Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
807,421 - 807,440 of 1,101,221 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877502 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
American Idol was a generic example intended to include all similar shows, without singling out any one piece of trash as any more offensive than the others.
Yeah sure, still on Fox

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877503 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you would have loved O'Reilly the other night.
He disagrees with the Iraq War and said we could have taken Saddam out without having lost so much blood and treasure.
He also said we should never be involved in any country going forward unless they pose a direct threat to our own security.
Sounded a lot like you.
Did you know loofahs come from Iraq?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877504 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt watched Honey Boo Boo one time, never again.
Most impressive character was Uncle Poodle, a/k/a Patrick/Lincoln.
That's waaay too much information, you sound like a fan.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#877505 Mar 21, 2013
For those of you who still believe Saddam kept Iran in check...if Saddam had been left alone to develop his own nuclear program, both Iraq AND Iran would have these weapons.

Try and picture that scenario for just a minute.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877506 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid is Paul Ryan?
Paul Ryan wants to keep Obama's savings from Medicare & use them to "save" Medicare.
A good deal of Obama's Medicare savings stem from cuts to some providers such as hospitals.
Hospitals said that was OK because Obama was sending them 30 million new paying customers.
Dumbass Ryan just ended that aspect - no 30 million new paying customers..
Paul Ryan is a f*cking moron. Keep him talking & Republicans will keep losing.
Ryan was the reason Romney lost. & he will be the reasons many more Republicans will lose in 2014.
He sounds very stupid, I cannot argue with you. Galt?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877507 Mar 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That's disgusting...Giffords has recovered to an almost miraculous degree from a traumatic brain injury to which the NRA served as an accomplice...your asinine statements show that you have neither a brain, a heart, or a pair.(Did Dumbya worry about the "dog and pony" aspects when he wouldn't allow even photographs of flag-draped coffins? Is Tammy Duckworth part of that political entertainment for profit?)
Because she can stand in front of a camera and repeat a short sentence of three-letter words in robotic fashion?

Galt has great sympathy for Giffords, but she appears to be a vegetable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#877508 Mar 21, 2013
Beyonce made $40 Million in 2012. LOL

What'd you make off Social Security?? BWAHAHAHAHA

She's #32 on Forbes 'Power Women' list!! DUH

More proof that you are an old relic, completely out of touch with America.

Tina Turner?? She's 73 and she gave up her US citizenship to become a Swiss citizen.

At least you could compare Beyonce to an American, dipshit.

But it figures you only know about female singers over 70 who were beaten by their husband!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike Beyonce, Tina Turner has talent and can sing live.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#877509 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true either, because tax increases change economic behavior and do not result in the expected revenue increases.
Increased revenues lower the deficit.

Cutting spending can influence the economy also by sending thousands of government workers to the unemployment lines & food stamp roles & reduce spending in the local community.

So cut s[ending here, add expenses there. So are you advocating not spending cuts?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877510 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Palestinians who lived within the boundaries of Israel in 1948 left on their own because they were convinced they could get back the whole pie by force. They forfeited any "right."
They didn't forfeit a thing. It would be the same if we kicked the Indians out and didn't let them return.
Nothing will ever be settled without a Palestinian State and the right of return.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#877511 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think there is some mandate that says all new revenues must be spent on additional crap?
My God, get a f*cking brain.
The deficit is the difference between money spent & revenues generated. To reduce the deficit, spending cuts and/or revenue increases lower that deficit.
And really, you don't think that the billions because of Sandy would not have been spent without that extra revenue?
No birdbrain I didn't say that. Learn to comprehend what you read. I didn't say it must be spent but it will be spent because they can't help themselves. Just like when a person gets a raise. Do they put that extra money in the bank to grow wealth and improve their lot in life? No, most likely, they blow it on something. You can decide what.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877513 Mar 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You know I find it amazing that an Asian family can come over here and without knowing a soul start a business and be relative well off in just a few years. But some people born here can't pay for their retirement and old age health care after living for 50 years on their own. Assuming they leave home at 18.
I can think of at least 5 families that have done it right here by my house.
So you are surrounded by white trailer trash, same here Flack.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877514 Mar 21, 2013
And they all have Romney signs on the 6 X 10 lawns

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877515 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she can stand in front of a camera and repeat a short sentence of three-letter words in robotic fashion?
Galt has great sympathy for Giffords, but she appears to be a vegetable.
No, she's not a vegetable at all, just because her speech is slow doesn't mean that at all. I think it's amazing that she survived and recovered as much as she did.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877516 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
For those of you who still believe Saddam kept Iran in check...if Saddam had been left alone to develop his own nuclear program, both Iraq AND Iran would have these weapons.
Try and picture that scenario for just a minute.
I wish. Then they could proceed to blow each other up like they did back in the 80's.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#877517 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever consider raising revenue by growing the economy instead of depressing the economy by increasing taxes?
No, Democrats raise taxes to get revenge.
Obama has said that growing the economy was the best thing to reduce the deficit.

You mean like STIMULATING the economy? You mean like several plans that Republicans refused?

Republicans say no to any new spending.

I mean you certainly aren't dumb enough to push for more tax cuts, are you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877518 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>He sounds very stupid, I cannot argue with you. Galt?
The entire premise is ridiculous because Obamacare will result in huge tax increases and budget deficits if not stopped.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877519 Mar 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No birdbrain I didn't say that. Learn to comprehend what you read. I didn't say it must be spent but it will be spent because they can't help themselves. Just like when a person gets a raise. Do they put that extra money in the bank to grow wealth and improve their lot in life? No, most likely, they blow it on something. You can decide what.
You rightwingers are a lot like the hard leftwingers, you both want to control people lives and how they spend or don't spend their money.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#877520 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Even a blind squirreilly finds a nut from time to time.
Did you find yourself to be condescending towards him when he made these comments?
I will say I was a little disappointed considering the carnage that would have taken place against the Iraqis had Saddam's insurgents and al Qaeda been left in Iraq in the vacuum.

Obama was so quick to get us out of there, he screwed up the progress that was taking place in establishing Iraq's new leadership.

All the blood and treasure that WAS lost might very well have been for nothing.

He really does think it's all about him, doesn't he?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877521 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>He sounds very stupid, I cannot argue with you. Galt?
Well, he has to be a total moran if, after losing the election, his first order of business was to bring back his idiotic "personhood bill"; would that mean that eggs could vote?
The egg could sue the mother for aborting it? What about bacon?
Doesn't bacon have any rights? WTF?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#877522 Mar 21, 2013
After seeing what O'Reilly did, how can you support him??

First he sexually harasses a young woman on his staff.

Then he tries to get the policeman who his wife was dating in trouble, using his influence.

Now he tries to go after his wife thru the Catholic Church!!

Talk about a sore loser and woman hater!!

And you admire this man??

You're beneath contempt.

"Bill O'Reilly Divorced His Wife Then Begged The Pope To Send Her To Hell?"

"Going after the frequent flier miles is one thing, but trying to get your children's mother excommunicated from her church is another thing all together!
Bill O'Reilly and Maureen McPhilmy, the woman who divorced him and then remarried another man, aren't exactly getting along when it comes to raising their kids.
A man and his ex-wife disagreeing on parenting styles isn't exactly unprecedented, but when it gets so bad he starts a one man crusade against his ex-wife's soul?
Yikes!!
Marueen has been officially reprimanded by the Catholic Church for continuing to (1) receive communion at her local church after getting divorced and remarried Mmm, but the body of Christ is so delicious! And who can turn down a free snack? and (2) telling her kids that marriage numero dos is valid in God's eyes!"

----------

As a woman on her second marriage, this should appalling to you!!

Likely you're too ignorant to see the similarities.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why O'Reilly and other oppositional voices are an absolute necessity...
Chris Matthews started out one of his segments the other night with "the racist Tea Party".
Can't be anymore biased than that.
But you'd be happy if this was all anyone ever heard?
It's how Hitler convinced a lot of Germans Jews were pigs. That's all they ever heard. There were no oppositional voices.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,069
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 28 min Jonah1 49,460
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min SpaceBlues 46,365
2 teens critically wounded in South Side shooting 1 hr wow 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,395
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 177,517
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 3 hr Use this on you 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info