Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lincoln

United States

#876104 Mar 19, 2013
carol wrote:
Gee...even if Hillary Clinton had been the president in 2002...
“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.”— Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002
How quickly the left forgets.
What did you do during the Spanish-American War?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#876105 Mar 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Yellowcake Uranium Found In Iraq, Bush Was Right! Well, Not So Much
This article from the AP was posted yesterday, reporting the sale and transport of 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq to Canada. Some of the leading right wing blogs were quick to hail the find as a significant victory for the Bush administration and proof of Saddam's WMD program, but as Daniel De Groot at Open Left Points out, their celebrations may be a bit premature, if not dishonest:
I noted last night that a supply of uranium from Iraq had been successfully moved to Montreal in secrecy.
If you check into this, you'll quickly find that the uranium a) was not weapons grade and b) was well known to the UN and IAEA and was being stored legally by Saddam's government. It was legally in Iraq according to international law.
I wondered if the right wing echo chamber would use this as "proof" that the WMD claims were true after all. I got even better than I hoped, as not only do they use it that way, but they reveal how dishonest they are by the way they have done this.
Top recommended post at Redstate:
Yellowcake uranium found in Iraq, Saddam's legacy, Bush was right!
Well...not so much.
http://crooksandliars.com/2008/07/06/yellowca...
The US had known about that improperly stored stockpile of low grade yellow cake for years and hazmat crews went directly to that site shortly after the invasion. It took 2 years to remove, repackage and transfer the yellow cake to the port for shipment to Canada who purchased the load for about 10 cents on the dollar.

I don't remember the operation being secret__there were pictures of the site and cleanup in newspapers and on line.

At some point it was learned that some of Saddams purchasing agents didn't have a clue as to what they were purchasing and a few were ripping him off.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876106 Mar 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The Azzhole in the White House has his hands down his pants AND in yours now:
Obamacare Taxes Hit All Income Levels: http://tinyurl.com/csbm8nv
Wait for the squealing when people are forced to buy insurance that they don't want.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#876107 Mar 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's a Hindu name but he had grown up in Lake Mary Florida and had attended UCF since 2010. He hadn't any problems at the school until he didn't re register yet continued to live in the dorm. He had a couple of traffic infractions it 2006.
His roommate and others who knew him at school said that he was anti social but not in a scary way.
Looks like his head jumped time eh?
It happens. He had it planned where maximum targets were in a closed environment. With the bombs he could have taken out a lot of people. The question I have is why didn't he go ahead and carry out his plan. It's apparent he planned to die. Why just kill yourself? Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he did without hurting someone else. But, for the most park, there seems to be a destruct program running when things don't go as planned.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876108 Mar 19, 2013
Sherlock wrote:
<quoted text> lily?
Good possibility!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876109 Mar 19, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> lily loves the race card
The race card is the only card in lily's deck.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876110 Mar 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness to MSNBC, the network does not have any shows that pretend to be anything but opinion. The level of propaganda is so intense that no warning label is required.
just like FOX.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#876111 Mar 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The thieves will start with a tax on 401(k) funds above a certain amount, so only the "rich" get screwed and few people care.
Homer will cheer.
(All union pension funds will be exempt, of course.)
That's why I've never had a 401(k) or IRA. I keep very little cash in any bank. Never trusted them. Got that from my grandpa.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#876112 Mar 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> The US had known about that improperly stored stockpile of low grade yellow cake for years and hazmat crews went directly to that site shortly after the invasion. It took 2 years to remove, repackage and transfer the yellow cake to the port for shipment to Canada who purchased the load for about 10 cents on the dollar.
I don't remember the operation being secret__there were pictures of the site and cleanup in newspapers and on line.
At some point it was learned that some of Saddams purchasing agents didn't have a clue as to what they were purchasing and a few were ripping him off.
It didn't have to be high grade for a dirty bomb. Just sayin'. If you consider the panic with the anthrax scare. Could you imagine the widespread chaos that a dirty bomb exploding in New York City would have. Even if the explosion was more dangerous than the yellow cake?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876113 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It happens. He had it planned where maximum targets were in a closed environment. With the bombs he could have taken out a lot of people. The question I have is why didn't he go ahead and carry out his plan. It's apparent he planned to die. Why just kill yourself? Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he did without hurting someone else. But, for the most park, there seems to be a destruct program running when things don't go as planned.
Fast police response? He was 30 years old; kind of old to be in a dorm.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#876114 Mar 19, 2013
BBL.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876115 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I tried to find from what part of the world the name comes from. There is no nationality from what I can tell. He had planned this attack. He did not register from spring semester. They were going to throw him out of the dorm. The prospect that this was a terrorist attack can not be ruled out.
Would you call it that if he was white? Seems he was an American.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#876116 Mar 19, 2013
carol wrote:
White man's hand created the Piata, Ford Motor Company, the I-pad... well, maybe not the I-pad...
White man's hands wrote, "I Walk the Line" and Gilbert and Sullivan and the Cistene Chapel.
White Man's hands are responsible for the cotton gin, Rayon, Oil lamps.
I don't know what I'd do without white man's hands.
You would still be swinging from the trees.
We were white then and still are.
We just aren't here (much yet).
We will be if you all don't destroy yourselves first.
Seriously.
LOL.
(sigh)
Joe Stalin

Romania

#876117 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Not me Homer. I live in Realville. No need for fear here.
"3 out of 4 Americans "think" the world is going to end just like the Mayans did!" Yup, "realville" all right. No fear, dude.
Joe Stalin

Romania

#876118 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It didn't have to be high grade for a dirty bomb. Just sayin'. If you consider the panic with the anthrax scare. Could you imagine the widespread chaos that a dirty bomb exploding in New York City would have. Even if the explosion was more dangerous than the yellow cake?
Oh my, yes, "realville." Where the only thing to fear is fear itself. Say, um, what's to stop someone setting off a "dirty bomb" in realville? Or did you mean, "reelville?"
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#876120 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It didn't have to be high grade for a dirty bomb. Just sayin'. If you consider the panic with the anthrax scare. Could you imagine the widespread chaos that a dirty bomb exploding in New York City would have. Even if the explosion was more dangerous than the yellow cake?
That would be all that low grade crap Saddam had would have been good for. But Saddam had no means to deliver enough of it to cause much harm.

One more time__US and Allied troops assembled right along the Iraq/Kuwait border for over a week prior to the invasion. If Saddam had the ability to drop in a few rounds of gas-bio-or dirty weapons he couldn't have killed and sickened thousands.

Saddam was a paper tiger.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#876121 Mar 19, 2013
Could have killed and sickened.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876122 Mar 19, 2013
SCARBOROUGH: Did they teach Ted Cruz to read what the Supreme Court said? Especially in the landmark, the landmark decision regarding Second Amendment rights over 200 years was written in 2008? I’m just wondering why would he use his seat on the Judiciary Committee if he went to Harvard to — to — to put forward a willfully ignorant statement about this bill violating the Second Amendment, because it does not. And Ted Cruz knows it does not. So who is he playing for? Is he playing for — for — for people who can’t read, for illiterates? I don’t understand…. When you’re condescending and you don’t even have the facts right. When you’re misstating what the Second Amendment says as interpreted by the conservative court, by Scalia. I have a problem with that.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/15/1...

(sound familiar?)
Joe Stalin

Romania

#876123 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't mean Topix employees. I don't see the point however. Wouldn't it make more sense to discuss the issues if one wanted their posts read. I mean if no one reads your posts what is the point of posting?
It's an interesting question, isn't it? Why would one do something if there was no one around to notice? Why, indeed? Discuss the issues? Save me. If that's what this is why do you have to invent "issues" to "discuss?"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876124 Mar 19, 2013
Joe Stalin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my, yes, "realville." Where the only thing to fear is fear itself. Say, um, what's to stop someone setting off a "dirty bomb" in realville? Or did you mean, "reelville?"
realnutville

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 30 min Rogue Scholar 05 180,952
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 70,627
My true thoughts about this song. 2 hr WhyNotLookAtHer 3
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 2 hr TheyfuckUsAll 5
World's Best Photo Art 3 hr Long Time Fan 5
EverGreen Belgrade 4 hr AqifBlytaWasShotL... 18
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr IBdaMann 48,593
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:50 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:50PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards