Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#876805 Mar 20, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, right - you're a stopped colon.
Made you an appointment with Roto Rooter. Deb should be there shortly.
And the hits just keeeeeep on comin'...
Yes they doooooooooooooo lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#876806 Mar 20, 2013
carol wrote:
"If someone wanted to ruin the United States, they would create division among the people, encourage a culture of ridicule for basic morality and the principles that made and sustained the country, undermine the financial stability of the nation, and weaken and destroy the military. It appears coincidentally that those are the very things that are happening right now."
~Dr. Benjamin Carson CPAC speech
Very insightful and aware man!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#876807 Mar 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You think we should have just allowed Germany to take over all of Europe? And Japan who with Italy were in cahoots with Germany? The war was happening. We could either ignore it or help. I guess you chose ignore.
You keep protecting Bush & ignoring 4400 dead soldiers. Saddam was attacking no one. We could have tightened our no fly zone & used economic sanctions to oust Saddam. There was no urgency.
Now jump ahead a few more years and get with the current times.

Iran has now stepped ahead a few more steps, and is the issue of the term.

Duhmmy.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876808 Mar 20, 2013
carol wrote:
"If someone wanted to ruin the United States, they would create division among the people, encourage a culture of ridicule for basic morality and the principles that made and sustained the country, undermine the financial stability of the nation, and weaken and destroy the military. It appears coincidentally that those are the very things that are happening right now."
so what's his background? what's the dirt? is there any?

yes. there will always be something. start with Mannatech.

Man Oh Mannatech! Company, Founder, Settle False Marketing Claims

Mannatech Inc., a maker of dietary supplements, agreed to pay $6 million to settle a lawsuit brought by the Texas attorney general. The state alleged that the Coppell, Texas company made false claims about its health benefits and marketed products as cures and treatments for diseases.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2009/02/27/man-oh-ma...

and here ya go....

and if you somehow think that after what Obama has endured from the right wing media that every aspect of Carson's life will not be examined, you really are crazy.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#876810 Mar 20, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, right - you're a stopped colon.
Made you an appointment with Roto Rooter. Deb should be there shortly.
And the hits just keeeeeep on comin'...
Have you always been an oddball?
carol

Orlando, FL

#876811 Mar 20, 2013
It just amazed me that someone defended the liberal labeling of Dr. Carson as a "token" last night because of the "number of commas he has in his bank statement" and the only reason he calls himself a republican.

Guess the poster convienently forget about the number of commas in John Edwards', John Kerry's and Ted Kennedy's bank statements.

A doctor isn't as qualified to be in a leadership position than a lawyer or a career politician I suppose.
NJ raider 1

Baltimore, MD

#876812 Mar 20, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Which makes the man very respect worthy, based upon actual honest earned MERIT!!!!!!
(a refreshing change!)
He earned his merit the same as President Obama & everybody else that has achieved something in their lifetime. His opinion matters no more than yours or mines. The fact still remains there have been plenty black folks that have grinded their way out of poverty & made something of themselves, some even neurologist! Barack Obama still remains to be the only acknowledged black president! I've always been 1 to give credit where credit is due, which is why I give George W Bush no credit at all! Dr. Ben Carson is definitely credit worry, but you all take his words as long because it caters to your own ideology! Then you use that as some type of bargaining chip 2 black people with whom he doesn't represent witheth his thoughts! Then when we don't agree you use one against the other like the Willie Lynch letter. The date changed, but times are definitely the same!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876813 Mar 20, 2013
Dr. Ben Carson is a conservative star on the rise, but at least one of his policy ideas might cause the Republican leadership to do a double-take. In an interview with The Daily Caller, Carson said he opposed the invasions of both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/19/ben-carsons...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876814 Mar 20, 2013
On the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the country, Carson says he would ”of course allow [illegal immigrants] to have a pathway to citizenship. That’s the only humane and reasonable thing to do.”

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#876815 Mar 20, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Now jump ahead a few more years and get with the current times.
Iran has now stepped ahead a few more steps, and is the issue of the term.
Duhmmy.
Republicans want to repeat with Iran what happened in Iraq.

Romney was beating the war drums. Like Bush did when he was President as he was saber rattling & floating invading Iran.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876816 Mar 20, 2013
Carson declined to say if he voted for Clinton.

“I don’t want to say whether I voted for him or not,” he said.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Just a minute

United States

#876818 Mar 20, 2013
carol wrote:
Looks like someone's got a new savior, the new gop flavor of the month!!
Look at the history of politics in the country. You will be amused at how similar the rhetoric and entrenched attitudes of 18th century America resembles today. All this is nothing new. It's Political Party Groupthink, the greatest danger of our times. And you suffer from it worse than most. Too many brainwashed people, who scream that the other side is brainwashed while wallowing in their own brand of manipulation. If Americans ever stopped having nasty screaming matches about non-issues they might realize that both parties are made up of rich politicians who are screwing them left and right. But you keep flapping that piehole honey, defending your 'side'! Lol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#876819 Mar 20, 2013
Hold on to your hat!!!

Federal direct student loans up 5 times since January 2009
Federal direct student loans now over $588 billion

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#876820 Mar 20, 2013
carols minge wrote:
Well bubbalas, my support system is still sawing wood. slumped in her chair, spreadeagled in front of the sickly white screen, with its reams of text that can be deleted (snuffed) as instantaneously as that of a precious fetus. Yes, my grammar and spelling ARE better than carol's. That's because I've had some fairly erudite male members inside me -- sometimes 2 at once, and one in the back door. They've told me me things you'd never believe. How funny is is when that little horizontal slit moves up and down, frowns, smiles and, as that awful Debil says, "blurts," or "splorts" (surely 2 of the funniest words in the poor, abused English language).
Anyway, I just want to say to that shovel person that, unlike her, I am no crypto-racist (what was the term she used, "sand token" or something?). In fact I am no racist at all. I've had so many coloreds up here, surely I have the right to claim African ancestry by injection! What I mainly object to is not using PROTECTION. Interbreeding, in my opinion, waters down BOTH races. For instance, too many attributes causes a tan person to not be able to dance or jump. It also might produce a tan person of tiny proportions, if you get my meaning, or one that won't work if you have even 5 extra pounds on you.
Whereas, too many black attributes will cause you to develop a sense of humor like, say, Dave Chappelle, who obviously writes for his own "tribe," even going so far as to have strictly rappers on his show, which I find offensive. No wonder he quit after being offered millions and millions to prostitute himself. That's just the black in him coming out. Also, I find their lingo unintelligible, except when it is coming from you know where.
I'm still congested, by the way. Sometimes I make a little "coughing" sound; then a big mucus plug shoots out. I think I'm going to be dragged out of the house for labs today. She insists that a good airing out is crucial to my health, so she doesn't wear any panties.
Later.
Started drinking a little early today, lily?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876822 Mar 20, 2013
Carson used to be a Democrat.

something i'm sure the left wing media will ignore.

yeah right.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#876823 Mar 20, 2013
Just a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
When did rape become anything other than a sexual assault? Now rape is becoming a political issue as well? Anyone assinine enough to try and change what rape is to suit their own agenda isn't worth talking to. Rape is and will always be a sexual assault. It doesn't always have to involve a penis. Don't waste your breath. Did you know that eating Hostess twinkies has now become a political statement? I wonder if the children who love them know that?
Rape became a political football, when the religiopolitical right discovered it would need to except pregnancy via rape from abortion restrictions, in order to maintain a very large segment of their base - namely women.(Doesn't really matter to a lot of otherwise so-called 'pro-life' folks, that a fetus is a fetus is a fetus, as long as the votes are secured.)

Discussions about this often quickly descend into whether or not some rapes are inherently more 'rapey' than other ones, what constitutes 'consent', the benefits of state-mandated instrumental rape, and whether or not it's rape if a famous, or politically connected, or wealthy, or athletic, or clergy person does it. Currently, in certain circles, the discussion extends to whether or not a woman can even GET pregnant via a 'real rape', but most folks try to stay away from that particular question.

In my view, any non-consensual aspect of sex, and any unwelcome intrusion involving any orifice, can be defined as rape. Did you ask before you did whatever you did to the person? Did the person specifically say "Yes, I want you to do that."? If not, DON'T DO THAT. Pretty simple, really, and tends to avoid confusion.

And of course it doesn't always involve a penis. Men get raped too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876824 Mar 20, 2013
Fox Host: Iraq ‘The Smartest Thing’ Bush Did,‘Restored Confidence’ In U.S.

It wasn't the first time Bolling presented a dubious history of the Iraq War. In January, he took to Twitter to justify the 2003 invasion was justified because Hussein "financed" the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/f...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#876825 Mar 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so what's his background? what's the dirt? is there any?
yes. there will always be something. start with Mannatech.
Man Oh Mannatech! Company, Founder, Settle False Marketing Claims
Mannatech Inc., a maker of dietary supplements, agreed to pay $6 million to settle a lawsuit brought by the Texas attorney general. The state alleged that the Coppell, Texas company made false claims about its health benefits and marketed products as cures and treatments for diseases.
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2009/02/27/man-oh-ma...
and here ya go....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =o0goWh9aosYXX
and if you somehow think that after what Obama has endured from the right wing media that every aspect of Carson's life will not be examined, you really are crazy.
Hey "Learn To Read", when are you going to put this stupid puppet (sonicfilter) of yours away? How many socks are you running now, loser boy? Learn To Read enjoys using other people's monikers in a childish attempt to make fun of someone. Hey Loser Boy, when are you going to stop by and see the fellas and I? We've been waiting months now but you're still a no show. How come? Are you skeered? LMAO

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Just a minute

United States

#876828 Mar 20, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text> Rape became a political football, when the religiopolitical right discovered it would need to except pregnancy via rape from abortion restrictions, in order to maintain a very large segment of their base - namely women.(Doesn't really matter to a lot of otherwise so-called 'pro-life' folks, that a fetus is a fetus is a fetus, as long as the votes are secured.)
Discussions about this often quickly descend into whether or not some rapes are inherently more 'rapey' than other ones, what constitutes 'consent', the benefits of state-mandated instrumental rape, and whether or not it's rape if a famous, or politically connected, or wealthy, or athletic, or clergy person does it. Currently, in certain circles, the discussion extends to whether or not a woman can even GET pregnant via a 'real rape', but most folks try to stay away from that particular question.
In my view, any non-consensual aspect of sex, and any unwelcome intrusion involving any orifice, can be defined as rape. Did you ask before you did whatever you did to the person? Did the person specifically say "Yes, I want you to do that."? If not, DON'T DO THAT. Pretty simple, really, and tends to avoid confusion.
And of course it doesn't always involve a penis. Men get raped too.
Yes, pretty simple. Rape is sexual assault. Period. Doesn't matter what the one doing the raping uses. It's a violent crime. Simple. Too bad it's so hard for some to comprehend. Pitiful for those who don't want to.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876830 Mar 20, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey "Learn To Read", when are you going to put this stupid puppet (sonicfilter) of yours away? How many socks are you running now, loser boy? Learn To Read enjoys using other people's monikers in a childish attempt to make fun of someone. Hey Loser Boy, when are you going to stop by and see the fellas and I? We've been waiting months now but you're still a no show. How come? Are you skeered? LMAO
lol

i see his strategy is working.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Guru 180,937
EverGreen Belgrade 48 min The__Baron 16
World's Best Photo Art 58 min Monte 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 48,587
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,795
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 70,617
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr j_m_w 98,695
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News