Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#878265 Mar 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Herman Cain got caught having a mistress.
You forget John Edwards??
How else could you say something as stupid as "How come liberal candidates never seem to have any skeletons in their closets around election time?"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question. How come liberal candidates never seem to have any skeletons in their closet around election time?

Did you know Obama won the Senate in Illinois twice because of alleged sex scandals surrounding both of his opponents?

You don't find that a little bit odd?

Sex scandals are a sure fire way to discredit anyone - whether the allegations are true or not.

You underestimate the propagandists if you don't think they would stoop to any level to discredit their favored candidate opponents.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878266 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade carol silences the opposition out of fear.
Well, that and ridicule. But the truth is you flatter yourself to use the term, "opposition." You're more, sort of, background noise. The "opposition" has skin in the game; specifically, little Asian girls for sale over the internet. Business, carol, that's the enemy. the folks who will start wars and sell children as sex slaves to make money. It's actually kinda helpful when folks like you fight back, kinda passes the time until the heavyweights show up to do their own fighting... which they never, ever will.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878267 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
You see, "carol," the thing about republicans is that they're instinctively greedy and competitive. They will literally do anything to "win" against another human being, even if "winning" means they're gonna die too. It's just what those people do. Here, come sit on my lap and I'll explain it to you.
Long ago and far away there was a land where bad people - conservatives generally, no matter what they called themselves - did horrible things to other people in the name of national progress (personal gain.) The things they did were sooooo horrible that it caused a genetic mutation in their victims rendering them incapable of ever trusting anyone again or of ever not being scared of loss.
As the survivors reproduced they not only passed along the mutation, they codified it, turned it into a religion of sorts. It's based on the premise that your fellow man will screw you given half a chance and not think twice about it, so you're better off screwing your neighbor first. It's a cynical reading of the Golden Rule but it's the truth nonetheless.
They knew that just coming right out and saying this would bring down the wrath of the people on their heads so they dressed it up in language which made it seem they were merely following god's instructions when he famously said, "GO FORTH AND LIE, CHEAT, AND STEAL TO GET YOU A PILE BEFORE IT'S ALL GONE!" OH, "AND DON' FO'GET TO PUT MY SHARE IN THE PLATE ON SATURDAY OR EVEN SUNDAY!"
Those people been playin' this game so long they fo'get they playin' it. They could be up to their nose in raw sewage and they'd still be tryin' to figure an angle that might allow them to capture the market in shit.
So you see, "carol," it's not that those folks are "bad," what they are is genetically scared of losin' their stuff. That? Oh, um, that's just my cane. I keep it there so it's handy if I want to stand up and stretch my legs.
Demidiots

Seminole, FL

#878268 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't say that's a true blanket statement.
But what's ironic is that many fundamentalist Christians are black. And they still voted for Obama.
A natural recurrence and class status in democrats. Race Trumps Ignorance and Common Sense..
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878269 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
During my temporary absence a while back, I went to another website and, after a few weeks, lo and behold, Tenzing showed up.
He actually found me and stated as such. I even had a different topix name. But instead of joining in, he disappeared.
Then when I ventured back on here seeing my pretend namesake had not posted in over a week, he showed up for a few posts and then disappeared again.
Tenzing left but my pretend namesake reappeared as soon as I started posting again.
Tenzing I can take. The other one is a bit creepy.
What would you expect from a draft-dodging scumbag from the Moreno Valley barrio?

Whether he calls himself Ghost, or Debil, or fake Carol, still the same piece of garbage.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878270 Mar 22, 2013
letitia wrote:
<quoted text>
Euccccccch ... "hubby" is as smarmy as "the wife," proving that you're a hopeless captive of your time -- or "heyday."
What a wonderful picture you paint: The great sweaty, hawg-straddling oaf milling around with his be-gutted herd, looking around like a paranoid wildebeest at the gun show for signs of "infiltrators." Then, when he "hits the jackpot," he whips out his cell phone and calls "the wife."
"Hey, babe, you ain't gonna buhlieve what ah found ... should last us for the next hunnert years or so ..."
You stupid, stupid tvat!
Gooseshit messing up the conversation once again.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878271 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Herman Cain had no real qualifications to be President.
I'll take a successful businessman over another blood-sucking double-talking lawyer any day.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#878272 Mar 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
It's the Nobel Peace Prize, dummy.
Obama is a major success in all areas!!
He won reelection for being such a success!!
His speech was a major success with young Israeli's and Palestinians.
He laid it out: a two separate states solution!!
Too bad you're just a Rmoney voter, still unable to accept the fact that you voted for a reject, the true Anti-Christ Mormon.
And you're too stupid to see it!!
Gotta love the stupidity of the right. It guarantees all future Presidents will be Democrats!!
I love to see you whine every day.
<quoted text>
Nuculur it was Liberals/ Media telling us the World would Love Us!! Obama’s foreign policies (Appease, Apologize,) words without action are just Words, Obama’s Trade Mark!! Today America less popular in Middle East now than under Bush administration...'Most Palestinians hate Obama' he’s failed return the Prize/Cash!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#878273 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just don't know what else to say about it. Except history has a tendency of repeating itself?
You have that in common.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878274 Mar 22, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The schools down here do that or perhaps it's a federal thing__non Hispanic white currently describes my own status while back in the day I was mere Caucasian/Caucoid. Lah-dee-dah eh?
I was around when the check here boxes began appearing on the various forms and applications we have all come to love. Who can forget Pacific Islander? That's Obama right? Well maybe not.
The fact is that some "Hispanics" are white and some are black, particularly those from the Caribbean.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878275 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't say that's a true blanket statement.
But what's ironic is that many fundamentalist Christians are black. And they still voted for Obama.
Fundamentalist Christians are a drag on the Republican Party.

Nothing but anti-abortion economic leftwingers.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878276 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What's hard to figure out is if you have any balls.
Only an impotent wimp would steal a woman's identity and location to silence them out of fear and intimidation, Comrade.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878277 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You, um, sayin' yur sceert of me, l'il lady? Or you sayin' it's a moot point? I had a dawg like you once... barkin' all the damn time, generally makin' a nuisance of itself. So's I took a big stick an' beat the shit outta that damn dawg over an' over an' over, an' you know what? Turns out that damn dawg was jus' inclined to bitch, wouldn't shut up nohow. I finally shot it but that's immaterial in this case.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878278 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take a successful businessman over another blood-sucking double-talking lawyer any day.
Cain was a promoter, not really possessing great business or management skills. A very shallow candidate.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#878280 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Texas and not California, which is much larger?
Because Texans are easier to convince in large numbers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878281 Mar 22, 2013
The Rev. Jesse Jackson called for a mass, nonviolent protest in Detroit against the new emergency financial manager at a rally this morning at city hall.

The activists alongside Jackson pledged to file a lawsuit next week challenging the constitutionality of Michigan's new emergency manager law, which takes effect Thursday and grants broad powers to the incoming EFM, Kevyn Orr.

Jackson, who was joined by Detroit Councilwoman JoAnn Watson and Congressman John Conyers, also called on the U.S. Department of Justice to intervene to protect Detroiters' right to vote.

"Detroit cannot be reduced to a rummage sale," Jackson said.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878282 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an impotent wimp would steal a woman's identity and location to silence them out of fear and intimidation, Comrade.
Well, hon, it don't seem to be workin' if that was the plan, now does it?
Demidiots

Seminole, FL

#878283 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you expect from a draft-dodging scumbag from the Moreno Valley barrio?
Whether he calls himself Ghost, or Debil, or fake Carol, still the same piece of garbage.
More like a deranged democrat.
carol

Orlando, FL

#878284 Mar 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Fundamentalist Christians are a drag on the Republican Party.
Nothing but anti-abortion economic leftwingers.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a stand on something as important as protecting human life especially when it's the most vulnerable who have no voice.

It's only because liberals drag up the issue of abortion every election cycle as a tool to get votes from women who think killing the life they created is their right.

It's also a liberal tactic every election year to put conservatives in the position of having to defend taking a stand on protecting life. They even turned it into some stupid idiotic war against women.

All Republicans need to say is "I'm pro-life" and leave it at that. Enough said.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#878286 Mar 22, 2013
The Senate on Thursday voted to repeal a sales tax on medical devices that is part of President Obama’s health-care law, a rare bipartisan attempt to strip away a section of the controversial reforms.

Sens. Orrin Hatch, Utah Republican, and Amy Klobuchar, Minnesota Democrat, led the amendment, which passed on a 79-20 vote during debate over the chamber’s budget plan for the coming fiscal year.

As part of debate over the spending blueprint, the vote does not have the force of law. However, it showed that economic forces in Democrats’ home states hold enough sway for senators to turn against specific provisions within the Affordable Care Act.

“Today’s bipartisan vote to repeal the medical device tax is an important step in the right direction,” said Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican.“Unfortunately, Obamacare remains a job-killer that grows the government and slows the economy, which is why it’s important to repeal the whole thing.”

Ms. Klobuchar said Minnesota contains 400 medical device companies that employ 35,000 people, amounting to “one of the bright spots in America’s economy.” She said the 2.3 percent tax stifles innovation and threatens America’s position as the top exporter of medical devices.

“While I’m proud to be a champion of [the health care law], I believe that the medical device tax is just not the way to pay for it,” said Sen. Al Franken, Minnesota Democrat, during floor debate.

Ms. Klobuchar and Mr. Franken have joined Sens. Bob Casey Jr., Pennsylvania Democrat, and Joe Donnelly, Indiana Democrat, in sponsoring Mr. Hatch’s bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min JOEL 71,272
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min wojar 182,181
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,913
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 49,363
Holiday Greetings 3 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 3 hr Negras all 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?