Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
805,261 - 805,280 of 1,085,048 Comments Last updated 31 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I just couldn't bring myself to listen to that screech owl and whiner, already know what they're going to say. Same old hateful crap to keep the red blood boiling of Morans like we have on here. Thought provoking!!
Thoughts of what?
It's not so much hateful as exposing the status quo.

Palin just isn't your typical politician or public speaker.

If you can get past her delivery, she actually has something to say.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason these abuses are so rampant and take place right under our noses is because there's no way the federal government can keep track of them all.
Yet, the federal government is now going to manage the nation's health care and give even more money to entitlement programs.
It's going to have to get a lot worse before it can start geting better, I'm afraid.
School lunch programs aren't run by the federal government. Your continued covetous thoughts about the less fortunate are petty and disgusting.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
The republicans met the president halfway in his "balanced approach" in January by raising taxes on the wealthy in return for his promise to make specific cuts in the budget which both sides could agree on.
He reneged on that promise, signed the sequestration act so he could blame republicans in anticipation of having a political advantage and now wants to increase taxes again with still no cuts on the table.
Hello?
remind me, who passed the Sequestration act in the House?
who voted for the Sequestration act in the senate?

before President Obama signed the Sequestration Act, I do believe it had to pass in Congress first.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not so much hateful as exposing the status quo.
Palin just isn't your typical politician or public speaker.
If you can get past her delivery, she actually has something to say.
What ?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"It is now being reported"??? Passive/aggressive, racist dumb carol hides behind passive voice to lie and besmear. Just HOW did YOU know that most of the BLACK neighborhood was on welfare? You loony ol' biddies really crack me up...
A black Republican said food stamps are reportedly being used for fitness center memberships.

I couldn't find a source backing this up either but sometimes the truth just takes time to emerge into the mainstream.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
remind me, who passed the Sequestration act in the House?
who voted for the Sequestration act in the senate?
before President Obama signed the Sequestration Act, I do believe it had to pass in Congress first.
H.R. 5872 would require the President to submit to Congress a detailed preview of the sequestration required by the Budget Control Act and how the required spending cuts are to be implemented. Specifically, this bill would require the president to submit a report to Congress within 30 days of enactment that includes an estimate of the sequestration percentages and amounts necessary to achieve the required reduction for each spending category.

As the CBO has stated,“the Administration's Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has sole authority to determine whether a sequestration is required and, if so, the proportional allocations of any necessary cuts.”

http://www.gop.gov/bill/112/2/hr5872

If you want to know what the House proposed to avoid sequestration:

http://budget.house.gov/reconciliation/

If you want to know what the President proposed to avoid sequestion:

http://-------
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
School lunch programs aren't run by the federal government. Your continued covetous thoughts about the less fortunate are petty and disgusting.
Ditch the designer clothes and expensive sneakers and we'll talk about covetous thoughts about the less fortunate.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What ?
Just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, hateful speech is in the ear of the listener, I suppose.

You'd have to be more specific about what Palin said that could be considered hate speech.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
The republicans met the president halfway in his "balanced approach" in January by raising taxes on the wealthy in return for his promise to make specific cuts in the budget which both sides could agree on.
He reneged on that promise, signed the sequestration act so he could blame republicans in anticipation of having a political advantage and now wants to increase taxes again with still no cuts on the table.
Hello?
Simpleton
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A black Republican said food stamps are reportedly being used for fitness center memberships.
I couldn't find a source backing this up either but sometimes the truth just takes time to emerge into the mainstream.
it was Herman Cain, on FOX, who 'heard' it from some other 'black republican'.

so, as usual, it will never emerge into the mainstream.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditch the designer clothes and expensive sneakers and we'll talk about covetous thoughts about the less fortunate.
Just the fact that you are noticing what they are wearing is covetous. Didnt you learn the 10 commandments at your church!?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the fact that some of my students were receiving free lunches and wearing designer clothes and sneakers is still about priorities and using the taxpayers' money wisely.
Nothing to do with racism.
Just smug self-righteousness, eh?

Due to their father's refusin to pay child support, and subsequently absconding to another state, my family was eligible for 265 dollars in food stamps per month for just under two years. My kids' school clothes came from thrift stores, where a smart shopper can often rejuvenate an entire school-year wardrobe (much of it 'designer') for under a hundred bucks, including the shoes. Gee, I'm sorry - I forgot I was supposed to dress them in rags, to conform to your stereotypical prejudices, simply because my situation warranted participation in a program for which MY tax dollars (and I payed self-employment rates, by the way) were also used.

You know what Carol? You can shove that smug superiority complex right back up your anal canal where it belongs.

Nice to know you begrudged my kids the food they got at school, and the meals I paid for with food stamps, you typical Christian you.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions why you think the present economic woes fall squarely on the House GOP:

~Because the GOP wouldn't toe the line and do Obama's bidding when he didn't meet with them for two years?
~Because Obama was in front of cameras marginalizing republicans when senate democrats hadn't come up with a budget in four years?
~Because the proposed budgets and reforms by the GOP weren't considered a starting point for compromise or even taken up for a vote in the Senate?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

The above post and questions were meant for GOPIdiots, by the way.

But anyone is welcomed to respond.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

*refusing*
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just the fact that you are noticing what they are wearing is covetous. Didnt you learn the 10 commandments at your church!?
Again, Lily, when you see the same students from all backgrounds every single day and some are wearing second-hand clothes every single day and bringing bagged lunches every single day and then see one or two who look like they just walked out of the Macy's Children's Department on the free lunch list, you can't help but make this observation.

I do have eyes you know.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find Kosher chocolate on your grocery shelves, with all the other ethic products, MR. MAN! And I certainly DON'T approve of salty language even if you MIGHT be trying to get these older freedom fighters to cut back a little on the self-abuse. It clouds up the mind, you know, keeping your eye off the ball, and putting you in the path of an oncoming train if you're not paying attention.
so you don't like cats?
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

This Headline so true… Obama’s:’ White House 'open to rich, closed to poor' The People’s house has been close to Poor/Middle Class, but’ Open ‘ if you donate 500.000 to Obama not only do you get access but a seat at the table that’s the… Chicago Way!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why can't you say you were standing behind a mother? How do you know that the jacket may have been a gift from his grandparents? How do you know your coworkers children receive free lunch? There is an income requirement that a family must fall under, why do you focus on the poor and dissect everything they have and do? You think poor people shouldn't have tv? Or cars or computers?
You are a sick,covetous loser with too much time on your hands if you are stalking peop,e in 7-11. Get a life.
Have you ever thought that the private jets that Exxon Mobil executives fly are possible because they pay no taxes?
Keep looking at the poor kids jacket or donut you idiot. It's the schtick that they've handed to dummies like you, to keep you busy being hateful to the poor while they are raping this country and laughing at fools like you and Carol and the rest of the merry band of Morans
Exxon/Mobile paid $28.8 billion in taxes worldwide in 2012. It paid $1.5 billion to the US federal government in 2012.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

Fox News Forgets That GOP Supported The Sequester

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/02/07/fox-n...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••