Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
806,941 - 806,960 of 1,096,743 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed landmark new gun laws on Wednesday expanding background checks on gun purchases and limiting the size of ammunition magazines, placing the traditionally firearm-friendly state among the handful to pass new restrictions in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Conn.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/20/17...

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You were bred that way. No one wanted skinny slaves. Thank the whites you hate so much.
No surprise that Enam will quote his g hero Rush Limbaugh.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you castigate Obama at every turn with very little in the way of a realistic view of his actions.
so how did you like the Daily Caller interview of Carson? because the things he said that you faux conservatives won't like are the very things that would get him into the WH. and in the process, he did a very good job of pointing out others' flaws, and not just Obama's.
he'll never get near the WH because of it.
It's really the media's job to hold Obama's feet to the fire. That's supposed to be the only reason they exit - to hold those in power accountable on behalf of the folks.

But the media is as corrupt as the Chicago politicians in power.

That's why you're either completely in the dark or in the abyss of denial.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly practice when the person if obviously of legal age.
Do they ask 80-year olds to show proof in a bar?
What if a person has no ID, like all those Obama voters?
I was in Chico last year and was not allowed into a bar because i did not have ID. The bouncer told me local law required all bar patrons to carry a valid form of ID while inside. They were checking everyone, some for possession and others for age. we were able to find a bar that didn't care that i didn't have ID with me.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Stopping rape is a men's problem
Women have talked among themselves and with their daughters about preventing rape for a very, very long time. They've gone to self-defense classes, held seminars and published safety tips on how to avoid rape. But self-defense and safety tips cannot alone protect women. Because rape is the inevitable outcome in a society that objectifies and dehumanizes women in a plethora of ways.
Men should join women in becoming vocal about the reasons for rape and what can be done to prevent it.
To start with, men should stop contributing, as so many do now, to an atmosphere that condones rape through silent complicity with, or voiced approval, of rape jokes, various forms of victim-blaming and attitudes that treat women as objects to be had if the opportunity presents itself. Men should speak unhesitatingly in the company of other men to break this cycle.
That means fathers speaking to sons as well. Straightforwardly making their sons clear about what truly constitutes consent requires being clear in their own heads what it means. Consent is not given because a woman has previously given consent, or because her outfit seems to be giving consent. And she obviously is not consenting if she is too inebriated or drugged to stay conscious. A campaign in Vancouver, British Columbia, included a wall poster depicting a woman sprawled on a couch next to some empty wine bottles stated: "Just because she isn’t saying no doesn’t mean she is saying yes.”
Fathers should set an example so that their sons also will not remain silent when such behavior arises among their friends or acquaintances, whether at school or some party where the liquor flows. They should impress upon them that there are no "provocations" or circumstances—none—in which rape can be excused. They should repeat these values until they feel as certain as possible that their sons will not be one of those someday accused of rape or having stood by, much less cheered, while their friends or acquaintances raped.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/03/19/1195...
With your ground rules, the only safe course for a male is to never have sex outside marriage, and maybe not even then.

Perhaps carry a blank written contract, to be signed by the woman attesting that she is sober and consents' to be witnessed by three other sober women.

By the way, what about women "raping" men who have had too much to drink?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, you're a trip. Lowes asks for a phone number as part of their return policy__but they won't argue if the customer fusses about privacy.
I spend a fair amount of money at Lowes and Ace and always use my cards because both occasionally send worthwhile discount cards. Home Depot does as well there are none convenient to me.
Flack believes that McDonalds has coded keys on it's cash registers because it's employees can't count___case closed.
Asking for zip codes tells a store what people from a certain area are buying. great information for targeted advertising. no store has ever asked me for my phone number, and I've spent a lot of time in Lowes, home Depot and OSH the last few months.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Good comeback. But wrong.
Accusing an opponent of falsely killing someone's wife is not an assertion. Accusing opponents of wanting to throw old people off cliffs and wanting children to starve to death are not assertions.
So you really don't have a leg to stand on.
assertions?

Rep. Hal Rogers (R-Ky.), chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, is concerned about the draconian cuts of Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-Wisc.) proposed budget.

“It cuts too much spending, frankly, from the discretionary side of the budget," Rogers said during an interview with a local Kentucky station on Thursday, first flagged by ThinkProgress.

Rogers, who has served in Congress for over three decades, represents the second-poorest district in the country. As chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, he oversees the funding of federal agencies and programs.

"Most people don’t realize that we only appropriate one-third of federal spending … and we’ve cut that by $100 billion over the last two years,“ Rogers said. "That's unknown since World War II."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/15/hal-...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

It happened after my first communion or something, they went to the party and took turns bouncing me on their laps. They kept bouncing and bouncing me, frankly I was pretty dizzy... but then I started to pass out and I heard them tell my mother they'd carry me upstairs. She said, "Fine, hurry up." And they laughed and said they would and I was REALLY woozy, and, anyway they carried me up the stairs - Dad had my arms and Uncle Bill had my legs - I was tall for my age I guess, anyways they carried me upstairs and took my dress off, then they took my little frilly slips off, then they took a long time taking my T-shirt and panties off and they both sounded exhausted for some reason?... I knew something was wrong but couldn't put my finger on it just then...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why minimum wage jobs exist, for those with no experience, no education, and no skills.
McDonalds can't operate when the register is down you stupid fk. Nor can your bank or most any other modern store. The Mom and Pops can__out of a cash box__but they can't take debit or credit cards.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why minimum wage jobs exist, for those with no experience, no education, and no skills.
Can you imagine being forced to pay someone $22 per hour that doesn't know squat? What would be the incentive for the employee to learn a new skill or better their existing skills.?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Okay, "abyss" may have been too strong a word. Sonic is in the "throes" of denial.

Better.

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Rush is right!!! He's got you progressives scared to death! The man isn't going to run for office. He can do much more out of office than in. Did you know he and his wife sponsor hundreds of scholarships each year? That he was brought up poor? The man is a genius with real accomplishments. Not some carnival backer community organizer.
Wow. That explains everything to know about your mental state.

What accomplishments? Duping a bunch of right whiners? Saying racist, bigoted things? Lying?

Rush Limbaugh is a fricken stupid man who dropped out of college and later discovered he could make millions playing to the stupidity, & racist attitudes of the right.

Wow, I bet you were really impressed when he mocked a man racked with Parkinson's. Or maybe calling a young woman a slut.

All while hiding behind a microphone.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck now they got cash registers that count out the change for them. They scan the bar cos on the items then feed the money into a slot. The change comes out two slots. One for paper money. One for change. They are the same as the cashier free machines except it has somebody there to do what you can do yourself. Seems old people and idiots like a body at the register so they redid the automated registers. We are at the mercy of the terminal stupid!!!!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt proves he has no concept of why Affirmative action was put in place.
realDave proves he has no concept of sarcasm.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Chairman Ryan Gets 62 Percent of His Huge Budget Cuts from Programs for Lower-Income Americans

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan’s budget plan would get at least 62 percent of its $5.3 trillion in nondefense budget cuts over ten years (relative to a continuation of current policies) from programs that serve people of limited means. This stands a core principle of President Obama’s fiscal commission on its head and violates basic principles of fairness.

Not much has changed on this front from Chairman Ryan’s fiscal year 2012 budget plan released a year ago. Then, too, Chairman Ryan proposed massive spending cuts, the bulk of which were in programs that serve low- and moderate-income Americans.(Compared with last year’s plan, the cuts in low-income programs are larger in dollar terms but slightly smaller as a shareof the total cuts; see box.)

The plan of Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson, who co-chaired President Obama’s National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform, established, as a basic principle, that deficit reduction should not increase poverty or widen inequality. The Ryan plan charts a different course, turning its biggest cannons on low- and moderate-income people.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm...

no 'assertion'. fact.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed landmark new gun laws on Wednesday expanding background checks on gun purchases and limiting the size of ammunition magazines, placing the traditionally firearm-friendly state among the handful to pass new restrictions in the wake of the shooting in Newtown, Conn.
"Newtown in recent years has issued about 130 gun permits annually. Police say the town received 79 permit applications in the three months since the Dec. 14 massacre, well over double the normal pace."
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
With your ground rules, the only safe course for a male is to never have sex outside marriage, and maybe not even then.
Perhaps carry a blank written contract, to be signed by the woman attesting that she is sober and consents' to be witnessed by three other sober women.
By the way, what about women "raping" men who have had too much to drink?
BTW, what about men raping a boy who's had to much to drink?

did he 'ask' for it?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Who cares? I don't live in Colorado. If they want to be unarmed at the mercy of thugs that's their business.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise that Enam will quote his g hero Rush Limbaugh.
No surprise that realDave is wrong again.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

I didn't see him do it but Uncle Bill managed to take his clothes off too somehow and he had what looked like a loaf of french bread sticking out of his stomach. Dad just kept on cleaning me up by rubbing his hand up and down between my legs and saying softly, "Who's daddy's dirty girl? Who's daddy's dirty little girl?" And, frankly, it started to feel pretty good so I found myself responding, "I am, I am!"...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••