Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#876314 Mar 19, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Who is?
A little late for that, sweetie.
Auntblabby

Arvada, CO

#876315 Mar 19, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I think most people agree Saddam had to go or at least be neutralized which he was for the most part after the first Gulf war. Only the hardcore rightwingers and those Democrats who bought Bush's lies thought it worth invading/destroying/rebuilding an entire country to accomplish.
Homer has remained consistent on this since Powell went before the U.N. to sell Bush's bs story.
Still have yur autographed picture of Uday Hussein on yur wall?

"
brutal rapist with an obsession for beautiful women.”

Every day Uday Hussein and his bodyguards drove around the university and the girls’ schools until the president's son saw a girl he fancied. He would stop her and
ask her to spend the night with him. If she refused his bodyguards would grab her and bring her back to the palace.

There Uday would rape the girl. If she resisted, after he was done, he would give her to the whole team of bodyguards. If she was really a lot of trouble, like one architectural student named Nahle Sabet who had the nerve to publicly reject him, Uday would throw her naked to his pack of wild dogs which ripped her to pieces while he watched, drinking champagne and laughing.

No woman was safe. One day Uday saw two newlyweds walking hand in hand. He wanted the woman and his bodyguards grabbed the couple.

Saad Abd al-Razzek Nihaya was an Iraqi army officer decorated for bravery in the Iran-Iraq War but that didn’t help him or his new wife.

Uday took the girl to a hotel suite. She pleaded with him not to defile her - she had only been married yesterday. Uday beat her until she was bloody then raped her."

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#876316 Mar 19, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Good news -
Hostess has picked the maker of Little Debbie as the lead bidder to buy its Drake's cakes.
According to a filing in U.S. bankruptcy court, McKee Foods has offered $27.5 million in cash for the cake brands, which include Devil Dogs, Funny Bones and Yodels. The fate of Twinkies and other Hostess cakes are still being negotiated with other bidders.
Earlier this month, Hostess picked Flowers Foods, which makes Tastykake and Nature's Own and Bunny bread, as the lead bidder for six of its major bread brands, including Wonder.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34227_162-5756628...
Looks like all our favorites will be making a comeback before too long and of course if anyone eats that crappy Wonder bread.
The names of these corporations, not to mention the brands themselves, reflect the general intellectual level of those who consume their products. One has to 'wonder' why anyone would eat that pap.
JMO
Auntblabby

Arvada, CO

#876317 Mar 19, 2013
"Yahia saw Saddam's victims have their hands and feet drilled through with electric drills. He watched people suspected of bad mouthing the regime have their mouths pulled
apart until their jaws broke. He was forced to witness the torture of families: men forced to rape their wives in front of their horrified young children and saw a video of
parents screaming helplessly behind a glass wall in which they could see their naked children in a room with a bee hive, being stung hundreds of times."
Auntblabby

Arvada, CO

#876318 Mar 19, 2013
"It worked.“Just wait until I become president,” Uday promised,“I’ll be crueler than my father ever was. You mark my words. You’ll yearn for the days of Saddam
Hussein.” "
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876319 Mar 19, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Fox News stories -
Sex-Soaked Arias Film
Stiles Plays Escort on YouTube
Katie Holmes Poses Topless
Bachelor Mocked on 'DWTS'
Upton vs. Scary Skinny Models
Selena: Bieber Is a Crybaby
Fox seems fixated on Hollywood
go try the Daily Caller.

boob fixation.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876320 Mar 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news, let's focus on current problems.
so how about some Obama slams that aren't from 2008?
Auntblabby

Arvada, CO

#876321 Mar 19, 2013
Where was NOW? Where was Sandra Fluke? Where was Hillary? Where were the media?

"Once near a Nineveh hotel Uday saw a pretty young girl no older than fifteen. He found her attractive and had her kidnapped. Uday raped the girl who lay silently and
then let her go, bruised and bleeding to stumble back to the hotel to find her parents.

“It turns out the girl had been deaf since birth,” remembers Latif.“She tried desperately to communicate what had happened to guests in the hotel lobby, but couldn’t make her hysterical, silent crying be understood.”

When Uday’s was informed he commanded his bodyguards to grab her again so she wouldn’t make trouble for him. They took her to the nearby forest and gang raped her before killing her and burying the body".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876322 Mar 19, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Good news -
Hostess has picked the maker of Little Debbie as the lead bidder to buy its Drake's cakes.
According to a filing in U.S. bankruptcy court, McKee Foods has offered $27.5 million in cash for the cake brands, which include Devil Dogs, Funny Bones and Yodels. The fate of Twinkies and other Hostess cakes are still being negotiated with other bidders.
Earlier this month, Hostess picked Flowers Foods, which makes Tastykake and Nature's Own and Bunny bread, as the lead bidder for six of its major bread brands, including Wonder.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34227_162-5756628...
Looks like all our favorites will be making a comeback before too long and of course if anyone eats that crappy Wonder bread.
Flack eats all of the above; could be wrong. Let's take a poll:

Lily: no on all of the above
Jane Says

New York, NY

#876323 Mar 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Old news, let's focus on current problems.
here's one:

'Two more Americans died this week at the hands of one of their Afghan "allies," a man trained, paid and armed by the United States. If you slaughter thousands, you can still just about get our attention, as Mullah Omar discovered after 9/11. But the slow bleeding of two deaths here, three deaths there, week after week after week takes a psychological toll, rotting out purpose and strategy. So in Washington this will be a war we "shut down"; in Kandahar and beyond, it will be a war we lost.

As one war "shuts down," are any others likely to open up? This week Obama told Israel's Channel 2 TV that "we think it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon."

So Tehran, fresh from playing the bad guys in Ben Affleck's Oscar-winning blockbuster, is going nuclear? Hey, relax, says the president: "I continue to keep all options on the table." And, every time he says that, you get the vague feeling he continues to keep the table somewhere in the basement. The best option would be if the Israelis just got on with it, absolving everyone else from a tough decision and simultaneously affording them the deliciously irresistible frisson of denouncing the Zionists for their grossly disproportionate response.

More likely, Iran will be permitted to go nuclear – followed shortly thereafter by Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and anyone else who dislikes being conscripted under the Shia Persian nuclear umbrella. North Korea and Pakistan both anticipate a lively export market.

Pakistan has a nominal per capita GDP of about $1,200, with North Korea's barely detectable. By comparison, Sweden's is about $58,000 and the Netherlands' about $50,000. But North Korea is a nuclear power, and the Netherlands isn't, and has no plans to become one, and any party so minded to propose otherwise would soon find itself out of power.

The assumption that developed nations will get richer under Washington's defense welfare has been the central tenet of the American era. So now the wealthiest countries in history cannot defend their own borders, while economic basket-cases of one degree of derangement or another are nuclear powers.

Perhaps this improbable division will hold. Perhaps the Axis of Crazy will be content just to jostle among itself, leaving the Axis of Torpor to fret about lowering the retirement age to 48 and mandatory transgendered bathrooms and other pressing public policy priorities. But, even under such an inherently unstable truce, the American position and the wider global economy would deteriorate.'

Mark Steyn
carol

Orlando, FL

#876324 Mar 19, 2013
Mom always liked me best, dear.
Auntblabby

Arvada, CO

#876325 Mar 19, 2013
These examples are what our efforts in Iraq stopped, the entire female population of the world should get down on their hands and knees and thank GWB and our brave troops, many who died.
If the jews of Europe were worth saving, these women were worth saving as well.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876326 Mar 19, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>The names of these corporations, not to mention the brands themselves, reflect the general intellectual level of those who consume their products. One has to 'wonder' why anyone would eat that pap.
JMO
You nailed it; especially Tastykake, which could be Tastykaka, if you made a quick typo. Next time at the grocery, watch to see who buys it. Usually goes with the cases of Diet Coke!
Auntblabby

Arvada, CO

#876327 Mar 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so how about some Obama slams that aren't from 2008?
When are you going to enlist for Obama's war with Iran?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876328 Mar 19, 2013
March 19, 2013

Cheney Marks Tenth Anniversary of Pretending There Was Reason to Invade Iraq

Posted by Andy Borowitz

HOUSTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a sombre ceremony attended by former members of the Bush administration, the former Vice-President Dick Cheney marked the tenth anniversary of making up a reason to invade Iraq.

The ceremony, held on the grounds of the Halliburton Company headquarters, brought together the former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, the former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, the former Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz, and other key members of the lying effort.


Calling the assembled officials “profiles in fabrication,” Mr. Cheney praised them for their decade of dedication to a totally fictitious rationale.

“Making up a reason to invade a country is the easy part,” Mr. Cheney told them.“Sticking to a pretend story for ten years—that is the stuff of valor.”

Mr. Cheney added that their “steadfast charade had raised the bar for all future administrations.”

“When it is time to invade Iran or Venezuela, will the President have the will to make up an entirely fake reason to do it?” he asked.“That remains to be seen.”

The ceremony ended on an emotional note, as Mr. Cheney placed a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown W.M.D.

Former President George W. Bush, who was said to be otherwise engaged, was represented at the event by a nude self-portrait.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
carol

Orlando, FL

#876329 Mar 19, 2013
Remember that day we went to the doctor when we were 9 and the doctor told mom you weren't a virgin anymore, and then you said you'd slipped while riding a bicycle, and then everybody kind of looked at each other and shrugged? Sure, that makes sense...
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#876330 Mar 19, 2013
Auntblabby wrote:
"Yahia saw Saddam's victims have their hands and feet drilled through with electric drills. He watched people suspected of bad mouthing the regime have their mouths pulled
apart until their jaws broke. He was forced to witness the torture of families: men forced to rape their wives in front of their horrified young children and saw a video of
parents screaming helplessly behind a glass wall in which they could see their naked children in a room with a bee hive, being stung hundreds of times."
This means nothing to Obama voters/Democrats. They just want their free stuff the we worked for.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876331 Mar 19, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>here's one:
'Two more Americans died this week at the hands of one of their Afghan "allies," a man trained, paid and armed by the United States. If you slaughter thousands, you can still just about get our attention, as Mullah Omar discovered after 9/11. But the slow bleeding of two deaths here, three deaths there, week after week after week takes a psychological toll, rotting out purpose and strategy. So in Washington this will be a war we "shut down"; in Kandahar and beyond, it will be a war we lost.
As one war "shuts down," are any others likely to open up? This week Obama told Israel's Channel 2 TV that "we think it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon."
So Tehran, fresh from playing the bad guys in Ben Affleck's Oscar-winning blockbuster, is going nuclear? Hey, relax, says the president: "I continue to keep all options on the table." And, every time he says that, you get the vague feeling he continues to keep the table somewhere in the basement. The best option would be if the Israelis just got on with it, absolving everyone else from a tough decision and simultaneously affording them the deliciously irresistible frisson of denouncing the Zionists for their grossly disproportionate response.
More likely, Iran will be permitted to go nuclear – followed shortly thereafter by Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and anyone else who dislikes being conscripted under the Shia Persian nuclear umbrella. North Korea and Pakistan both anticipate a lively export market.
Pakistan has a nominal per capita GDP of about $1,200, with North Korea's barely detectable. By comparison, Sweden's is about $58,000 and the Netherlands' about $50,000. But North Korea is a nuclear power, and the Netherlands isn't, and has no plans to become one, and any party so minded to propose otherwise would soon find itself out of power.
The assumption that developed nations will get richer under Washington's defense welfare has been the central tenet of the American era. So now the wealthiest countries in history cannot defend their own borders, while economic basket-cases of one degree of derangement or another are nuclear powers.
Perhaps this improbable division will hold. Perhaps the Axis of Crazy will be content just to jostle among itself, leaving the Axis of Torpor to fret about lowering the retirement age to 48 and mandatory transgendered bathrooms and other pressing public policy priorities. But, even under such an inherently unstable truce, the American position and the wider global economy would deteriorate.'
Mark Steyn
Mark Steyn; bwaaaaawaaaaahhhh (credit gunner)
what's up next? Anne Coulter right?
Get lost vhb
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876332 Mar 19, 2013
Tea Partier On Lead Up To Iraq War:‘We Have To Trust Our Leaders’

Months after suggesting that President Barack Obama "doesn't love America the way we do," a prominent tea party leader on Tuesday made a case for placing trust in the commander-in-chief during a discussion about the intelligence failures that lead to the Iraq War.

Amy Kremer, chairwoman of the Tea Party Express, told CNN that former President George W. Bush wasn't the only elected official making a case for the 2003 U.S.-led invasion and said that the citizenry can "never have enough intelligence." But ultimately, Kremer argued, the American people have no choice but to show some faith in the president.

"The American people, I don't think, have any alternative but to believe our president. That's why he's been elected," Kremer said. "And I certainly hope we never go down this road ever again because you never wanna lose any lives and there's always unintended consequences."

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/t...
Auntblabby

Arvada, CO

#876334 Mar 19, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>here's one:
'Two more Americans died this week at the hands of one of their Afghan "allies," a man trained, paid and armed by the United States. If you slaughter thousands, you can still just about get our attention, as Mullah Omar discovered after 9/11. But the slow bleeding of two deaths here, three deaths there, week after week after week takes a psychological toll, rotting out purpose and strategy. So in Washington this will be a war we "shut down"; in Kandahar and beyond, it will be a war we lost.
As one war "shuts down," are any others likely to open up? This week Obama told Israel's Channel 2 TV that "we think it would take over a year or so for Iran to actually develop a nuclear weapon."
So Tehran, fresh from playing the bad guys in Ben Affleck's Oscar-winning blockbuster, is going nuclear? Hey, relax, says the president: "I continue to keep all options on the table." And, every time he says that, you get the vague feeling he continues to keep the table somewhere in the basement. The best option would be if the Israelis just got on with it, absolving everyone else from a tough decision and simultaneously affording them the deliciously irresistible frisson of denouncing the Zionists for their grossly disproportionate response.
More likely, Iran will be permitted to go nuclear – followed shortly thereafter by Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and anyone else who dislikes being conscripted under the Shia Persian nuclear umbrella. North Korea and Pakistan both anticipate a lively export market.
Pakistan has a nominal per capita GDP of about $1,200, with North Korea's barely detectable. By comparison, Sweden's is about $58,000 and the Netherlands' about $50,000. But North Korea is a nuclear power, and the Netherlands isn't, and has no plans to become one, and any party so minded to propose otherwise would soon find itself out of power.
The assumption that developed nations will get richer under Washington's defense welfare has been the central tenet of the American era. So now the wealthiest countries in history cannot defend their own borders, while economic basket-cases of one degree of derangement or another are nuclear powers.
Perhaps this improbable division will hold. Perhaps the Axis of Crazy will be content just to jostle among itself, leaving the Axis of Torpor to fret about lowering the retirement age to 48 and mandatory transgendered bathrooms and other pressing public policy priorities. But, even under such an inherently unstable truce, the American position and the wider global economy would deteriorate.'
Mark Steyn
The blood of these soldiers is on the bloody hands of Obama, as are the maimings. Every lost life there since he took over has been wasted. All of the maimings and amputations are his fault as well, a waste.

Where the hell is Code pink when you need them?

Where are the anti war protesters who hounded Bush for years?

Where's the LSM leading off the nightly news with the deaths of soldiers?

AWOl, they don't care one bit about dead and maimed soldiers when a democrat, a black democrat is in charge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min boundary painter 5,701
last post wins! (Apr '13) 16 min boundary painter 503
A Small History Lesson. 16 min Al S explained 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 30 min Go Blue Forever 99,158
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 30 min boundary painter 1,364
Dear Abby 2-26-15 43 min boundary painter 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth to power 51,371
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Bieber 184,794
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
6 Best Options to Replace T-Rich This Offseason
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps