Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#877543 Mar 21, 2013
I've always respected the things you write, Homer. I may not have agreed with them, but I respected your right to say them. We agree then that right up until Obama took over Iraq we were winning?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#877544 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say I was a little disappointed considering the carnage that would have taken place against the Iraqis had Saddam's insurgents and al Qaeda been left in Iraq in the vacuum.
Obama was so quick to get us out of there, he screwed up the progress that was taking place in establishing Iraq's new leadership.
All the blood and treasure that WAS lost might very well have been for nothing.
He really does think it's all about him, doesn't he?
You might want to tidy up that jibberish babe__al Qaeda in Iraq is claiming much of the credit for the current state of unrest (sectarian violence)in that nation.

There were no AQ or any other brand of terrorists in Iraq prior prior to the US invasion__now they're thick particularly in Anbar Province, you know, the surge place.

Saddam hated OBL and once said that he would kill him with his bare hands if he found him inside Iraq. Saddam likely did have Abu Nidal killed.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#877545 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The CBO aid Galt is a liar. Obamacare does not add to the deficit.
I know why you right whiners are so confused.
You are accustomed to Republicans passed bills under Bush that just spent money without any revenue generation to pay for it.
Dave I know facts donít matter in the Liberal World, but a not-so-surprising report from the Government Accountability Office, it turns out that ObamaCare is estimated to add another $6.2 trillion to the long-term deficit!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#877546 Mar 21, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
After seeing what O'Reilly did, how can you support him??
First he sexually harasses a young woman on his staff.
Then he tries to get the policeman who his wife was dating in trouble, using his influence.
Now he tries to go after his wife thru the Catholic Church!!
Talk about a sore loser and woman hater!!
And you admire this man??
You're beneath contempt.
"Bill O'Reilly Divorced His Wife Then Begged The Pope To Send Her To Hell?"
"Going after the frequent flier miles is one thing, but trying to get your children's mother excommunicated from her church is another thing all together!
Bill O'Reilly and Maureen McPhilmy, the woman who divorced him and then remarried another man, aren't exactly getting along when it comes to raising their kids.
A man and his ex-wife disagreeing on parenting styles isn't exactly unprecedented, but when it gets so bad he starts a one man crusade against his ex-wife's soul?
Yikes!!
Marueen has been officially reprimanded by the Catholic Church for continuing to (1) receive communion at her local church after getting divorced and remarried ó Mmm, but the body of Christ is so delicious! And who can turn down a free snack?ó and (2) telling her kids that marriage numero dos is valid in God's eyes!"
----------
As a woman on her second marriage, this should appalling to you!!
Likely you're too ignorant to see the similarities.
<quoted text>
There's a lot of things I don't agree with or understand about O'Reilly.

But like, with anything, you have to weigh the good with the bad.

~He gives every penny of his factor gear profits to charity.
~He worked tirelessly to get Jessica's Law passed in all but 6 states to protect the children in this country and he's still working on those 6.
~He does more for the Wounded Warriors Project than anyone with a microphone on television.
~He looks out for the folks with viewpoints from both sides on every issue.
~He really doesn't like spin and isn't afraid to say exactly what he thinks when the left tries to get away with it.

He's not perfect. I've known that from the very beginning.

But neither are you. And neither am I.
carol

Orlando, FL

#877547 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire premise is ridiculous because Obamacare will result in huge tax increases and budget deficits if not stopped.
Well, I for one don't see how it can be stopped, do you? When that traitor, Ro___ts (I can't bring myself to spell his whole name) gave his stamp of approval didn't that clinch the thing for the liberals? I think we're probably doomed, and, if not doomed, then we should all be very scared indeed about the future of this once great nation.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877548 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't the better solution be to save as many innocents in both Iraq and Iran?
Remember the students in the streets in Iran a few years ago - when they were risking their very lives in protest and it took Obama 9 days to comment?
Why would you want them to be blown up?
Obama knows as much as anyone, the easiest and most probable end to the Iranian crisis is getting rid of another threat.
He as much as said so.
The Iranians would probably be cheering in the streets this time.
The Iranians will solve their own problems; they have a young highly educated population that does not want to die in a stupid war. Amininejad will be out soon; I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a revolution there as well.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#877549 Mar 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Americans call themselves Irish when they are 4th generation American and have never even been to Ireland? Same with Italians. People want to identify with an origin and through the Human Genome Project people can discover that we all come from Africa!!
That ought to send you straight over the edge!!
lily identifies with vodka

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#877550 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So you are surrounded by white trailer trash, same here Flack.
The nearest trailer park is about 4 miles away. Full of Obama voters.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#877551 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You got no response because it's a stupid question.
Can you spell dummy?
l-i-l-y

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#877552 Mar 21, 2013
You're lying again.

Kennedy voted for the Iraq War?? In what world?? You filthy little liar.

Gore?? He wasn't even in the Senate in 2002, you filthy little liar!!

82 (40%) of 208 Democratic Representatives voted for the resolution.

217 of 223 Republican Representatives voted for the resolution.

----------

21 of 50 Democratic senators voted against the resolution.

1 of 49 Republican senators voted against the resolution.

Bush stampeded the nation to war with lies. Proven lies. State of the Union speech lies.

Even Colin Powell denounced Bush as a liar.

And you're so full of cigarette smoke and candy that you can't even think straight!!

All of America blames Bush for the Iraq War. Proven over and over in polling. It's why Bush hides in TX.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually an idiom in the English language meaning in an argument or a case, to have no support thinking you're in the right.
Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore and Ted Kennedy along with the majority of democrats in both the House and Senate supported Bush. They knew Saddam had WMDs even before 9/11 and were privy to the same intelligence.
40 countries stood behind Bush.
So when it comes to blaming just Bush, you have no leg to stand on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877553 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
I've always respected the things you write, Homer. I may not have agreed with them, but I respected your right to say them. We agree then that right up until Obama took over Iraq we were winning?
No, we lost as soon as we set foot in their country. Ok technically we won as far as a military campaign, and that did not change when Obama took over. Any president would have done what Obama did with regards to withdrawing troops and most of that was already part of Bush's plan. What did you want to keep our troops their forever?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#877554 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I give you purpose in life, you should be greatful
leosanus is going to be terribly upset, once again, with your incorrect spelling of "grateful". It's a good thing you can plead inebriation, once again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#877555 Mar 21, 2013
I don't know why Nuc, but I feel closer to you and Homer today than I have in years. It gives me hope to think that, one day, we can all just be Americans and not at each others' throats all the time. Hope and change, hope and change!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#877556 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Not to mention the liability; a few years ago a boy was beaten to death in the street by party goers, the family was held liable for allowing alcohol to teenagers.
How much did you have to pay?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#877557 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, increased revenue do lower the deficit when coupled with spending cuts - a balanced approach like Obama wants & the Republicans reject.
Would you please quit putting words in my mouth. Why must you constantly change people words to fit your point of view. It makes you seem the idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#877558 Mar 21, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
You're lying again.
Kennedy voted for the Iraq War?? In what world?? You filthy little liar.
Gore?? He wasn't even in the Senate in 2002, you filthy little liar!!
82 (40%) of 208 Democratic Representatives voted for the resolution.
217 of 223 Republican Representatives voted for the resolution.
----------
21 of 50 Democratic senators voted against the resolution.
1 of 49 Republican senators voted against the resolution.
Bush stampeded the nation to war with lies. Proven lies. State of the Union speech lies.
Even Colin Powell denounced Bush as a liar.
And you're so full of cigarette smoke and candy that you can't even think straight!!
All of America blames Bush for the Iraq War. Proven over and over in polling. It's why Bush hides in TX.
<quoted text>
Well, maybe not close... but less distant certainly.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#877559 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Was he another disgruntled 65 yr old white guy?
lily loves the race card

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#877560 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
You should see the Asians at the Baccarat tables placing minimum $1000 bets!! It's a riot.
I bet. All we have here is the lottery and Colonial Downs off track betting. I go there once in a while for a change of pace. WV lottery allows slot type machines in bars. Wish we had those here. I use to enjoy those.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#877561 Mar 21, 2013
You said that before,I called you on it,and you ran off.

Show us the proof that wheat prices had anything to do with the onset of the Depression.

You can't, because it didn't. More of your truck driver ignorance.
flack wrote:
Who would have thought a week ago that a tiny island country (Cypress) could have the ability to possibly bring down the world economy? Of course most of you didn't know the price of wheat started the ball rolling in 1929.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877562 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
They didn't forfeit a thing. It would be the same if we kicked the Indians out and didn't let them return.
Nothing will ever be settled without a Palestinian State and the right of return.
Let the Palestinians have Syria, or Lebanon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min positronium 49,221
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,838
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr scirocco 71,045
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,884
2 cops executed in new york 2 hr The Pissed Citizen 1
More on the Eric Garner Saga 2 hr The Patriot 7
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Cowobunga 51,254
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:56 am PST

Bleacher Report11:56AM