Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,374)

Showing posts 807,461 - 807,480 of1,034,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

'Autopsy' Is the Right Word: RNC Releases Report on Party's Future

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Pentagon:'significant escalation' of Syrian war into Lebanon
It's not significant but it is an interesting turn of events.

If Syria attacks Lebanon the US, Israel, Turkey and others will enter the fight and the Assad regime will live happily ever after?

Maybe when pigs fly__never the less it is an interesting development going into the third year Syria's civil war.

The Syrian regime is destroying Syria rather than change leadership and has recently begun using cluster bombs within it's own cities and certainly creating more refugees.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

On ABC’s This Week, hosted by Martha Raddatz, Speaker of the House John Boehner appeared to downplay the problem of national debt while loudly proclaiming his wonderful relationship with President Obama.“The president and I, as I have made very clear, have a very good relationship. We're open with each other. We're honest with each other,” said Boehner.

“Do you trust President Obama?” Raddatz asked.

“Absolutely,” Boehner replied.

“Absolutely?” Raddatz emphasized.

“Absolutely,” Boehner repeated.

Framing Republicans as out-of-touch radicals, Raddatz then asked,“President Obama says these meetings are intended to find members of the common-sense caucus who he can make a deal with …. Are you not a member of the common-sense caucus?”

Boehner, falling for the trap, shot back,“I’m part of the common-sense caucus. We appreciate the outreach. We appreciate the engagement from the president. But it’s gonna take more than this if we’re serious about solving our problems.”

Then Boehner dropped the bombshell. Raddatz, after quoting President Obama saying we don’t have “an immediate crisis in terms of debt,” asked Boehner for his thoughts. And Boehner eagerly agreed:“We do not have an immediate debt crisis. But we all know that we have one looming …. It could be a year or two years, three years, four years. It’s not an immediate problem.” And then Boehner said he agreed with Obama on the immediacy of the problem.

With Republicans fighting tooth and nail to implement solutions necessary to reducing the national debt, Boehner’s language certainly undermines the public relations narrative set by conservatives. A House GOP aide angrily told Breitbart News today,“This undercuts the fight House conservatives have waged since 2010. Our efforts to prevent a debt crisis we will certainly face should never be minimized.”

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say you had to deny something that you know for a fact happened right before you were born or you'd be fed to the lions.
No one would choose to die a horrible death if they just had to deny something they knew to be true.
I'd deny just about anything before being fed to the lions. Except my faith.
Some truths are worth dying for.
Where did you get the notion that people could get themselves out of "death by beast" in the Roman Empire by denying something? Don't know much about the bread and circuses, huh, dumb carol. I'm sure Peter told that same story about never denying the "faith"...oh, wait, according "legend" he actually did say that. How'd that work out for him? BTW, St. Paul seems to be one flamin' closet case, n'est pas? What-ev...you do remember we were talking about the concept that a factually historical Jesus lived could not be proven, not disputing that the Christians as founded by Paul, suffered various inhumanities under the Roman Empire, as did Jews, Celts, Gauls, political rivals, etc.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sh!t -- ANOTHER stroke? You illiterate, fat old malaprop-spouting cons are no sooner on SS, than you die. Maybe that's the answer to the whole shortfall thingy?
See what I mean. You just proved your age. 16 and counting... You just learned what a malapropism is didn't you...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's say you had to deny something that you know for a fact happened right before you were born or you'd be fed to the lions.
No one would choose to die a horrible death if they just had to deny something they knew to be true.
I'd deny just about anything before being fed to the lions. Except my faith.
Some truths are worth dying for.
Reread your nonsensical post Carol and get back right after you use google-bing or whatever to tidy up your knowledge of "Christians Fed To Lions."

Eh?
new yawk

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Where did you get the notion that people could get themselves out of "death by beast" in the Roman Empire by denying something? Don't know much about the bread and circuses, huh, dumb carol. I'm sure Peter told that same story about never denying the "faith"...oh, wait, according "legend" he actually did say that. How'd that work out for him? BTW, St. Paul seems to be one flamin' closet case, n'est pas? What-ev...you do remember we were talking about the concept that a factually historical Jesus lived could not be proven, not disputing that the Christians as founded by Paul, suffered various inhumanities under the Roman Empire, as did Jews, Celts, Gauls, political rivals, etc.
You see that, darling? Now they're accusing you of being me which is what I've been telling you all along! We were made for each other! I suppose the good thing about an unconsummated cyber-relationship is that you don't have to shower as often.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I cant think of to many policies that are more reckless
not to mention just plain wrong.
Do they really want a run on the banks?
Tell you what...if it was a US policy, I would clear out my
bank acct, and we would most likely have a run on the banks.
And most people would trust the FDIC ins. but I place no faith
at all in the FDIC.
You wouldn't have chance to clear out your account, because, as in Greece, the banks would be closed.

Who says a financial crisis would be necessary? Obama could just levy a "tax" on all bank deposits above a certain amount to help "balance the budget." And the Obama mob would cheer.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
John Boehner On Gay Marriage:'I Can't Imagine' Ever Supporting This
Days after Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) reversed his stance on gay marriage, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is not doing the same.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/17/john...
"silly"
president nobama 2008, while campaigning, marriage is between one man and one woman. president nobama now, homosexual marriage is okay.
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's not significant but it is an interesting turn of events.
If Syria attacks Lebanon the US, Israel, Turkey and others will enter the fight and the Assad regime will live happily ever after?
Maybe when pigs fly__never the less it is an interesting development going into the third year Syria's civil war.
The Syrian regime is destroying Syria rather than change leadership and has recently begun using cluster bombs within it's own cities and certainly creating more refugees.
Given a choice between Assad and radical Islamists, best to let them fight it out.

Kind of like gangsta wars in Chicago.

Win-win.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your plan is to give women an equal share of the promotional opportunities without an equal share of the risk.
In the case of Jessica Lynch, she f*cked up resulting in the death of other soldiers and was rewarded by being treated as a hero.
That was a stupid reply even for a fkstk such as yourself.

Lynch was a scrawny teenaged 110 pound little girl who joined the military to get out of her circumstances and build credits for college. She achieved the rank of PFC and was simply along for the ride that someone else fkd up.

She's 10 years older now__you can find the rest of her story on line.
new yawk

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is safer in a foreign bank then why not.
'Safer?' Then how'd we get to the despicable Cyprus, pray tell? You put money in a foreign bank to hide it from American tax laws and for no other reason. If you are an American and seek to dodge American tax laws then you are a criminal and belong with the other criminals bein' ass-raped by bubba who's doing 20 to life for selling pot to an undercover police officer whose $48,000 a year salary is paid for by tax money from you, theoretically. You want 'safety' all right, but you want it for you and nobody else.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
You see that, darling? Now they're accusing you of being me which is what I've been telling you all along! We were made for each other! I suppose the good thing about an unconsummated cyber-relationship is that you don't have to shower as often.
You are totally adorable...if you were I, I wouldn't say that...adorkable, maybe.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
On ABC’s This Week, hosted by Martha Raddatz, Speaker of the House John Boehner appeared to downplay the problem of national debt while loudly proclaiming his wonderful relationship with President Obama.“The president and I, as I have made very clear, have a very good relationship. We're open with each other. We're honest with each other,” said Boehner.
“Do you trust President Obama?” Raddatz asked.
“Absolutely,” Boehner replied.
“Absolutely?” Raddatz emphasized.
“Absolutely,” Boehner repeated.
Framing Republicans as out-of-touch radicals, Raddatz then asked,“President Obama says these meetings are intended to find members of the common-sense caucus who he can make a deal with …. Are you not a member of the common-sense caucus?”
Boehner, falling for the trap, shot back,“I’m part of the common-sense caucus. We appreciate the outreach. We appreciate the engagement from the president. But it’s gonna take more than this if we’re serious about solving our problems.”
Then Boehner dropped the bombshell. Raddatz, after quoting President Obama saying we don’t have “an immediate crisis in terms of debt,” asked Boehner for his thoughts. And Boehner eagerly agreed:“We do not have an immediate debt crisis. But we all know that we have one looming …. It could be a year or two years, three years, four years. It’s not an immediate problem.” And then Boehner said he agreed with Obama on the immediacy of the problem.
With Republicans fighting tooth and nail to implement solutions necessary to reducing the national debt, Boehner’s language certainly undermines the public relations narrative set by conservatives. A House GOP aide angrily told Breitbart News today,“This undercuts the fight House conservatives have waged since 2010. Our efforts to prevent a debt crisis we will certainly face should never be minimized.”
Raddatz is an Obama stooge.

Boehner's stand is correct to fend off Obama demands for immediate tax increases, in favor of staged spending reductions.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't have chance to clear out your account, because, as in Greece, the banks would be closed.
Who says a financial crisis would be necessary? Obama could just levy a "tax" on all bank deposits above a certain amount to help "balance the budget." And the Obama mob would cheer.
DAYUMMMMMMM.....white folk sho do make a mess of things before they die.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Hillary changes position on’ Defense of Marriage Act,’ now supports Gay Marriage just Liberal Dribble nothing more than Political posturing!! One thing Liberals/Democrats will embrace the Path of Least Resistance it’s the cowardly thing to do!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's not significant but it is an interesting turn of events.
Saving the entire population of Syria is not worth one single American life.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
president nobama 2008, while campaigning, marriage is between one man and one woman. president nobama now, homosexual marriage is okay.
Peace
whats your point? tis nothing but a little patronizing to that sick gay world.....after all, they voted in large #'s for him. i'm willing to bet obama hopes the SCOTUS rules against same-sex marriage....that would get him off the hook.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
Peace
Obama was and is a reptile that changes his colors when it's safe. He does not represent all Americans, nor does he care about what damage he does. No budget, irresponsible budget & debt. No pipeline, no jobs, the inept idiot is only good at conniving and pushing the far left agenda upon this county.

Lily is just a plain old hypocrite.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
Hillary changes position on’ Defense of Marriage Act,’ now supports Gay Marriage just Liberal Dribble nothing more than Political posturing!! One thing Liberals/Democrats will embrace the Path of Least Resistance it’s the cowardly thing to do!!
what about your GOProud buddies? did not a PA senator switch positions when his son came out of the closet. the only one left to convince that same-sex is ok, IS the POPE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 807,461 - 807,480 of1,034,118
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 min PEllen 96,134
Abby 4-19 9 min Kuuipo 9
Music Artists A to Z 13 min boundary painter 92
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 19 min boundary painter 1,023
Amy 4-19 21 min boundary painter 8
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 30 min boundary painter 7,551
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min ritedownthemiddle 42,991
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]