Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#877274 Mar 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I suspected you watched that show. a good one along with Swamp Loggers and Gold Rush.
I'm convinced these shows are specifically intended to demean rural Americans. In fact, most reality shows are. I owned a timber falling company for years, I cut down trees, and I gotta tell ya, if any logging show operated like those on TV, they'd have gone broke in a week and be laughed out of the industry.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#877275 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Galt is too f*cking stupid to know the purpose of sending cuts is to reduce the deficit & that revenue increases have the same effect on the deficit as spending cuts.
Obama never proposed military spending cuts.
The sequester was supposed to force Congress to do something. Unfortunately the Republicans decided not to do anything & therefore forced the military spending cuts.
'Once again, Galt blames Obama for the actions of his own party. How typical.
Budget: When President Obama put out his "balanced" plan to avoid the automatic sequester cuts, no one noticed. Which is probably just as well for Obama, given how embarrassingly unbalanced it is.

Last week, New York Times columnist David Brooks wrote about how Obama "hasn't actually come up with a proposal to avert sequestration, let alone one that is politically plausible."

Turns out, Obama did have one, although Brooks can be excused for not knowing it, since the administration hasn't exactly been promoting this so-called plan.

That, too, is understandable, since it isn't a plan at all, just a list of numbers with little to back them up.

There are no details, for example, about the $200 billion in cuts to defense and domestic discretionary programs, other than that Obama wants them split evenly.

And while he offers $400 billion in "health savings," 30% are lumped in a bucket labeled "other."

Worse, Obama's "balanced" plan actually counts hundreds of billions of new revenues from taxes, fees and rebates as "spending reductions." Examples:

• His plan to "strengthen" unemployment insurance is labeled as a cut, but it's really a $50 billion tax hike.

• The $35 billion from the federal worker retirement programs involves boosting worker contributions.

• Most of the $35 billion in Medicare savings comes from charging wealthy seniors more.

• The $140 billion in "reduced payments to drug companies" are in fact rebates Obama wants drugmakers to pay Uncle Sam for selling drugs to poor seniors.

• Then there's the $45 billion in spectrum fees and asset sales that Obama lists as spending reductions.

Viewed correctly, it turns out that more than $300 billion — about a third — of Obama's proposed "spending cuts" are actually revenue increases.

As a result, instead of $1.2 trillion in spending cuts called for by the sequester over the next decade, Obama would add more than $1 trillion in revenues, while cutting outlays only about $600 billion. And much of those aren't real cuts, but tiny reductions in projected spending growth over the next decade.

And in the end, his plan, such as it is, will do nothing to forestall the nation's oncoming debt crisis.

After four years, Obama's unseriousness as a president continues to surprise us.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0228...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#877276 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course Galt is too f*cking stupid to know the purpose of sending cuts is to reduce the deficit & that revenue increases have the same effect on the deficit as spending cuts.
Obama never proposed military spending cuts.
The sequester was supposed to force Congress to do something. Unfortunately the Republicans decided not to do anything & therefore forced the military spending cuts.
'Once again, Galt blames Obama for the actions of his own party. How typical.
As you so unwittingly point out, Obama's intention was to FORCE someone to do his bidding. How you can applaud this behavior from an American president says as much about you as it does about him.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#877277 Mar 21, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Good comeback. But wrong.
Accusing an opponent of falsely killing someone's wife is not an assertion. Accusing opponents of wanting to throw old people off cliffs and wanting children to starve to death are not assertions.
So you really don't have a leg to stand on.
Always with the cliches, dumb carol? "don't have a leg to stand on"? Would that refer to all of those "casualties" and "collateral damage" from Dick and Dumbya's criminally stupid war? BTW, where's all that oil we would be getting to pay for it--when will be greeted as liberators--where's our chocolates along the flower strewn path?
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#877278 Mar 21, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You would do well to head back to the street corner "hustler". At least there your GED education will wow the dropouts and dope dealers, however here, you are nothing more than the intellectual equivalent of the minnow attempting to swim with the sturgeon.
Forgive me for being a person that didn't need the teachings of an American institution to pick up a book & read stupid! America haven't been around long enuff to talk knowledge to someone who graduated 50/60 years ago, shit Pluto was a planet then & Jesus was thought to be a white manwith nblonde hair & blue eyes. You needed someone to hold your hand & teach you & you're proud. How real is that! Knowledge is infinite, all you have to do is seek & ye shall find. Your horizon & mind stretches as much as a fat chick I'm in skinny jeans.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#877279 Mar 21, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad to live life as a victim. Must be why they both are so frustrated.
Too keep blacks unable to support themselves, maintaining them with handouts, on a government preserve, or ghetto slum housing, "Free abortion healthcare controlling their numbers" and welfare, food stamps, then only the elite control the blue magnet preserve that sells them out and owns them....

An old style democratic slave plantation system with this new 'neo-economic chains' of welfare slavery, instead of shackles, chains and rope bearer's of lynchings.... and still slavery has not changed in over 500+ years.!!

An entire modern day updated slave plantation system based on forcing all things to be "equal" on the blue magnet preserve. An organized liberal criminal enterprise dedicated to the legalization and theft of brain, liberty and freedom...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#877280 Mar 21, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm convinced these shows are specifically intended to demean rural Americans. In fact, most reality shows are. I owned a timber falling company for years, I cut down trees, and I gotta tell ya, if any logging show operated like those on TV, they'd have gone broke in a week and be laughed out of the industry.
Swamp Loggers is filmed not far from here and trust me they show it pretty accurately. As for the others I take your word for it as they are shot out your way.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#877281 Mar 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Always with the cliches, dumb carol? "don't have a leg to stand on"? Would that refer to all of those "casualties" and "collateral damage" from Dick and Dumbya's criminally stupid war? BTW, where's all that oil we would be getting to pay for it--when will be greeted as liberators--where's our chocolates along the flower strewn path?
doesn't your EBT card buy enough chocolates for TyRone, TyQuan, TyShawn and TyMonique?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#877282 Mar 21, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Forgive me for being a person that didn't need the teachings of an American institution to pick up a book & read stupid! America haven't been around long enuff to talk knowledge to someone who graduated 50/60 years ago, shit Pluto was a planet then & Jesus was thought to be a white manwith nblonde hair & blue eyes. You needed someone to hold your hand & teach you & you're proud. How real is that! Knowledge is infinite, all you have to do is seek & ye shall find. Your horizon & mind stretches as much as a fat chick I'm in skinny jeans.
Thanks again for another apt demonstration as to why you are who and where you are.

There is a saying that goes:

There is only one thing in life worse than being stupid and that is being just smart enough to realize that your stupid.

This would explain your defensiveness. The educated world must be a very scary place for the likes of you.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#877283 Mar 21, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rush Limbaugh Hilariously Misinterprets Beyonce’s ‘Bow Down / I Been On’ As Ode To Wifely Submission
I wouldn’t say I exactly feel sorry for Rush Limbaugh, but it’s pretty embarrassing to comment on something in a way that reveals you literally didn’t consider the material at hand for more than 30 seconds. Or 29, to be exact. Limbaugh went on the air to praise Beyonce Knowles’ latest single “Bow Down / I Been On” for what he thinks is the song’s ode to submitting to your husband.“She got married, she married the rich guy, she now understands — she now understands it’s worth it to bow down,” he says.
I wouldn’t say I exactly feel sorry for Rush Limbaugh, but it’s pretty embarrassing to comment on something in a way that reveals you literally didn’t consider the material at hand for more than 30 seconds. Or 29, to be exact. Limbaugh went on the air to praise Beyonce Knowles’ latest single “Bow Down / I Been On” for what he thinks is the song’s ode to submitting to your husband.“She got married, she married the rich guy, she now understands — she now understands it’s worth it to bow down,” he says.
But then, maybe Limbaugh’s not ready to tell his female audience “Ladies, if you love your man show him you the fliest / Grind up on it, girl, show him how you ride it.” Though given the way he’s willing to talk about the sex lives of women he’s never met, and about which he knows precisely nothing, I’d hardly put it past him.
http://thinkprogress.org/alyssa/2013/03/20/17...
Rush wants (well, I think he actually demanded "tapes" from Fluck) to watch...wonder if his fourth wife understands submitting to the rich guy? He's so drug damaged, she probably needs some tapes too.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#877284 Mar 21, 2013
if you were thinking of ever visiting NYC, better do it before Bloomberg's term as mayor is over. because NYC is about to get another affirmative action failure for Mayor, who is likly to restore pre-Guliani, ACLU madness/political correctness and bring the city back to the David Dinkins era of crime. it'll once again be as bad as Detroit, Newark or Chicago.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editoria...
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#877285 Mar 21, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Too keep blacks unable to support themselves, maintaining them with handouts, on a government preserve, or ghetto slum housing, "Free abortion healthcare controlling their numbers" and welfare, food stamps, then only the elite control the blue magnet preserve that sells them out and owns them....
An old style democratic slave plantation system with this new 'neo-economic chains' of welfare slavery, instead of shackles, chains and rope bearer's of lynchings.... and still slavery has not changed in over 500+ years.!!
An entire modern day updated slave plantation system based on forcing all things to be "equal" on the blue magnet preserve. An organized liberal criminal enterprise dedicated to the legalization and theft of brain, liberty and freedom...
Liberals bank on their uneducated herd mentality

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#877286 Mar 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda disagree. Joe Biden was the poster boy for gun control, along with 4-year old (mentally) Gabby Giffords.
Obama stayed in the closet.
Attaboy Joe, good work.
Galt shows his true Limbaugh self. Making fun of the disabled.

What a pathetic POS.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#877287 Mar 21, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Always with the cliches, dumb carol? "don't have a leg to stand on"? Would that refer to all of those "casualties" and "collateral damage" from Dick and Dumbya's criminally stupid war? BTW, where's all that oil we would be getting to pay for it--when will be greeted as liberators--where's our chocolates along the flower strewn path?
The only people who think we went there for oil are idiots like you. First, you bitch and moan that it was a shameful reason to invade, now you cry because we didn't take the oil. You're so fcuking batty you can't see straight.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#877288 Mar 21, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt shows his true Limbaugh self. Making fun of the disabled.
What a pathetic POS.
RealDave is good for making up excuses, lies, bullshit and is seldom good for anything else..
Lincoln

United States

#877289 Mar 21, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
if you were thinking of ever visiting NYC, better do it before Bloomberg's term as mayor is over. because NYC is about to get another affirmative action failure for Mayor, who is likly to restore pre-Guliani, ACLU madness/political correctness and bring the city back to the David Dinkins era of crime. it'll once again be as bad as Detroit, Newark or Chicago.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/editor
ials/invitation_to_mayhem_fngi L7227vnPindiSp8
Cf5qeDK
Republicans whining about Bloomberg
indicates a slow news day on fox?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#877290 Mar 21, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals bank on their uneducated herd mentality
Democrats undermine the framework of morality and values without which ignorance, racism, poverty and adversity cannot be overcome...

Aspers, PA

#877292 Mar 21, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Get your head out of yourass. There were no cuts, more money will be spent this year than last no matter what. More money will be spent next year and the year after and the year after and ------
Peace
KMA
Money to be spent this year has been reduced i.e. cut.

GFY Dumbass

Aspers, PA

#877293 Mar 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are being factually incorrect again! Why do you libtards always leave out the part that says anyone over 54 is not affected by the changes? I just had this same argument with another libtard on another thread. Factually incorrect? I should call it factually dishonest.
Why are those 55 & older exempt?

To give people time to adjust their retirement plans for the added costs.

The idea that these people are exempt does not change the fact that the Ryan plan is a voucher system that saves money by making retirees pay more.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#877294 Mar 21, 2013
Why would anybody be surprise by Liberals: Dem vote to keep WH closed to Public, Reid blames Marines death on Sequester!! Mr., Reid the blame lies solely at your feet and the Presidents, the president requested it, you push it, and the President Sign It!! If we were playing ‘Tag the Idiot…You’re ‘IT’!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,695
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL 69,391
Amy 9-18 36 min edogxxx 35
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min loose cannon 178,068
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min maurizio74 49,849
Abby 9-19 1 hr Kuuipo 6
Amy 9-19 1 hr Kuuipo 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 98,231
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••