Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1279027 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#875625 Mar 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
See Republicans allow a loop hole for the wealthy to close only if they can take the food off the table of some poor kid by cutting food stamps for his parents and you'll know learn how the right values life once it is born.
How about the parents getting a job, difficult as that is in the Obama Depression, and feeding their own kids?
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#875628 Mar 18, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, jus' callin''em as I see 'em, jimbob. She's not quite at your level of stoopid, she's just kind of dumb in a mundane way. You're a deep-water kind of stoopid. Like you, I don't think poor l'il "shovelhead" knows if she wants to be a big, bad, self-reliant pagan mama, or if she wants to hoard canned peas and prepare for the coming famine/nuclear holocaust/takeover by "dark people," blah, blah, blah.
Isn't it really time you died already? I mean, what are you hanging around for? Are you expecting anything interesting to happen anymore? You're going to be sorely disappointed -- kind of like Mrs. jimmy, when she first caught you "roughing up the suspect."
Hillbilly lily, for sure.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#875629 Mar 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold on, Flack!
If women get paid maternity leave, why not paid paternity leave for men?
And draft the damn women!
Yep! They give men six months paternity leave over there in France right along with the women. Don't believe in the draft but draft one draft all says I!!!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#875630 Mar 18, 2013
carol wrote:
The movie, The Nativity, was the most accurate depiction of biblical times and Jesus' true heritage.
He definitely looked Jewish. And I mean Jewish in the Middle Eastern sense.
And yes, my pretend namesake, you won't find any historical scholar who denies Jesus' existence.
If you do, they're out of the mainstream and wrong.
Global Warming is mainstream thinking, just sayin'

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#875631 Mar 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the parents getting a job, difficult as that is in the Obama Depression, and feeding their own kids?
Another right whiner blaming Obama for the Bush recession. Typical.

Especially love the way you right whiners punish little children for their parents not finding jobs in an economy that the Republicans destroyed under Bush.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#875632 Mar 18, 2013
Market back up over 14,500, Flack won't get his dream come true (flashpoint) today. Those analysts who actually understand how the various markets affect one another are thinking that the DOW will top 15,000 this summer and may go as as high as 15,750 before it levels off.

The real estate market sks, savings accounts are no place to put ones money__the stock market is just about the only game in town.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#875633 Mar 18, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no evidence that Jesus (Horus) ever existed, you lame-brained b!tch. And the Romans were crazy about meticulous records of who they nailed up. They had to invent him to "die for your sins." Everything you people do is by proxy. And only your mythological Devil doesn't lie -- so your God booted him out of your cheezy "Heaben." Or that's the story, huh, you clownish fat b!tch?
To be fair Carol's alter ego, there is the possibility the Romans would have kept no record of him as he would have been seen as a martyr and that's the last thing they needed on their hands.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#875634 Mar 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the parents getting a job, difficult as that is in the Obama Depression, and feeding their own kids?
here's another fear for liberals: two parents who have finished high school, married and then had a child!!!! that was what Bloomberg is now promoting in NYC and the libs are besides themselves with shock and horror. meanwhile, NYC taxpayers pay well into the millions for baby mamas who can't get along with their own baby mama and want their own apartments.

'New York mayor Michael Bloomberg has drawn the ire of the poverty-industrial complex for launching a gutsy ad campaign against teen pregnancy. Posters in thousands of bus shelters and subways show tiny tots bewailing the bad news about teen pregnancy.“Because you had me as a teen,” cries one,“I’m twice as likely not to graduate high school.” Other stressed-out toddlers warn of the financial burdens their unwed mothers will face and the near certainty that their fathers won’t stick around. One little sage identifies the simplest way to avoid poverty: graduate from high school, get a job, and wait until marriage before having a child.

These are all incontrovertible facts that social science has known for decades but that professors and politicians have not dared inject into the public sphere. And the reason for their reticence is fully on display in the advocacy world’s reaction to the ad campaign. Like clockwork, Planned Parenthood of New York put out a press release blasting the ads for “stigmatizing” teen parents.'
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#875635 Mar 18, 2013
STOP AMNESTY FOR LIARS AND THIEVES - MELT THE PHONE LINES IN DC

Illegal aliens steal jobs that belong to Americans; 11.5 MILLION jobs are held by individuals who have no right to be on U.S. soil, much less jobs. You don't reward their lawlessness, you deport them.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd579.ht...

CONTACT YOUR REPS.

http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
HOPE-WOW-COC-TRU TH-HEMLOC

Bronx, NY

#875637 Mar 18, 2013
The New Propaganda is Liberal. The New Slavery is Digital,What is modern propaganda? For many, it is the lies of a totalitarian state. In the 1970s, I met Leni Riefenstahl and asked her about her epic films that glorified the Nazis. Using revolutionary camera and lighting techniques, she produced a documentary form that mesmerized Germans; her ‘Triumph of the Will’ cast Hitler’s spell.

She told me that the “messages” of her films were dependent not on “orders from above,” but on the “submissive void” of the German public. Did that include the liberal, educated bourgeoisie?“Everyone,” she said.

Today, we prefer to believe that there is no submissive void.“Choice” is ubiquitous. Phones are “platforms” that launch every half-thought. There is Google from outer space if you need it. Caressed like rosary beads, the precious devices are borne heads-down, relentlessly monitored and prioritised. Their dominant theme is the self. Me. My needs. Riefenstahl’s submissive void is today’s digital slavery.

Edward Said described this wired state in ‘Culture and Imperialism’ as taking imperialism where navies could never reach. It is the ultimate means of social control because it is voluntary, addictive and shrouded in illusions of personal freedom.

Cont...
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#875638 Mar 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya gotta get with the times.
Nobody really works any more.
Just get on the payroll and collect the goodies.
Yes...that does seem to the case at times.
Kinda sad...when you work harder and harder, but to many
people in the wagon and no enough people left to pull
the wagon.

Kinda think its time to tell the lazy slackers to get
the hell out and start pulling for a darn change.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#875639 Mar 18, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Global Warming is mainstream thinking, just sayin'
Herd thinking.
HOPE-WOW-COC-TRU TH-HEMLOC

Bronx, NY

#875641 Mar 18, 2013
cont;Today’s “message” of grotesque inequality, social injustice and war is the propaganda of liberal democracies. By any measure of human behavior, this is extremism. When Hugo Chavez challenged it, he was abused in bad faith; and his successor will be subverted by the same zealots of the American Enterprise Institute, Harvard’s Kennedy School and the “human rights” organisations that have appropriated American liberalism and underpin its propaganda. The historian Norman Pollack calls this “liberal fascism.” He wrote,“All is normality on display. For [Nazi] goose-steppers, substitute the seemingly more innocuous militarization of the total culture. And for the bombastic leader, we have the reformer manque, blithely at work [in the White House], planning and executing assassination, smiling all the while.”

Whereas a generation ago, dissent and biting satire were allowed in the “mainstream,” today their counterfeits are acceptable and a fake moral zeitgeist rules.“Identity” is all, mutating feminism and declaring class obsolete. Just as collateral damage covers for mass murder,“austerity” has become an acceptable lie. Beneath the veneer of consumerism, a quarter of Greater Manchester is reported to be living in “extreme poverty.”

The militarist violence perpetrated against hundreds of thousands of nameless men, women and children by “our” governments is never a crime against humanity. Interviewing Tony Blair 10 years on from his criminal invasion of Iraq, the BBC’s Kirsty Wark gifted him a moment he could only dream of. She allowed Blair to agonise over his “difficult” decision rather than call him to account for the monumental lies and bloodbath he launched. One is reminded of Albert Speer.

Hollywood has returned to its cold war role, led by liberals. Ben Affleck’s Oscar-winning ‘Argo’ is the first feature film so integrated into the propaganda system that its subliminal warning of Iran’s “threat” is offered as Obama is preparing, yet again, to attack Iran. That Affleck’s “true story” of good-guys-vs-bad-Muslims is as much a fabrication as Obama’s justification for his war plans is lost in PR-managed plaudits. As the independent critic Andrew O’Hehir points out,‘Argo’ is “a propaganda movie in the truest sense, one that claims to be innocent of all ideology.” That is, it debases the art of film-making to reflect an image of the power it serves.

The true story is that, for 34 years, the US foreign policy elite have seethed with revenge for the loss of the shah of Iran, their beloved tyrant, and his CIA-designed state of torture. When Iranian students occupied the US embassy in Tehran in 1979, they found a trove of incriminating documents, which revealed that an Israeli spy network was operating inside the US, stealing top scientific and military secrets. Today, the duplicitous Zionist ally – not Iran – is the one and only nuclear threat in the Middle East.

In 1977, Carl Bernstein, famed for his Watergate reporting, disclosed that more than 400 journalists and executives of mostly liberal US media organizations had worked for the CIA in the past 25 years. They included journalists from the New York Times, Time, and the big TV broadcasters. These days, such a formal nefarious workforce is quite unnecessary. In 2010, the New York Times made no secret of its collusion with the White House in censoring the WikiLeaks war logs. The CIA has an “entertainment industry liaison office” that helps producers and directors remake its image from that of a lawless gang that assassinates, overthrows governments and runs drugs. As Obama’s CIA commits multiple murder by drone, Affleck lauds the “clandestine service… that is making sacrifices on behalf of Americans every day… I want to thank them very much.” The 2010 Oscar-winner Kathryn Bigelow’s Zero Dark Thirty, a torture-apology, was all but licensed by the Pentagon.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#875642 Mar 18, 2013
Patriot wrote:
STOP AMNESTY FOR LIARS AND THIEVES - MELT THE PHONE LINES IN DC
Illegal aliens steal jobs that belong to Americans; 11.5 MILLION jobs are held by individuals who have no right to be on U.S. soil, much less jobs. You don't reward their lawlessness, you deport them.
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd579.ht...
CONTACT YOUR REPS.
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
Hah, LMAO the (R) politicians finally agree on 11 million and the loons start running the number back for effect.

Hows that Louisiana sinkhole coming along?

Oh and what about the rancid burps bubbling up from California's Salton Sea? Did you know that poster Galt lives just over the hill from there?
The Slayer

Findlay, OH

#875645 Mar 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yep! They give men six months paternity leave over there in France right along with the women. Don't believe in the draft but draft one draft all says I!!!
The draft is a needed tool in the event of a large war, like
WW11.
But only men should be drafted, not women.

I do not agree with social engineering in the Armed Forces.
Moving women more and more into combat roles...bad idea
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#875646 Mar 18, 2013
Realtime wrote:
Market back up over 14,500, Flack won't get his dream come true (flashpoint) today. Those analysts who actually understand how the various markets affect one another are thinking that the DOW will top 15,000 this summer and may go as as high as 15,750 before it levels off.
The real estate market sks, savings accounts are no place to put ones money__the stock market is just about the only game in town.
That's what they all said in the dot.com boom

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/technolog...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#875648 Mar 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right whiner blaming Obama for the Bush recession. Typical.
Especially love the way you right whiners punish little children for their parents not finding jobs in an economy that the Republicans destroyed under Bush.
RealDave Obama’s starting his 5th year as President the Economy in the Tank Hope and Change has wither on the vine, but Dave can you tell us once again the Story how’s it’s Bush’s Fault!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#875649 Mar 18, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>here's another fear for liberals: two parents who have finished high school, married and then had a child!!!! that was what Bloomberg is now promoting in NYC and the libs are besides themselves with shock and horror. meanwhile, NYC taxpayers pay well into the millions for baby mamas who can't get along with their own baby mama and want their own apartments.
'New York mayor Michael Bloomberg has drawn the ire of the poverty-industrial complex for launching a gutsy ad campaign against teen pregnancy. Posters in thousands of bus shelters and subways show tiny tots bewailing the bad news about teen pregnancy.“Because you had me as a teen,” cries one,“I’m twice as likely not to graduate high school.” Other stressed-out toddlers warn of the financial burdens their unwed mothers will face and the near certainty that their fathers won’t stick around. One little sage identifies the simplest way to avoid poverty: graduate from high school, get a job, and wait until marriage before having a child.
These are all incontrovertible facts that social science has known for decades but that professors and politicians have not dared inject into the public sphere. And the reason for their reticence is fully on display in the advocacy world’s reaction to the ad campaign. Like clockwork, Planned Parenthood of New York put out a press release blasting the ads for “stigmatizing” teen parents.'
Another fallacy of the liberal mindset is that everybody should get a college education.

The results is millions of kids piling up massive debt getting worthless degrees from third-rate diploma mills so that they can compete for jobs that do not require a college degree.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#875650 Mar 18, 2013
The Slayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...that does seem to the case at times.
Kinda sad...when you work harder and harder, but to many
people in the wagon and no enough people left to pull
the wagon.
Kinda think its time to tell the lazy slackers to get
the hell out and start pulling for a darn change.
Problem is that they will never pull the wagon as long as someone else is willing.

So maybe it's time to take a seat and let them pull the wagon or starve.
HOPE-WOW-COC-TRU TH-HEMLOC

Bronx, NY

#875651 Mar 18, 2013
No CHANGE ONLY HOPE FOR A HONEST POLITICIAN BUT THEY ALL LIE Ten Years Ago and Today: A Warfare State of Mind
A just-released report,“Iraq War Among World’s Worst Events,” provides a cogent summary of devastation so extensive and terrible that readers will be challenged to not turn away. In the report, David Swanson offers a 10-year overview of human consequences of moral turpitude for which no American official or propagandist has been held accountable.

Ten years after the invasion of Iraq, don’t expect the vast numbers of media hotshots and U.S. officials who propelled that catastrophe to utter a word of regret. Many are busy with another project: assisting the push for war on Iran.

Days ago, speaking of possible actions against Iran, President Obama told an Israeli TV reporter:“I continue to keep all options on the table.” Earlier this month, Vice President Biden told AIPAC’s annual conference that the president “is not bluffing.” Biden said “all options, including military force, are on the table.” Those statements are similar to the threats from President Bush and Vice President Cheney before the invasion of Iraq.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Jacques in Orleans 197,254
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 min Mothra 54,631
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 56 min TRD 70,163
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Red_Forman 6,450
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 9 hr El Diablo 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr David Morrison 100,682
abby 9-4-15 17 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages