Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,310)

Showing posts 806,181 - 806,200 of1,077,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If John Kerry had been president he would not have cherry picked the intel & lied top Congress to get 40000 soldiers killed in a ware about oil.
Kerry had seen war. Kerry had seen fellow soldiers wounded & killed.
Bush / Cheney not so much. Bush called war "romantic".
RealDave was Kerry lying in 2003?

Mar 2003 - For:“I think Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction are a threat, and that's why I voted to hold him accountable and to make certain that we disarm him. I think we need to …”(“All Things Considered”, 3/19/03)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he's not white. Sounds Indian or Pakistani.
Orlando dodged a big one. He pulled a gun on his roommate who ran to the bathroom to call police.
I tried to find from what part of the world the name comes from. There is no nationality from what I can tell. He had planned this attack. He did not register from spring semester. They were going to throw him out of the dorm. The prospect that this was a terrorist attack can not be ruled out.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> So let me ask. Do you think it/they get paid to do this crap? I can think of no other reason except mental illness. At first I thought it was some kid with nothing better to do but it has now gone on much to long for that. It has to be more than one person to post around the clock as it/they do.
No, I don't think they are topix employees. It's probably a couple of people using multiple screen names. I think one is a writer and this may be an outlet for her (at our expense)

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is just another way of sayin', bye bye, Emom.
If I stop posting it will be on my terms.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's a war hero. gfy.
He's a 'war hero' by whose standards, Barack Hussein Obama's, the Kenyan, who also never served... Can't do the latter it's impossible
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's a war hero. gfy.
Only a libtard would call a backstabbing coward like Kerry a hero.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill Clinton is a true politician, Mitts an arrogant sob who thought he could buy his way into the whitehouse.
Every cent Mitt made was through manipulation and trickery., he has ne ER created anything or used his money to do good things.
How did Bill pay off all his legal bills caused by you sickos republicans? Speaking. The most sought after speakers ever. He's brilliant, Mitt? Not so much. Has money, but no style, no personality.
Professional politician...which we need fewer of.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I guess Miss Kulakowski likes loofahs , he is one sicko mofo, ready to snap
Worked the night shift?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So when it doesn't happen, will you post what an idiot you were?
Of Course not, Mr Chicken Little, like you are, run around predicting stock market crashes on a weekly basis. Since the market has peaks & lows, eventually there will be a significant loss & you will claim victory.
How sad it must be for you right whiners. Cheering everyday for a economic disaster.
"OMG OMG Obama will take our retirement accounts"
"OMG OMG Obama is take our bank accounts just like in Greece"
"OMG OMG Obama is taking our guns"
"OMG OMG OMG " Obama is stealing our money"
Do you morons ever look at this crap you post & realize what assh*les you are?
You f*cking idiots said noting for 8 years while your buddies wearing the big red "R" nearly killed this country & slaughtered our soldiers.
You f*cking idiots, want to put the exact same people in charge that did this under Bush.
Is there a limit to your inane stupidity?
Do you try to come across like a teenaged girl?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Yellowcake Uranium Found In Iraq, Bush Was Right! Well, Not So Much

This article from the AP was posted yesterday, reporting the sale and transport of 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq to Canada. Some of the leading right wing blogs were quick to hail the find as a significant victory for the Bush administration and proof of Saddam's WMD program, but as Daniel De Groot at Open Left Points out, their celebrations may be a bit premature, if not dishonest:

I noted last night that a supply of uranium from Iraq had been successfully moved to Montreal in secrecy.

If you check into this, you'll quickly find that the uranium a) was not weapons grade and b) was well known to the UN and IAEA and was being stored legally by Saddam's government. It was legally in Iraq according to international law.

I wondered if the right wing echo chamber would use this as "proof" that the WMD claims were true after all. I got even better than I hoped, as not only do they use it that way, but they reveal how dishonest they are by the way they have done this.

Top recommended post at Redstate:

Yellowcake uranium found in Iraq, Saddam's legacy, Bush was right!

Well...not so much.

http://crooksandliars.com/2008/07/06/yellowca...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't think they are topix employees. It's probably a couple of people using multiple screen names. I think one is a writer and this may be an outlet for her (at our expense)
I didn't mean Topix employees. I don't see the point however. Wouldn't it make more sense to discuss the issues if one wanted their posts read. I mean if no one reads your posts what is the point of posting?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, I do. I pray every day that liberalism is eradicated from the landscape and that those already infected are 'dealt with' in a humane but expeditious manner.
MAP: Which Kills More People in Your State—Cars or Guns?

It's little surprise that many of these states—including Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Utah, and Virginia—are notorious for lax gun laws. What's more, the numbers aren't driven just by "bad guys with guns." Nationally, close to two-thirds of gun deaths are suicides, and the split is much higher in states such as Alaska, which reported more than twice as many gun suicides as traffic deaths in 2010. Utah (the "most depressed" state, whose suicide problem we cover in detail here), Nevada, Oregon, and Washington are also seeing more gun suicides than traffic fatalities. Idaho, Montana, and others are close behind. We'll leave you with this chart showing the most recent nationwide numbers available:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/s...

Your state is on there dummy, maybe you'll do the world a favor.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Injudgement lives in an alternate universe - it's like purgatory for retards.
Really? Then perhaps you could tell us all out of the 33 nations the US has bombed and/or invaded since WWII which one was to protect America?
Iran needs a nuclear weapon. America has never gone to war with a nation that has one. It's the only protection other nations have from the US war machine.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I tried to find from what part of the world the name comes from. There is no nationality from what I can tell. He had planned this attack. He did not register from spring semester. They were going to throw him out of the dorm. The prospect that this was a terrorist attack can not be ruled out.
It's a Hindu name but he had grown up in Lake Mary Florida and had attended UCF since 2010. He hadn't any problems at the school until he didn't re register yet continued to live in the dorm. He had a couple of traffic infractions it 2006.

His roommate and others who knew him at school said that he was anti social but not in a scary way.

Looks like his head jumped time eh?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
MAP: Which Kills More People in Your State—Cars or Guns?
It's little surprise that many of these states—including Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Utah, and Virginia—are notorious for lax gun laws. What's more, the numbers aren't driven just by "bad guys with guns." Nationally, close to two-thirds of gun deaths are suicides, and the split is much higher in states such as Alaska, which reported more than twice as many gun suicides as traffic deaths in 2010. Utah (the "most depressed" state, whose suicide problem we cover in detail here), Nevada, Oregon, and Washington are also seeing more gun suicides than traffic fatalities. Idaho, Montana, and others are close behind. We'll leave you with this chart showing the most recent nationwide numbers available:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/s...
Your state is on there dummy, maybe you'll do the world a favor.
have you seen the study about which states drink the most beer?

seems there's a close correlation between the states you mention.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Is it really worth rubbing their dumbstick-beaten faces in their own muck every year on this occasion? I take the late Molly Ivins' view from April 29, 2003, barely a month after Shock 'n Awe:

Maybe the American people can be brainwashed into forgetting why we supposedly went to war. Near as I can tell, our national memory span is down to about two weeks, and the media have been spectacularly unskeptical on this issue. But the rest of the world is not going to forget that WMDs were our primary reason for an unprovoked, pre-emptive war.
Neither am I. And I want those fuckers to know I'll never forget it.

http://www.dailykos.com/ #

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Finally a wish may be coming true. WalMart is set to build a Neighborhood Market less than a mile from my home. This will allow me to finally buy that golf cart for shopping, going to 7-11, or fast food. I am looking forward to this. The Fresh Pride that was there before was a horrible store. Bad food, high prices, and terrible employees. I drove another mile even if just for one thing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> That is a lot closer to reality than most people think. Most likely will at least be attempted in the next four years. Clinton was going to do it before he got sidelined by the Blue Dress Affair.
The thieves will start with a tax on 401(k) funds above a certain amount, so only the "rich" get screwed and few people care.

Homer will cheer.

(All union pension funds will be exempt, of course.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Romney is a lawyer whose entire career is based upon bankrupting companies as a vulture capitalist. But, he's white, so, that's alright.
More like rescuing bankrupt companies, but what's the difference?

Easy talk from someone who can't manage anything.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Powell Admits False WMD Claim
It would be a foolish endeavor to call for this Republican Congress to mount a thorough investigation of this Republican administration. But what else is there to do in response to the comments made by Secretary of State Colin Powell this past weekend?
Appearing on Meet the Press, Powell acknowledged--finally!--that he and the Bush administration misled the nation about the WMD threat posed by Iraq before the war. Specifically, he said that he was wrong when he appeared before the UN Security Council on February 5, 2003, and alleged that Iraq had developed mobile laboratories to produce biological weapons. That was one of the more dramatic claims he and the administration used to justify the invasion of Iraq.(Remember the drawings he displayed.) Yet Powell said on MTP, "it turned our that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong and in some cases, deliberately misleading." Powell did not spell it out, but the main source for this claim was an engineer linked to the Iraqi National Congress, the exile group led by Ahmed Chalabi, who is now part of the Iraqi Governing Council.
Powell noted that he was "comfortable at the time that I made the presentation it reflected the collective judgment, the sound judgment of the intelligence community." In other words, the CIA was scammed by Chalabi's outfit, and it never caught on. So who's been fired over this? After all, the nation supposedly went to war partly due to this intelligence. And partly because of this bad information over 700 Americans and countless Iraqis have lost their lives. Shouldn't someone be held accountable? Maybe CIA chief George Tenet, or his underlings who went for the bait? Or Chalabi's neocon friends and champions at the Pentagon: Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, Richard Perle? How do they feel about their pal, the great Iraqi leader, now?
For months after the invasion, George W. Bush told the public that he had based his decision to invade Iraq on "good, solid intelligence." Does he still believe that? Has anyone told him that his government was hornswoggled by Chalabi, who was once convicted of massive bank fraud in Jordan.(Since Bush has said he does not read the newspapers or pay much attention to conventional media, he may not have heard about Powell's remarks unless an aide bothered to brief him on them.) And in January, Dick Cheney said that there was "conclusive evidence" that Saddam Hussein had manufactured bioweapons labs on wheels. Is he willing to say he was wrong?
For his part, Chalabi has not shown any regret. In February, he told the London Telegraph, "we are heroes in error....As far as we're concerned, we've been entirely successful. That tyrant Saddam is gone, and the Americans are in Baghdad. What was said before is not important."
http://www.com mondrews04/0518-03.htm
Powell seems a respected man, he was mislead in this instance

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 806,181 - 806,200 of1,077,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 174,404
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 10 min Drone me 1,852
Cheap Tomatoes 10 min Straw Boss 2
Voice of God Weapon 11 min Hear Ye Hear Ye 1
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 16 min Sounds good 3
East And West Threatens To Plunge The Globe Int... 18 min Michael Snyder 1
The Liberty Brothers Interview: Colonel Kratos,... 19 min GOfuckYourselfSanJose 4
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search