Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877397 Mar 21, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm convinced these shows are specifically intended to demean rural Americans. In fact, most reality shows are. I owned a timber falling company for years, I cut down trees, and I gotta tell ya, if any logging show operated like those on TV, they'd have gone broke in a week and be laughed out of the industry.
Galt agrees about the logging shows, which tend to show unsafe practices. The swamp people shows are also at the same level as SNL.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877398 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Add Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Storage Wars, Property Wars, etc.
Network TV is mostly a vast wasteland, puerile humor like SNL being near the top of the trash heap, exceeded only by the likes of American Idol.
American Idol is on Fox, go figure

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#877399 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike Beyonce, Tina Turner has talent and can sing live.
Agree!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877400 Mar 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, Nancy Pelosi, first female Speaker of the House; ever take a look at her record of accomplishments? Too bad she made a deal with Bush et al and not brought them to their knees about the wars.
Now, take a look at Boners: 0
Next...
True, Boehner has done absolutely nothing, worst Speaker ever. He shoudl resing his post, post haste
TSM

El Paso, TX

#877401 Mar 21, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, Nancy Pelosi, first female Speaker of the House; ever take a look at her record of accomplishments? Too bad she made a deal with Bush et al and not brought them to their knees about the wars.
Now, take a look at Boners: 0
Next...
Yes, Lily I’ve… When Pelosi took office Jan. 4, 2007 the National Dept. was (8.6 trillion) at the close of business on Oct. 22, the Dept. stood at (13.67 trillion) an increase of approximately 5 trillion., the $3.22 trillion in new debt accumulated during the record-setting 111th Congress!! Thanks Pelosi you not only created Historic Debt but Failed to Drain the Swamp!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877402 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt shows his true Limbaugh self. Making fun of the disabled.
What a pathetic POS.
In the case of Gabby Giffords, those who should be ashamed are those who repeatedly trot out a seriously brain-damaged woman as part of a dog-and-pony show to further their political ends. Giffords' husband should be at the top of that list.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877403 Mar 21, 2013
Middle School Suicide Of 8th Grade Student Reported At Davidson Middle School In Southgate, Michigan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/21/eigh...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#877404 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Add Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Storage Wars, Property Wars, etc.
Network TV is mostly a vast wasteland, puerile humor like SNL being near the top of the trash heap, exceeded only by the likes of American Idol.
The star of Swamp People, Trapper Joe, got drunk at Disney last year and beat the sht out of his girlfriend.
carol

Orlando, FL

#877405 Mar 21, 2013
Obama urged the Israeli people to put themselves in the shoes of Palestinians and recognize their “right to self-determination, their right to justice.”

Maybe someone should have raised their hand and asked the president why Arab countries won't even absorb the Palestinians.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877406 Mar 21, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans whining about Bloomberg
indicates a slow news day on fox?
Nanny Bloomerberg is bad publicity for the Obama dictatorship and should be kept in the news.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877407 Mar 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't watch a lot of network tv either. Unless the game or race is on there. Of which I wish they would come up with a pay-per-view type deal to get rid of the commercials.
I watch Criminal Minds, it's fun watching them track down and throw rightwingers in jail.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877408 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Now calm down, Homer watches Pawn Stars, American Pickers and Storage wars. Of course I do not watch Swamp anything or Hillbilly Handfishing...
Sorry Homer! Not a fan of reality shows, I do watch Cash Cab sometimes if I'm up that late.
Otherwise, all that crap, Housewives of NY, NJ, CA, GA, Kardashians, Bachelor and the whole gambit are not for me
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877409 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are those 55 & older exempt?
To give people time to adjust their retirement plans for the added costs.
The idea that these people are exempt does not change the fact that the Ryan plan is a voucher system that saves money by making retirees pay more.
What is your problem with that, provided that they have ample time to plan?

The current path is not sustainable, unless you are willing to tax your children even more for your medical care.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877410 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I watch Criminal Minds, it's fun watching them track down and throw rightwingers in jail.
I've watched that at times. I like Breaking Bad, Girls, Mad Men!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877411 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
Obama urged the Israeli people to put themselves in the shoes of Palestinians and recognize their “right to self-determination, their right to justice.”
Maybe someone should have raised their hand and asked the president why Arab countries won't even absorb the Palestinians.
Why should they?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#877412 Mar 21, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>American Idol is on Fox, go figure
You do realize that there are 4 FOX channels?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877413 Mar 21, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>RealDave is a mealy mouthed, foul mouth punk who knows he's the type, simply parroting every ignorant left-winger on this hate-filled site.
Dumbass Dave is not your traditional hippie leftie, but more of the labor union "gimme more" crew.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#877414 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
Smart guy that Obama. Why should Arab countries absorb the Palestinians?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877415 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So he had a plan.
Obama can't do anything until Congress passes something.
Talk top your right whiner Republicans who decided to let the sequester happen.
Obama will need to change his plan to get anything passed by Congress.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#877416 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Parents should educate their children to avoid alcohol and confirm that responsible adult supervision is present at such parties. If their child comes home once showing signs of alcohol, no more parties.
Frankly, large parties of teenagers in private homes often end up in trouble and should be avoided.
Better your child hates you than your child ends up dead.
Not to mention the liability; a few years ago a boy was beaten to death in the street by party goers, the family was held liable for allowing alcohol to teenagers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min jacques Ottawa 179,223
Abby 10-20 39 min edogxxx 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 42 min Boy G 50,582
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 69,951
IL: Police: Man Fires Assault Rifle at Chicago ... 2 hr hands on AR 3
Obama Gives Trillions for Wall Street, Not a Di... 2 hr commies are blue 16
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 47,470
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]