Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#877019 Mar 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too nice, flack. They lie.
Yeah I know. That particular lie gets me though. I can't tell you how many people I've had to straighten out about it. People don't pay attention like most of us and are easily mislead. It is especially sad because a lot of people I know voted for Obama again because of this lie.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877020 Mar 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's the same way in Virginia but not enforced. But, however, if a ABCC officer comes in and demands to see your ID you better be able to get your hands on it pretty quick.
Your papers please?

What if you refuse an illegal order form a pseudo-cop?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#877021 Mar 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are being factually incorrect again! Why do you libtards always leave out the part that says anyone over 54 is not affected by the changes? I just had this same argument with another libtard on another thread. Factually incorrect? I should call it factually dishonest.
Why do Repubs say changing Medicare to private insurance is NOT doing away with Medicare. How much does private insurance cost for someone 65 and older? No one knows. Such a plan does not exist.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

#877022 Mar 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If the minimum wage were to be raised to $22 per hour, skilled unemployed people, retirees, and new graduates would be hired to do the job of two or three minimum wage slugs, who would be fired.
This would be a major victory for the Obama plan to create more poor people.
pay up.....its still a bargain.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#877023 Mar 20, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
(CNN)- Cyber crime is now the biggest threat to the U.S., according to the nation's chief intelligence officer.
For the first time, the president's National Security Advisor said cyber attacks are now the no. 1 U.S. issue with the Chinese government.
...Try and imagine what would happen if major grids were shut down.
McDonald's employees giving back the correct change would be the least of our problems.
Been aware of that for years carol. I still have and use a rotary phone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#877024 Mar 20, 2013
kali wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um, who all d'ya think I am, sheepie;
Frankly I don't think enough, about which of the many faces you wear from one minute to the next, to invest that kind of time in deciding. It's quite enough to know you're not Lyndi.
kali wrote:
<quoted text>after all, my ISP is pretty much chosen for me,
Much like your residence, your roommates, your activities, and your daily menu...
kali wrote:
<quoted text>and my general philosophy remains constant as the North Star.
As does the level of feces in your presumably polka-dotted boxer shorts.
kali wrote:
<quoted text>And, um, I never presented myself as a horny nun using some stock photo either.
Well, that's a relief. It's not nice to blaspheme. And, um, neither have I, so I guess that makes two of us.
kali wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you forgot the "next." Is that the "normal" when you motorcycle mamas get riled up?
Grrrrrrrr ...
I'm an a-typical biker bitch. Get it right.
(Next...)

")

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
debils minge

Tonawanda, NY

#877025 Mar 20, 2013
carols minge wrote:
I just adore my support system's "disclaimers." I mean, "who knows?" kind of covers it all, doesn't it?
Could this I've been laboring under all these years really be an idiot savant?
Can it be that I've missed something?
By the way, my prediction that yawk has had her 19th nervous breakdown and has been hauled to the bin is another check mark in my credit column I supposed ...
You don't get any marks for credit if you did or could you wouldn't need to post under other peoples screen names. Yesterday you posted under 3 other posters screen names. carol, Auntblabby and new yawk. Kodak moments? Yeah, there's the real deal and then there's you, The Image, The Negative. You're so crazy you're probalby already in a loony bin.

Get a life instead of constantly coveting somebody elses or just get a life outside of posting on topix you common place imbecile.
You're just another garden variety crazy amidst the many on topix.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877026 Mar 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's the same way in Virginia but not enforced. But, however, if a ABCC officer comes in and demands to see your ID you better be able to get your hands on it pretty quick.
Flack may have bad information. The Virginia website says only that identification may (not shall) be required.

Interestingly, though, it is illegal to bring more than one gallon of alcohol into Virginia from another state.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#877028 Mar 20, 2013
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
pay up.....its still a bargain.
Yes but the unpaid Chinese prison labor is so much better.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877029 Mar 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Repubs say changing Medicare to private insurance is NOT doing away with Medicare. How much does private insurance cost for someone 65 and older? No one knows. Such a plan does not exist.
Untrue. Lots of people over 65 have private insurance instead of Medicare.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#877031 Mar 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
To the contrary, they probably can operate, but would choose not to.
At any rate, heap big trouble in the event of massive cyber attack and/or power failure.
Better learn quick.
Yeah, that's why all the fast food restaurants in hurricane, tornado and earthquake stricken areas remain open after the electric service goes away.

Perhaps it's possible that one register would malfunction but then it couldn't be used at all and the transactions would be moved to a different register. If all the registers go down__it's over__the store closes. If the failure is do to a power outage, moot point eh?

Flack's story is total bullshyte, or circa 1970, and you know it.

Next!

What about Dana Bash putting the smackdown on lyin azz Michelle Bachmann__there is enough video footage there to assure a sound defeat for Bachmann during her next election cycle.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#877032 Mar 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so where would that be in the report? please.
I will look it up later and let you know.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#877035 Mar 20, 2013
Even presidents need to get away for a little bit.

President Barack Obama landed in Tel Aviv, Israel Wednesday, to greetings on the tarmac by Israeli officials and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. After the initial hellos, Obama and the Israeli officials moved into line while music began to play.

While standing at attention, Obama was quietly chatting with Netanyahu, when a camera and microphone were able to pick up the president saying "good to get away from Congress." Both politicians continued to laugh and smile.

Later in the day, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) responded to Obama in an interview with CNN's Jake Tapper.

"So much for the charm offensive," Boehner quipped, referring to the president's recent efforts to court Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

But the Ohio Republican took Obama's comments with a grain of salt.

"I'd rather be heckled than ignored. Or as I like to say, you only tease the ones you love," Boehner said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/20/obam...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#877036 Mar 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Repubs say changing Medicare to private insurance is NOT doing away with Medicare. How much does private insurance cost for someone 65 and older? No one knows. Such a plan does not exist.
"injudgement"
You lie!!! I am older than 65 and I have private health insurance. I pay for it.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#877037 Mar 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are exempt from all laws governing normal human behavior, you bigoted homophobe!
Besides, their defense is that they couldn't help themselves.
exempt?

An 18-year-old Homer High School football player and his older brother have been accused of sexually assaulting a boy passed out at a party.

According to charging documents, several juveniles witnessed the assault and took pictures and photos.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/ktuu-homer-brothers-...

gay football players? taking pics? or maybe it was just the girls taking pics.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#877038 Mar 20, 2013
Injudgement wrote:
Which Repubs are saying we should change Medicare to private insurance?

Are you just a sleazbucket making stuff up or is that factual? I'd love to see some information about your claim. I would find that interesting. I hope you are not just making this up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#877039 Mar 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that's why all the fast food restaurants in hurricane, tornado and earthquake stricken areas remain open after the electric service goes away.
Perhaps it's possible that one register would malfunction but then it couldn't be used at all and the transactions would be moved to a different register. If all the registers go down__it's over__the store closes. If the failure is do to a power outage, moot point eh?
Flack's story is total bullshyte, or circa 1970, and you know it.
Next!
What about Dana Bash putting the smackdown on lyin azz Michelle Bachmann__there is enough video footage there to assure a sound defeat for Bachmann during her next election cycle.
Faced with a long-term power outage, most will adapt.

Major urban centers are obviously a different problem.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#877040 Mar 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Been aware of that for years carol. I still have and use a rotary phone.
Hah, and a rotary keyboard?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#877041 Mar 20, 2013
How many ultra-conservative lawmakers do you need to pack into a room before one of them objects to immigration reform? Apparenty more than nine.

On Wednesday, a panel of House conservatives hosted by the conservative Heritage Foundation offered nothing but praise for Sen. Rand Paulís (R-KY) speech on immigration in which the tea party favorite backed the same broad planks of comprehensive immigration reform favored by the Senateís bipartisan working group and by the White House.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2013/03/en...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#877042 Mar 20, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"injudgement"
You lie!!! I am older than 65 and I have private health insurance. I pay for it.
Peace
Interesting & helpful. We can't debate Democrats because they make crap up & are dishonest. It's a waste of time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min dont drink the ko... 49,364
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Guru 182,182
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr L Morales 411
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Mandela 68,913
Holiday Greetings 3 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Fight at Navy Pier 3 hr Negras all 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?