Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1536058 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876863 Mar 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You think we should have just allowed Germany to take over all of Europe? And Japan who with Italy were in cahoots with Germany? The war was happening. We could either ignore it or help. I guess you chose ignore.
You keep protecting Bush & ignoring 4400 dead soldiers. Saddam was attacking no one. We could have tightened our no fly zone & used economic sanctions to oust Saddam. There was no urgency.
.
Absolutely, just as economic sanctions are working so well in keeping Iran and North Korea from developing nuclear weapons. After they use the weapons against their neighbors, we can tighten the economic sanctions and then they will really be sorry.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876864 Mar 20, 2013
carol wrote:
It just amazed me that someone defended the liberal labeling of Dr. Carson as a "token" last night because of the "number of commas he has in his bank statement" and the only reason he calls himself a republican.
Guess the poster convienently forget about the number of commas in John Edwards', John Kerry's and Ted Kennedy's bank statements.
A doctor isn't as qualified to be in a leadership position than a lawyer or a career politician I suppose.
Any black man who succeeds outside politics, sports, or entertainment damages a stereotype that is crucial to leftwing politics.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#876865 Mar 20, 2013
CBS tells employees 'Get on the scales' or pay more for health insurance
carol

Orlando, FL

#876866 Mar 20, 2013
Just a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like someone's got a new savior, the new gop flavor of the month!!
Look at the history of politics in the country. You will be amused at how similar the rhetoric and entrenched attitudes of 18th century America resembles today. All this is nothing new. It's Political Party Groupthink, the greatest danger of our times. And you suffer from it worse than most. Too many brainwashed people, who scream that the other side is brainwashed while wallowing in their own brand of manipulation. If Americans ever stopped having nasty screaming matches about non-issues they might realize that both parties are made up of rich politicians who are screwing them left and right. But you keep flapping that piehole honey, defending your 'side'! Lol.
Just glad someone like Dr. Carson is not afraid to come right out and say what a lot of us are thinking.

It would be sweet poetic justice, however, if he were to become the next black Republican president.

Then we'd get to call you all racists. Fortunately for you, the majority of conservatives don't stoop that low.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#876867 Mar 20, 2013
Conn. High School Football Players Charged With Rape, 13-Year Old Victim Already Being Harrassed

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/03/20/1195...
carol

Orlando, FL

#876868 Mar 20, 2013
Just a minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like someone's got a new savior, the new gop flavor of the month!!
Look at the history of politics in the country. You will be amused at how similar the rhetoric and entrenched attitudes of 18th century America resembles today. All this is nothing new. It's Political Party Groupthink, the greatest danger of our times. And you suffer from it worse than most. Too many brainwashed people, who scream that the other side is brainwashed while wallowing in their own brand of manipulation. If Americans ever stopped having nasty screaming matches about non-issues they might realize that both parties are made up of rich politicians who are screwing them left and right. But you keep flapping that piehole honey, defending your 'side'! Lol.
Do you think President Obama puts the interests of the nation first or his personal ideology?
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#876869 Mar 20, 2013
NJ raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> He earned his merit the same as President Obama & everybody else that has achieved something in their lifetime. His opinion matters no more than yours or mines. The fact still remains there have been plenty black folks that have grinded their way out of poverty & made something of themselves, some even neurologist! Barack Obama still remains to be the only acknowledged black president! I've always been 1 to give credit where credit is due, which is why I give George W Bush no credit at all! Dr. Ben Carson is definitely credit worry, but you all take his words as long because it caters to your own ideology! Then you use that as some type of bargaining chip 2 black people with whom he doesn't represent witheth his thoughts! Then when we don't agree you use one against the other like the Willie Lynch letter. The date changed, but times are definitely the same!
WRONG.

I respect the WORK of the man. Brain surgery is an impressive vocation.

Mere PoliTICS-not so much (unless someone is actually doing an exceptional job FOR the people, by the People of the People-and mere strong arm demanding, division and destruction does NOT constitute any such thing)

I have no idea what the rest of your incoherent babble is about, nor do I care.

Dr Carson is an impressive speaker and a pleasure to listen to.

do you have a problem with that?

TOO bad -for you, not for those of us who enjoy listening!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#876870 Mar 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, just as economic sanctions are working so well in keeping Iran and North Korea from developing nuclear weapons. After they use the weapons against their neighbors, we can tighten the economic sanctions and then they will really be sorry.
They never learn from history. Just like with Syria. They will fart around trying to be the opposite of Bush till we have a full fledged war all over the middle east and Africa.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#876871 Mar 20, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just glad someone like Dr. Carson is not afraid to come right out and say what a lot of us are thinking.
It would be sweet poetic justice, however, if he were to become the next black Republican president.
Then we'd get to call you all racists. Fortunately for you, the majority of conservatives don't stoop that low.
Carson will never be a GOP candidate for POTUS.

not conservative enough for the base.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#876872 Mar 20, 2013
Target, among others, to start scanning consumers driving license when buying age related products. No license, no booze or cigarettes. Period! Did you think that bar code on the back was just going to be for the DMV?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#876873 Mar 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
oh. so you mean he might not like Obama but he won't lie while he tells you why.
If he's more liberal than conservative, he most certainly will lie. Though not liking Obama is admirable in and of itself, he's way too liberal for me.

It's called principles. Just as I don't compromise on conservative principles, Obama hasn't on Marxist principles. I'm not willing to support anyone just because he's a little less liberal than Obama.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#876874 Mar 20, 2013
interview comments...

I agree with 99% of Dr. Carson's positions. I vehemently disagree with his position on rewarding 20+ million illegal aliens with citizenship. This country desperately needs someone who will restore law and order in this country, not one more person who adjusts existing law to suit their personal agenda/preferences.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/19/ben-carsons...
carol

Orlando, FL

#876875 Mar 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Any black man who succeeds outside politics, sports, or entertainment damages a stereotype that is crucial to leftwing politics.
Sure seems so. Blacks and minorities dependent on government are the real tokens. Democrats only use them for votes and to keep them in power, but no one will ever come right out and say that.

Even though I just did.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#876876 Mar 20, 2013
Dr Carson is a good messenger however, he is not a politician ...which I don't care...but he would be destroyed if he ever ran for office. Sorry, but unless you have ever entered a political race, you don't have a clue how tough it's going to be...I expect Dr Carson is simply selling his book right now and will soon disappear

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/19/ben-carsons...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#876877 Mar 20, 2013
We should not be rushing to put this man pedestal. He is saying all the right things right now,but what do we really know about him....not much? This is how we ended up with Obama! We should be in the trust but verify mode right now.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/19/ben-carsons...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#876878 Mar 20, 2013
flack wrote:
Target, among others, to start scanning consumers driving license when buying age related products. No license, no booze or cigarettes. Period! Did you think that bar code on the back was just going to be for the DMV?
Oh, I forgot to add they will create a customer id number for you that will track your purchases so that they can send product specific advertisement to you based on your purchases.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#876879 Mar 20, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just glad someone like Dr. Carson is not afraid to come right out and say what a lot of us are thinking.
It would be sweet poetic justice, however, if he were to become the next black Republican president.
Then we'd get to call you all racists. Fortunately for you, the majority of conservatives don't stoop that low.
"Despite his academic improvement, Carson still had a violent temper. In his interview with the American Academy of Achievement, he recalled trying to hit his mother over the head with a hammer because of a disagreement over what clothes he should wear. In a dispute with a classmate over a locker, he cut a three-inch gash in the other boy's head. However, at the age of 14, Carson reached a turning point after he nearly stabbed a friend to death because the boy had changed the radio station."

You hypocrites would have called him a thug and Galt would have applauded if a Zimmerman had shot him...and Herman Cain is a cheater who used his position to sexually assault white women...Alan West should have been court martialed, but they're all great guys when you want to attack the president.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#876880 Mar 20, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's more liberal than conservative, he most certainly will lie. Though not liking Obama is admirable in and of itself, he's way too liberal for me.
It's called principles. Just as I don't compromise on conservative principles, Obama hasn't on Marxist principles. I'm not willing to support anyone just because he's a little less liberal than Obama.
liberal?

Here are a few examples of Obama's effective conservatism:

His stimulus bill was half the size that his advisers thought necessary;
He continued Bush’s war and national security policies without change and even retained Bush’s defense secretary;
He put forward a health plan almost identical to those that had been supported by Republicans such as Mitt Romney in the recent past, pointedly rejecting the single-payer option favored by liberals;
He caved to conservative demands that the Bush tax cuts be extended without getting any quid pro quo whatsoever;
And in the past few weeks he has supported deficit reductions that go far beyond those offered by Republicans.

Further evidence can be found in the writings of outspoken liberals such as New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, who has condemned Obama’s conservatism ever since he took office.

Conservatives will, of course, scoff at the idea of Obama being any sort of conservative, just as liberals scoffed at Nixon being any kind of liberal. But with the benefit of historical hindsight, it’s now obvious that Nixon was indeed a moderate liberal in practice. And with the passage of time, it’s increasingly obvious that Clinton was essentially an Eisenhower Republican. It may take 20 years before Obama’s basic conservatism is widely accepted as well, but it’s a fact.

Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2011/07...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#876881 Mar 20, 2013
A 3D-printed moon base baked from lunar dust

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#876884 Mar 20, 2013
Rush is right!!! He's got you progressives scared to death! The man isn't going to run for office. He can do much more out of office than in. Did you know he and his wife sponsor hundreds of scholarships each year? That he was brought up poor? The man is a genius with real accomplishments. Not some carnival backer community organizer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min huntcoyotes 240,979
News Chicago's population decline continues for the ... 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 6
News Thaddeus S. "Ted" Lechowicz, 1938-2009: Cook Co... (Jan '09) 6 hr Jackson Browne 2
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 9 hr Earl 54
An EF-5 tornado would knock the Willis Tower ri... 13 hr Storm guy 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 hr Comrades 105,189
Trump Just Sux 19 hr Old Yellow Dog 5

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages