Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#875059 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditch the designer clothes and expensive sneakers and we'll talk about covetous thoughts about the less fortunate.
Just the fact that you are noticing what they are wearing is covetous. Didnt you learn the 10 commandments at your church!?

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#875061 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the fact that some of my students were receiving free lunches and wearing designer clothes and sneakers is still about priorities and using the taxpayers' money wisely.
Nothing to do with racism.
Just smug self-righteousness, eh?

Due to their father's refusin to pay child support, and subsequently absconding to another state, my family was eligible for 265 dollars in food stamps per month for just under two years. My kids' school clothes came from thrift stores, where a smart shopper can often rejuvenate an entire school-year wardrobe (much of it 'designer') for under a hundred bucks, including the shoes. Gee, I'm sorry - I forgot I was supposed to dress them in rags, to conform to your stereotypical prejudices, simply because my situation warranted participation in a program for which MY tax dollars (and I payed self-employment rates, by the way) were also used.

You know what Carol? You can shove that smug superiority complex right back up your anal canal where it belongs.

Nice to know you begrudged my kids the food they got at school, and the meals I paid for with food stamps, you typical Christian you.
carol

Orlando, FL

#875062 Mar 17, 2013
I'm still waiting for you to answer my questions why you think the present economic woes fall squarely on the House GOP:

~Because the GOP wouldn't toe the line and do Obama's bidding when he didn't meet with them for two years?
~Because Obama was in front of cameras marginalizing republicans when senate democrats hadn't come up with a budget in four years?
~Because the proposed budgets and reforms by the GOP weren't considered a starting point for compromise or even taken up for a vote in the Senate?
carol

Orlando, FL

#875064 Mar 17, 2013
The above post and questions were meant for GOPIdiots, by the way.

But anyone is welcomed to respond.

“searching myself”

Since: Sep 09

In Charming CA

#875065 Mar 17, 2013
*refusing*
carol

Orlando, FL

#875066 Mar 17, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the fact that you are noticing what they are wearing is covetous. Didnt you learn the 10 commandments at your church!?
Again, Lily, when you see the same students from all backgrounds every single day and some are wearing second-hand clothes every single day and bringing bagged lunches every single day and then see one or two who look like they just walked out of the Macy's Children's Department on the free lunch list, you can't help but make this observation.

I do have eyes you know.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#875068 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You can find Kosher chocolate on your grocery shelves, with all the other ethic products, MR. MAN! And I certainly DON'T approve of salty language even if you MIGHT be trying to get these older freedom fighters to cut back a little on the self-abuse. It clouds up the mind, you know, keeping your eye off the ball, and putting you in the path of an oncoming train if you're not paying attention.
so you don't like cats?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#875070 Mar 17, 2013
This Headline so true… Obama’s:’ White House 'open to rich, closed to poor' The People’s house has been close to Poor/Middle Class, but’ Open ‘ if you donate 500.000 to Obama not only do you get access but a seat at the table that’s the… Chicago Way!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#875071 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Why can't you say you were standing behind a mother? How do you know that the jacket may have been a gift from his grandparents? How do you know your coworkers children receive free lunch? There is an income requirement that a family must fall under, why do you focus on the poor and dissect everything they have and do? You think poor people shouldn't have tv? Or cars or computers?
You are a sick,covetous loser with too much time on your hands if you are stalking peop,e in 7-11. Get a life.
Have you ever thought that the private jets that Exxon Mobil executives fly are possible because they pay no taxes?
Keep looking at the poor kids jacket or donut you idiot. It's the schtick that they've handed to dummies like you, to keep you busy being hateful to the poor while they are raping this country and laughing at fools like you and Carol and the rest of the merry band of Morans
Exxon/Mobile paid $28.8 billion in taxes worldwide in 2012. It paid $1.5 billion to the US federal government in 2012.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#875072 Mar 17, 2013
Fox News Forgets That GOP Supported The Sequester

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/02/07/fox-n...
carol

Orlando, FL

#875074 Mar 17, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Just smug self-righteousness, eh?
Due to their father's refusin to pay child support, and subsequently absconding to another state, my family was eligible for 265 dollars in food stamps per month for just under two years. My kids' school clothes came from thrift stores, where a smart shopper can often rejuvenate an entire school-year wardrobe (much of it 'designer') for under a hundred bucks, including the shoes. Gee, I'm sorry - I forgot I was supposed to dress them in rags, to conform to your stereotypical prejudices, simply because my situation warranted participation in a program for which MY tax dollars (and I payed self-employment rates, by the way) were also used.
You know what Carol? You can shove that smug superiority complex right back up your anal canal where it belongs.
Nice to know you begrudged my kids the food they got at school, and the meals I paid for with food stamps, you typical Christian you.
Very prudent of you to have bought your clothes at thrift stores. I too look for treasures there. Quite often. Finding inexpensive brand names and bargain hunting is something I find rewarding and fun.

But you have no idea the circumstances behind the few students in my class years ago who didn't look like they were wearing thrift store name brands or their family situation.

Which also makes you presumptive.

Abusing the system is an everyday occurrence. Not just in my classroom years ago. It's even worse now.
carol

Orlando, FL

#875076 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Simpleton
If it makes you feel better calling me a simpleton when the President of the United States promoted a "balanced approach" and did not follow through with the other half of his own promise, then go ahead.

We still have a president who doesn't do what he says. Doesn't change anything.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#875078 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the fact that some of my students were receiving free lunches and wearing designer clothes and sneakers is still about priorities and using the taxpayers' money wisely.
Nothing to do with racism.
(Sorry if this posted twice.)
If this is the Carol from Orlando whom I agree with most of the time, I agree with this post. Receiving Free Lunches in designer clothes is truly an oxymoron. I would tell them to take their cocked hats and droopy drawers home, and eat lunch there.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#875079 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be happier if they studied obese shrimp and lesbians on treadmills, you NAME AND LOCATION THIEF? I'll wager the rent NOT!
Can you wager a government subsidy?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#875080 Mar 17, 2013
Usually, CPAC is a time for the movement faithful to enjoy a diet of red-meat speeches that all sound the same. But this time they also tasted the clumpy quinoa of self-doubt and the curdled soymilk of recrimination.

The only possibility that wasn’t seriously entertained by the attendees was the most obvious: that the voters aren’t buying the conservative policies Republicans have been selling....

Republican National Committee official Morton Blackwell assured the audience that the party’s postmortem, to be released Monday, would be a quality product. But Fox News’s Pat Caddell said the report would be a “whitewash,” and he cast blame at Mitt Romney (“single worst campaign in the history of the United States”), Romney adviser Stuart Stevens (“threw the election”), Karl Rove’s super PAC (“what a disaster”) and Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (“if you can’t win, get the hell gone”).“The Republican Party,” Caddell said,“is headed the way of the Whigs.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#875081 Mar 17, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Just smug self-righteousness, eh?
The kids she noticed were hispanic or black. She'd be happy if they came to school in rags and holes in their shoes, starving with rotten teeth so that the white kids can point at them and bully them. Or perhaps the poor kids should be made to wear a big red P on their shirts so everyone will know who they are.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#875082 Mar 17, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh ... I might have been born at night, MR. MAN -- but certainly not LAST night!
are you sure about that?

If you single ladies out there are tired of lonely Saturday nights spent fending off your cats as you down a pint of Ben and Jerry’s, take off that ratty bathrobe, cuz help is on the way. A new dating site – Purrsonals – can connect you and your paw-mate.

You don’t have to prepend “Must Love Cats” to your ad because all members must be crazy for cats.

As you might expect, crazy cat ladies outnumber crazy cat guys on the site. But the guys who are there tend to be covered in cat hair and super-cat-crazy. Like the guy who penned this ad:

I like cats. I love cats. Cats Cats Cats. I like to lick cats. I like to breath cats. I like cats with no tails cause the way there butt wiggles.

OK, there’s no promise that the cat guy you find will also have a mastery of spelling and grammar, but you can’t have everything, right?

http://mousebreath.com/2012/09/crazy-cat-ladi...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#875083 Mar 17, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>If this is the Carol from Orlando whom I agree with most of the time, I agree with this post. Receiving Free Lunches in designer clothes is truly an oxymoron. I would tell them to take their cocked hats and droopy drawers home, and eat lunch there.
"cocked hats and droopy drawers" are you saying that all kids who receive free lunch are black?
Of course you agree with her, white supremacists think alike.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#875084 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I just couldn't bring myself to listen to that screech owl and whiner, already know what they're going to say. Same old hateful crap to keep the red blood boiling of Morans like we have on here. Thought provoking!!
Thoughts of what?
You've just described yourself perfectly! Now have another swig!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#875085 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Carol said you are insecure and a communist
Carol said you're a drunken azzhole. The world agrees! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min J RULES 69,345
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min loose cannon 177,958
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 22 min SMH 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min litesong 46,575
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 37 min what a loser 4,017
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 1,121
Antarctic Ice Sheet Largest by Far in 25 Years 1 hr joey 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 98,196
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search