Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 40,268)

Showing posts 805,341 - 805,360 of1,071,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you flirting with me, MR. MANN, cause I'm pretty good at picking up subliminals! Not that I'm entirely adverse to your doing so, but could you please send me some particulars? I just wonder if you're anywhere near my area code, as these IP's are big liars I've found. I know you seem to be liberal, but being the even-handed person I am, I won't penalize you for that, as long as you're up to snuff in other departments and are not on the grift as I don't need any more of those. Don't worry about spelling and grammar either -- I'm obviously no nazi in that department -- even if I did once teach, years ago, as you know. Yes, I am married, but I'm a confirmed WINO (wife in name only), as he sleeps most of the time when he's not yelling at the TV.
first of all, tell the old man to quit watching FOX before he has a nervous breakdown.

second of all, did you see the picture on that site of the guy rubbing the pussycat? not so subliminal considering i have VERY large hands!
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recall Carol ever sharing where or when she taught beyond perhaps in vague terms__she was also a nurse at some point.
Her and hubby moved to Orlando from the Lakeland area at least five years ago__she's been on topix at least that long.
She's also apparently unaware that there are no longer food stamps but electronic cards that can easily be traced.
If you think I'm going to indulge that kind of specific information on a forum like this, you're obviously not as smart as you want us to believe you are.

Besides, your assumptions are wrong.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not. But does that mean you believe abuses in the entitlement programs are nonexistent?
oh lord woman. you can't use food stamps to go to the gym.

but you can do this....

http://www.silversneakers.com/

or rather; you probably should do that since someone else will be paying for it.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

So, um, now that you're blonde may I nuzzle some of that Irish gold of yours? I didn't realize it was St Patrick's Day, and now that I know, I'm driven to find a beautiful redhead to share me Lucky Charms with...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all, tell the old man to quit watching FOX before he has a nervous breakdown.
second of all, did you see the picture on that site of the guy rubbing the pussycat? not so subliminal considering i have VERY large hands!
I didn't see it? But I'd certainly like to...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, sure she does, dumb carol. She says that Paul Revere went riding through New Hampshire while firing a musket over his head telling the British that "we" weren't giving up our second amendment rights...was that all she said, dumb historian?
She also said that Africa was a country; she could see Russia from her porch; abstinence only was the best way to go for her never married reality-tv-sucking-never-marri ed teen daughter and her son that filed for divorce after nineteen months of marriage and a seventeen month old son...dumb carol family values?
Well, other than you quoting the propagandists who misquoted Palin, at least she wasn't running for the presidency and declared there were 60 states in the union.

"I've been to 57 so far with one to go not including Alaska and Hawaii..."

That adds up to 60.

Again, if it makes you feel better to sit in judgment of others who are just as human as yourself, go right ahead.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"gopidiots"
Hyped manufactured issues? You mean like the main stream media harping president nobama's doom and gloom resulting from the sequester? You know extra long lines at airports, thousand upon thousands of lay offs, children going hungry, schools cutting back? Actually all we have noted is thousands of illegal criminal immigrants released and school kids tours of the White house cancelled.
Peace
KMA
I don't know, Ed, I often think I'm standing in front of a precipice myself... there could be something to it? You know, Ed, I'm reminded of the Titanic for some reason? Probably because I am very lonely and have always had a crush on Leonardo DiCaprio? In any event, it took 2 hours or so for the ship to sink. I'm willing to bet the guys on the upper decks didn't think they were going to fall in the water and freeze to death initially...

"Nice night out tonight, Reince."
"Yes, Newt, it is, lovely. The boat does seem to be listing a little though... ever since we felt that bump about an hour ago..."
"Don't worry about it, Reince, the band's still playing isn't it? What could go wrong?"

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know me anymore than I know you. But you're the one between the two of us who is arrogant enough to sit in judgment.
There's probably a pretty big stone nearby if you want to be the first one to get in the first shot.
In 5:21 and 22 Jesus says, "For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. You have heard that it was said to the men of old,'You shall not kill; and whoever kills shall be liable to judgment.' But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says,‘Thou fool,’ shall be in danger of Hell fire.”

I'm just quoting from the red print...I read the book.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I just couldn't bring myself to listen to that screech owl and whiner, already know what they're going to say. Same old hateful crap to keep the red blood boiling of Morans like we have on here. Thought provoking!!
Thoughts of what?
"silly"
Diversity is a good thing. You know a difference of opinion. Thoughts of their own. Quite unlike the liberalloonuts who walk in lock step with president nobama. The ones who believe in higher taxes, more government spending, more debt, more hand outs.
Peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap I just saw your new picture. I knew it'd come to this, you bleached your hair! What were you thinking? I know, I know, you've had a little trouble reestablishing the ol' magic after the baby but I feel you're going too far to appease him. Men are all the same except when they're not. Well, I take a certain amount of comfort in knowing the rug is still red... it is, isn't it?
No, no, sweetness, it's just a clip for St Paddy's...ya' know, corned beef/green beer/blond hair/what-ev, Erin go braless and all that jazz...
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know me anymore than I know you. But you're the one between the two of us who is arrogant enough to sit in judgment.
There's probably a pretty big stone nearby if you want to be the first one to get in the first shot.
Oh, come on, carol, how are we going to do this if you're constantly setting us up? For a start, who is she between? The two of us? Arrogance is a big word, dear, and, "sitting in judgement" sounds a lot like... well.. everything you say, frankly. Let me try and explain, carol, and frankly, I am boiling over with the desire to part some red, hairy pudenda with my tongue, after I dye it green - which I'm doing right now so you and your idiotic nonsense is low on my priority list just now. Anyways, all you do in here, and, I'd bet at home and at work, is to sit in judgement. Want me to list the times just this morning you've done that? Pretty much alllllllll you do is judge others, that's why they hate you and make fun of you... all of you in fact.

You see no contradiction between the unwavering judgement of others and then criticizing those very same people for judging you. Doesn't seem to lend much credence to you "biblical" analogies. You should probably rethink yourself. Ourselves.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, other than you quoting the propagandists who misquoted Palin, at least she wasn't running for the presidency and declared there were 60 states in the union.
"I've been to 57 so far with one to go not including Alaska and Hawaii..."
That adds up to 60.
Again, if it makes you feel better to sit in judgment of others who are just as human as yourself, go right ahead.
Right, dumb carol, people making a lot of speeches do sometimes make slips of the tongue, but Palin doubles down on hers, ""What have you seen so far today?" She was asked (apparently - no full video of the moment has surfaced) by one of those reporters who'd been along for the ride. "And what have you taken from your visit?"

"We saw where Paul Revere hung out as a teenager, which was something new to learn. He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed."

I noticed you also ignored the Palin family values, but I guess we all know why.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No, no, sweetness, it's just a clip for St Paddy's...ya' know, corned beef/green beer/blond hair/what-ev, Erin go braless and all that jazz...
It's the principal of the thing! Braless? I'm not sure you've noticed but I like to give you red colored judgits. these are in lieu of kisses because of my having discovered the complete MYTH of there being gold at the end of the rainbow. Married? A child? Surely to GOD you've got to be pretty horny by now!
Stoneman

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. You were biased.
You're a weakling.
Abuses happen because wimps like you are brave on the internet, but spineless in life.
What good would it have done? It would have brought their attention to the values they were teaching their children. It may have made a difference.
I have had those conversations, but then I actually CARE
about my students, and who they grow up to be.
If a student has an I Phone, then Mom can afford $2.00 for lunch every day.
Who's the weakling? Who needs gubbermint to provide health care? Who cowers in fear of Evil Corporations? Who needs gubbermint to punish achievers so that they can feel better about being a loser?

Who can't get up in the morning without blaming The Man (usually a bald, middle-aged white guy driving an SUV) for their lack of work ethic?

You don't get the point, but that's not surprising. We should try shorter words when responding to you. You and your fellow losers (like the Harley guy at my office, who I have spoken to about it REPEATEDLY) takes free stuff from the gubbermint BECAUSE YOU CAN. And since you aren't encumbered with a pesky thing like DIGNITY you are more than willing to stick your hand out even if you don't need it. Why pay for your kids'$2.00 lunch if you can get it for free? All you have to do is fill out the forms so that your live-in breeder-mama girlfriend appears as a "single mother" with no income, or have your checks directed to a PO box in another town so that the breeder LOOKS like an abandoned mother.

Do you honestly think 25% of public school kids NEED the gubbermint to buy their lunches or do 25% of kids get the freebies so that mama can buy an extra six pack on Friday?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol the Colorado District Attorneys' Council, Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Colorado Office of the Public Defender all agree Jessica's Law isn't necessary. Colorado law has a life sentence for sexual assault against a child and Jessica's Law only mandates a 25 year sentence.
O'Reilly is a blowhard and a bully who has a meltdown whenever someone doesn't cower before him. O'Reilly was using this issue to attack the Colorado House Speakers sexual orientation.
Why shouldn't all of Colorado's citizens have equal rights under the law?
Marijuana laws are a ridiculous waste of law enforcement resources.
Speed traps are a ridiculous waste of law enforcement resources.

Traffic checkpoints are a ridiculous waste of law enforcement resources.

Parking laws are a ridiculous waste of law enforcement resources.

The IRS is a ridiculous waste of law enforcement resources.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think I'm going to indulge that kind of specific information on a forum like this, you're obviously not as smart as you want us to believe you are.
Besides, your assumptions are wrong.
Indulge? LMAO

The real Carol has indulged beaucoup personal information on this and other threads__I know that it's been a while since she taught school but I'm not sure how many years.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah about as thought provoking as this troll ridden thread has become.
She did manage to cover every right wing non-issue in sound byte form however and she only got lost twice that I noticed. She's got a terrific speech writer__she had the half wits foaming at the mouth.
Rand Paul won the straw poll and he identifies himself as a libertarian. The Republican party is in deep sht with the next national election less than 20 months away.
Really?

There is almost no chance that the Republicans will lose control of the House in 2014, meaning that Obama will be crippled for the balance of his current term.

Republicans are almost sure to gain ground in the Senate in 2014, although gaining control will be a challenge.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Stoneman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's the weakling? Who needs gubbermint to provide health care? Who cowers in fear of Evil Corporations? Who needs gubbermint to punish achievers so that they can feel better about being a loser?
Who can't get up in the morning without blaming The Man (usually a bald, middle-aged white guy driving an SUV) for their lack of work ethic?
You don't get the point, but that's not surprising. We should try shorter words when responding to you. You and your fellow losers (like the Harley guy at my office, who I have spoken to about it REPEATEDLY) takes free stuff from the gubbermint BECAUSE YOU CAN. And since you aren't encumbered with a pesky thing like DIGNITY you are more than willing to stick your hand out even if you don't need it. Why pay for your kids'$2.00 lunch if you can get it for free? All you have to do is fill out the forms so that your live-in breeder-mama girlfriend appears as a "single mother" with no income, or have your checks directed to a PO box in another town so that the breeder LOOKS like an abandoned mother.
Do you honestly think 25% of public school kids NEED the gubbermint to buy their lunches or do 25% of kids get the freebies so that mama can buy an extra six pack on Friday?
Speaking of a lack of "dignity"...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
The republicans met the president halfway in his "balanced approach" in January by raising taxes on the wealthy in return for his promise to make specific cuts in the budget which both sides could agree on.
He reneged on that promise, signed the sequestration act so he could blame republicans in anticipation of having a political advantage and now wants to increase taxes again with still no cuts on the table.
Hello?
But Obama lost that battle because nobody cares about sequestration.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
School lunch programs aren't run by the federal government. Your continued covetous thoughts about the less fortunate are petty and disgusting.
School lunch programs are so constrained by federal guidelines that they are effectively run by the federal government, increasing costs. Some school districts that do not receive large federal subsidies are opting out of the program to save money and avoid wasting federally-dictated food that the children refuse to est.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 805,341 - 805,360 of1,071,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Lord Hater 45,442
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 min andet1987 388
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min LRS 173,564
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 1 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 1 hr hands on AR 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Toj 97,431
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••