Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274893 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#878107 Mar 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
does it ever bother you that while running down the Dems for supposed racism you have to run down blacks at the same time to try to prove your 'point'?
and i thought carol was the Topix hypocrite.
I want nothing more than for blacks and minorities to find a way out of their circumstances. My wish is that even more will come back to the republican party.

But you can't help those who either don't want to be helped or would rather be dependent - that includes all races and colors.

The broken structure within the black community is something only they can change. And more black leaders are needed to send a clearer message.

But to simply ignore it and pretend like it's not contributing to the problems we now face is like ignoring the pink elephant in the room and pretending it's not there.

Poverty among single unwed mothers without a father in the home is the most significant contributor to the welfare crisis. It's a pretty big pink elephant.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#878108 Mar 22, 2013
We know Liberals are threaten by Intelligent Black Conservatives like Dr. Carson, Liberals can’t compete in the arena of Ideas so they will do what they do Best’ Opposition Research’ to personally destroy him!!!! One thing we know character matters and we know Dr. Carson unlike Powell won’t be browbeaten by Liberals back to the plantation!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#878109 Mar 22, 2013
Fox's Beckel To Co-Hosts: "You Can't Just Dismiss 60 Million People Who Voted For Obama As Dependency People"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/08/foxs...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#878110 Mar 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so he's failed to counter the Bush years?
do you really want him to?
Appeasing our Enemies just didn’t work!! Son Peace through Strength…Return the Prize/Cash!!
new yawk

Salt Lake City, UT

#878111 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It was three paragraphs. Not even the whole article. I've never had any problem before typing things from the same site.

Hmmmmm... can you type it out in Morse Code dear, or... Italian! Yes, that's it! Translate it into Italian, then we can each translate it back into Chinese or Hebrew and then the mystery will be over and we can move along.
new yawk

Salt Lake City, UT

#878112 Mar 22, 2013
Maybe if you just told us the site and the reference, sweetie, then we can go look it up ourselves? Remember...

-.-------.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#878113 Mar 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a very powerful interview, unforgettable. Did it resonate to the Republican party? I doubt it.
Did you see Michelle Bachman babbling on about loving and helping people? What a joke she is. I hope she runs for President again, for entertainments sake.
She barely won her own district last time__doubtful she'll pull it off again.

Most of her financial support comes from outside her district.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#878114 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
I find it completely amazing that a small island country has the possibility to bring down the world economy over the amount of money the US spends in four days!!!
it's a tax haven for rich folks who's trying to put it back on the poor folks while it tries to protect the rich.

they should do what Iceland did. let the banks go bust, wiping out those foreign deposits, while protecting domestic deposits.
new yawk

Salt Lake City, UT

#878115 Mar 22, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Appeasing our Enemies just didn’t work!! Son Peace through Strength…Return the Prize/Cash!!
No, no, no, "appeasing our enemies" worked just fine, dear, remeber how American deaths fell off dramatically when we started paying the Sunnis not to shoot at us? It's inventing them all the time that doesn't work, sweetie.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#878116 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Beckel, a democrat commentator, admitted Dr. Carson is scaring the liberals. According to him, "shaking in their boots."
If Dr. Carson is seriously going to run for office, he'll have to disappear for a while and do some serious homework, preferably with some top-notch political counselors. Otherwise, his abundance of common sense will only go so far in the media spotlight and on the political stage. But he's smart enough to know that too.
There's going to be several excellent choices among republicans in 2016. We just have to pick the one with the least baggage, the best message and rally around that one person this time.
There was such an urgency to beat Obama in 2012, there were just too many chefs in the kitchen. Too many of us liked everything we saw and couldn't decide on which one served up the best dish, so to speak.
What a load, no one is shaking in his boots at all and if Dr. Carson allows himself to be used by the Republicans, then he is a damn fool and has no idea what he's signing up for.
You don't want a person of color, or a minority, or a woman candidate, everyone knows it so stop pretending. The man is not a politician, they'll eat him alive. The good old white boy club will not allow it and you are delusional.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#878117 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob Beckel, a democrat commentator, admitted Dr. Carson is scaring the liberals. According to him, "shaking in their boots."
If Dr. Carson is seriously going to run for office, he'll have to disappear for a while and do some serious homework, preferably with some top-notch political counselors. Otherwise, his abundance of common sense will only go so far in the media spotlight and on the political stage. But he's smart enough to know that too.
There's going to be several excellent choices among republicans in 2016. We just have to pick the one with the least baggage, the best message and rally around that one person this time.
There was such an urgency to beat Obama in 2012, there were just too many chefs in the kitchen. Too many of us liked everything we saw and couldn't decide on which one served up the best dish, so to speak.
Isn't it the truth. Too many Demorats crossed over in the primaries and gave us the weakest candidate (McCain).

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#878118 Mar 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I note your surrender on the cause of the Iraq War.
You're not as stupid as you look.
You walked away from your lies before I got a chance to make you look really stupid!!
Actually that was Obama who surrendered, I've never given up on anything.
I am curious though. Which Bush are you talking about, the one who was able to manipulate most of the free world, not to mention the Democratic congressional heavy hitters, about the necessity for invasion or the Bush that, while over there ostensibly for oil, neglected to grab a barrel or two?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#878119 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
Oh I love springtime! The birds, the young people walking on the beach hand in ha... Omigawd! those are two boys! Good lord y'all, there's two boys walking along the beach near when my friend Jinny lives and I swear to GOD one of them looks just like a girl!
Up to a certain age and from the rear, it's hard to tell the difference.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#878120 Mar 22, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load, no one is shaking in his boots at all and if Dr. Carson allows himself to be used by the Republicans, then he is a damn fool and has no idea what he's signing up for.
You don't want a person of color, or a minority, or a woman candidate, everyone knows it so stop pretending. The man is not a politician, they'll eat him alive. The good old white boy club will not allow it and you are delusional.
lily loves the race card as well as the gender card
new yawk

Salt Lake City, UT

#878121 Mar 22, 2013
Look, let's be realistic, shall we? Southerners in general and Texans in particular, are frauds, crminals, and physical and moral cowards, I think we can agree on this. For one thing, their basic premise that this is a christian nation is completely undermined by the very clear evidence that they value money above all else. You cannot possibly have a substantive discussion with a coward who's always on the lookout for some black guy to try to steal his stuff. Is there any question about this? C'mon, have you ever been to the south? Is that what you want for your kid? I didn't think so. It'd be like taking your kid to piano lessons in Mumbai.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#878122 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I want nothing more than for blacks and minorities to find a way out of their circumstances. My wish is that even more will come back to the republican party.
But you can't help those who either don't want to be helped or would rather be dependent - that includes all races and colors.
The broken structure within the black community is something only they can change. And more black leaders are needed to send a clearer message.
But to simply ignore it and pretend like it's not contributing to the problems we now face is like ignoring the pink elephant in the room and pretending it's not there.
Poverty among single unwed mothers without a father in the home is the most significant contributor to the welfare crisis. It's a pretty big pink elephant.
80% of the people on welfare are single white women with children.
Blacks make up only something like 13% of the population and yet you can't stop obsessing about them in everything you say.
So please spare us your phony concern about the black family.
Did you find out about Bill Clintons welfare reform act? Do you know how much a person receives on welfare? Do some homework and let us know if you could subside on it. It's not the picnic that your party depicts it to be.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#878123 Mar 22, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean pink a in a white person blushing, because last I've checked suburban white folks in welfare red states were the dominate contributing factor to the welfare crisis in America? The fact still remains, there are more white people on welfare than any other race! Add in corporate welfare & the numbers go up by a 2/1 margin. Your rebuttal!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#878124 Mar 22, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> wheat causing the great depression.
ah. the wheat bubble.

well gezz, if we can tell the truth about the housing bubble(everyone's fault) i don't see what the big deal is.

i have to try it....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#878125 Mar 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's a tax haven for rich folks who's trying to put it back on the poor folks while it tries to protect the rich.
they should do what Iceland did. let the banks go bust, wiping out those foreign deposits, while protecting domestic deposits.
Exactly what I said yesterday. Have the Russians moved their money? To the Caymans? Those accounts are held by criminals and tax cheats.
new yawk

Salt Lake City, UT

#878126 Mar 22, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they will do. Next stop, Grand Cayman National! Woo-hoo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min CrunchyBacon 100,630
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min loose cannon 196,916
Hillary fires up crowd in Iowa. 1 hr lakeche 4
abby 8-28=15 1 hr Julie 8
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 6,402
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr litesong 54,496
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ariel Sharon 70,157
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages