Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877481 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You singled out American Idol, I merely pointed out which company broadcasts it. Relax there Honey Boo Boo.
Galt watched Honey Boo Boo one time, never again.

Most impressive character was Uncle Poodle, a/k/a Patrick/Lincoln.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#877482 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In the case of Gabby Giffords, those who should be ashamed are those who repeatedly trot out a seriously brain-damaged woman as part of a dog-and-pony show to further their political ends. Giffords' husband should be at the top of that list.
That's disgusting...Giffords has recovered to an almost miraculous degree from a traumatic brain injury to which the NRA served as an accomplice...your asinine statements show that you have neither a brain, a heart, or a pair.(Did Dumbya worry about the "dog and pony" aspects when he wouldn't allow even photographs of flag-draped coffins? Is Tammy Duckworth part of that political entertainment for profit?)

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#877483 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwingers hate seniors.
I believe I speak for most rightwingers when I say if you are not a millionaire and able to take care of yourself by the time you reach your golden years, all rightwingers together: GFY!
How stupid is Paul Ryan?

Paul Ryan wants to keep Obama's savings from Medicare & use them to "save" Medicare.

A good deal of Obama's Medicare savings stem from cuts to some providers such as hospitals.

Hospitals said that was OK because Obama was sending them 30 million new paying customers.

Dumbass Ryan just ended that aspect - no 30 million new paying customers..

Paul Ryan is a f*cking moron. Keep him talking & Republicans will keep losing.

Ryan was the reason Romney lost. & he will be the reasons many more Republicans will lose in 2014.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#877484 Mar 21, 2013
Funny how you fail to mention Don Young, R- Alaska.

Fair and balanced?? You're as bad as FAUX!!

""WASHINGTON -- The House of Representatives Ethics Committee is investigating Alaska Republican Rep. Don Young over allegations of wrongly taking gifts, using campaign funds for personal purposes and lying to federal officials.

The ethics committee said Tuesday that it was creating an investigative subcommittee to determine whether Young broke the law or House rules. The decision to move forward with an investigation follows an initial probe by the ethics panel in which it reviewed evidence against Young.

Young declined a request for an interview to discuss the allegations.

"We have no comment at this time," Young spokesman Michael Anderson said, adding that Young has cooperated with investigators and will continue to do so.

The allegations are that Young "or persons acting on his behalf improperly obtained, received or accepted gifts, improperly used official resources or campaign funds for personal purposes, failed to report certain gifts on his annual financial disclosure statements and made false statements to federal officials."

Corruption investigations have dogged Young for years. At one point, the Justice Department drew up a draft indictment that included the synopsis that “Donald Young, in his capacity as congressman of Alaska, accepted and expected things of value (trips, meals, golf, etc.) from lobbyists, and in exchange he would provide them with official actions (meetings, letters, legislation)." The indictment wasn’t used, and Young has not been charged.

The FBI had Young under investigation for at least four years. That inquiry concluded with a 2010 memo. "It was determined that there was not evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to ultimately convict Congressman Young," the memo said.

The Justice Department appears to still have an interest in Young.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/19/3295092...

----------

You're more of a scumbag than I realized, Nobraina.
John Galt wrote:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is standing behind Rep. Robert Andrews (D-N.J.) despite calls for the veteran lawmaker to relinquish his leadership post while he is investigated on ethics charges.
Pelosi and other members of the Democratic leadership, including Whip Steny Hoyer (Md.) and Caucus Chairman Xavier Becerra (Calif.), backed Andrews on Wednesday as he battles charges of using campaign funds for family trips.
In 2012, the Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE) released a report charging Andrews with tapping tens of thousands of dollars in campaign funds to pay for a 2011 trip to a wedding in Scotland and multiple jaunts to Los Angeles with his daughters.
The OCE is an outside panel made up of former lawmakers and legal experts. It referred the case to the House Ethics Committee last year, citing “substantial reason to believe that he improperly used congressional campaign and Leadership PAC funds for personal use.”
Andrews has argued the trips were political because the groom in the Scotland wedding and his daughters were volunteer campaign aides.
OCE sharply disagreed, stating that the House Democrat “engaged in no political activity, gave no political speeches, raised no campaign funds and did not discuss his campaign.”
The OCE, which does not have subpoena power, also said Andrews failed to provide investigators with his congressional and campaign calendars and supplied credit card statements “after making significant redactions.”
Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/289463-pelo...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877485 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>'And speaking of 'cankles' don't let go of your own... I appreciate the gesture, and I'm thoroughly enjoying ramming my sense of humor up your willing chute.'
Now there is something you don't read everyday.
It's refreshing to see some new material on this thread, lord knows I've run out.
Willing Shute? Oh my word, is that supposed to be a compliment?

Meanwhile back at the ranch, in MA, I am ashamed to say ( since that's where I am from), we have this dunderhead:

Mass. sheriff apologizes for Obama assassination ‘satire’ after getting death threats

A Republican sheriff in Massachusetts says that he is now getting death threats after using “political satire” to joke that President Barack Obama should be assassinated.

At a breakfast event over the weekend, Plymouth County Sheriff Joseph McDonald had told about 100 Republicans that Abraham Lincoln had appeared to Obama in a dream and had told him to go to the theater where the former president was shot in the head.

But when McDonald spoke to WCVB on Wednesday, he was no longer in a joking mood.

Things have taken a very sinister turn,” the sheriff said.“I’ve received all kinds of hate emails, phone messages and voice mails, many of them physically threatening me, my family.”

“To the extend that some individuals seem to be able to separate satire from reality, if I have offended them, you know, I’m sorry for that,” he added.“I’m sincerely sorry for that.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/21/mass-sh...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877486 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You singled out American Idol, I merely pointed out which company broadcasts it. Relax there Honey Boo Boo.
American Idol was a generic example intended to include all similar shows, without singling out any one piece of trash as any more offensive than the others.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#877487 Mar 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You got no response because it's a stupid question.
Can you spell dummy?
Lily there’s no such thing of a Dumb Question just a Dumb Answer!! Lil smarts is not one of your assets !!

Location hidden

#877488 Mar 21, 2013
Thank you for that.

The House legislation passed is so unAmerican and regressive it helped Obama win re-election.

Especially Ryan's budget.

Keep up the good work, Hillary will appreciate it when she wins in 2016!!
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The House is passing legislation.
The Senate, not so much.
Obama should make his best deal now, because conditions will be even less favorable after 2014 elections.

Location hidden

#877489 Mar 21, 2013
Who is this Galt you speak of, Nobraina??

Got a mouse in your pocket??
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt watched Honey Boo Boo one time, never again.
Most impressive character was Uncle Poodle, a/k/a Patrick/Lincoln.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877490 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think there is some mandate that says all new revenues must be spent on additional crap?
My God, get a f*cking brain.
The deficit is the difference between money spent & revenues generated. To reduce the deficit, spending cuts and/or revenue increases lower that deficit.
And really, you don't think that the billions because of Sandy would not have been spent without that extra revenue?
Ever consider raising revenue by growing the economy instead of depressing the economy by increasing taxes?

No, Democrats raise taxes to get revenge.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877491 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither Plan A nor Plan B are viable because the Democrat azzholes do not control the House.
Compromise would be possible if Obama stopped acting like a spoiled child.
You have your azzholes mixed up, Republican azzholes control the House, so Plan B is the option your are suggesting by default. Obama has never acted like a spoiled child, yours and other rightwingers perception that he is/has if the real issue.

Once the rightwingers get past this they'll see how easy it is to work with this president, more likely though they'll continue to be stubborn jackasses(4 years and counting) and continue to hold the country back.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#877492 Mar 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Most Americans remember the Bush years as a period of expanding government, ruinous war, and economic collapse. They voted for Obama the first time as a repudiation of those developments. Many did so a second time because most Republicans continue to pretend that they never happened.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/an-inc...
And if I may add, Mitt promised to do the EXACT same policy as Bush had done.
Lower taxes on the Rich to create jobs. How'd that work out for America?
carol

Orlando, FL

#877493 Mar 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
O'Reilly distracts teabaggers and helps the Democrats without understanding why
This is why O'Reilly and other oppositional voices are an absolute necessity...

Chris Matthews started out one of his segments the other night with "the racist Tea Party".

Can't be anymore biased than that.

But you'd be happy if this was all anyone ever heard?

It's how Hitler convinced a lot of Germans Jews were pigs. That's all they ever heard. There were no oppositional voices.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877494 Mar 21, 2013
President Obama's so cool:

During a speech on Thursday in Jerusalem, President Barack Obama handled a heckler by saying that actually the incident had been planned in advance by his team so that he could feel at home.

The president was speaking to an audience of university students when a heckler began to shout from somewhere in the room. Talking Points Memo reported that the heckler was demanding the release of former U.S. Navy Intelligence officer Jonathan Pollard, current jailed for leaking military secrets to the Israeli government.

Obama brushed aside the interruption, saying,“You know, I have to say, we actually arranged for that, because it made me feel at home.”

He added,“You know, I wouldn’t feel comfortable if I didn’t have at least one heckler

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/21/obama-j...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#877496 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you admit Ryan's plan will cost seniors more.
That was my point.
Not everyone can put more into their retirement accounts.
You know I find it amazing that an Asian family can come over here and without knowing a soul start a business and be relative well off in just a few years. But some people born here can't pay for their retirement and old age health care after living for 50 years on their own. Assuming they leave home at 18.

I can think of at least 5 families that have done it right here by my house.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877497 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you would have loved O'Reilly the other night.
He disagrees with the Iraq War and said we could have taken Saddam out without having lost so much blood and treasure.
He also said we should never be involved in any country going forward unless they pose a direct threat to our own security.
Sounded a lot like you.
Even a blind squirreilly finds a nut from time to time.

Did you find yourself to be condescending towards him when he made these comments?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877498 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Because they have a birthright; and the Israelis refuse the right of return.
Those Palestinians who lived within the boundaries of Israel in 1948 left on their own because they were convinced they could get back the whole pie by force. They forfeited any "right."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877499 Mar 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>That's disgusting...Giffords has recovered to an almost miraculous degree from a traumatic brain injury to which the NRA served as an accomplice...your asinine statements show that you have neither a brain, a heart, or a pair.(Did Dumbya worry about the "dog and pony" aspects when he wouldn't allow even photographs of flag-draped coffins? Is Tammy Duckworth part of that political entertainment for profit?)
That's what her opponent; deadbeat dad Joe Walsh said. See where that got him.
Gabby Giffords looks great; she and her husband are a phenomenal couple. I love them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877500 Mar 21, 2013
'squirreilly' I like it. Consider that some new material.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877501 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
No, what is it about?
Professional antique hunting, of a sort.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL 71,103
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min concern cirizen 51,263
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,237
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 1 hr Mover 88
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 1 hr Mover 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Flo 181,863
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 7 hr barefoot2626 20
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago