Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
806,201 - 806,220 of 1,081,845 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Could have killed and sickened.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

SCARBOROUGH: Did they teach Ted Cruz to read what the Supreme Court said? Especially in the landmark, the landmark decision regarding Second Amendment rights over 200 years was written in 2008? I’m just wondering why would he use his seat on the Judiciary Committee if he went to Harvard to — to — to put forward a willfully ignorant statement about this bill violating the Second Amendment, because it does not. And Ted Cruz knows it does not. So who is he playing for? Is he playing for — for — for people who can’t read, for illiterates? I don’t understand…. When you’re condescending and you don’t even have the facts right. When you’re misstating what the Second Amendment says as interpreted by the conservative court, by Scalia. I have a problem with that.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/15/1...

(sound familiar?)
Joe Stalin

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't mean Topix employees. I don't see the point however. Wouldn't it make more sense to discuss the issues if one wanted their posts read. I mean if no one reads your posts what is the point of posting?
It's an interesting question, isn't it? Why would one do something if there was no one around to notice? Why, indeed? Discuss the issues? Save me. If that's what this is why do you have to invent "issues" to "discuss?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Joe Stalin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, yes, "realville." Where the only thing to fear is fear itself. Say, um, what's to stop someone setting off a "dirty bomb" in realville? Or did you mean, "reelville?"
realnutville

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a war hero. gfy.
And there will be a special place in Breitbart's hell for the Swiftboaters, Idiot by Choice, and the rest of the reich-wing whining hypocrites.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, I do. I pray every day that liberalism is eradicated from the landscape and that those already infected are 'dealt with' in a humane but expeditious manner.
Praying now.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Joe Stalin wrote:
<quoted text>
"3 out of 4 Americans "think" the world is going to end just like the Mayans did!" Yup, "realville" all right. No fear, dude.
The citizens of Cyprus thought everything was hunky-dory too until yesterday. Didn't have a clue they'd be taking to the streets just two days ago.

How many countries does that make in Europe whose citizens have taken to the streets because the government has run out of THEIR money?

And why is Obama so insistent on taking us down this same path?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
BBL.
Wallyworld!

Another poster commented:

"when Feinstein was announcing the assassination of Harvey Milk, Cruz was 7 years old and still playing with his crayons and eating his own boogers."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>And there will be a special place in Breitbart's hell for the Swiftboaters, Idiot by Choice, and the rest of the reich-wing whining hypocrites.
Ah yes, the swiftboaters, financed by T. Boone Pickens; who with all his billions, couldn't keep his grandson from killing himself with drugs.
Karma can sure be a bytch; ya never know when it's going to pay you a visit.
Old George is learning to paint nudes of himself and puppies. Hmmm.
His brother Jeb said he was proud of his brothers accomplishments, but neglected to say what they were.
The do therapeutic painting in insane asylums.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just think: if Al Gore was the President; we would not have invaded Iraq
Iraq would have invaded Al Gore as he bent over grasping both of his ankles. and then he would have apologized for the evils committed by America.
Joe Stalin

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Finally a wish may be coming true. WalMart is set to build a Neighborhood Market less than a mile from my home. This will allow me to finally buy that golf cart for shopping, going to 7-11, or fast food. I am looking forward to this. The Fresh Pride that was there before was a horrible store. Bad food, high prices, and terrible employees. I drove another mile even if just for one thing.
What was it? Chinee checkers?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think they are topix employees. It's probably a couple of people using multiple screen names. I think one is a writer and this may be an outlet for her (at our expense)
There are folks that are writing here and that particular one is doing as you say she may.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The citizens of Cyprus thought everything was hunky-dory too until yesterday. Didn't have a clue they'd be taking to the streets just two days ago.
How many countries does that make in Europe whose citizens have taken to the streets because the government has run out of THEIR money?
Obama?

Sharon Bowles, who chairs the European Parliament's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee is appalled. "This grabbing of ordinary depositors's money is billed as a tax," she said, "so as to try and circumvent the EU's deposit guarantee laws. It robs smaller investors of the protection they were promised."

The EU has a poor record in predicting the consequences of its bailouts. Time and again it has under-estimated the impact of austerity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-218211...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you do during the Spanish-American War?
“No animal has more liberty than the cat, but it buries the mess it makes. The cat is the best anarchist.”
&#8213; Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
you pray for mass murder, that's lovely. Did you learn that in church?
You rightwingers are anti Americans sickos.
It's so symptomatic of the disease called liberalism. Those infected with the ideo-pathogen instinctively envision the most vicious possible scenario. Another problem is the disturbing number of you short fused time-bombs that carry out your fantasies of divine justice.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Iraq would have invaded Al Gore as he bent over grasping both of his ankles. and then he would have apologized for the evils committed by America.
"grasping ankles": name something Jane hasn't done since 1974
Joe Stalin

Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, dear, they were out in droves... all 80 or so of them. Bank employees?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
taking to the streets and freezing their asses off.

'Greece is facing a heating-oil crisis. With an economy that has contracted for five years and an unemployment rate at a record 25 percent, residents in northern Greece can't heat their homes. Kastoria hasn't received funds from the central government to warm schools and the mayor said he will close all 53 of them rather than let children freeze, a step already taken in a nearby town. Truckloads of wood are arriving from Bulgaria as families search for alternative fuels.

When temperatures fall below freezing, Tsitskos said, he rarely leaves the house. Other older residents spend their days at a senior center and cafes to save on heating costs, returning home only to sleep, he said.

Austerity measures have cut government salaries and benefits, raised the retirement age and reduced services.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/world/article/Greece-fu...
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Ah yes, the swiftboaters, financed by T. Boone Pickens; who with all his billions, couldn't keep his grandson from killing himself with drugs.
Karma can sure be a bytch; ya never know when it's going to pay you a visit.
Old George is learning to paint nudes of himself and puppies. Hmmm.
His brother Jeb said he was proud of his brothers accomplishments, but neglected to say what they were.
The do therapeutic painting in insane asylums.
karma can be a bitch. Hollywierd libs frequently get crazier and kill themselves with drugs. ditto for the Kennedy libs. and for your suicidal thoughts whenever you are forced to look in a mirror.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>He's a 'war hero' by whose standards, Barack Hussein Obama's, the Kenyan, who also never served... Can't do the latter it's impossible
There is no "latter" in your bigoted post...damnit, Idjit, but you're plumb dumb, even by reich-tard standards.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

117 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min Mister Tonka 97,562
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min LRS 174,902
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 23 min Kill them 68,042
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Terry rigsby 48,930
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 26 min boundary painter 1,195
Music Artists A to Z 28 min boundary painter 262
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min boundary painter 4,562
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••