Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#876093 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I tried to find from what part of the world the name comes from. There is no nationality from what I can tell. He had planned this attack. He did not register from spring semester. They were going to throw him out of the dorm. The prospect that this was a terrorist attack can not be ruled out.
It's a Hindu name but he had grown up in Lake Mary Florida and had attended UCF since 2010. He hadn't any problems at the school until he didn't re register yet continued to live in the dorm. He had a couple of traffic infractions it 2006.

His roommate and others who knew him at school said that he was anti social but not in a scary way.

Looks like his head jumped time eh?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876094 Mar 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
MAP: Which Kills More People in Your State—Cars or Guns?
It's little surprise that many of these states—including Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Utah, and Virginia—are notorious for lax gun laws. What's more, the numbers aren't driven just by "bad guys with guns." Nationally, close to two-thirds of gun deaths are suicides, and the split is much higher in states such as Alaska, which reported more than twice as many gun suicides as traffic deaths in 2010. Utah (the "most depressed" state, whose suicide problem we cover in detail here), Nevada, Oregon, and Washington are also seeing more gun suicides than traffic fatalities. Idaho, Montana, and others are close behind. We'll leave you with this chart showing the most recent nationwide numbers available:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/03/s...
Your state is on there dummy, maybe you'll do the world a favor.
have you seen the study about which states drink the most beer?

seems there's a close correlation between the states you mention.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876095 Mar 19, 2013
Is it really worth rubbing their dumbstick-beaten faces in their own muck every year on this occasion? I take the late Molly Ivins' view from April 29, 2003, barely a month after Shock 'n Awe:

Maybe the American people can be brainwashed into forgetting why we supposedly went to war. Near as I can tell, our national memory span is down to about two weeks, and the media have been spectacularly unskeptical on this issue. But the rest of the world is not going to forget that WMDs were our primary reason for an unprovoked, pre-emptive war.
Neither am I. And I want those fuckers to know I'll never forget it.

http://www.dailykos.com/ #

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#876096 Mar 19, 2013
Finally a wish may be coming true. WalMart is set to build a Neighborhood Market less than a mile from my home. This will allow me to finally buy that golf cart for shopping, going to 7-11, or fast food. I am looking forward to this. The Fresh Pride that was there before was a horrible store. Bad food, high prices, and terrible employees. I drove another mile even if just for one thing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876098 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That is a lot closer to reality than most people think. Most likely will at least be attempted in the next four years. Clinton was going to do it before he got sidelined by the Blue Dress Affair.
The thieves will start with a tax on 401(k) funds above a certain amount, so only the "rich" get screwed and few people care.

Homer will cheer.

(All union pension funds will be exempt, of course.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876099 Mar 19, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is a lawyer whose entire career is based upon bankrupting companies as a vulture capitalist. But, he's white, so, that's alright.
More like rescuing bankrupt companies, but what's the difference?

Easy talk from someone who can't manage anything.
Lincoln

United States

#876100 Mar 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Powell Admits False WMD Claim
It would be a foolish endeavor to call for this Republican Congress to mount a thorough investigation of this Republican administration. But what else is there to do in response to the comments made by Secretary of State Colin Powell this past weekend?
Appearing on Meet the Press, Powell acknowledged--finally!--that he and the Bush administration misled the nation about the WMD threat posed by Iraq before the war. Specifically, he said that he was wrong when he appeared before the UN Security Council on February 5, 2003, and alleged that Iraq had developed mobile laboratories to produce biological weapons. That was one of the more dramatic claims he and the administration used to justify the invasion of Iraq.(Remember the drawings he displayed.) Yet Powell said on MTP, "it turned our that the sourcing was inaccurate and wrong and in some cases, deliberately misleading." Powell did not spell it out, but the main source for this claim was an engineer linked to the Iraqi National Congress, the exile group led by Ahmed Chalabi, who is now part of the Iraqi Governing Council.
Powell noted that he was "comfortable at the time that I made the presentation it reflected the collective judgment, the sound judgment of the intelligence community." In other words, the CIA was scammed by Chalabi's outfit, and it never caught on. So who's been fired over this? After all, the nation supposedly went to war partly due to this intelligence. And partly because of this bad information over 700 Americans and countless Iraqis have lost their lives. Shouldn't someone be held accountable? Maybe CIA chief George Tenet, or his underlings who went for the bait? Or Chalabi's neocon friends and champions at the Pentagon: Paul Wolfowitz, Douglas Feith, Richard Perle? How do they feel about their pal, the great Iraqi leader, now?
For months after the invasion, George W. Bush told the public that he had based his decision to invade Iraq on "good, solid intelligence." Does he still believe that? Has anyone told him that his government was hornswoggled by Chalabi, who was once convicted of massive bank fraud in Jordan.(Since Bush has said he does not read the newspapers or pay much attention to conventional media, he may not have heard about Powell's remarks unless an aide bothered to brief him on them.) And in January, Dick Cheney said that there was "conclusive evidence" that Saddam Hussein had manufactured bioweapons labs on wheels. Is he willing to say he was wrong?
For his part, Chalabi has not shown any regret. In February, he told the London Telegraph, "we are heroes in error....As far as we're concerned, we've been entirely successful. That tyrant Saddam is gone, and the Americans are in Baghdad. What was said before is not important."
http://www.com mondrews04/0518-03.htm
Powell seems a respected man, he was mislead in this instance

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Coldwater, Mi

#876101 Mar 19, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The unions' purpose has come and gone.
The unions' purpose HAS come and gone and instead has evolved into a nationwide and national political machine that funds the democratic party whose members are not all of like mind with the unions. A very bad combination and dangerous to our nations sovereignty.
The UN is the same. IMAO and the Opinions of an overwhelming many as well.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876102 Mar 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Pew: MSNBC Almost Entirely Dominated By Opinion:
http://tinyurl.com/c94ykqv
Rachael Madcow Disease is real, folks, and getting more widespread.
In fairness to MSNBC, the network does not have any shows that pretend to be anything but opinion. The level of propaganda is so intense that no warning label is required.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876103 Mar 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The Azzhole in the White House has his hands down his pants AND in yours now:
Obamacare Taxes Hit All Income Levels: http://tinyurl.com/csbm8nv
Just wait for 2014 when the Obamacare tax avalanche begins.
Lincoln

United States

#876104 Mar 19, 2013
carol wrote:
Gee...even if Hillary Clinton had been the president in 2002...
“In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.”— Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002
How quickly the left forgets.
What did you do during the Spanish-American War?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#876105 Mar 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Yellowcake Uranium Found In Iraq, Bush Was Right! Well, Not So Much
This article from the AP was posted yesterday, reporting the sale and transport of 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium from Iraq to Canada. Some of the leading right wing blogs were quick to hail the find as a significant victory for the Bush administration and proof of Saddam's WMD program, but as Daniel De Groot at Open Left Points out, their celebrations may be a bit premature, if not dishonest:
I noted last night that a supply of uranium from Iraq had been successfully moved to Montreal in secrecy.
If you check into this, you'll quickly find that the uranium a) was not weapons grade and b) was well known to the UN and IAEA and was being stored legally by Saddam's government. It was legally in Iraq according to international law.
I wondered if the right wing echo chamber would use this as "proof" that the WMD claims were true after all. I got even better than I hoped, as not only do they use it that way, but they reveal how dishonest they are by the way they have done this.
Top recommended post at Redstate:
Yellowcake uranium found in Iraq, Saddam's legacy, Bush was right!
Well...not so much.
http://crooksandliars.com/2008/07/06/yellowca...
The US had known about that improperly stored stockpile of low grade yellow cake for years and hazmat crews went directly to that site shortly after the invasion. It took 2 years to remove, repackage and transfer the yellow cake to the port for shipment to Canada who purchased the load for about 10 cents on the dollar.

I don't remember the operation being secret__there were pictures of the site and cleanup in newspapers and on line.

At some point it was learned that some of Saddams purchasing agents didn't have a clue as to what they were purchasing and a few were ripping him off.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876106 Mar 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
The Azzhole in the White House has his hands down his pants AND in yours now:
Obamacare Taxes Hit All Income Levels: http://tinyurl.com/csbm8nv
Wait for the squealing when people are forced to buy insurance that they don't want.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#876107 Mar 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's a Hindu name but he had grown up in Lake Mary Florida and had attended UCF since 2010. He hadn't any problems at the school until he didn't re register yet continued to live in the dorm. He had a couple of traffic infractions it 2006.
His roommate and others who knew him at school said that he was anti social but not in a scary way.
Looks like his head jumped time eh?
It happens. He had it planned where maximum targets were in a closed environment. With the bombs he could have taken out a lot of people. The question I have is why didn't he go ahead and carry out his plan. It's apparent he planned to die. Why just kill yourself? Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he did without hurting someone else. But, for the most park, there seems to be a destruct program running when things don't go as planned.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876108 Mar 19, 2013
Sherlock wrote:
<quoted text> lily?
Good possibility!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#876109 Mar 19, 2013
lily waxman raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> lily loves the race card
The race card is the only card in lily's deck.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#876110 Mar 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In fairness to MSNBC, the network does not have any shows that pretend to be anything but opinion. The level of propaganda is so intense that no warning label is required.
just like FOX.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#876111 Mar 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The thieves will start with a tax on 401(k) funds above a certain amount, so only the "rich" get screwed and few people care.
Homer will cheer.
(All union pension funds will be exempt, of course.)
That's why I've never had a 401(k) or IRA. I keep very little cash in any bank. Never trusted them. Got that from my grandpa.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#876112 Mar 19, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> The US had known about that improperly stored stockpile of low grade yellow cake for years and hazmat crews went directly to that site shortly after the invasion. It took 2 years to remove, repackage and transfer the yellow cake to the port for shipment to Canada who purchased the load for about 10 cents on the dollar.
I don't remember the operation being secret__there were pictures of the site and cleanup in newspapers and on line.
At some point it was learned that some of Saddams purchasing agents didn't have a clue as to what they were purchasing and a few were ripping him off.
It didn't have to be high grade for a dirty bomb. Just sayin'. If you consider the panic with the anthrax scare. Could you imagine the widespread chaos that a dirty bomb exploding in New York City would have. Even if the explosion was more dangerous than the yellow cake?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#876113 Mar 19, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It happens. He had it planned where maximum targets were in a closed environment. With the bombs he could have taken out a lot of people. The question I have is why didn't he go ahead and carry out his plan. It's apparent he planned to die. Why just kill yourself? Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he did without hurting someone else. But, for the most park, there seems to be a destruct program running when things don't go as planned.
Fast police response? He was 30 years old; kind of old to be in a dorm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Agents of Corruption 52,380
Amy 3-30-15 14 min Kuuipo 35
Abby 3-30-15 25 min RACE 11
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques Ottawa 185,930
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr x-ray 71,702
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr taroB 69,316
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr CDC 51,885
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]