability of ammunition purchased locally," Sgt. Jody Mays says.
He says the department has cut a third of their normal in service firearm training:
"It's forced us...to use ammunition more economically."
Police Chief John Mabry in Marinette, Wisconsin says, "Ammo is expensive and lot tougher to get. People don't have it in stock and it's back-ordered."
His colleague, Menominee Chief, Brett Botbyl agrees: "We're looking at a four to nine-month wait."
Some departments have even applied for grants to pay for the high-priced ammunition.
"The Florence Police Department is looking for some help filling its clips," reports Cincinnati.com
Chief Tom Szurlinski says the grant would go a long way given the price and limited supply of ammunition.
Bullsht__WalMart__Gander Mountain and of course gun shows are selling ammo__perhaps at a premium. Tough sht__gasoline, which is more important to the popo than ammo is also selling at a premium.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 1 hr lucy 2
chief keef 1 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 3 hr bing 9662 51
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••