Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#877043 Mar 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
How many ultra-conservative lawmakers do you need to pack into a room before one of them objects to immigration reform? Apparenty more than nine.
On Wednesday, a panel of House conservatives hosted by the conservative Heritage Foundation offered nothing but praise for Sen. Rand Paulís (R-KY) speech on immigration in which the tea party favorite backed the same broad planks of comprehensive immigration reform favored by the Senateís bipartisan working group and by the White House.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/03/en...
Q. What do you call a Democrat with an IQ of 140?

A. A foursome.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#877044 Mar 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack may have bad information. The Virginia website says only that identification may (not shall) be required.
Interestingly, though, it is illegal to bring more than one gallon of alcohol into Virginia from another state.
Nope you are right. Bartenders and waitresses are not required to card you if they know you are above age. Bu the ABCC is another matter.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#877045 Mar 20, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
pay up.....its still a bargain.
Do you have any idea how much $22/hour wou 'll d cost an employer (above and beyond wage). Worker's comp insurance, for example, is partly based on payrol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877046 Mar 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
exempt?
An 18-year-old Homer High School football player and his older brother have been accused of sexually assaulting a boy passed out at a party.
According to charging documents, several juveniles witnessed the assault and took pictures and photos.
http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-homer-brothers-...
gay football players? taking pics? or maybe it was just the girls taking pics.
Simple defense. Just plead homosexuality.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877047 Mar 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, and a rotary keyboard?
Rotary telephones still work fine.

For many automated service calls, best to pretend that you have a rotary phone, press nothing, and get to a real person quicker.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#877048 Mar 20, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Yes but the unpaid Chinese prison labor is so much better.
no question about it....romney knows all the oursourcing techniques to garner cheap labor.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#877049 Mar 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea how much $22/hour wou 'll d cost an employer (above and beyond wage). Worker's comp insurance, for example, is partly based on payrol.
you know damn well $22 is not going to fly.........dayummmmm, you ppl. hear or see something unusual, you'll outrun FOX.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#877050 Mar 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
GOProud to the rescue..........
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877051 Mar 20, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
you know damn well $22 is not going to fly.........dayummmmm, you ppl. hear or see something unusual, you'll outrun FOX.
Nanny Warren seems interested, thinks the minimum should be even higher.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#877052 Mar 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
gay judge?

a lot of gay people in Alaska? and how do you know these things?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#877053 Mar 20, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
GOProud to the rescue..........
Log Cabin Republicans. Alaska cabal. just ask Galt.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#877054 Mar 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that's why all the fast food restaurants in hurricane, tornado and earthquake stricken areas remain open after the electric service goes away.
Perhaps it's possible that one register would malfunction but then it couldn't be used at all and the transactions would be moved to a different register. If all the registers go down__it's over__the store closes. If the failure is do to a power outage, moot point eh?
Flack's story is total bullshyte, or circa 1970, and you know it.
Next!
What about Dana Bash putting the smackdown on lyin azz Michelle Bachmann__there is enough video footage there to assure a sound defeat for Bachmann during her next election cycle.
Realtime is more worried about the validity of dog walker stories than the state of our economy.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#877055 Mar 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Even presidents need to get away for a little bit.
President Barack Obama landed in Tel Aviv, Israel Wednesday, to greetings on the tarmac by Israeli officials and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. After the initial hellos, Obama and the Israeli officials moved into line while music began to play.
While standing at attention, Obama was quietly chatting with Netanyahu, when a camera and microphone were able to pick up the president saying "good to get away from Congress." Both politicians continued to laugh and smile.
Later in the day, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) responded to Obama in an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper.
"So much for the charm offensive," Boehner quipped, referring to the president's recent efforts to court Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
But the Ohio Republican took Obama's comments with a grain of salt.
"I'd rather be heckled than ignored. Or as I like to say, you only tease the ones you love," Boehner said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/obam...
That's stupid. He doesn't go to congress.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#877056 Mar 20, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong? You don't like information?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#877057 Mar 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong? You don't like information?
that kind of info. wasn't meant to be taken literally....it was shared to attest to how much ppl. should be getting in relationship to executive pay and corporate profits.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#877059 Mar 20, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Are all of your sheepies such unregenerate liars?
Well, I s'pose you'd have to be, to pretend to ignore (or enjoy) cleaning up other sheepie's bodily fluids out of the smeg-encrusted dingle of your, er, "old men."
So tell me, sheepie, do you get used to the taste after a while? The unmistakable tang? Is that part of being such a damned maverick?
(You sure spent a lot of time separating your responses into paragraphs, which gives the lie to your "cool" detachment. Hehehehe ...
Have another Xanax, babe. The meth is overpowering those last five a little.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#877061 Mar 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime is more worried about the validity of dog walker stories than the state of our economy.
Nah, the dog walker is pretty much a no brainer__it was the 5 chefs on AF 1 that caught my attention.

Many years ago I met a black guy who had worked in the White House kitchen as a meat man during the Ike and JFK era, he had photo's of himself with the muckity mucks and also of himself at his work station. Well, it wasn't only his, there were a half dozen others in that space__it takes a team to throw down 120 perfectly broiled steaks at the same time. Beyond that there were salad girls, sous chefs, fetchers-grabbers and a whole messa servers, dishwashers etc.

That's a big azz kitchen pal.

Oh__and it hits me that the AF 1 food folks would be Air Force personnel.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#877064 Mar 20, 2013
How long before this generation of backyard hillbillies, rednecks, & backwards thinkers with the mentality of southern slave owners dies off? Love to be the bearer of bad news, it's getting old! Might went to check your birth certificates & divide your age into the average life expectancy of Americans! Tick tock, tick tock! Lol! This is why you weirdos are coming out the woodworks with all the nonsense you spew day in, day out! Reality finally set in, the prehistoric ideology of America is coming to an end. Sorry guns won't save you, neither will centuries old lies. Not even resurrecting Lincoln, Jefferson, & Washington will stop the forward momentum & steady progress of this country. Barack Obama is no more than a symbol of that progress & those in total opposition of his presidency are whispers in the dark. You ignore them long enough & they go away quietly! I must applaud all who voted against the status quo in this past election. White folks who voted opposite their parents & grand parents still stuck in their ways. That took some courage & faith! We're living the dreams of 2 of our forefathers. Men you can call forefathers with pride & dignity JFK & MLK! We can no longer look to the past for answers of the future that's the old way of thinking! Regardless of the things I post in response here on topix, I wish we who identify ourselves as Americans can find common ground & pull ourselves together to better our nation for the better of our future. This ain't no black history speech at all, this is from my heart to yours. I pray it hits the spot!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#877066 Mar 20, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
that kind of info. wasn't meant to be taken literally....it was shared to attest to how much ppl. should be getting in relationship to executive pay and corporate profits.
Let's screw over the majority of american business owners because you're jealous of a few corporate big wiggs.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877067 Mar 20, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
All totally irrelevant.

No job is worth more than the least a qualified person is willing to work for.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Some Valid Points 16 min Rest of the story 1
How to make a woman squirtting 38 min GuGu 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 181,710
im single black hndsome 1 hr ligolyser 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 2 hr Silk 81
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 9 hr Sublime1 19
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web